A Statement from the STA

Uhtred

[quote name='pezstar' date='03 February 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1265252045' post='2157777']
I know you'd never say it yourselves, but I will say it for you, because you deserve to have it said about you. NSO has acted perhaps the most honorably out of anyone in this affair. They declared only in defense of an ally, and they stayed in the war to defend an ally. They are more than willing to throw away every ounce of infra they have to defend their friends, even when some people on their own side of the war can't keep their negative comments about their alliance to themselves. NSO declared in defense of STA, an alliance they are not even allied to anymore, and for that we will forever be grateful, and we owe them a big one.

I get that a lot of folks don't like NSO. Let their actions speak louder than their words. They may say some things you don't like, but when it comes time to actually do something, their actions scream out that they are good, solid folks.
[/quote]
Thank you for the kind words Pezstar. I don't envy the position you were put in this war or think badly of you for making the decision you made. You did what you needed to do in order to honor your treaties, which is commendable. I still hold you guys in high regard.

I hear those at TOP are quite the fighters and like to have fun, so good luck and try to have fun as well. ;)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AirMe' date='03 February 2010 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1265246643' post='2157620']
Look at the work that Athens is currently making an attempt to do to prove they are not evil. [/quote]

Off topic, but what work?

Athens recently declared war, bringing a number of friends along, over a dubious five month old CB. Before that, they and FoB tech raided an alliance. The work they are doing seems to be aimed at proving that they *are* evil, as best I can tell.

[quote name='Baldr' date='03 February 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1265258764' post='2157986']
Off topic, but what work?

Athens recently declared war, bringing a number of friends along, over a dubious five month old CB. Before that, they and FoB tech raided an alliance. The work they are doing seems to be aimed at proving that they *are* evil, as best I can tell.
[/quote]
We try not to let facts get in the way of a good story here. ;)

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='03 February 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1265258267' post='2157947']
We are only still in this war because Fark decided they did not want peace with us and declared on IRON. We are at war with CSN because out of the two dozen or so alliances in this war the only alliance that could be bothered to come to the defense of STA was [b]one that was at the time already fighting a ten to one war and didn't even have a treaty with them.[/b]
[/quote]

Most reasonable people would assume this would be a prime reason to seek peace by any means possible once the matter between CSN & STA was white peaced out. Failure to extract yourself from the conflict, therefore, lies upon yourself, never mind if the failure was due to Sith pride or just forgetfulness.

Anyways, glad to see STA fighting the good fight ^^ /o STA

[quote name='Xerxes II' date='04 February 2010 - 12:33 AM' timestamp='1265261587' post='2158104']
Most reasonable people would assume this would be a prime reason to seek peace by any means possible once the matter between CSN & STA was white peaced out. Failure to extract yourself from the conflict, therefore, lies upon yourself, never mind if the failure was due to Sith pride or just forgetfulness.

[/quote]

They did seek peace for themselves.

[quote name='Xerxes II' date='04 February 2010 - 12:33 AM' timestamp='1265261587' post='2158104']

[/quote]
Umm, what?

[quote name='Xerxes II' date='04 February 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1265261587' post='2158104']
Failure to extract yourself from the conflict, therefore, lies upon yourself, never mind if the failure was due to Sith pride or just forgetfulness.
[/quote]
You're ignoring the fact the Fark refused to give us peace, but hey don't let me smack you out of your fantasy world.

[quote name='Griff' date='03 February 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1265262087' post='2158168']
You're ignoring the fact the Fark refused to give us peace, but hey don't let me smack you out of your fantasy world.
[/quote]

As Ivan said earlier...
[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='03 February 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1265258809' post='2157993']
We try not to let facts get in the way of a good story here. ;)
[/quote]

[/quote]

The world is truly a messed up place when a Jedi agrees too often with a Sith. Lucky for me Planet Bob is clearly in the bizzaro zone, so I don't feel bad about asking if a nuking in this war hasn't dislodged your brains a bit?

[quote name='King DrunkWino' date='04 February 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1265262264' post='2158183']
The world is truly a messed up place when a Jedi agrees too often with a Sith. Lucky for me Planet Bob is clearly in the bizzaro zone, so I don't feel bad about asking if a nuking in this war hasn't dislodged your brains a bit?
[/quote]

You'll notice I was talking about the CSN-NSO part.

[quote name='Xerxes II' date='04 February 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1265262841' post='2158257']
[/quote]

Their lack of peace there is part misunderstanding, part my fault for not following through, and part because CSN didn't want to peace out without FARK. That is not NSO's fault at all. It's all me, as I stated earlier in the thread.

[quote name='Xerxes II' date='04 February 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1265262841' post='2158257']
[/quote]
While I wasn't in charge of doing negotiations, I'm pretty sure someone did. Considering CSN's only war is with NSO now and we're only fighting you because we wanted to help STA, it seems pointless to keep the CSN-NSO war going.

[quote name='Cirrus' date='04 February 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1265263372' post='2158322']
My how the tables have turned since GW2.
[/quote]
Oh, we aren't crying about it. That was a statement of fact.

If you see me going on rampages about the injustice of the world and how the big guys can't do anything but keep the little guys down and I shed some tears over it then you might have the beginnings of a point, regardless of the fact that issues and circumstances from two plus years ago really have nothing to do with current Cyberverse reality.

But, do go on.

