A Statement from the STA

Uhtred

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='03 February 2010 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1265207117' post='2156463']
His opinion is his own. It is not indicative of the NSO.
[/quote]

Fair enough, I shouldn't have taken such liberty with my words. I do have a great respect for NSO's actions towards us.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roadie' date='03 February 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1265206475' post='2156442']
Not at all unexpected and not at all a difficult decision. It was as easy choice and one most everyone saw coming the moment STA leaked the war plans from their own side of the war to CnG.
[/quote]
You may need to elaborate on this one, you've lost me.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='03 February 2010 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1265206881' post='2156453']
There are no sides to this war.

STA is supporting an ally that was attacked. Just as NSO supported an ally that was attacked.

The only people concerned about the "sides" in this conflict are those sitting in dark rooms making grand plans that conflict with the actual treaties that they signed. Anyone that complains of their not support the "NSO side" needs to realize a couple of things. 1. STA and NSO have no treaty ties. 2. The NSO is not fighting a crusade and neither is the STA. Both are fighting in defense of treated allies and that is the long and short of it.
[/quote]

This ^ exactly.

This http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ao8LX9Y0ZHL6dG1SVzhtSHg4S0p4NjdITEZ5eFF3c1E&hl=en by no means represents how this war is.

STA on the opposite side of Polar? NO. All these wars are separate. In some cases its 1 v 1, 2 v 1, 2 v 2, 3 v 2, 3 v 3, etc etc...

There are no sides like the World War II European theatre where The Allies made peace with The Axis. People looking at sides just want to see big bloated NS and nuke totals and feel better because of the "side" they are on. Everyone should look at each of their individual fronts and worry about those. Being on the bigger "side" is not going to necessarily bring you victory.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Fernando12' date='04 February 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1265208588' post='2156509']
This ^ exactly.

This [url="http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ao8LX9Y0ZHL6dG1SVzhtSHg4S0p4NjdITEZ5eFF3c1E&hl=en"]http://spreadsheets....Z5eFF3c1E&hl=en[/url] by no means represents how this war is.

STA on the opposite side of Polar? NO. All these wars are separate. In some cases its 1 v 1, 2 v 1, 2 v 2, 3 v 2, 3 v 3, etc etc...

There are no sides like the World War II European theatre where The Allies made peace with the Axis. People looking at sides just want to see big bloated NS and nuke totals and feel better because of the "side" they are on. Everyone should look at each of their individual fronts and worry about those. Being on the bigger "side" is not going to necessarily bring you victory.
[/quote]

To be fair, it seemed like there *were* sides when Polar vs. \m/ got the ball rolling. However, once TOP preëmptively attacked a bunch of nations that werent involved and the original combatants peaced out leaving them still fighting, your description appears to be accurate.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' date='03 February 2010 - 09:55 AM' timestamp='1265208903' post='2156513']
To be fair, it seemed like there *were* sides when Polar vs. \m/ got the ball rolling. However, once TOP preëmptively attacked a bunch of nations that werent involved and the original combatants peaced out leaving them still fighting, your description appears to be accurate.
[/quote]
Not everyone peaced out.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='03 February 2010 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1265210916' post='2156568']
Not everyone peaced out.
[/quote]

Not everyone peace out, but as you have stated people are fighting for their allies. There are several wars going on here. One "side" is not going to win over the other. Each set of wars will have its own victors.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='03 February 2010 - 07:31 AM' timestamp='1265200316' post='2156318']
That's a dirty trick by C&G.
[/quote]
You would have a valid point, if it weren't already stated that MK asked for assistance without any knowledge that NpO was planning on rejoining the other side.

[quote name='TheListener' date='02 February 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1265176297' post='2155484']
o/ STA

A truly tough Decision to make, and an understandable outcome, I will always hold STA in high regards.
[/quote]

I just wanted to echo this comment and add that it is an honor to battle alongside you.

[quote name='flak attack' date='03 February 2010 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1265212054' post='2156596']
You would have a valid point, if it weren't already stated that MK asked for assistance without any knowledge that NpO was planning on rejoining the other side.
[/quote]
That doesn't actually make any difference, since you're still pulling STA from the other side whether or not NpO rejoined (and since Grub said a couple of days ago in the TOP DoW thread that he would be doing what he could to help those alliances that had joined on his side, I'm not even sure I believe you). So thanks for admitting I have a valid point, I guess.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='03 February 2010 - 08:12 AM' timestamp='1265213539' post='2156643']
That doesn't actually make any difference, since you're still pulling STA from the other side whether or not NpO rejoined (and since Grub said a couple of days ago in the TOP DoW thread that he would be doing what he could to help those alliances that had joined on his side, I'm not even sure I believe you). So thanks for admitting I have a valid point, I guess.
[/quote]

So what you are saying is we should not activate treaties with defense clauses when MK was clearly attacked?

