A Statement from the STA

Uhtred

[quote name='zoskia' date='03 February 2010 - 06:05 AM' timestamp='1265177125' post='2155638']
I hate this war.

The sides are so horrible... I wish they were completely different!

The NPO and the GPA will be happy after this war anyway.

good luck STA. we aren't mad at you. we can't!

STAy in touch! <<<--- what a lame joke! :awesome:

o/ STA
[/quote]

Why would we be happy? We know what its like to have two friends on the opposite sides of a divide :/

Good luck STA

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a pity that you have to make such a difficult decision.
I suppose it is difficult entering a war against the sides of NSO and NpO, given that NSO had covered your back during the first turn of the war.
Maybe MK should have not asked for your entrance or you should have declared neutrality, as it seems like your participation is overkill, but whatever. The treaty web is a mess and any decision would be justified.
Anyway this is a shine example of the idiocy of this war; hopefully all combatants will realize it and it will end soon with a blanket white peace :awesome:, but this is for the C&G to decide.

[quote name='King DrunkWino' date='03 February 2010 - 06:00 AM' timestamp='1265176852' post='2155606']
STA, you folks have such a good rep that you can end up changing sides in a war and have everyone give you props for it.
[/quote]

We don't believe in sides.

[quote name='Alterego' date='03 February 2010 - 06:25 AM' timestamp='1265178353' post='2155762']
Congratulations STA. You weighed up everything and went with the massively superior side (56m V 118m) in this war to fight against the people who had your back only a a week or so ago for the side you were fighting against. This will never be forgotten and regularly brought up in the future. I cant see it as anything other that picking the larger side, which is sad because I never expected an alliance like STA to do something like that.
[/quote]

Yeah, this was awesome. Unfortunately I came along too late and this has already been properly torn up.

[quote name='cookavich' date='03 February 2010 - 07:19 AM' timestamp='1265181581' post='2155976']
Stay safe, boys. We have your back no matter what... and I do mean no matter what.
[/quote]

And we have yours, no matter what. ;)

Edit: I almost forgot, I wanted to offer a hail to TOP for the respectful and understanding words that I have seen come from you guys here. It is good to see that such power is wielded by respectful and understanding folk.

Edited by HeinousOne

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='03 February 2010 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1265200997' post='2156328']
Requesting assistance from an ally? Do elaborate on what you are getting at here.

Also, many tanks STA, many tanks.
[/quote]
You are using the treaty you hold with STA in order to pull them away from the side they were previously engaged on. Really, this is no different from the attempt STA made to activate their NPO MADP in NoCB, except that STA are honourable enough that they'll allow themselves to be played this way.

I hear NpO is an ally of yours too, how's that assistance going for them?

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='03 February 2010 - 08:28 AM' timestamp='1265203703' post='2156372']
You are using the treaty you hold with STA in order to pull them away from the side they were previously engaged on. Really, this is no different from the attempt STA made to activate their NPO MADP in NoCB, except that STA are honourable enough that they'll allow themselves to be played this way.

I hear NpO is an ally of yours too, how's that assistance going for them?
[/quote]

Considering they aggressively started a war through a chain, I don't think they have any right to ask for help.

I hear MK is an ally of NpO and got attacked without actually even being involved, how's that assistance going?

[quote name='HeinousOne' date='03 February 2010 - 08:11 AM' timestamp='1265202661' post='2156352']
We don't believe in sides.
[/quote]
MK seemed to when they were complaining about NpO helping us on our front with GOD. Its a shame you guys would let MK elawyer you onto the other side while we're still fighting CSN, although I realize you guys are doing what you think right.

[quote name='Methrage' date='03 February 2010 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1265206452' post='2156439']
MK seemed to when they were complaining about NpO helping us on our front with GOD. Its a shame you guys would let MK elawyer you onto the other side while we're still fighting CSN, although I realize you guys are doing what you think right.
[/quote]

Asking someone to follow a treaty is called e-lawyering?

There are no sides to this war.

STA is supporting an ally that was attacked. Just as NSO supported an ally that was attacked.

The only people concerned about the "sides" in this conflict are those sitting in dark rooms making grand plans that conflict with the actual treaties that they signed. Anyone that complains of their not support the "NSO side" needs to realize a couple of things. 1. STA and NSO have no treaty ties. 2. The NSO is not fighting a crusade and neither is the STA. Both are fighting in defense of treated allies and that is the long and short of it.

[quote name='Methrage' date='03 February 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1265206452' post='2156439']
[/quote]

As I said, we don't believe in sides. No one E-lawyered anyone into anything. As far as I know a request was made per a treaty agreement that our leaders signed and our leaders make every effort possible to live up to their words of the past when they can. In this instance we can and we seem to be doing such. People will try to add on to that reality with their own little tidbits but personally, it isn't appreciated coming from those who not long ago came running to our aid without a treaty obligation. You make it seem like some of you might have expected us to have to owe you our servitude over our treaty obligations due to that very unselfish act of NSO.

We are simply following a treaty obligation, it has nothing to do with right and wrong. That is my take on it anyway.

[quote name='HeinousOne' date='03 February 2010 - 09:23 AM' timestamp='1265207037' post='2156461']
As I said, we don't believe in sides. No one E-lawyered anyone into anything. As far as I know a request was made per a treaty agreement that our leaders signed and our leaders make every effort possible to live up to their words of the past when they can. In this instance we can and we seem to be doing such. People will try to add on to that reality with their own little tidbits but personally, it isn't appreciated coming from those who not long ago came running to our aid without a treaty obligation. You make it seem like some of you might have expected us to have to owe you our servitude over our treaty obligations due to that very unselfish act of NSO.

We are simply following a treaty obligation, it has nothing to do with right and wrong. That is my take on it anyway.
[/quote]
His opinion is his own. It is not indicative of the NSO.