Rating Alliances

New Frontier

[quote name='wickedj' date='05 May 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1273115930' post='2288606']
Its a shame people went and derailed the other rating thread, that one had potential to be really interesting

@Matthew, no..but it wont make that big of a swing :P
[/quote]

No one's stopping anyone from make another one. Unless there's a rule that I don't know about that dictates otherwise.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jrenster' date='05 May 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1273116053' post='2288609']
No one's stopping anyone from make another one. Unless there's a rule that I don't know about that dictates otherwise.
[/quote]
Thanks for volunteering!

[quote name='wickedj' date='05 May 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1273116107' post='2288611']
Thanks for volunteering!
[/quote]

I'm not the one that cares.

Edited by Jrenster

[quote name='Lord Gobb' date='07 May 2010 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1273250125' post='2290337']
Ah, the smell of victory :smug:
[/quote]

you still dont get an award for this! :awesome:

guess I'll do another review (bout time for one) *note to the trigger-happy trolls: this is only based on my opinions and has nothing to do with any AA I'm with (no opinion: N/A)

Mostly Harmless Alliance - 6.5 - ratings down b/c of lack of activity (on my end) but they're decent from way I can remember - plus thnx for Diablofan. he rules
Green Protection Agency - 5
New Pacific Order - 5
New Polar Order - 4.5 the mess from the last war really dropped my opinion a good deal, hoping they'll make a turnout
World Task Force - N/A
Sparta - 5 (likable group but that's about it)
Viridian Entente - 6.25 (hit or miss but still come out fair overall)
The Democratic Order - N/A
Fark - N/A
Mushroom Kingdom - 3.5 (not a fan of the trolling or smug V_V)
Orange Defense Network - 5
United Purple Nations - N/A
FOK - 5
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization - 7
The Legion - 7 (good group)
The Order Of The Paradox - 8 (tough as #&%$ from what I've heard and have great people like Sky though the pre-emptive strike which boosted the last war kinda hurted the score but still fairly good overall)
Ragnarok - N/A
RnR - 6 (these guys are alright)
The Order Of Light - 8.75 (still I was a TOOLie :P - great community and easy to get along with, though the activity is the only real issue: especially within the last few weeks V_V other than that - they're winners)
Random Insanity Alliance - 8.5 (tough foes and very friendly, makes for great allies ^_^ though their forums are a little nuts V_V)
Umbrella - 5
Poison Clan - 4 (while my opinion is slightly better: still hard to forget the 'DoW w/ a NAP' mess during Karma - no offense - that's just my opinion V_V)
Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations - 6
Nueva Vida - 6.5 (haven't talked to them in a while but I still like these guys a lot - friendly once you get to know them)
Federation Of Armed Nations - 5 (if nothing else - you're resilient)
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations - 8.5 (steadfast allies, fun to associate with, can't go wrong w/ them)
Siberian Tiger Alliance - 8 (<3 these guys, also thnx Tyga for the interview a while back ^_^ fun times)
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance - 7 (mostly b/c of Gopher ;) and we all like gophers, right?)
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons - N/A
Athens - 1.75 (very annoying bunch, hardly have any like for them)
Nordreich - N/A
The International - 5
The Foreign Division - N/A
LOSS - 7 (also a fun adversary and friendly bunch: sometimes its good to get LoSS - horribly bad pun meant to be a good compliment failed - I know XD)
Nusantara Elite Warriors - 7 (tough guys and quite likable)
The Grämlins - 0 (old Gre would've be 7 at least, but this current group have no right to be called Gramlins: do CN a favor and either disband or get your heads together and stop being #$^@ing stupid)
Guru Order - N/A
North Atlantic Defense Coalition - 5
M*A*S*H - N/A
The Templar Knights _ N/A

[quote]Nordreich - 3 - I don't like the "OMG WE'RE NOT NAZIS HERE HAVE A SWASTIKA WHILE I'M READING MEIN KAMPF" stance. [b]Three points for Zog only.[/b]
Nordreich - 8 - +1 each for [b]Ashoka/zog[/b], Agha Petros Elia, and Ar Pharazon.
Nordreich - 6 - As i consider them old enemies a couple of years back this would have been a Zero, but a combo of Nemhauser and [b]Zog[/b] has put paid to that.
Nordreich - 7 - Bonus points for [b]Zog[/b] and Nemhauser.[/quote]

And MK believe [i]they[/i] are entitled to use the smug smilie? Pffft.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to read [i]Mein Kampf[/i]. Here, have a [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFRMuCUVthg"]swastika[/url].