Since when did we move from "baww you wont follow your treaties!" to "bawww why are you following your treaties".

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='03 February 2010 - 11:12 AM' timestamp='1265213539' post='2156643']
[/quote]

You don't have a valid point, though. STA has been in constant contact with NpO throughout this war. At the time MK requested our assistance, NpO had not yet decided what they would be doing.

[quote name='Fupresti' date='03 February 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1265213940' post='2156659']
So what you are saying is we should not activate treaties with defense clauses when MK was clearly attacked?

Since when did we move from "baww you wont follow your treaties!" to "bawww why are you following your treaties".
[/quote]
To be honest TOP could activate Citadel and our MDPs against TJO which could lead to VE hitting our allies but we won't do that. We're better than try to elawyer our friends (not that I am saying it happened here, but that it would be case if we asked Citadel which we "broke" and allies to help us against TJO).

Reason we are not doing it because it would put them in an extremely bad situation, and we'd show no understanding for their position.

Edited by Saber

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='03 February 2010 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1265176838' post='2155602']
Hopefully one of these days folks are going realize, that no amount of fun blowing up stuff is worth the heartaches and headaches that this stupid war has caused.
[/quote]

Looks like \m/ has succeeded in ruining the game :awesome:

[quote name='Saber' date='03 February 2010 - 08:30 AM' timestamp='1265214635' post='2156671']
To be honest TOP could activate Citadel and our MDPs against TJO which could lead to VE hitting our allies but we won't do that. We're better than try to elawyer our friends (not that I am saying it happened here, but that it would be case if we asked Citadel which we "broke" and allies to help us against TJO).

Reason we are not doing it because it would put them in an extremely bad situation, and we'd show no understanding for their position.
[/quote]

Fair point. This war has blurred so many lines I can not even keep track.

[quote name='Saber' date='03 February 2010 - 04:30 PM' timestamp='1265214635' post='2156671']

[/quote]

Saber not wishing to knock you but given you broke lux to attack our OTP it would be a bit of a stretch to invoke it to request assistance relating to the reprecussions of that action.

[quote name='Litha Riddle' date='03 February 2010 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1265201049' post='2156330']
Why would we be happy? We know what its like to have two friends on the opposite sides of a divide :/

Good luck STA
[/quote]

I was joking with friends about the NPO and the GPA.
We said that this war is so ridiculous that everyone will end up pretty damaged and we'll end up seeing the charts showing the NPO and the GPA as the #1 and #2 Aliances... the two neutral menaces! :ehm:
(you know that it may happen!).
(It would also be kinda fun to see that the #1 Alliance is under surrender terms! :blink: )

Polaris knows what it's like to have friends on the opposite sides and the STA's new position makes our own position even a little bit more absurd than it was before.
Most of the Alliances I like are somehow in an absurd position... because this war is.

[quote name='Saber' date='03 February 2010 - 11:30 AM' timestamp='1265214635' post='2156671']

[/quote]

Kinda like Polar did to start with?

seen that they went so fast for a treaty with an entire bloc (STICKMEN) when you where going to go to war against them (many vangard members already stated in the declaration thread so clear that they knew your position but that they were going to join against your side) I wouldn´t have defended them now but its an understable and honorable position.
good luck and have fun :P

About Vanguard/MK requesting your help now after the STICKMEN move due to elaws ---> :gag::gag::gag::gag::gag:

[quote name='elpadrino' date='03 February 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1265217309' post='2156739']
seen that they went so fast for a treaty with an entire bloc (STICKMEN) when you where going to go to war against them (many vangard members already stated in the declaration thread so clear that they knew your position but that they were going to join against your side) I wouldn´t have defended them now but its an understable and honorable position.
good luck and have fun :P

About Vanguard/MK requesting your help now after the STICKMEN move due to elaws ---> :gag::gag::gag::gag::gag:
[/quote]
Vanguard and MK are not interchangable, and the treaties do not have provision for jumping ship when we feel slighted regardless.

[quote name='bzelger' date='03 February 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1265217557' post='2156746']
Vanguard and MK are not interchangable, and the treaties do not have provision for jumping ship when we feel slighted regardless.
[/quote]

They claim to be the more unified block out there... I doubt that they will positionate so clear so soon in a side without talking first to the others... if they did that the block probably had already choosed that side... the respect for the treaties on your part is great, I wouldn´t have done the same after that but theres nothing bad on it -_-