[quote name='Toraoji' date='04 February 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1265263738' post='2158348']
ever the bandwagoners. too much peztar influence over there. I liked it better when STA knew who their friends were.
[/quote]

We know exactly who our friends are. We are proud to count NSO amongst them.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='pezstar' date='03 February 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1265261628' post='2158109']
They did seek peace for themselves.
[/quote]
I spoke with Heft (I believe, logs are on my other computer) about it to some length prior to the redeclaration on Fark. I was under the impression that peace was a foregone conclusion at that point. I was wrong, and with the redeclaration, that peace offer was removed.

[quote name='Griff' date='03 February 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1265262087' post='2158168']
[/quote]
Please tell me where Fark refused to give you peace? They offered peace to you, so long as you agreed to not re-enter. Do not for one second claim that Fark hasn't offered peace. They just haven't offered you the peace that you would accept. Please do prove me wrong.

[quote name='Goose' date='04 February 2010 - 06:18 AM' timestamp='1265264289' post='2158382']

Please tell me where Fark refused to give you peace? They offered peace to you, so long as you agreed to not re-enter. Do not for one second claim that Fark hasn't offered peace. They just haven't offered you the peace that you would accept. Please do prove me wrong.
[/quote]
Giving us terms we clearly indicate are unacceptable to us, and offering a peace we can accept are two different things. One of which is making a token effort, and the other is a legitimate attempt to negotiate an end to the conflict.

Need I say more?

Fellow Siths and Commonwealthers,

we sure won't make each other change their minds, and our common Friend thread's may also not be the best place for that conversation. Furthermore, seeing that this argument was brought back to life by the despicable Dark Fisters, it might be better to be brought elsewhere.

And to our brothers in STA; Our unconditional support, and unswerving respect.

[quote name='Chron' date='04 February 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1265264532' post='2158393']
Giving us terms we clearly indicate are unacceptable to us, and offering a peace we can accept are two different things. One of which is making a token effort, and the other is a legitimate attempt to negotiate an end to the conflict.

Need I say more?
[/quote]

And just what was unacceptable? Certainly you can't be referring to the expectation that an enemy seeking an end to the war through peace accepting a term to not reenter the war? Because if that is the unacceptable term, I sincerely question your idea of "peace" and "unreasonable demands".

[quote name='Xerxes II' date='04 February 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1265265278' post='2158417']
And just what was unacceptable? Certainly you can't be referring to the expectation that an enemy seeking an end to the war through peace accepting a term to not reenter the war? Because if that is the unacceptable term, I sincerely question your idea of "peace" and "unreasonable demands".
[/quote]
First, peace is a lie.

Second, I spoke to Randomly and simply asked if he wished to keep fighting or have peace. He said that he didn't want to give us peace because he had concerns that we would re-enter. Fark declared on IRON after this exchange. So basically Fark wanted NSO to surrender and then felt that they were perfectly fine with doing what they expected us not to do under any circumstances. That isn't white peace. That is a term. If terms are given and accepted, regardless of what they are then the peace is unequal.

So, get over yourself. Fark has been told that NSO and Fark can have peace and I will do a "beer review" provided they do a health food recipe review as well. That of course assumes Fark also peaces out with IRON, whom they declared upon. So I don't believe you have much of a point at present. Fark declared on NSO and then declared on IRON. Fark can grant peace to both if they actually want it. If they don't, so be it.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

[quote name='Xerxes II' date='04 February 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1265265278' post='2158417']
[/quote]
If IRON's war with CnG is being considered by you guys the same war, then the peace you gave STA and others who fought alongside us was a lie. As their was no intention giving IRON or TOP peace. It was unacceptable for us to agree not to honor our treaty with IRON just so we could get peace.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='03 February 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1265258267' post='2157947']
You are one of the worst at spin. Let someone else do it. You fail.

The NSO is only in this war because FOK declared on Polar. Period. We are only still in this war because Fark decided they did not want peace with us and declared on IRON. We are at war with CSN because out of the two dozen or so alliances in this war the only alliance that could be bothered to come to the defense of STA was one that was at the time already fighting a ten to one war and didn't even have a treaty with them.

You can take your opinion and shove it up your $@!. That is all it is worth anyway.
[/quote]

I'm not the one spinning anything. It's an indisputable fact that POLAR fired the first shot, so they are the AGGRESSORS. You are SUPPORTING an aggressive action. Period. It's still standing by your ally, and that's still something I would do, even if my ally was the aggressor.

Please stop trying to rewrite history so soon, Ivan. None of us have forgotten the order of events yet.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='04 February 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1265317470' post='2159362']
I'm not the one spinning anything. It's an indisputable fact that POLAR fired the first shot, so they are the AGGRESSORS. You are SUPPORTING an aggressive action. Period. It's still standing by your ally, and that's still something I would do, even if my ally was the aggressor.

Please stop trying to rewrite history so soon, Ivan. None of us have forgotten the order of events yet.
[/quote]

Perhaps I misunderstood your initial comment (I don't think so but I will give you the benefit of a doubt this time). Based on the recent chain of events and the overriding commentary in this thread it would have been expected and logical for you to have been addressing my counter declaration on Fark in defense of IRON as the "support of an aggressive action". But, I will assume that you are illogical and were actually defaulting back to the initial Polar declaration even though that has been a moot point in these discussions for days now.