Edited by Ashoka the Great

Mostly Harmless Alliance - 2
Green Protection Agency - 2
New Pacific Order - 4
New Polar Order - 6
World Task Force - 6
Sparta - 5
Viridian Entente - 6
The Democratic Order - 3
Fark - 9
Mushroom Kingdom - 5
Orange Defense Network - 5
United Purple Nations - 2
FOK - 7
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization - 4
The Legion - 1
The Order Of The Paradox - 2
Ragnarok - 10 gazzillion
RnR - 8
The Order Of Light - 3
Random Insanity Alliance - 9
Umbrella - 5
Poison Clan - 5
Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations - 9
Nueva Vida - 5
Federation Of Armed Nations - 5
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations - 2
Siberian Tiger Alliance - 4
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance - 3
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons - 5
Athens - 8
Nordreich - 5
The International - 5
The Foreign Division - 4
LOSS - 4
Nusantara Elite Warriors - 8 (outstanding fighters)
The Grämlins - 6
Guru Order - 8 (on the way up these guys)
North Atlantic Defense Coalition - 4
M*A*S*H - 4
The Templar Knights - 5

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='08 May 2010 - 03:43 PM' timestamp='1273329769' post='2291294']

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to read [i]Mein Kampf[/i]. Here, have a [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFRMuCUVthg"]swastika[/url].
[/quote]
Maybe you should form your own one man alliance and top the ratings list :D

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='08 May 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1273329769' post='2291294']
[/quote]

The 27+ awards entitles us. :smug:

(Sorry, had to go there.)

For the purpose of my ratings a 5 is an average score.

Mostly Harmless Alliance - 6

Green Protection Agency - 9 - I like builders, even if they're almost always neutral, they know how to make their nations great.

New Pacific Order - 10 - Once you know the inside of the alliance well and you have been a part of it the brotherhood and the efficiency is like nothing I have ever seen anywhere else on Bob. Though some do get the desire to roam from home, I will never be anything but a Pacifican until Pacifica ends.. and that's not a half-hearted pledge. I gave my blood and stayed through Karma with them, and have seen the best and worst of times with these guys.

New Polar Order - 4 - Fault Grub for this one. The FA actions didn't look well calculated or even rational.

World Task Force - 5

Sparta - 5

Viridian Entente - 7 - They have my respect as warriors for they fought with both ferociousness and honor during Karma when in combat with me.

The Democratic Order - 5

Fark - 5

Mushroom Kingdom - 6 - I like the nintendo theme.

Orange Defense Network - 7 - I have some good friends from among this group and find them to be overall good companions even if a few individuals do like to snipe at the NPO for pretty much anything it seems.

United Purple Nations - 5

FOK - 5

Global Alliance And Treaty Organization - 5

The Legion - 5

The Order Of The Paradox - 7 - Impressed with their last war performance.

Ragnarok - 5

RnR - 5

The Order Of Light - 4 - I'm not sure I'd like to have the acronym of TOOL.

Random Insanity Alliance - 5

Umbrella - 5

Poison Clan - 5

Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations - 5

Nueva Vida - 5

Federation Of Armed Nations - 7 - They have my respect for surviving persistent, long term warfare.

Independent Republic Of Orange Nations - 7 - As with ODN II've had a few good friends among this group.

Siberian Tiger Alliance - 5

Multicolored Cross-X Alliance - 4 - War performance against me by some of their members in Karma war weren't as impressive as they could have been.

The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons - 5

Athens - 6 - Out of curiousity, are you guys broke and rioting like the real Greece yet? Given a 6 for being the butt end of my bad poli-economic humor.

Nordreich - 5

The International - 5

The Foreign Division -5

LOSS - 5

Nusantara Elite Warriors - 5

The Grämlins - 5

Guru Order - 5

North Atlantic Defense Coalition - 5

M*A*S*H - 5

The Templar Knights - 5

If you were given a 5 or lower the reasons are mentioned or your alliance just hasn't done anything that has really caught my attention as of yet.

