Gosh CSN!

The AUT

[quote name='Penkala' date='03 April 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1270330484' post='2246832']
I should go order the attack on Carthage now.
[/quote]

Hahahaha. No.

I think AUT learned something from this here. You have your fun in alliance wars. If you're lucky enough, you'll get to hit people you dislike or what a piece of, such as Penkala. But generally, even if it's "organized," it usually has some hitch with it.

In this case, the hitch was a laughably arrogant opponent who decided to make you look like a fool and use his MoD to treat it as a rogue attack and try to extort reps from you.

CN Life Lesson #53 learned. Don't trust somebody who doesn't like you. They probably aren't going to uphold that trust.

Edited by GearHead

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah! The stupidity.

AUT, you probably should have known Penkala doesn't have the stones to follow through with his threats. He enjoys running his mouth, and if people actually began following through... well we'd all begin to see what a coward he is. Penkala, my friend, if you're going to continue attacking alliances for being dishonorable, you should probably begin by examining your own actions.

[quote name='GearHead' date='04 April 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1270379689' post='2247423']
Hahahaha. No.

I think AUT learned something from this here. You have your fun in alliance wars. If you're lucky enough, you'll get to hit people you dislike or what a piece of, such as Penkala. But generally, even if it's "organized," it usually has some hitch with it.

In this case, the hitch was a laughably arrogant opponent who decided to make you look like a fool and use his MoD to treat it as a rogue attack and try to extort reps from you.

CN Life Lesson #53 learned. Don't trust somebody who doesn't like you. They probably aren't going to uphold that trust.
[/quote]

Much love to my allies in Peace and Love Train for always having my back. You and me, less-than-three. :wub:

Also, yes, I did learn something. "Do something about it" usually means, "No don't! I didn't mean it now back off" [b]*tear*[/b]

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='03 April 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1270352141' post='2247184']
I like BK and all, but he had help.
[/quote]

Of course! I always help my friends.

[quote]tl;dr: Penkala and CSN suck. Oh, and AUT likes to make threads.[/quote]

I can totally get where you think I suck out of all of this, but how does CSN suck? Someone attacked their member, and they left it up to him whether he wanted reps or not. They stopped the war. What exactly did CSN do wrong?

Come on, people, give me some FACTS here. Something that can be debated. Why is CSN being bad?

[quote], still had a good laugh at the bickering though.[/quote]

I try.

[quote]Now I won't fault CSN here, as they are my beloved allies, and nor shall I support AUT's mistake, but quite frankly Penkala is not innocent. He did provoke this attack by giving AUT the impression that this was a sanctioned duel. The AUT should not have to pay reps. Quite honestly I believe CSN is out of line here, and only seeking to throw its weight around, which is unfortunate because I know that they are much better than this. [/quote]

Where has CSN thrown their weight around? We're not even asking reps. YOU, Rebel Virginia, as gov of NSO, set a standard in exactly this situation. That standard was that we should have immediately attacked Carthage -- every single member. Luckily for Carthage, CSN isn't a moronic alliance so that didn't need to happen. We actually have the ability to think through to reasonable conclusions to problems, and the reasonable conclusion here was a simple white peace: No reps, no attacks on Aut, no attacks on Carthage, no apology. Nothing.

[quote]You guys actually thought I'd pay a cent to CSN? Whoever want to come let them come, yala mish moshkilla. (come on, no problem)[/quote]

If we had demanded them, you would have, or your alliance would have paid them for you. At least, that's my guess. Not really important, though, as I'm not asking for them.

[quote]Uh... pretty sure he's not. [/quote]

Until my retirement this morning I was a low-level government member of CSN, yes. A deputy. (I'll get to a little more about the 'until this morning' deal in a minute).

[quote]My neutral opinion of Penkala has shifted to a negative opinion. You come of as nothing more than a pretentious fool who has no spine. I honestly hope you learn to back up that mouth of yours. [/quote]

I wanted to fight him, CSN said no, I listened. I was told about 15 minutes before I was attacked that I would NOT be dueling. When I brought it up after I was attacked I was told it would be treated as a rogue attack and that I would NOT be dueling him.

[quote]In this case, the hitch was a laughably arrogant opponent who decided to make you look like a fool and use his MoD to treat it as a rogue attack and try to extort reps from you.[/quote]

I love people who need to lie to make me look bad. Yes, lie. My MoD told me I had "reps coming to [me]" once I told him Aut had declared & attacked. I told my MoD that I didn't want any reps. I told Aut the same thing: that he owed me nothing. I'm sorry that we couldn't duel. I feel pretty bad about it all, especially because Aut sold infra to get down here. The least I can do is let him have a white peace.

