Gosh CSN!

The AUT

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Starfox101' date='04 April 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1270405065' post='2247658']
Lol, Penkala. Why you being a coward? Fight him like a man and back up your words. Always going around tough talking, well now we see you're only as tough as the people backing you up.
[/quote]

When have I ever avoided a fight to save my infra? When I see an obstacle I usually stupidly run head first into it. I don't cower. My record speaks for itself. Why would I be scared of Aut when I wasn't scared of taking on 2 nations with WRCs and 20x my warchest? :rolleyes: It just doesn't make any sense.

[quote]Put me down for 50 on AUT, 4 days in to war. [/quote]

*shrug* it would have been relatively close. We both would have ended at near ZI. Not due to any real skill -- I'm sure we both know the same tricks. Skill only comes into play when it's me (or Aut) versus an average, non-active / non-fighting nation. The differences are: 1) Aut had over 11 times my tech 2) I would have been able to nuke Aut. I'm not sure if he had the capability to nuke back, but he might have. 3) Aut has an SDI, I don't. Aut has a Pentagon, I don't. Aut has 5 barracks, I don't. 4) Aut has better trades.

So yeah, unless he is completely inept at war, he'd probably have won in a duel. It's nothing to do with 'skill' when you have those kinds of advantages. You just have to not be completely inept.

Hate to break it to you, but there isn't that much "skill" in warfare.

Now with that said, I'd have still loved the opportunity to nuke the !@#$ out of Aut. But it wasn't to be. I listen to my government, as does Aut. My government told me not to fight him, so I didn't.

[quote]ITT, Penkala comes off looking like a total tool, yet again. [/quote]

Really my detractors are the ones looking like fools. OK JUST LEAVE CSN AND GO ROGUE AND FIGHT HIM DUDE SCREW YOUR GOV DO IT DO IT DO IT. No. I like CSN, and I'm tired of the half-dozen or so recommendations I've got to go rogue to fight Aut for a week. I'm not giving up CSN to throw a half dozen nukes at Aut. That's stupid. Aut and I will have our battle one day. I'm sure of it. Like I've said, I owe him now, and at the first opportunity I have (and no, I don't have an opportunity now, I'm not giving up my alliance to hit Aut) I'll let him know and ask if he wants his duel. This duel isn't avoided. It's just delayed.

[quote]No, I was not in NSO government until a few months later. I only joined NSO after the incident with RAD. In fact, I joined them because they declared war on RAD. But my point remains, if he despises NSO and its methods, why does he then use those same justifications to justify his methods? It reeks of hypocrisy. [/quote]

That's why I'm... wait for it... not going to use it as a justification to do what NSO did. Shocker!

[quote]I personally hope that this headache doesn't spread beyond TheAUT and Penkala. The other members of Carthage have done nothing to CSN. As one of Carthage's protectors, I will say that we do not endorse or condone TheAUT's actions and we look forward to working out an amicable solution that doesn't make it bigger than it needs to be. [/quote]

The only reason I'd like it to spread would be to have the honor of facing Zenith on the battlefield again. :wub: DK :wub:

[quote]Don't worry DK. They were both being tards. Things are solved for the most part now, and if CSN wants to involve Carthage over it unnecessarily, then they can come and talk to us about it. [/quote]

Posture! Posture for the cameras!

This is over. Stop bringing it up as if we're considering attacking Carthage (hint: we're not.)

[quote]In which case, you would think you would learn. Unfortunately I'm not sure that's part of your mental capacity. [/quote]

I honestly gave it about a 0% chance that Aut would do anything other than talk. Woops.

Anyways, I'm done with posting here. I've addressed everything. If you have any proof I'm doing this because I'm scared, feel free to contact me. Otherwise, your claims have been disproved. If you have any proof we're planning to attack Carthage, come find me on IRC. Otherwise, your claims have been disproved. If you're just here to say "Bad Penkala", carry on. But I'm tired of the "coward" and "you're gonna hurt carthage dude" arguments. They have been easily disproved with facts. Unless you have some facts that say otherwise, don't waste your time arguing.

Oh, and

[quote]ITT, Penkala comes off looking like a total tool, yet again.[/quote]

-NpO member

Edited by Penkala

AUT someone that has been around as long as you should know that as a member of an alliance Penkala dose not have the final say in being attacked so you cant really complain

But dam a duel would of been fun to watch

[b] [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=34832"]
[/url][/b]

[quote name='wickedj' date='04 April 2010 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1270398369' post='2247583']
You should pay better attention. this matter was resolved about 10 minutes after it started
[/quote]

[QUOTE]
Don't worry DK. They were both being tards. [b]Things are solved for the most part now[/b], and if CSN wants to involve Carthage over it unnecessarily, then they can come and talk to us about it.
[/QUOTE]

kthxbai.

[quote name='Penkala' date='04 April 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1270426960' post='2248064']
That's why I'm... wait for it... not going to use it as a justification to do what NSO did. Shocker![/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Then why do you continually bring it up as a reason for why CSN should have rolled Carthage?[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='04 April 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1270444348' post='2248674']
[color="#0000FF"]Then why do you continually bring it up as a reason for why CSN should have rolled Carthage?[/color]
[/quote]
Because he's a hypocrite.

[quote name='King sin' date='05 April 2010 - 03:42 AM' timestamp='1270453327' post='2248874']
I think more people should not put up with trolls... Good on you The AUT. It was and honourable move, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
[/quote]

What is a "troll"?

