What is your most favorite memory in CN history?

Ameris

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most exciting was being a grunt in the trenches in Zenith in the Karma war. We got totally crushed and the schism proceeding it pretty much was the wound that eventually collapsed us, but for those few days, it was absolutely exhilarating.

As for my favorite...? Hard to say. I've had a few that I liked.

When TPF got attacked by Athens, I took the chance and stuck my neck out for them on the OWF. A futile gesture, I've now learned, since no amount of debate will actually change anything in the immediate. I argued for almost 48 hours straight. And then more the next few days. I personally thought Athens' had a reasonable CB which made arguing difficult, but rather than being a hypocrite, I focused instead on the appeal of utilizing the diplomatic process to resolve the situation, or at least buy TPF some time. I risked my reputation but it too was exciting, and, shackled by the command to wait for the word of the coalition before declaring, at least I was doing something for our ally. Unfortunately, TPF never really noticed the amount of effort I put in on their part, due mostly to being busy handling the war, I'm sure. But, eh, it was worth it.

Leading Zenith through our last war was bittersweet.

Some of my various dealings as MoFA with other alliance leaders were particularly satisfying, but those details are private.

The formation of the Peace and Love Train bloc was a rather proud moment. (For posterity sake, grouping our numerous protectorates with TFD and making a joint pack to protect them was my idea. Though, it was DK who coined the name, built the forums, wrote the treaty, and pretty much made it all happen.)

----

[quote name='Ecthelion' timestamp='1272405154' post='2277669']
Behold, our new champion of free speech and democracy! I shall name him "Hitler" and he shall be mein, mein Hitler.[/quote]

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1272422680' post='2278026']
Ah, I've been equated with Hitler. Finally, my life is complete.
[/quote] :smug:

Edited by Kzoppistan

The cluster $%&@ war. The sheer insanity of people switching sides every 5 minutes, the constant strategy shifts and changes in tactics, and the never ending re-allocation of forces made that a VERY fun time period (before having to leave the fun to get back to college :( )

Got to know some pretty cool people like BJ and Roq as well in the god knows how many war planning channels I was in.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1281818126' post='2415964']
When TPF got attacked by Athens...I personally thought Athens' had a reasonable CB which made arguing difficult
[/quote]
Yesssssss. :smug:

It's actually fun to back up allies when you think they're wrong because you find yourself unresticted by logic.

Being in the TIFDTT high command channel this last war and having LiquidMercury and a few other notable alliance leaders say that working with me during the war had actually changed their opinion of The Legion from highly negative, to positive. Definitely my proudest moment and I felt the first step on bringing Legion out of WAE status. Then we peaced out and I left in disgust. Oh well

The Legion for WAE 2010

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1281844827' post='2416304']
Yesssssss. :smug:

It's actually fun to back up allies when you think they're wrong because you find yourself unresticted by logic.
[/quote]

You must be happier than a pig in... something family-friendly.

[quote name='Arcades057' timestamp='1281858304' post='2416516']
You must be happier than a pig in... something family-friendly.
[/quote]
I'm jealous. I can only imagine how much fun you've had as a member of Q and 1V. Though simply being a NPO member usually lends you the opportunity to safely discard reason on the OWF.

Actually I have another favorite memory, the day we got out of terms without getting the FAN treatment.

Oh, I forgot. Being the leader of the Anti-Cabinesta movement in Legion before Purplegate. How I wish we had gone for the quicker, more aggressive strategy and changed them under their own cogniscence.

Edited by Hymenbreach

1) When the MCXA leaders betrayed their Alliance and created TSO... it was very much like a "we told you they were traitors".

2) When Polaris forced Stand or Die to cease to exist... ! :awesome: It was nice to get rid of the nazis.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1281845595' post='2416314']
Being in the TIFDTT high command channel this last war and having LiquidMercury and a few other notable alliance leaders say that working with me during the war had actually changed their opinion of The Legion from highly negative, to positive. Definitely my proudest moment and I felt the first step on bringing Legion out of WAE status. Then we peaced out and I left in disgust. Oh well

The Legion for WAE 2010
[/quote]
How did you, as a member of the Legion, even get past the stigma that your alliance held in order to get into the coalition's high command? That sounds difficult.

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1281845595' post='2416314']

The Legion for WAE 2010
[/quote]
How can legion be the worst alliance ever for a specific year?

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1281868747' post='2416574']
[/quote]
Same way ODN did it I would presume, if they keep doing it wrong they're bound to end up getting it eventually... :P

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1281866900' post='2416568']
How did you, as a member of the Legion, even get past the stigma that your alliance held in order to get into the coalition's high command? That sounds difficult.
[/quote]

It was, but I took the time to help run the spreadsheets, calculate the numbers, help make target lists, and run around tracking down respective people. People noticed, hell after the pre-emptive strike failure the coalition as a whole decided to hold a mini election for three triumvirs to oversee/coordinate what was left of the war effort, and I was elected to be one of them, along with MCRABT of IRON and Frannie of DAWN. Fun times. I was/am hardly any master military mind, I'd consider myself quite average, I just tried to take the time to help where-ever help was needed

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1281868747' post='2416574']
[/quote]

I'm referring to MK's contest on their forums, wherein they have a round robin 64 alliance tournament for the status of Worst Alliance Ever 2010. I think the title is to be interpreted in the sense that they're voting for who is the Worst Alliance Ever as of 2010, and that in 2011 there would be perhaps a follow up contest to see if opinions had changed. To have the status of WAE of 2010 or for any specific year is indeed an oxymoron, as you have pointed out

Edited by Lord Fingolfin

GWII / The Initiative. WUT was great times. Always had fun with them.
GWIII
VE reforming / UJW
Anything related to rolling/trolling Polar and ES and co.
GGA Disbanding

Ahh, the memories

Edited by Smooth

The one where I stopped caring about CN.

Edit: I suppose I liked seeing NPO get crushed as well, that was a great sight.
Edit #2: I also really liked the two haikus that were written by people that mistakenly raided me, those were great.

Edited by Masterof9puppets