[quote name='jstep' date='14 May 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1273853738' post='2297850']
I'd love to see the variances of some of these alliances, figure out which alliances are the most polarizing. I don't have the time now, but I'll give it a go next week maybe.
[/quote]
I hadn't thought of that, although I don't know how significant it is based on sample size and other factors such as people losing all objectivity with respect to either allies or adversaries. (Thank God [b]I[/b] never do that. :rolleyes: )

What's interesting to me is that, when averaged, most alliances seem to fall in the 3-7 range, or "5 +/- 2". If there are any on either side of that I suppose that would be the group of alliances people most like/loathe.

5 being unknown and/or neutral.

Mostly Harmless Alliance 3 Cut Gre and I'll raise you some.
Green Protection Agency 6
New Pacific Order 6
New Polar Order 3 Because of the Bipolar.
World Task Force 5
Sparta 2
Viridian Entente 8 Very helpful lately. Would be higher if not for some treaties.
The Democratic Order 5
Fark 3 Stop spamming my scripts.
Mushroom Kingdom 3
Orange Defense Network 3
United Purple Nations 4
FOK 4
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization 4
The Legion 4
The Order Of The Paradox 6
Ragnarok 4
RnR 5
The Order Of Light 5
Random Insanity Alliance 4
Umbrella 6
Poison Clan 1
Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations 2
Nueva Vida 5
Federation Of Armed Nations 2
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations 5
Siberian Tiger Alliance 5
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance 5
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons 5
Athens 2
Nordreich 2
The International 3
The Foreign Division 5
LOSS 4
Nusantara Elite Warriors 6
The Grämlins 1
Guru Order 5
North Atlantic Defense Coalition 4
M*A*S*H 4
The Templar Knights 4

Mostly Harmless Alliance - 4 Meh.
Green Protection Agency - 1 Neutral.
New Pacific Order - 4 The best thing you can say about them is they're interesting.
New Polar Order - 3 Meh.
World Task Force - 1 Neutral
Sparta - 4 Meh
Viridian Entente - 6 Have some good posters and have Bob Janova.
The Democratic Order - 1 Neutral
Fark - 5
Mushroom Kingdom - 6 They were good opponents in the last war.
Orange Defense Network - 5 Did pretty well in the last war.
United Purple Nations - 2 MADP means you're with an alliance whatever they do. Which is why MADPs are retarded but if you're dumb enough to sign one you should honor it.
FOK - 5 Went in a different direction than what I had hoped but I can't fault them for that. I do wish things had ended in a less acrimonious manner though.
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization - 6 +2 because TSO says you were great opponents in the last war.
The Legion - 4 meh
The Order Of The Paradox - 9 Every alliance has room for improvement, only reason it's not a 10.
Ragnarok - 4 meh
RnR - 6 One of the more reasonable SF alliances.
The Order Of Light - 5 meh. Argent's ally so that gets a +1 from the normal 4.
Random Insanity Alliance - 4 meh
Umbrella - 7 Good Citadel allies for a long time, plus have good members. Unfortunate the way the relationship ended.
Poison Clan - 4 meh
Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations - 4 meh
Nueva Vida - 4 meh
Federation Of Armed Nations 4 I guess I just don't see what everybody else seems to see in you. Great job resisting the NPO for as long as you did though.
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations - 8 I definitely had my doubts about you when I came to TOP, but I've been proven pretty wrong on that one. You guys are great allies. You do have some bad OTPs but that's alright.
Siberian Tiger Alliance - 4 Not as great as everyone thinks they are. Not bad though.
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance - 4 meh
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons - 4 meh
Athens - 4 meh
Nordreich - 4 meh
The International - 4 meh
The Foreign Division - 4 meh
LOSS - 4 meh
Nusantara Elite Warriors - 2 -2 for being overrated. Not really they're fault, but the constant praise annoys me. Plus they tried to back out of a MADP with TPF in the TPF-Athens war iirc.
The Grämlins - 5 While I don't like what they're doing to IRON and DAWN they are standing up for what they believe in. There's something that can be said for that I suppose, plus I still like a few of their members.
Guru Order - 5 Good tech sellers back in the day.
North Atlantic Defense Coalition - 4 meh
M*A*S*H - 4 meh
The Templar Knights - 4 meh

[quote name='President Obama' date='21 May 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1274476821' post='2307257']
Plus they tried to back out of a MADP with TPF in the TPF-Athens war iirc.
[/quote]
You remember wrong. NEW said they wouldn't defend people that defended Polar in the Polar-\m/ war at which point they had already canceled/downgraded that treaty. They just didn't announce it.

