What is your most favorite memory in CN history?

Ameris

As the topic says, please share with us the best moments you had in CN.

The Cold war between GWI and GWII was the most fun I ever had in this game. Both sides wanted a war. Drama was all over the place. NR, member of LoSS, taking a NPO red senate seat. GGA couping their emperor. The maroon war over a member going rogue against Martens. And of course, who could forget the ill-fated NDF?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the 492nd time, it was Nov and Dec 2006. The drama in front of and behind the main scene, plus all the new colour alliances emerging....good times!

Favourite personal memory is talking with mah ppls on irc in my alliance back in the first quarter of 2007. Great group of intriguing people :)

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1281672393' post='2413863']
The first week of Vox Populi. 11 members to over 2 million NS in less than 2 days, plus a Red and Green senator and enough bully tears to sate anyone's thirst for a year.
[/quote]

This is easily my favorite as well. We may have accomplished almost nothing of any material value in that week but damn was it fun.

When I posted that first announcement from Karma. It was the perfect climax to so many things. I'm not sure anything will ever match that...the only thing that comes close was the day I finally got to found my own alliance.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1281676033' post='2413980']
The night TOP attacked us in the last war. The various gov/member IRC channels I was in erupted.

Of course, that soon ended after I actually had to help manage a war against them for the next 2 months :/
[/quote]
The whole day I spent waiting for the attack after finding out about it was great. I got to bask in my smugness all day.

Honestly, the whole time during Karma was my favorite memory. It was the first worldwide war I had fought in, since I've only been around like 2.8 years or so. But honestly, participating in the last big war was fun too. I guess big wars are just the funnest times... I bet many of you agree xD

When I started my second nation I decided to try something different and joined Legion. A day or so later the Dove War started. I was one of maybe two Legionnaires not in peace mode. I had literally nothing I could lose. I promptly spent a few days raiding Valhalla's weakest nations. I left that war far stronger than when I entered it, left Legion in the middle of it, and surrendered to nobody.

Unilaterally declaring VE would never let /b/ have peace was pretty damn sweet, too. I don't think I gave much of any warning to anybody on it and it just became policy.

The months before GW2 and the months between GW2 and GW3 for the excitement on the boards, even for the average non-government player. Though I will say I did enjoy that thread where all the NPO's allies bailed on them at the beginning of Karma. Never have I seen such rage and unity among the CN community.

hmmm, not with this nation of course.... but as a previous ruler I really enjoyed being around to help cause a few major wars..GW1 AND 2 were fun.

With this nation? my time as emperor of Nueva Vida and the friends I met there (and in other alliances) who really helped me get through some tough RL times.....