The Coincidence Coalition

How's that hangover?

Besides, they had plenty of time to offer peace, all the comments from Athens and her allies made it perfectly clear that they wanted only war. This "oh we were offering white peace" just before retaliation started is nothing but a coward's ploy to escape their crimes. It's despicable that they even tried to pull this.

I actually don't disagree that it was very timely of Athens to want to discuss peace, but that's what amassing a coalition was supposed to do, isn't it? You can't pull a gun on a man who is only holding a knife and not expect him to expel some urine. But that doesn't excuse the Coalition from not taking the ready peace offer. Not at all.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're kidding right?

Did it sound like I was kidding? I would have preferred white peace, and still do now. But I'm only one person, I couldn't stop Athens and I can't stop the resulting chaos, though Great Admin I tried on both counts.

Athens unleashed the war machine, they knew when the DoWs would start and now they have tried to escape with their tails between their legs before it came.

Well, too late. Once justice has been done, peace may be found.

Until then:

Woe be upon their heads.

No, instead they amassed all of this political power just to hit 20 something nations. Woo. Peace was on the table and quickly rejected because there was a shiny list of alliances who wanted to DoW with their pretty flags. I wasn't in the discussions for peace but if Athens and co were willing to call this fiasco to an end, and all of these alliances gathered to support TPF (impressively, I must add), then this Coalition had the power and the opportunity to stop this ridiculously stupid war.

If we had truly learnt anything from those dark days of CN, then they would have taken that opportunity. If the only argument is "well Athens didn't use diplomacy when they first attacked", then it's a failure of the Coalition to be the bigger man and use the diplomacy that their opposition could not. That's nothing to be proud of.

So let's call this for what it truly is, dispense with all the !@#$%^&* semantics and just conclude that everyone wanted a war, so they got one. *shrug*

I think the rationalization is that the war is undeserved in the first place and that Athens et al cannot be allowed to get away clean.

Then again, I'm not privy to the councils of war, so I don't know what happened.

The OP says that the coalition put their declarations on hold (even though they really wanted to! :rolleyes: ) because of LiquidMercury. Just LiquidMercury. Now I could understand the strategy of waiting until people are back from the holidays to attack, but when you say that an entire coalition of people who wanted to come to TPF's defense let them be beaten to a pulp because of one guy, I'm calling shenanigans.

If you're going to try to spin the delay, say it was purely strategic.

I think it's rather insensitive for you to say that, to be honest. While the reason being cited may rest on LM's shoulders, I doubt anyone would think it reasonable to declare a war in the time table provided. Not everyone has nation rulers like those aligned against TPF, some of us would prefer to be sociable, celebrate, reflect, and plan around the holidays.

The terms werent just white peace(which in itself is ridiculous considering that TPF's side of the war believes the cb is bs) but also an admission of guilt. Now diplomacy can be done while both sides are losing pixels rather than TPF alone. seems only fair.

You're wrong. There was no "admission to guilt" if I recall correctly.

The terms werent just white peace(which in itself is ridiculous considering that TPF's side of the war believes the cb is bs) but also an admission of guilt. Now diplomacy can be done while both sides are losing pixels rather than TPF alone. seems only fair.

As I said, I wasn't involved so I don't know all the details. If an admission of guilt was part of the terms then someone needs to explain to them what "white peace" means. But I don't doubt this Coalition's ability to remove such a term if they really wanted to negotiate rather than go to war.

You're wrong. There was no "admission to guilt" if I recall correctly.

Even without it, TPF wouldn't be worth their salt if they didn't ask for reparations from Athens & Co. Remember, many still believe the cause of this war does not hold much water. While I know you understand this I say it for the rest on here: It's all about perspective.

No, instead they amassed all of this political power just to hit 20 something nations. Woo. Peace was on the table and quickly rejected because there was a shiny list of alliances who wanted to DoW with their pretty flags. I wasn't in the discussions for peace but if Athens and co were willing to call this fiasco to an end, and all of these alliances gathered to support TPF (impressively, I must add), then this Coalition had the power and the opportunity to stop this ridiculously stupid war.

If we had truly learnt anything from those dark days of CN, then they would have taken that opportunity. If the only argument is "well Athens didn't use diplomacy when they first attacked", then it's a failure of the Coalition to be the bigger man and use the diplomacy that their opposition could not. That's nothing to be proud of.