[quote name='Shodemofi' date='20 April 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1271800516' post='2268243']
Random Insanity Alliance - 5 I do tend to like you guys on the forums, but Delta challenging Ivan to war then chickening out was pretty pathetic.
[/quote]

Delta didn't chicken out at all, in the heat of the moment he lost his temper and forgot the incredibly draconian offensive war clause in the RIA ConstRItution that makes it essentially impossible to declare an offensive war.

Anyhoo:

Mostly Harmless Alliance - 6 I actually like your guys' style. You don't hate anybody, you're like us in that way.
New Pacific Order - 5 On the one hand, noone can deny the NPO is a well oiled machine, on the other hand, being one of the cogs (whether member or ally) sucks big time.
New Polar Order - 7 We're not exactly friends, RIA and NpO, but I like you guys, you've got style, and noone can say you don't have balls or conviction.
Sparta - 8 My opinion on Sparta has changed a lot since last year, great guys
Viridian Entente - 10 One of the greatest alliances on planet Bob by every measure, and steadfast friends to boot
The Democratic Order - ? I don't really know you neutral folks that well do I?
Fark - 10 Fark are honest and just and good to a fault, the moral compass of SF and the best damn bunch of reprobates in the game
Mushroom Kingdom - 7 super-Elite and they know everything that everyone does everywhere, even before they do. I've got to take a few points off though to prevent them from winning yet another poll.
United Purple Nations - 4 You guys are sort of making a habit of attacking our allies :v:
FOK - 8 You guys are great, I wish our alliances were closer, and that I spoke Dutch
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization - 7? Even though we've talked a fair bit and we've even fought a few wars alongside one another I still can't really get a sense of GATO, you guys are an enigmatic bunch.
The Legion - 4 Can't say I'm a huge fan
The Order Of The Paradox - 7 Technically one of the best alliances in the game, but the leadership of Crymson knocked you guys down a few pegs in at least my esteem. Too much backroom stuff and realpolitik for my liking.
Ragnarok - 10 You always know exactly where you stand with RoK, and you know they're going to be there come hell or high water. Also, Hoo
RnR - 10 :wub:
The Order Of Light - 4 You guys get points for Mia :P
Random Insanity Alliance - 0 Total bunch of noobs, they have James Dahl and C-zom, I mean come on, fail central
Umbrella - 10 Umbrella is what I imagine RIA would be like if we were elite and more awesome, and didn't have to have me around
Poison Clan - 10 I could go on and on but essentially their allies don't know how lucky they are
Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations - 10 I love these guys! If any alliance was our brother, it's CSN. :wub:
Nueva Vida - ? I don't really know NV all that well
Federation Of Armed Nations - ? My interaction with FAN was largely limited to attacking them back in my NPO days. I don't think that's a fair basis for assessment.
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations - 7 Despite being perennial foes, RIA and IRON also historically have excellent relations, plus there's the *ahem* art gallery.
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance - 3 Can't say I'm a fan
Athens - 7 I like Athens, they've got moxy.
The International - 7 Old and steadfast allies, but you guys are too enigmatic, I'm like your mother who lives in Philly and you never call or write your poor old mom.
Nusantara Elite Warriors - 6? You guys are pretty solid and organized from what I've seen.
The Grämlins - Let's just say no comment
The Templar Knights - 7 Old allies and old friends, but we should be closer than we are, come over to our place one day eh?

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='flak attack' date='21 May 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1274493707' post='2307520']
You remember wrong. NEW said they wouldn't defend people that defended Polar in the Polar-\m/ war at which point they had already canceled/downgraded that treaty. They just didn't announce it.
[/quote]
the announcement was pretty much "greeting citizen new not honour treaty.." though.