[quote name='Dementual' date='05 April 2010 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1270446230' post='2248736']
Because he's a hypocrite.
[/quote]

No, actually because you can't read beyond a 2nd grade level. I brought it up to contrast how CSN operates with how NSO would have handled this. You know, point out that I wasn't following the precedent RV's little friends made.

Is this really a tough concept?

Jeez people making me come back.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='04 April 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1270405065' post='2247658']
Lol, Penkala. Why you being a coward? Fight him like a man and back up your words. Always going around tough talking, well now we see you're only as tough as the people backing you up.
[/quote]

Oh noez, Penkalas infra.

Good job, Aut!

[quote name='Penkala' date='05 April 2010 - 08:22 AM' timestamp='1270470110' post='2248996']
Jeez people making me come back.
[/quote]

You come back on your own accord. If you could keep your word, maybe you'd stay away!

[quote name='Penkala' date='04 April 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1270426960' post='2248064']

So yeah, unless he is completely inept at war, he'd probably have won in a duel. It's nothing to do with 'skill' when you have those kinds of advantages. You just have to not be completely inept.

Hate to break it to you, but there isn't that much "skill" in warfare. [/quote]

That pretty much goes to show just how little you do know.

[quote]I honestly gave it about a 0% chance that Aut would do anything other than talk. Woops.
[/quote]

Well, somebody comes out of this situation as "all talk," and to give you a hint, it's not AUT.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' date='05 April 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1270505759' post='2249606']
That pretty much goes to show just how little you do know.
[/quote]

I think most people would agree that there is very little skill involved when it comes to fighting on a nation to nation basis. The nation with better stats will win pretty much every time, unless they are totally incompetent or get screwed by the RNG.

Anyways, seeing as this issue was resolved half way down the first page, there isn't really much point in continuing this discussion.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='06 April 2010 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1270506744' post='2249627']
I think most people would agree that there is very little skill involved when it comes to fighting on a nation to nation basis. The nation with better stats will win pretty much every time, unless they are totally incompetent or get screwed by the RNG.

Anyways, seeing as this issue was resolved half way down the first page, there isn't really much point in continuing this discussion.
[/quote]

Well Put... Should be closing this topic off now

I would like to note that posts consisting of nothing more than one's opinion that a thread should be closed are off-topic posts. I would like to further note that not posting in the topic at all, thus allowing it to die naturally, would also achieve your desired result, and would do so without breaking the rules ;)

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='03 April 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1270337420' post='2246992']
Hey! Look at me! I attacked an aligned nation and the alliance didn't like it! But he called me out, that makes it ok, right!

:facepalm:

Aren't we just finishing up a very damaging front to a war that was opened because an alliance didn't feel the need to play by the normal rules about when an attack is okay? And isn't that showing us all that it doesn't end well?

Anyone who falls for that type of stupid baiting and attacks an aligned nation deserves everything they get, and you are lucky that CSN hasn't finished the job.

This type of silly 'I'm better than you at war' argument should never get this far.
[/quote]

It isn't very often that I completely agree with Bob recently... and this is one of those "not often times". Thank you Bob... thank you for actually making one of the most coherent posts in this entire thread. And this is not sarcasm whatsoever. Please, everyone, take lessons from this post.

Take it from someone who's made that exact mistake: When you're in an aid program and can't get in wars, don't go around acting all tough and asking people to attack you. Someone just might take you up on your offer someday. And if you do get in that situation, just shut up and move on. When you go on and on about something that you asked for, you come off looking like an idiot, trust me. Really I'm surprised CSN backed you the way they did. Not that they should have completely abandoned you, but I wouldn't have blamed them for telling you to clean up your own mess.

-Bama

Bama, it's because, deep deep deep deep deep deep deep, deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep, deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep, deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep down, CSN are big softies. Especially that Wickedj guy, he wells up at just the possibility of seeing a baby's sock.

There really isn't much skill in a 1v1 war. The result is determined by your nation build, whether you can be online at 0555-0615 GMT and whether you get lucky in the attacks. None of those things can reasonably be called 'skill in war'. In alliance warfare there is significant skill in deploying nations effectively against the enemy, coordinating with battle partners, targeting spy attacks, and even for an individual nation to manage its deployment and navies across multiple fronts, but none of that applies in a 1v1.

And thanks, SOM. The plus side of saying exactly what I think is that it lines up with everyone else at least on rare occasions :P

[quote name='The AUT' date='03 April 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1270330885' post='2246844']
So you're going to let him mouth off and run behind CSN's strength to extort reparations from me?

Come on Penkala I peaced you out after all that, call off your friends. You did say you would, after all.
[/quote]

Let this be a lesson to you, The AUT, there's a strong correlation between those who run their mouths and those who are cowards (r^2 of about 0.90).

Penkala's a bit of an outlier here: not just regularly cowardly, but *incredibly* cowardly. I might have to consider including a non-linear "giant baby" term into my mouth-running<-->coward model.

As much as I want to let this thread die, I must say that you can't really call Penkala cowardly. He's basically fought nonstop since his nation was created. The guy's 1k infra and has over a million casualties. He's no infra-hugger, if that's what you're suggesting.

[quote name='NationRuler' date='06 April 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1270595225' post='2250842']
As much as I want to let this thread die, I must say that you can't really call Penkala cowardly. He's basically fought nonstop since his nation was created. The guy's 1k infra and has over a million casualties. He's no infra-hugger, if that's what you're suggesting.
[/quote]
We all know Goose is the true infra hugger