The Coincidence Coalition

You think white peace is fair after suckerpunching and then dogpiling on TPF? Now you will share their suffering.

I think white peace is fair, considering that whichever side loses will likely have to pay ridiculous amounts in reparations to those who win.

Edited by Lord of Destruction

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even Zenith stated it was TPF who rejected it. not Athens/CO.......

as for war, i am down for it. always have been.

So? Any idea how much damage TPF has sustained? Athens declared on TPF before even talking to them, TPF at least had the courtesty of outright rejecting them.

I respect you, Doch. But honestly, we all knew what the result ultimately would be. The side stuff is just an attempt to grab some PR before heading into the biggest Great War CN has ever seen. I wish you all a good fight, heaven knows this planet needs it.

And to the GPA, I know you're update blitzing WTF and TDO don't hide it I can see it!

even Zenith stated it was TPF who rejected it. not Athens/CO.......

as for war, i am down for it. always have been.

No, not what I said. I said that TPF had told us peace talks were not working out and that they had ended, not that they rejected them. I was not involved in peace talks and do not know what went down.

Edited by Sulmar

So? Any idea how much damage TPF has sustained? Athens declared on TPF before even talking to them, TPF at least had the courtesty of outright rejecting them.

I respect you, Doch. But honestly, we all knew what the result ultimately would be. The side stuff is just an attempt to grab some PR before heading into the biggest Great War CN has ever seen. I wish you all a good fight, heaven knows this planet needs it.

And to the GPA, I know you're update blitzing WTF and TDO don't hide it I can see it!

AUT- i knew it was coming to war sooner or later. i am gonna have a blast. i am just stating a fact, that the so-called Coincidence Coalition is full of a bunch of hypocrites who hold others to standards they seemingly refuse to hold for themselves.

sorry, but if ya'll ain't gonna hold yourselves to those standards, ya'll should not have been preaching it for days now.

also have fun AUT. sad to see you on the other side.

Wait. You stopped this many alliances from upholding their treaties for one guy? One guy? I don't know LM that well, but can he walk on water or something? Seriously just hit peace mode for a few days.

I'm calling shenanigans unless LM is the only person that is capable of preparing TOP for war, and even that would be pretty embarrassing.

LM's request was a reasonable one, for his image wound up representing those nation leaders who were unable to lead their people to war.

OOC: I am sure you are aware that a lot of people go poof around New Year's day...?

LM's request was a reasonable one, for his image wound up representing those nation leaders who were unable to lead their people to war.

OOC: I am sure you are aware that a lot of people go poof around New Year's day...?

TPF wasn't attacked on New Year's Day, or New Year's Eve for that matter. ;)

AUT- i knew it was coming to war sooner or later. i am gonna have a blast. i am just stating a fact, that the so-called Coincidence Coalition is full of a bunch of hypocrites who hold others to standards they seemingly refuse to hold for themselves.

sorry, but if ya'll ain't gonna hold yourselves to those standards, ya'll should not have been preaching it for days now.

also have fun AUT. sad to see you on the other side.

Yeah white peace with an admission of guilt. But the TPF side feels that TPF has done nothing wrong since they surrendered and rejected the terms. Your point?

I'm not entirely sure what rational you could use to justify white peace after this fiasco. I mean, unless you reached into the dark days of CN wherein white peace was offered with an add on "Or we could just continue to grind you into the ground...your choice".

No, instead they amassed all of this political power just to hit 20 something nations. Woo. Peace was on the table and quickly rejected because there was a shiny list of alliances who wanted to DoW with their pretty flags. I wasn't in the discussions for peace but if Athens and co were willing to call this fiasco to an end, and all of these alliances gathered to support TPF (impressively, I must add), then this Coalition had the power and the opportunity to stop this ridiculously stupid war.

If we had truly learnt anything from those dark days of CN, then they would have taken that opportunity. If the only argument is "well Athens didn't use diplomacy when they first attacked", then it's a failure of the Coalition to be the bigger man and use the diplomacy that their opposition could not. That's nothing to be proud of.

So let's call this for what it truly is, dispense with all the !@#$%^&* semantics and just conclude that everyone wanted a war, so they got one. *shrug*

wait wha? Athens and Co were defending Athens from an aggressive action by TPF. even after that, TPF was offered white peace. i have no clue what you are even getting at..... if all those on the opposite side truly felt diplomacy and the non-escalation of this war was the way to go, then they failed horribly when TPF rejected white peace in order to escalate this war.

but like i said before i am down for war. at least i won't be bored while on break.

