A Statement from the STA

Uhtred

[quote name='elpadrino' date='03 February 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1265178149' post='2155744']
so we are at war with CSN defending you and you get peace with them and declare vs our side :gag:
staying out would have being understable (I won´t leave a war if someone joinds to defend me and is not given peace too ...) but this ...
Also I never thought that I would see you fighting against polaris
[/quote]

They aren't in the field across from Polaris. This war isn't one big action anymore, it's a convoluted series of separate wars that some strange way sprung up from one source.

I'd be disappointed in the Sith if they weren't dancing merrily right now. After all, peace is a lie, no?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations STA. You weighed up everything and went with the massively superior side (56m V 118m) in this war to fight against the people who had your back only a a week or so ago for the side you were fighting against. This will never be forgotten and regularly brought up in the future. I cant see it as anything other that picking the larger side, which is sad because I never expected an alliance like STA to do something like that.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='pezstar' date='03 February 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1265177357' post='2155667']
It was 630pm when MK requested our assistance. Polar hadn't made their decision yet. You can believe whatever you choose to believe. I was there, in the conversation with MK, as well as in about 50 different conversations with Polaris over the course of the last few days. But, you know. I'm sure you, a completely uninvolved third party knows what you are talking about more than I do here.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I am more than certain that MK knew what Polar was discussing. Things like that have a way of leaking out. Besides, you know the truth, I know the truth, we all know the truth. Unfortunately now is not the time for that truth to be spoken. Perhaps another day.[/color]

[quote name='Alterego' date='03 February 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1265178353' post='2155762']
Congratulations STA. You weighed up everything and went with the massively superior side (56m V 118m) in this war to fight against the people who had your back only a a week or so ago. This will never be forgotten and regularly brought up in the future. I cant see it as anything other that picking the larger side, which is sad because I never expected an alliance like STA to do something like that.
[/quote]

If this is what you believe, then you know nothing about STA. I would therefore like to congratulate you for being one of the many people who make comments about things they know nothing about in an attempt to be relevant. Congratulations!

[quote name='Alterego' date='03 February 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1265178353' post='2155762']
Congratulations STA. You weighed up everything and went with the massively superior side (56m V 118m) in this war to fight against the people who had your back only a a week or so ago for the side you were fighting against. This will never be forgotten and regularly brought up in the future. I cant see it as anything other that picking the larger side, which is sad because I never expected an alliance like STA to do something like that.
[/quote]

You're three pages too late. Sargun will (should?) be forking over his three million. :)

[quote name='Alterego' date='03 February 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1265178353' post='2155762']
[/quote]
You're right, STA are in the wrong. I am sure there is a clause in their treaty with MK that absolves them of all obligations should MK find itself on the larger side of a war :v:

Edited by savethecheerleader

[quote name='King DrunkWino' date='03 February 2010 - 06:25 AM' timestamp='1265178349' post='2155761']
They aren't in the field across from Polaris. This war isn't one big action anymore, it's a convoluted series of separate wars that some strange way sprung up from one source.

I'd be disappointed in the Sith if they weren't dancing merrily right now. After all, peace is a lie, no?
[/quote]

I like the STA and I understand their position, also good luck to them, but SuperGrievances is just one side right now and if you declare on TOP you are leaving SuperGrievances forces free to come to fight the other one (polar-NSO etc...)

[quote name='elpadrino' date='03 February 2010 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1265178758' post='2155802']
I like the STA and I understand their position, also good luck to them, but SuperGrievances is just one side right now and if you declare on TOP you are leaving SuperGrievances forces free to come to fight the other one (polar-NSO etc...)
[/quote]

Not really when you look at how the wars are rolling. You've got the SF/(part of the former) Frostbite shindig, then you've got the CnG/TOP and pals supershow.

There's probably another one or two going, but let's be honest. There ain't nobody that can keep track of all this going on right now.