[quote]I always knew he was all mouth. Although, like now, he never fails to make me laugh. [/quote]
[quote]AUT, you probably should have known Penkala doesn't have the stones to follow through with his threats. He enjoys running his mouth, and if people actually began following through... well we'd all begin to see what a coward he is.[/quote]

How am I "all talk"? Ask VA if I'm "all talk". I attacked their alliance. Twice. Once on my own, once with friends. In case you haven't noticed, they were a medium-ish-sized 1.3 million NS alliance.

Ask your own members if I'm "all talk". I bill locked four of them while fighting, at best, 4 v 1, and at worst 6 v 1. One of them tried to surrender to me but then went inactive. Not quite sure what happened to him.

Besides, didn't your *own alliance* face one of these situations and flood in to attack the alliance and give your member some badly needed backup?

I have never backed down from a fight before this week, during which I've backed down from two. Does it stand to reason that JUST MAYBE someone other than me is making these calls, especially given my history and blatant disregard for my nation? Or did that thought never cross your mind?

A few last words: I'm sorry we didn't get our war, Aut. We will some day. I owe you one. To those blaming CSN, yet not citing any reasons: nobody's going to take you seriously unless you point out what CSN did wrong. I'm waiting to hear that, still. Don't really bother, though, because I may not be around to hear the response. (OOC: I'm taking until the end of the school year off. Today's the last day of Spring Break, and as such, the last day that I'll be around here. I'll probably be back then. This was a pretty fun way to exit, though. Thanks for this, Aut. :) )

[code]Also, yes, I did learn something. "Do something about it" usually means, "No don't! I didn't mean it now back off" *tear* [/code]

Yes. It was me crying and afraid for my pixels that canceled this. Oh well. You're just wrong again, Aut. You're wrong like 98% of the time, though, so that's not surprising.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='04 April 2010 - 11:03 AM' timestamp='1270393416' post='2247513']
Where has CSN thrown their weight around? We're not even asking reps. YOU, Rebel Virginia, as gov of NSO, set a standard in exactly this situation. That standard was that we should have immediately attacked Carthage -- every single member. Luckily for Carthage, CSN isn't a moronic alliance so that didn't need to happen. We actually have the ability to think through to reasonable conclusions to problems, and the reasonable conclusion here was a simple white peace: No reps, no attacks on Aut, no attacks on Carthage, no apology. Nothing.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]First, I was not aware that I was in the NSO's government. Last time I checked I was an RIA member in good standing. Also, for someone who decries that NSO at every opportunity you are awfully quick to use some of their precedents to justify your actions. Is that not a little hypocritical? Of course I should not be surprised. This is you after all.

But yes, you challenged AUT to a fight, or you accepted his challenge. I could care less. The point is you deliberately mislead him into thinking that this was a sanctioned duel or fight or whatever you want to call it. Then you get some of your friends in CSN to support you on this so that you could see his alliance get rolled and then laugh. Face it, you aren't the victim of anything here other than your own ego. Learn to keep it in check, because quite frankly next time I have a feeling it won't work out for you quite as well. Not that this ended well for you, but hey, it could have been worse. Right?[/color]

[quote name='The Warrior' date='04 April 2010 - 02:06 AM' timestamp='1270361170' post='2247336']
Good thing AUT is not paying reps. That would have been absurd. Penkala's goading of AUT to declare on him is his own damn fault and being a member of CSN's gov he should have known better. Dear Lord, why is Penklola in your government?
[/quote]

For the record, Penkala is not in government.

The Commonwealth government consists of seven members: Head of State, Deputy Head of State, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Defense, Director of Commerce, Director of Education and Director of Recruitment.

[quote]First, I was not aware that I was in the NSO's government. Last time I checked I was an RIA member in good standing[/quote]
It's quite clear what he is saying: during the episode where an NSO member did something similar to Penkala here (baited someone into attacking him in a 'joke war'), you were in NSO gov, and supported using it as an excuse for an alliance war. Where you are now is completely irrelevant.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='04 April 2010 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1270395158' post='2247538']
It's quite clear what he is saying: during the episode where an NSO member did something similar to Penkala here (baited someone into attacking him in a 'joke war'), you were in NSO gov, and supported using it as an excuse for an alliance war. Where you are now is completely irrelevant.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No, I was not in NSO government until a few months later. I only joined NSO after the incident with RAD. In fact, I joined them because they declared war on RAD. But my point remains, if he despises NSO and its methods, why does he then use those same justifications to justify his methods? It reeks of hypocrisy.[/color]

Penkala, I'm sure you did want to fight, but acting like you smashed the AUT in your sham of a duel needs to stopped. All this benevolence for granting white peace is garbage. Stop talking down to him and just reschedule. Hell, I'll even bet you 50 tech that the AUT breaks you.