You presume that TPF believed they took an aggressive action, as has been discussed over and over. I'm sure in the noCB War white peace would not have been acceptable to those alliances who felt they were unjustly attacked, thus one side had to come out dominant.

If you really want to talk about diplomacy, and not the presentation of white peace to save face and avoid a larger war, you should inquire why this entire issue was resolved without the declaration of war on TPF.

No, instead they amassed all of this political power just to hit 20 something nations. Woo. Peace was on the table and quickly rejected because there was a shiny list of alliances who wanted to DoW with their pretty flags. I wasn't in the discussions for peace but if Athens and co were willing to call this fiasco to an end, and all of these alliances gathered to support TPF (impressively, I must add), then this Coalition had the power and the opportunity to stop this ridiculously stupid war.

If we had truly learnt anything from those dark days of CN, then they would have taken that opportunity. If the only argument is "well Athens didn't use diplomacy when they first attacked", then it's a failure of the Coalition to be the bigger man and use the diplomacy that their opposition could not. That's nothing to be proud of.

So let's call this for what it truly is, dispense with all the !@#$%^&* semantics and just conclude that everyone wanted a war, so they got one. *shrug*

Ding, ding, ding..... we have a winner.

One thing that hasn't changed since the "dark days of CN" is that everyone wants a war (when they assume they will win the war)

And yet NO ONE declared on RoK. What? Strategy? Oh sure sure.

-omfg

ohnoez wez afraid of teh big bad Polar bears. if you wanted to avoid Polar you shouldve JUST hit Athens....has anyone kept track of the number of fails this "Coalition" has comitted thus far? fairly certian we're in double digits

TPF wasn't attacked on New Year's Day, or New Year's Eve for that matter. ;)

OOC: "Around" New Year's Day, which would obviously include one or two days prior to the event.

>Athens declares war on the 27th; earliest dates for counter attack are either 28th or 29th

What if...

>Counter attack comes on the 29th

>A day later some people go missing, the following one even more go missing

>???

>Not profitable

so let me get this straight. ya'll !@#$%*, whine, and moan about no diplomacy being used but when it happens you DoW? to top that off, TPF rejects white peace while none of their allies use diplomacy to resolve this situation and in fact reject it completely in order to launch attacks?

heh. hypocrisy continues unabated it seems.

it seems ya'll never wanted diplomacy at all as can be seen by TPF rejecting a white peace. congrats on coming over to the dark side.

How's that hangover?

Besides, they had plenty of time to offer peace, all the comments from Athens and her allies made it perfectly clear that they wanted only war. This "oh we were offering white peace" just before retaliation started is nothing but a coward's ploy to escape their crimes. It's despicable that they even tried to pull this.

You presume that TPF believed they took an aggressive action, as has been discussed over and over. I'm sure in the noCB War white peace would not have been acceptable to those alliances who felt they were unjustly attacked, thus one side had to come out dominant.

If you really want to talk about diplomacy, and not the presentation of white peace to save face and avoid a larger war, you should inquire why this entire issue was resolved without the declaration of war on TPF.

Er, what? I'm sure almost ALL alliances in NoCB would have rather gotten white peace compared to the terms they got.

Vox didn't even get any terms itself.

How's that hangover?

Besides, they had plenty of time to offer peace, all the comments from Athens and her allies made it perfectly clear that they wanted only war. This "oh we were offering white peace" just before retaliation started is nothing but a coward's ploy to escape their crimes. It's despicable that they even tried to pull this.

You're kidding right?

The terms werent just white peace(which in itself is ridiculous considering that TPF's side of the war believes the cb is bs) but also an admission of guilt. Now diplomacy can be done while both sides are losing pixels rather than TPF alone. seems only fair.

Er, what? I'm sure almost ALL alliances in NoCB would have rather gotten white peace compared to the terms they got.

Vox didn't even get any terms itself.

Barely one war cycle into the war? I highly doubt it. It was a silly question to ask, though, because of course it would do them good to claim now that they would have wanted white peace after 6 or 7 days. Darn.

OOC: "Around" New Year's Day, which would obviously include one or two days prior to the event.

>Athens declares war on the 27th; earliest dates for counter attack are either 28th or 29th

What if...

>Counter attack comes on the 29th

>A day later some people go missing, the following one even more go missing

>???

>Not profitable

The OP says that the coalition put their declarations on hold (even though they really wanted to! :rolleyes: ) because of LiquidMercury. Just LiquidMercury. Now I could understand the strategy of waiting until people are back from the holidays to attack, but when you say that an entire coalition of people who wanted to come to TPF's defense let them be beaten to a pulp because of one guy, I'm calling shenanigans.

If you're going to try to spin the delay, say it was purely strategic.