[quote name='savethecheerleader' date='02 February 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1265178712' post='2155798']
You're right, STA are in the wrong. I am sure there is a clause in their treaty with MK that absolves them of all obligations should MK find itself on the larger side of the war :v:
[/quote]

New Treaty clauses presented in this war:
1) each signatory shall not attack each other, each others' allies, or their allies' allies.
2) should a signatory be sided with the larger side of the war, negate any/all obligations

I weep for the future alliances on Bob who'll end up writing 3-4 page treaties >_<

[quote]I’ll be honest and state that I was hoping to avoid this as it feels like a pretty low blow against the rest of our former comrades-in-arms of last week to switch sides. [/quote]

Switching sides to be on the winners side has a long tradition.

Good luck with that.

Edited by Baldr

[/quote]

Do you think re-engaging was an easier thing to do than sitting out entirely? We've now put our nations in harms way to defend allies on both 'sides' of the conflict. This simple notion of 'sides' really doesn't factor into our equation.

Edited by Daverice

[quote name='pezstar' date='03 February 2010 - 01:27 AM' timestamp='1265178460' post='2155774']
If this is what you believe, then you know nothing about STA. I would therefore like to congratulate you for being one of the many people who make comments about things they know nothing about in an attempt to be relevant. Congratulations!
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]That is correct. STA has never shied away from the receiving end of a beat down, and you got history on your side there. Like I said, I cannot fault you for this rather obvious move on MK's part.[/color]

[quote name='elpadrino' date='03 February 2010 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1265178149' post='2155744']
so we are at war with CSN defending you and you get peace with them and declare vs our side :gag:
staying out would have being understable (I won´t leave a war if someone joins to defend me and is not given peace too ...) but this ...
Also I never thought that I would see you fighting against polaris
[/quote]
We were under the impression that CSN had offered you a white peace. Regardless, your declaration in defence of us was a cause for many in the alliance to advocate coming to your aid and had it not been for a treaty on the other side being activated this announcement would likely be about us coming back for you. We will never be happy about leaving friends behind and this will always be a decision we regret having to have made.

Alterego, you'll find that we've already elaborated on your argument in our declaration. I thought I made it quite clear but if you find any part confusing I am sure I could assist you in coming to a better understanding.

Edited by Uhtred

This is truely a sad day. :(

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='03 February 2010 - 05:55 AM' timestamp='1265176537' post='2155536']
Polaris and MK still hold a treaty. While it may be overlooked during this war, don't discount it :)
[/quote]
So you keep saying.

[quote name='Uhtred' date='03 February 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1265179155' post='2155835']
We were under the impression that CSN had offered you a white peace. Regardless, your declaration in defence of us was a cause for many in the alliance to advocate coming to your aid and had it not been for a treaty on the other side being activated this announcement would likely be about us coming back for you. We will never be happy about leaving friends behind and this will always be a decision we regret having to have made.

Alterego, you'll find that we've already elaborated on your argument in our declaration. I thought I made it quite clear but if you find any part confusing I am sure I could assist you in coming to a better understanding.
[/quote]

Yes. This. That I didn't re-verify that is entirely my fault, and an oversight, albeit a HUGE one. This is not STA's fault, and I am the one who is in charge of verifying these things, and I am the one who said we were in the clear.

[quote name='Daverice' date='03 February 2010 - 06:38 AM' timestamp='1265179102' post='2155827']
Do you think re-engaging was an easier thing to do than sitting out entirely? We've now put our nations in harms way to defend allies on both 'sides' of the conflict. This simple notion of 'sides' really doesn't factor into our equation.
[/quote]
Any damage will reflect the greater than 2v1 ns advantage & greater than 2v1 nation advantage currently enjoyed by your side. You dont really need it but good luck anyway.

I think people forget how you jumped into the fire with both us and your allies in Polar during the noCB War. We in the Kingdom remember your distaste for pixels. No better time to shed them than to defend your allies from an unsupported and unprovoked attack, neh? :v:

Once again, we in the Kingdom are eternally grateful for your support, both militarily and in spirit. To most in the Kingdom, you rank amongst our best allies, and it is your selflessness on the field of combat and your honor which never falters which gives these people a strong argument.

May we be able to help and protect you in the future, and repay our debts to you (or, rather, may we never have to help each other ever again).

Za Sibir'!

Edited by Supertwigs