The Coincidence Coalition

Yes, it wouldn't make any sense if TPF didn't ask for reparations while being totally stomped by people who do think that this CB is valid.

<_<

And, according to the quote which Doitzel keeps posting that I cannot be bothered to find and quote right now, the mhawk of Christmas Past thinks this CB is perfectly acceptable.

Listen, it's quite obvious that you can't step outside of the side you have taken to observe all of the pieces independantly...so there isn't really much of a point in you and I discussing this.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, instead they amassed all of this political power just to hit 20 something nations. Woo. Peace was on the table and quickly rejected because there was a shiny list of alliances who wanted to DoW with their pretty flags. I wasn't in the discussions for peace but if Athens and co were willing to call this fiasco to an end, and all of these alliances gathered to support TPF (impressively, I must add), then this Coalition had the power and the opportunity to stop this ridiculously stupid war.

If we had truly learnt anything from those dark days of CN, then they would have taken that opportunity. If the only argument is "well Athens didn't use diplomacy when they first attacked", then it's a failure of the Coalition to be the bigger man and use the diplomacy that their opposition could not. That's nothing to be proud of.

So let's call this for what it truly is, dispense with all the !@#$%^&* semantics and just conclude that everyone wanted a war, so they got one. *shrug*

If my nation had something called facebook I would become a fan of this speech.

[21:21] <Desperado`> Its pretty simple: White peace, thats it.

Not when it was requested, Nizzle.

I'm unsure of the context you are using. Is that from the peace talks? Is it TPF saying it? Athens?

I've got a few of 'em.

[00:25] <mhawk> ok lets talk about the dozens of spies sent to tpf

[00:26] <mhawk> as an enemy you have not shown one ounce of dignity or decency

[00:26] <mhawk> what was that part of?

[00:28] <mhawk> I'm asking why hit pieces, ridicule, spying, were started by an offensive war you started, warrant white peace

[00:33] <mhawk> now there is a very good chance pc wont peace us out and try to fan or vox us

[00:33] <mhawk> but by god we wont be [censored] about it

Not that I can make sense of his interesting...word groupings...but the context of those quotes are?

Thanks for proving why it was a silly question for me to ask.

I'm still not seeing you point.

The longer this war goes, the more damage occurs.

Basically: TPF's allies just think they can win. That's the only reason TPF didn't except peace and we know it. Not some "I have honor," or "This is a disgrace" but just wanting to win.

It doesn't matter if peace is for one cycle or two. I fought MANY cycles over basically nothing and I'd have accepted white peace during day 1.

Alright, whatever you say.

And say it I do. Had I known about the complete white peace offer, I would have recommended that they take it. I don't think what happened to TPF was fair, but I think that what ever damage was done to them could be repaired after some time.

It was a clever move by Athens to offer peace, since it was a win-win for their PR. For the time being. Where was the use of diplomacy before? What about all the call outs and faux outrage since their DoW. It's just a trick. If it was not accepted, then everyone could run around flailing their arms saying: "Oh, you didn't take the peace offer, ooohh". Just like what's happening. And if it was, they'd get a free pass at stomping an alliance without repercussions.

It was clever, but it doesn't make it stink any less than the BS it is.

Basically: TPF's allies just think they can win. That's the only reason TPF didn't except peace and we know it. Not some "I have honor," or "This is a disgrace" but just wanting to win.

It doesn't matter if peace is for one cycle or two. I fought MANY cycles over basically nothing and I'd have accepted white peace during day 1.

That may well be one reason TPF didn't accept white peace, but I am sure it was not the only one. Regardless of your inability to understand it, an alliance with a history such as TPF's wouldn't simply accept blame for a war initiated based on actions during a previous war.

Vox-TPF peace negotiations wherein he condescended that we did not 'deserve' white peace because we spied on them.

Ah. Thanks. Well now we head into what many would see as an apples and oranges situation.

Desperado is TPF.

Alrighty. So TPF requested white peace.

I'm not sure you understand. People are pissed because they don't agree with the lack of negotiations before declarations, the old CB, or else their views on the invalidity of the CB. They want to see the aggressors punished so that it won't happen again.

That may well be one reason TPF didn't accept white peace, but I am sure it was not the only one. Regardless of your inability to understand it, an alliance with a history such as TPF's wouldn't simply accept blame for a war initiated based on actions during a previous war.

Ah. Thanks. Well now we head into what many would see as an apples and oranges situation.

Sounds kinda like when they didn't give Vox peace because of our actions in WoTC!

I mean, it's not like they kept us in war for 10 months and were possibly going to resort to the same tactics we used while in eternal war right?

Alrighty. So TPF requested white peace.

And they got it and didn't accept. The very same character who didn't accept was Desperado.

Well I assume that LiquidMercury would demand a white peace for whoever is defeated, regardless of side.

Yes, you assume correct. Though I war I always always hope for a an acceptable solution and will strive my best to find that for all parties involved. I will always always strive for a white peace.

Starfox, I am sorry you feel as though I have wronged you.

I'm not sure you understand. People are pissed because they don't agree with the lack of negotiations before declarations, the old CB, or else their views on the invalidity of the CB. They want to see the aggressors punished so that it won't happen again.

Punish away I guess.

Yes, you assume correct. Though I war I always always hope for a an acceptable solution and will strive my best to find that for all parties involved. I will always always strive for a white peace.

Starfox, I am sorry you feel as though I have wronged you.

Oh, not wronged, but you're certainly confused. Perhaps I can help you.

Why offer more than what the opponent has requested?

Well, apparently what was requested changed in accordance with the severity of the damage.

*Edit: That's why I advocated a cessation of hostilities while peace talks were done. Oh well.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Which was offered.

OK. What's being said isn't matching up to what occured. If both sides agreed to white peace you would have had white peace. However, the result doesn't match the claim.

TPF requested white peace.

Then we offered white peace.

Then this thread happened.

Thats pretty much the timeline in a nutshell.

And...there was no "TPF you have to say you are sorry"?

Sounds kinda like when they didn't give Vox peace because of our actions in WoTC!

Vox's actions don't really compare with the accusation leveled against TPF. Sorry?

I mean, it's not like they kept us in war for 10 months and were possibly going to resort to the same tactics we used while in eternal war right?

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here. At first you blame TPF, then you are justifying what they didn't follow through on.