What is your most favorite memory in CN history?

Ameris

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1281672393' post='2413863']
The first week of Vox Populi. 11 members to over 2 million NS in less than 2 days, plus a Red and Green senator and enough bully tears to sate anyone's thirst for a year.
[/quote]
Unsurprisingly, this is obviously my choice as well.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beating up rogue nations for /b/ to make up for some wrong I thought I'd made to Furseiseki, in between Great War I and II.

[i]So [/i]many nations I demolished without losing one battle. I felt like I was an invincible assassin-nation, and had this thought about how cool it would be to be part of GATO and be a mercenary for other alliances. It's part of why I felt so downstruck in Great War II when I got my petootie handed to me on a silver platter. :(

The first days of the WotC, trolling Vox on the boards that nothing was really going to happen, while helping with making target lists against Polaris at the same time. And of course playing a lot of UNO on IRC. :)

Probably my favourite memory because it was the only major war in which I did not have the burden of being MoD or deputy of some sort. I really still had the time to look through most of the threads and it was the only major war I fought against an alliance I truly hated at the time.

Alliance-wise, potentially the noCB War. Declaring on Molon Labe and some other alliance (one of TORN's protectorates), knowing fully that NPO would be knocking at the door immediately. It was another eloquently written DoW by Archon, and the unity within MK at that point was immense. Just everyone going in presuming that we'd be run out the game, and just wanting to do as much damage as possible (I think we forced several large nations to delete, and wreaked havoc on NPO nations without SDI's). We were even deciding what to do post war with the forums since we were convinced that would be the end of us.

[img]http://avatars.mk.googlepages.com/MK-Friensbeforeinfra.png[/img]

Personally it's hard to choose. I have a lot of good and !@#$%* times within this game. My entire past with NPO has been pretty hilarious for the most part.

Edited by LJ Scott

Honestly, there are too many. The first months when I had no idea what was going on and I was still supposed to lead alliance of one hundred members somewhere, probably. I was pretty naïve back in the day and would do most things in a very different way, but it was still awesome when everything was actually new and lots of stuff was going on during that, era. Two GWs and finally the UJW within a rather short timespan was precisely what my nooby arse needed to get stuck with this game.

Other glorious moments would be NoV-Q war when we sort of knew deep under that we're never going to get peace and we were going down with the "to hell with it" attitude. We did get peace, though, so meh, but it was still great. Karma was great too.

I can't put my finger on one specific IC memory. I've done politically important things like Karma Command and the NPO terms negotiations and politically asinine things like the mass raid on Knights of Ni!. I've rolled plenty of alliances and been rolled myself (once). I've founded an alliance and built it from nothing into a significant world power as its leader, and then stepped aside to focus on the Other World. Throughout it all though, the one constant that I have always enjoyed has been IRC banter and the OOC community. In the grand scheme of things, the pixels don't (and shouldn't) mean much, but the relationships can and do. So I'm going to stick a giant tongue out at the OP and say that the IC action on Planet Bob is just a sideshow against the backdrop of all the relationships I have with all the interesting people here. My favorite part of this place is the people, and talking to the people. It's the only reason I'm still here. I've been rather bored with the IC political game for some time now, really. It's just become far too predictable.

Oh so many good times. Vox was a blast. Getting a seat on red was so entertaining. And watching the NPO botch the negotiations with Kingzog and consequently watching him sanction some of their biggest names.

The NoV/Continuum war, unjust and foolish as it was, really gave me my sense of self and purpose in this world. Riding into oblivion can be rather exhilarating. And before Vox showed up I was without any real alliance for a short time. I got myself into all kinds of trouble behind the scenes with no place to call home. In fact, I'm almost positive that [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=28&view=findpost&p=783646]this[/url] rule clarification was due to some of my shenanigans. That made me smile.

And Nordreich returning was an amazing day. I remember when the talks of it started on our community forums and how we kept reaching out to alliances only to have them politely turn us down. Many of us were apprehensive about how it would go and if you were to read the DoE thread now, it's a shocker we even got through the first few weeks.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1281677817' post='2414031']
When I started my second nation I decided to try something different and joined Legion. A day or so later the Dove War started. I was one of maybe two Legionnaires not in peace mode. I had literally nothing I could lose. I promptly spent a few days raiding Valhalla's weakest nations. I left that war far stronger than when I entered it, left Legion in the middle of it, and surrendered to nobody
[/quote]
There were 4 of us not in peace mode...good times. I might have old screenshots left over actually. Serving in tL gov during the Dove War and GW3 was my favorite time in CN. After that would be GW1. Good clean uncomplicated war. It was fun as hell doing it in NpO.

Probably when I posted the FCC's declaration of war in the Karma War or the period of time I was King leading up to then. Until then I had been asked to get the FCC get ready to hit a few alliances prior to sudden changes in plans causing the planned target to change, but once the I had the DoW posted I could enjoy the war and stop worrying about making sure everyone in the FCC ready to hit the right alliance. I was King of the FCC at the time and the alliance managed to grow quite a bit while I was King, as well as enjoy an increase of activity within the alliance leading up to the war. After winning the Karma War their wasn't much left to do, eventually I stepped down as King of the FCC when I wasn't able to remain active enough to fill the position properly, although that was long after the Karma War had been concluded. FCC had good FA relations during my time as King and I think all their current defensive treaties were signed by me, so most of it was good memories.