So let's call this for what it truly is, dispense with all the !@#$%^&* semantics and just conclude that everyone wanted a war, so they got one. *shrug*

I thought the day would never come when I would agree publicly with WCR, but alas, it has. The opportunity to take a superior moral stance was presented and shamefully squandered. One can only assume this was because that which was proffered, peace, was never actually desired by those to whom the admittedly long overdue olive branch was extended.

Edited by Nolissar

Exactly.

The Empire Strikes Back.

This is a dangerous time for the cyberverse.

You are in for a surprise.

Er, what? I'm sure almost ALL alliances in NoCB would have rather gotten white peace compared to the terms they got.

Vox didn't even get any terms itself.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=77461

The op states that Athens and co demanded a white peace and admission of guilt.

OOC: The delay of entrance on behalf of TPF by it's allies is directly due to me. I take all responsibility. I asked for time due to a RL issue (one I have explained personally to Londo), and out of respect for me TPF agreed to be hit and take damage and allies who wanted to go in immediately chose to wait. I thank them greatly. I ask that the campaign against TPF's direct allies waiting to go in being used as a PR tool cease. If you lambast anyone, you may lambast me, I take full responsibility for the delay. I apologize to CN, to TPF, and to those that wanted a quicker response. To those that respected my wishes (TPF and it's allies) I thank you. To those that respect my wishes in the future (any that cease that individual PR attack) I thank you. Any and all other PR tactics I heartily encourage as they are a apart of the game and fun, but the delay was as I have said, because of me. I'm sorry.

Well that clears up a lot of questions. Thanks for the explanation :)

I thought the day would never come when I would agree publicly with WCR, but alas, it has. The opportunity to take a superior moral stance was presented and shamefully squandered one can only assume because that which was proffered, peace, was never actually desired by those to whom the admittedly long overdue olive branch was extended.

So TPF should be expected to be hit by 4 alliances unjustly and just shake hands and walk away?

Barely one war cycle into the war? I highly doubt it. It was a silly question to ask, though, because of course it would do them good to claim now that they would have wanted white peace after 6 or 7 days. Darn.

Yeah, I sure would have loved white peace at that time, considering the damage that was done to many alliances over nothing.

Staying in that war was a victory for nobody on the friends > infra side. I'm sure all of them will attest to that.

Did it sound like I was kidding? I would have preferred white peace, and still do now. But I'm only one person, I couldn't stop Athens and I can't stop the resulting chaos, though Great Admin I tried on both counts.

Athens unleashed the war machine, they knew when the DoWs would start and now they have tried to escape with their tails between their legs before it came.

Well, too late. Once justice has been done, peace may be found.

Until then:

Woe be upon their heads.

Alright, whatever you say.

Even without it, TPF wouldn't be worth their salt if they didn't ask for reparations from Athens & Co. Remember, many still believe the cause of this war does not hold much water. While I know you understand this I say it for the rest on here: It's all about perspective.

Yes, it wouldn't make any sense if TPF didn't ask for reparations while being totally stomped by people who do think that this CB is valid.

<_<

And, according to the quote which Doitzel keeps posting that I cannot be bothered to find and quote right now, the mhawk of Christmas Past thinks this CB is perfectly acceptable.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=77461

The op states that Athens and co demanded a white peace and admission of guilt.

The information there was out of date my friend, but nice try.

Nothing said "admission of guilt." Nothing.

EDIT: Nothing in the more recent sources. The source that isn't IRON and thus probably not as biased.

Edited by Earogema

[21:21] <Desperado`> Its pretty simple: White peace, thats it.

Not when it was requested, Nizzle.

Yes, it wouldn't make any sense if TPF didn't ask for reparations while being totally stomped by people who do think that this CB is valid.

<_<

And, according to the quote which Doitzel keeps posting that I cannot be bothered to find and quote right now, the mhawk of Christmas Past thinks this CB is perfectly acceptable.

I've got a few of 'em.

[00:25] <mhawk> ok lets talk about the dozens of spies sent to tpf

[00:26] <mhawk> as an enemy you have not shown one ounce of dignity or decency

[00:26] <mhawk> what was that part of?

[00:28] <mhawk> I'm asking why hit pieces, ridicule, spying, were started by an offensive war you started, warrant white peace

[00:33] <mhawk> now there is a very good chance pc wont peace us out and try to fan or vox us

[00:33] <mhawk> but by god we wont be [censored] about it

Edited by Elyat