A Statement from the STA

Uhtred

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='03 February 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1265176920' post='2155614']
People belittling us for needing help against TOP's upper tier are really just putting down all the work TOP has done to get that man cannon of a top heavy alliance. !@#$ sucks mang.

To STA: Thank you. Words cannot describe my gratitude.
[/quote]
No, they are not. They are belittling you, as you put it, because for quite a long time people have done nothing but call us infra huggers/cowards/ect... and that we would run at the sight of a real war or atleast surrender in less than a week. It's completely logical and necessary for you to call in allies but we just find it all hilarious because of the attitudes you all expressed for so long.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Uhtred' date='03 February 2010 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1265176121' post='2155441']
we are honour bound to assist regardless of the undesirable circumstances. The STA will always uphold its promises, no matter how uncomfortable it makes us.
[/quote]

I suspect that "uncomfortable" and "undesirable" are understatements in this instance.

Good luck STA, wherever these events take you.

Nevermind the sides of this war, or anyone's feelings on this war, this is impressive for it leaves no doubt that the STA stands by its word.

Those who question that don't know the STA.

o\ STA

[quote name='Willaim Kreiger' date='02 February 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1265176206' post='2155458']
Best of luck friends.
[/quote]

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='02 February 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1265176232' post='2155467']
o/ STA.

Be careful people.
[/quote]

[quote name='brokenhead' date='02 February 2010 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1265176350' post='2155496']
Best of luck, STA. We love you. :wub:
[/quote]

o\ NpO

[quote name='Alterego' date='02 February 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1265179371' post='2155857']
Any damage will reflect the greater than 2v1 ns advantage & greater than 2v1 nation advantage currently enjoyed by your side. You dont really need it but good luck anyway.
[/quote]

You do realize that even with us having the 2v1 NS advantage and 2v1 nation advantage that you claim we have, TOP still has a lot of tech and enough nukes to hurt any nation. There is nothing for us to gain by coming in on the "side with the advantage." There is only the destruction of our nations and the chance to help our ally.

I don't know that they will, but Polaris is facing a much darker road than MK, what if they request STA's assistance? Will you be fighting on both sides of the war? What if Polaris asks for MK's assistance? Will MK be joining the fight vs say, VE?

[quote name='lakerzz8' date='03 February 2010 - 06:57 AM' timestamp='1265180229' post='2155909']
You do realize that even with us having the 2v1 NS advantage and 2v1 nation advantage that you claim we have, TOP still has a lot of tech and enough nukes to hurt any nation. There is nothing for us to gain by coming in on the "side with the advantage." There is only the destruction of our nations and the chance to help our ally.
[/quote]
I fought TOP so I know the challenge, however besides C&G there are 8 alliances fighting TOP. Thats 15 alliances spreading the burden so its not as big a challenge(for STA) as you make it sound.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Vol Navy' date='02 February 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1265180608' post='2155924']
I don't know that they will, but Polaris is facing a much darker road than MK, what if they request STA's assistance? Will you be fighting on both sides of the war? What if Polaris asks for MK's assistance? Will MK be joining the fight vs say, VE?
[/quote]
You do realize NpO initiated a war against VE allies?

[quote name='lakerzz8' date='03 February 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1265180229' post='2155909']
[/quote]
You're better off aiming for intelligent conversation with a hamster.

STA... There is no amount of gratitude we as an alliance can show you. You have, time and again, proven yourselves to be the kind of allies I would die alongside any day. This position you are in can in no way be comfortable, and I thank you. I hope you come out of this war as safely as anyone in this situation can.

[quote name='Vol Navy' date='03 February 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1265180608' post='2155924']
[/quote]
If you read the treaties the differences will become evident. Our treaties are optional aggression and non-chaining. The attack on the Mushroom Kingdom without any treaty chain activated the mandatory defense clause. All other on-going conflicts are relegated to optional assistence per the treaty terms and thus this action takes precedence regardless of our feelings on the matter.

I cannot answer your hypotheticals as none of them will be my decision.

[quote name='Mundokiir' date='03 February 2010 - 02:06 AM' timestamp='1265180807' post='2155931']
You're better off aiming for intelligent conversation with a hamster.

STA... There is no amount of gratitude we as an alliance can show you. You have, time and again, proven yourselves to be the kind of allies I would die alongside any day. This position you are in can in no way be comfortable, and I thank you. I hope you come out of this war as safely as anyone in this situation can.
[/quote]

While we will take them, there are no thank yous necessary. We promised to defend you when we signed our names to a treaty. We are upholding that promise now, and we'd do it again. We are glad to call you friends.

