A Statement from the STA

Uhtred

I don’t come before you today to make a happy announcement. Last week the STA was fighting in defence of Polar as part of a greater coalition. We made it clear from the beginning that our involvement was limited to the defence of Polar and our other direct allies in that fight; we were not fighting for some greater victory on behalf of the coalition and as such when Polar declared peace our interests dissolved and our fronts quickly closed. This move was not completely lacking in remorse, however. A coalition had formed to defend and protect our closest allies and for that we will always be grateful. But without the direct cause of defending an ally we could not and would not stay in a coalition which pre-emptively struck our other allies in MK and Vanguard - especially as those attacks came at protest from ourselves.

Last night we were requested by MK to assist them against TOP’s aggression. I’ll be honest and state that I was hoping to avoid this as it feels like a pretty low blow against the rest of our former comrades-in-arms of last week to switch sides. But MK has our pledge to defend them from aggression and we are honour bound to assist regardless of the undesirable circumstances. The STA will always uphold its promises, no matter how uncomfortable it makes us.

To those who were prepared to defend the New Polar Order and ourselves last week, I apologise. We didn’t want to turn against you in this, regardless of past encounters, but our hand was forced. To our former comrades under the red star, I apologise in particular. We were unable to provide you with the support we had hoped.

To those who wish to point out that after the events of last night the STA and Polar are now on opposite sides; we are aware of this and are not happy about it but obligations insist it must be so. Let it be known that should Polar be in any difficulty we will be by her side. We’re getting tired of the two “sides” here anyway.

To TOP; we’ll keep this short, we have no interest in a prolonged presence in this war and the moment our involvement is no longer necessary our armies will depart the field. In the meantime, we’ll see you out there.

Uhtred,
Chancellor of the STA.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Earogema' date='02 February 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1265176204' post='2155457']
I somehow expected this, and I know this was probably a very hard call.

Let nobody doubt STA's honor.
[/quote]

Three mil says the complete opposite of this post is done by page 3.

[quote name='Uhtred' date='03 February 2010 - 05:48 AM' timestamp='1265176121' post='2155441']
Last night we were requested by MK to assist them against TOP’s aggression.
[/quote]

I'm not surprised. They need it.