I'm not sure I even want to know what this is about. Somehow I get the feeling it's going to mean a headache for me when I get back into Zenith's government HQ.

As it looks like Penkala doesn't want reps, so I hope that resolves things from that end.

I personally hope that this headache doesn't spread beyond TheAUT and Penkala. The other members of Carthage have done nothing to CSN. As one of Carthage's protectors, I will say that we do not endorse or condone TheAUT's actions and we look forward to working out an amicable solution that doesn't make it bigger than it needs to be.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' date='04 April 2010 - 11:06 AM' timestamp='1270397152' post='2247569']
I'm not sure I even want to know what this is about. Somehow I get the feeling it's going to mean a headache for me when I get back into Zenith's government HQ.

As it looks like Penkala doesn't want reps, so I hope that resolves things from that end.

I personally hope that this catastrophe doesn't spread beyond TheAUT and Penkala. The other members of Carthage have done nothing to CSN. As one of Carthage's protectors, I will say that we do not endorse or condone TheAUT's actions and we look forward to working out an amicable solution that doesn't make it bigger than it needs to be.
[/quote]

Don't worry DK. They were both being tards. Things are solved for the most part now, and if CSN wants to involve Carthage over it unnecessarily, then they can come and talk to us about it.

Edited by GearHead

[quote name='GearHead' date='04 April 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1270397708' post='2247575']
Don't worry DK. They were both being tards. Things are solved for the most part now, and if CSN wants to involve Carthage over it, then they will have to deal with us.
[/quote]
Thanks for the clarification. I walked in here and I'm like "This is what you do when I'm not in my office?!" <_<

Although, I admit that I personally would have enjoyed watching the duel, it would be fun to see those two actually fight it out instead of just jawing at each other.

[quote name='GearHead' date='04 April 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1270397708' post='2247575']
Don't worry DK. They were both being tards. Things are solved for the most part now, and if CSN wants to involve Carthage over it unnecessarily, then they can come and talk to us about it.
[/quote]
You should pay better attention. this matter was resolved about 10 minutes after it started

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='04 April 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1270394978' post='2247534']
For the record, Penkala is not in government.

The Commonwealth government consists of seven members: Head of State, Deputy Head of State, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Defense, Director of Commerce, Director of Education and Director of Recruitment.
[/quote]

Good to know. If he was, I'm sorry.

[quote name='Penkala' date='04 April 2010 - 11:03 AM' timestamp='1270393416' post='2247513']
I have never backed down from a fight before this week, during which I've backed down from two. Does it stand to reason that JUST MAYBE someone other than me is making these calls, especially given my history and blatant disregard for my nation? Or did that thought never cross your mind?
[/quote]

In which case, you would think you would learn. Unfortunately I'm not sure that's part of your mental capacity.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='04 April 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1270396806' post='2247564']
Penkala, I'm sure you did want to fight, but acting like you smashed the AUT in your sham of a duel needs to stopped. All this benevolence for granting white peace is garbage. Stop talking down to him and just reschedule. Hell, I'll even bet you 50 tech that the AUT breaks you.
[/quote]

Put me down for 50 on AUT, 4 days in to war.

This thread reminds me of my days as a young boy in the schoolyard watching two boys start fighting and then all their friends crowding round calling either side a big girl, trying to goad them on.

Good to see nothing has changed since then. Enjoy your little scuffle boys, play nice!

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='04 April 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1270409958' post='2247745']
This thread reminds me of my days as a young boy in the schoolyard watching two boys start fighting and then all their friends crowding round calling either side a big girl, trying to goad them on.

Good to see nothing has changed since then. Enjoy your little scuffle boys, play nice!
[/quote]
Not like it's entirely surprising, when you realize the vast majority of CN politics never rises above the level of playground culture anyway.

For all the pretensions of honor and loyalty and legality, far too much political interaction here just mirrors the usual high school level cliquishness, bullying, and one-upsmanship. With most tech raids being the equivalent of the little nerdy kid getting shoved into a locker.

[quote name='Näktergal' date='04 April 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1270413932' post='2247805']
Not like it's entirely surprising, when you realize the vast majority of CN politics never rises above the level of playground culture anyway.

For all the pretensions of honor and loyalty and legality, far too much political interaction here just mirrors the usual high school level cliquishness, bullying, and one-upsmanship. With most tech raids being the equivalent of the little nerdy kid getting shoved into a locker.
[/quote]

Makes me wonder why I haven't blown up my nation yet.

(oh wait, that's already been done)

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse