What is your most favorite memory in CN history?

Ameris

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a rather boring and unimportant person around these parts I would say that I never felt more proud than when I helped to found an alliance and people actually joined instead of scoffing and looking the other way.

I did think the lead-up to Karma was pretty damn fun too.

I have a couple.

GW3-Being one of the few successful members of GATO's military machine. I managed to stay out of anarchy basically the entire war, and helped to pay off a significant amount of GATO's reps after.

UJW-I know it was only for a day, but planning GATO's dow on FOK, and then watching it go off pretty well was an amazing feeling. Sure, no one told me that TOP would be knocking at our door(silly FA people, allies are for kids?) Without their help FOK would have been in a decent amount of trouble.

TSO- I got to fight like 25% of their alliance in the TOP-CNG war. Sure I went a little overboard and should have probably saved my nation some damage, but I broke 3m casualties.

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1281719847' post='2414487']
The initiative split and the UJW, specifically [b]GOONS being all but disbanded.[/b]
[/quote]
That was great too...where were you in the UJW?

Also that reminds me, watching the GOONS-GOONS "war" was quite humorous.

My favorite memory of CN is when C&G had a bunch of people who had deleted during the aftermath of the NoCB war spread out into different Q alliances to form Blackstone. We brought a select few non-C&G gov people from FAN, Vox, VE, and SF into a top secret channel (The original SuperGrievances if you will) on an IRC network never used by anyone in CN and we crafted the destruction of NPO by organizing the leak of NPO screens to OV in such a way that NPO was guaranteed to take the bait. The coup d'Ă©tat was when we made our secret agreement with TOP that NPO needed to be destroyed for the good of CN.

The whole Vox Populi movement. At least, at first it was exciting. I was in MK, we were losing the war, I made the rebel/dangerous/adventurous move and left the alliance to join VP so as not to become an NPO tech farm (bad idea, by the way, I regret it completely. Different story though...). Wow, what a time. In fact I'd say noCB in general was exciting even if it sucked logistically. Just the passion and unity and knowing we were all going to get crushed and destroyed, but helping friends out mattered. It all was absolutely spectacular.

Also, my first alliance war, the Second Shark War where I helped take down a few WAPA folks. Not a big war but a lightning fast one.

Edited by rrkilledme

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1281731112' post='2414736']
My favorite memory of CN is when C&G had a bunch of people who had deleted during the aftermath of the NoCB war spread out into different Q alliances to form Blackstone. We brought a select few non-C&G gov people from FAN, Vox, VE, and SF into a top secret channel (The original SuperGrievances if you will) on an IRC network never used by anyone in CN and we crafted the destruction of NPO by organizing the leak of NPO screens to OV in such a way that NPO was guaranteed to take the bait. The coup d'Ă©tat was when we made our secret agreement with TOP that NPO needed to be destroyed for the good of CN.
[/quote]

OK, now pull the other one.

1. The day Gremlins entered GW3 against Illuminati and drove them against a wall
2. Showing GGA the finger and moving off Green
3. Karma war, when Gremlins entered against IRON. It was a mess of diplomacy and we had to work it all out while fighting a top tier nuclear war
4. The day Citadel disbanded... the end of an era and the end of a balance of powers
5. Bipolar war... it was nice seeing the true faces of everyone (TOP not excluded)

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1281675224' post='2413949']
When I posted that first announcement from Karma. It was the perfect climax to so many things. I'm not sure anything will ever match that...the only thing that comes close was the day I finally got to found my own alliance.
[/quote]

Thats one of mine...

fighting Dan123123 and nitroburn of AB during Karma was fun.

Watching in a channel with senior SF government, waiting for King Vences of TWD apologizing or we were gonna steamroll him.

Watching SF systematically dismantle GGA, with Fark and GOONS on the same side.

SF going to bat for the RIA.

GOD being everything RIA wasn't.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1281741693' post='2414999']
1. The day Gremlins entered GW3 against Illuminati and drove them against a wall
2. Showing GGA the finger and moving off Green
3. Karma war, when Gremlins entered against IRON. It was a mess of diplomacy and we had to work it all out while fighting a top tier nuclear war
4. The day Citadel disbanded... the end of an era and the end of a balance of powers
5. Bipolar war... it was nice seeing the true faces of everyone (TOP not excluded)
[/quote]

In those I would count 2 and 3 count as lowlights
Leaving green was shameful, nothing to be proud of, as was the manoeuvring that saw us during karma hiding on a side front stomping on an opponent that had no chance and bar a few notable individuals could barely fight back

Edited by SynthFG

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1281690133' post='2414146']
Alliance-wise, potentially the noCB War. Declaring on Molon Labe and some other alliance (one of TORN's protectorates), knowing fully that NPO would be knocking at the door immediately. It was another eloquently written DoW by Archon, and the unity within MK at that point was immense. Just everyone going in presuming that we'd be run out the game, and just wanting to do as much damage as possible (I think we forced several large nations to delete, and wreaked havoc on NPO nations without SDI's). We were even deciding what to do post war with the forums since we were convinced that would be the end of us.

[img]http://avatars.mk.googlepages.com/MK-Friensbeforeinfra.png[/img]

Personally it's hard to choose. I have a lot of good and !@#$%* times within this game. My entire past with NPO has been pretty hilarious for the most part.
[/quote]

I agree with regards to the noCB war, the atmosphere in MK was simply amazing during those times, and our DoW was something to be truly proud of. This takes "favorite" for me.