Edited by Methrage

heh, i once spent 15 minutes ranting to one of my good friends on irc about how much i had wanted to go rogue on a particular ruler who had deleted a few months back. How i was saving up and buying up and getting ready to hit them, and then they had just put up their farewell thread, and had deleted. I ranted and raved and felt deprived by fate.

Then my friend who has been silent all this while, says .. "Alfred... this is most awkward...you know i am a reroll.. right? Do you know who i am a reroll of?"

That is one thing that sticks in my mind. Everything else i have done on CN.. is just some insipid memory compared to that.

For me a few are:
[list][*]When AHEAD was starting to really take off, with our documents and structure in order and the nations starting to be significant.
[*]When I joined the MHA and then again when we got the top spot in the Sanction Race.
[*]When I was Chief Judge in the MHA and a "certain issue" got us all pretty heated (lol).
[*]The fierce fight with Matt Miller in Bipolar, with him having two times my Tech and seeming [i]always[/i] online (lol).
[*]When I joined the GPA.[/list]

I feel that the best times are those yet to come, though.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1281699244' post='2414206']
Probably when I posted the FCC's declaration of war in the Karma War or the period of time [b]I was King[/b] leading up to then. Until then I had been asked to get the FCC get ready to hit a few alliances prior to sudden changes in plans causing the planned target to change, but once the I had the DoW posted I could enjoy the war and stop worrying about making sure everyone in the FCC ready to hit the right alliance. [b]I was King[/b] of the FCC at the time and the alliance managed to grow quite a bit while [b]I was King[/b], as well as enjoy an increase of activity within the alliance leading up to the war. After winning the Karma War their wasn't much left to do, eventually I stepped down [b]as King[/b] of the FCC when I wasn't able to remain active enough to fill the position properly, although that was long after the Karma War had been concluded. FCC had good FA relations during my time [b]as King[/b] and I think all their current defensive treaties were signed by me, so most of it was good memories.
[/quote]
Can you say you were King one more time? I'm not quite getting it.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1281700378' post='2414217']
Can you say you were King one more time? I'm not quite getting it.
[/quote]
Well me being King was a key part of my favorite memory, although when you bold it like that it seems I repeated myself more than needed, but one more time just for you. ;)

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1281700590' post='2414222']
Well me being King was a key part of my favorite memory, although when you bold it like that it seems I repeated myself more than needed, but one more time just for you. ;)
[/quote]
Thanks buddy. Now we're crystal clear. Come to think of it, being denied membership from FCC because everyone thought I was Junka was somewhat entertaining.

[quote name='thedestro' timestamp='1281672029' post='2413851']
When Vox emerged and took a red senate seat. That was exciting. I was very tempted to join them :awesome:
[/quote]

[quote]For those who have been napping, Vox Populi has been working to gain a Red Senate seat for the last several days.

Today I am here to announce that we have, at least for the moment, succeeded. And this is despite the fact that many of our members have yet to switch to Red. It is possible that we will lose our place in this cycle, but in the next cycle we are virtually guaranteed a spot.

So I ask the New Pacific Order....

[center][b]Do You Want a Sanction War?[/b][/center][/quote]

It was shortly after this that Bakunin told me that I would never "get to play Cyber Nations again" and the ever-reasonable Zhadum 'welcomed' me to EZI.

Even though it meant waking up in the middle of the night because my computer kept beeping....responding to multiple congratulatory queries....being so groggy that I confused the Moldavi Doctrine and the Revenge Doctrine in the announcement that I wrote up in less than five minutes....

(EDIT: Almost forgot. It was on this night that Doitzel said if he ever met me in person he would kiss me on the lips. This produced a few second of awkward silence, but hey....we were all a little caught up in the moment.)

[b]That[/b] was my favorite night in CN. No question.

Nordreich's reformation is a close second. Having FAN come by as the first alliance to wish us well really made my night, and was a welcome result of a process that (I like to think) I helped to initiate. (Long story, and it's still marked 'Top Secret' by both sides. Don't ask.)

Edited by Ashoka the Great

One week of war during TOP-CnG war. I fought three MK nations in that week, of course I was clear underdog and suffered hard, but the general feeling was very very friendly, we wrote something like 2 or 3 PM's a day to each other and actually I never enjoyed the game that much as in that week. I even enjoyed sending 50 tech to one of those nations lately as reps... and that means something ;)

Alliance-wise maybe the UJW. I was very new in CON government those days and managed aid deliveries between our nations. That was a great experience...

Personally it was the Wolfpack War - not a great event but my first alliance war and first exposure to the excitement building towards update, everyone piling onto IRC, target lists being released and all that. Then the MHA-FAN thing kicked off that same night to top it off. Taking part in the NoV beatdown was also pretty satisfying.