[quote name='Alterego' date='02 February 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1265180761' post='2155928']
I fought TOP so I know the challenge, however besides C&G there are 8 alliances fighting TOP. Thats 15 alliances spreading the burden so its not as big a challenge(for STA) as you make it sound.
[/quote]

No matter how many other wars the target is engaged in, his nukes, CMs, and aircraft attacks still do serious damage. There is nothing to gain here. We won't have a higher tech total or more land after the war is over. I really don't see the point you're trying to make. Our allies requested our assistance. We're assisting them. What are you finding difficult to comprehend?

[quote name='bzelger' date='03 February 2010 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1265180902' post='2155938']
If you read the treaties the differences will become evident. Our treaties are optional aggression and non-chaining. The attack on the Mushroom Kingdom without any treaty chain activated the mandatory defense clause. All other on-going conflicts are relegated to optional assistence per the treaty terms and thus this action takes precedence regardless of our feelings on the matter.
[/quote]

I can appreciate the forethought that must have gone into those treaties. However, no matter how good your relationship with Mushroom Kingdom is, given the past and present STA/Polar relationship I cannot envy you the position you are in.

[quote name='BDRocks' date='03 February 2010 - 08:06 AM' timestamp='1265180798' post='2155930']
You do realize NpO initiated a war against VE allies?
[/quote]

I realize that MK is directly tied via MDoAP to Polaris and not directly tied to VE, or GOD. VE attacked Polaris and with the way these treaties usually roll, MK should be obligated to defend Polaris just as STA was obligated to defend MK.

This is what, the second time in a week that MK hasn't defended Polaris when they were attacked by someone not allied directly to MK.

Lots of name calling the last few wars when this type of defense wasn't immediate.

[quote name='Vol Navy' date='03 February 2010 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1265181415' post='2155966']
I realize that MK is directly tied via MDoAP to Polaris and not directly tied to VE, or GOD. VE attacked Polaris and with the way these treaties usually roll, MK should be obligated to defend Polaris just as STA was obligated to defend MK.

This is what, the second time in a week that MK hasn't defended Polaris when they were attacked by someone not allied directly to MK.

Lots of name calling the last few wars when this type of defense wasn't immediate.
[/quote]

The word you are missing is "non-chaining".

[quote name='Hob Dobson' date='03 February 2010 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1265181327' post='2155962']
I can appreciate the forethought that must have gone into those treaties. However, no matter how good your relationship with Mushroom Kingdom is, given the past and present STA/Polar relationship I cannot envy you the position you are in.
[/quote]
It's the worst thing I've encountered in my time here.

[quote name='Vol Navy' date='03 February 2010 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1265181415' post='2155966']

[/quote]
Non-chaining means non-chaining.

[quote name='lakerzz8' date='03 February 2010 - 02:09 AM' timestamp='1265180951' post='2155941']
No matter how many other wars the target is engaged in, his nukes, CMs, and aircraft attacks still do serious damage. There is nothing to gain here. We won't have a higher tech total or more land after the war is over. I really don't see the point you're trying to make. Our allies requested our assistance. We're assisting them. What are you finding difficult to comprehend?
[/quote]Methinks you're wasting your time with this one, but I have to get my two cents as well, so w00t for not taking my own advice. :P

Alterego, seriously, you're wrong. Get over it and stop trying to prove otherwise.

Edited by F15pilotX

I respect you STA for this decision. Not cause you are now on 'our' side but because you weighted everything and made a decision you guys could find yourself in.

To TOP, good luck you will need it against some of upper tier of STA. Damn, they sure do know how to fight. <_<

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='03 February 2010 - 02:25 AM' timestamp='1265181924' post='2155987']
I respect you STA for this decision. Not cause you are now on 'our' side but because you weighted everything and made a decision you guys could find yourself in.

To TOP, good luck you will need it against some of upper tier of STA. Damn, they sure do know how to fight. <_<
[/quote]
Theres a positive in all of this, Skippy gets nuked more!

also, obligatory:
/me mauls bzelger

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='wickedj' date='03 February 2010 - 05:28 PM' timestamp='1265182129' post='2155994']

also, obligatory:
/me mauls bzelger
[/quote]
I love the smell of casualties in the morning...

Outback Australia glows green again! o/

[quote name='wickedj' date='03 February 2010 - 07:28 AM' timestamp='1265182129' post='2155994']
[/quote]
A more valid justification for all this I could not find.