The Coincidence Coalition

I'm pretty sure you were calling for TPF's allies to come in just a few days ago. They finally come in and all you do is bawww.

wait wha? have you read my posts? i am down for this war. i am pumped. i ain't bawwing just calling CC as i see them. a bunch of hypocritical whiners who posted for the past week about Athens' and Co bloodlust and lack of diplomacy/white peace and what not and then end up acting just like Athens and Co.

just because i am calling them hypocrites does not mean i ain't pumped bout this war. i love war ask basically anyone that knows me. to state i am scared of losing infra or fighting is just ridiculous. i am chafing at the bit by being stuck in peace mode and can't wait to get out and pound some nations.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the plausible time would have been before new years. And again, I thought TPF started the negotiations by requesting white peace. Am I getting this wrong? I could be, this is a serious question.

It's my understanding that peace talks have been ongoing for several days. I believe someone had mentioned that earlier or in another place.

The best time for Athens to conduct diplomacy would have been...before even starting the war!

It's really hilarious that so many people are buying into this whole peace scenario. SuperComplaints know that CC will not attack the night of a new year on planet Bob, meaning that tonight would be the only plausible time to strike. So, conveniently, right before update they try to start talks of peace so that they can claim the moral high ground that "peace was being achieved!" and CC attacked when it is really just a simple PR stunt.

No, the plausible time to strike would be when the peace mode cycles end. To be frank I don't consider one or two dozen wars much of a 'strike' at all. Couldn't you guys have held off? Think of the tax collection penalties! The infra loss! :(

it would not have taken that long in all actuality had peace actually been wanted by CC. as it stands, it is pretty clear that peace was most likely not going to be accepted, otherwise TPF would not have walked out of the talks.

even if TPF had accepted and DoWs gone out due to lack of time. it could have been retracted by update. so again, it is obvious that TPF/CC did not want peace and only wanted blood.

basically, they are committing the same crime as they are accusing Athens. the only difference is the essentially fake set of talks that was underwent.

I don't agree with that at all. The reason TPF walked out and didn't accept white peace was not because they're out for blood, it's because they are confident the CB issued wasn't sufficient for the war and were going to stick to their guns. Accepting white peace would of been an admission of guilt from TPF, if they had offered reps for the war and TPF walked out, then I would agree with you.

wait wha? have you read my posts? i am down for this war. i am pumped. i ain't bawwing just calling CC as i see them. a bunch of hypocritical whiners who posted for the past week about Athens' and Co bloodlust and lack of diplomacy/white peace and what not and then end up acting just like Athens and Co.

You mean to say: I am calling them hypocrits for attacking like we have been wanting them to.

Not sure how the terms presented to them can get much easier.

I dunno paying reps to TPF for what they think is an unjust war?

Not sure exactly what you're getting at. Clarifying would be helpful.
When the talks started, a simple "hey hold up we're talking right now" would suffice I would think. The war plan already halted for 5 days, not sure why it would be so immensely difficult for it to wait another. Given the amount of wars, I don't think it would have messed up your military plans whatsoever. I'm sure the alliances you attacked would have waved off those wars had peace been achieved.

You said when the negotiations started TPF could have told their side to hold on DoW's. and I answered with that Athens and Co didnt offer any ceasefire while the talks were ongoing, so why should TPF's allies stay out of the war while TPF are getting hurt?

Hoo stated flat out that the affair was not gonna be a long one.

Perhaps he should have flat out stated that in the beginning. Or approached TPF before DoWing and stated that.

thus a cycle of war is not that long. also from what i heard Athens and Co basically offered up no reps or any other terms except an admission of guilt before today. so it does appear as if TPF was not going to be in this war for all but a cycle especially given that all agreed to white peace today. so to state them offering peace makes them cowards is just ridiculous as they had already offered a 1 term peace deal prior to today.

So just a little unjust attacking and damage is ok because it'll only be for a little while? And if the peace deal offered is an insulting one, it's not really a good offer.

They shouldn't have attacked at all. At least not before making diplomatic efforts. By not doing so they've damned their image as unreasonable war mongers. Regardless of how this war turns out, it's going to take many moons to repair that.

Just because they try to pull a fast one right before the DoWs come crashing in doesn't mean they had honest intentions in that last minute offer.

ooc: also no hangover. :P

ooc: lucky you :P

You begged to be countered. It happened.

So I don't see the !@#$@#$ issue.

& Also, it is TPF's right to outright refuse peace anyway if her & her allies would rather fight it out.

This whole debate on the peace thing is so !@#$@#$ stupid. If white peace had been on the table all day then maybe I could believe your side but it came within 5 mins of war decs dropping. So, either the peace thing was a ploy to A) end what you've been begging for ALL WEEK (Major Lol) or B) Use it as a PR ploy as evidenced.

Edited by NorthernLights

No, the plausible time to strike would be when the peace mode cycles end. To be frank I don't consider one or two dozen wars much of a 'strike' at all. Couldn't you guys have held off? Think of the tax collection penalties! The infra loss! :(

These guys are serious about their infra, too. That's why I'm wondering if perhaps even you missed the "variable" involved. Why make their stats suffer more?!

It's, honestly, beyond comprehension.

actually, to my knowledge most don't assume that. TPF walking out of the negotiations confirm that fact. especially when they had the white peace they wanted.

sorry Haf, TPF made ya'll finally coming to their defense just look plain horrible especially when ya'll have talked about diplomacy, white peace, and all that crap for the last week just to have TPF throw that in Athens and Co's face once TPF knew they had their friends coming in.

LOL

Yeah, TPF walked out on white peace.. and did it to make us look horrible. That is why FEAR canceled on them. :rolleyes:

First they are cowards, now they want blood. Then they don't want diplomacy, but yet this war was started over a lack of it. I'm also pretty sure there wasn't a huge call for white peace, merely pointing out that there was a huge lack of diplomacy.

I'm honestly shocked that TPF's allies fell for the same ploy twice. This was the same MO used in the Karma war, no?

EDIT:

This is becoming pretty obvious now, the propagandists are changing their talking points from "cowardice" to "bloodlust". I'm disappointed that no one was smart enough to avoid this a second time.

they were cowards and used LM as an excuse to not come in while they built up a coalition. once the coalition was built up their bloodlust, that was always there, was finally able to be sated as the coalition stood a chance against Athens and Co and their allies.

as for the white peace, many saw it as the only terms that could be offered to TPF. thus, Athens, RoK, GOD, and \m/ wanted only the admission of guilt, while not white peace still far better terms than outrageous reps, decommissioning military, losing all treaties, and everything else that usually comes with terms being offered.

after a day or so, Athens and Co decide that white peace with no admission is fine and offer it. then TPF walks out.

so yes, bloodlust is exactly what is wanted now otherwise white peace would have been had instead.

So TPF gets offered white peace exactly 5 minutes before 17 alliances were set to DoW. How exactly did you expect them to stop all 17 alliances with only a couple minutes notice?

Did you really think they would be foolish enough to halt the whole war plan before even finalizing a peace deal?

I thought LiquidMercury was some sort of wizard you had to postpone the war 6 days for. Surely someone as capable as LM could stop the 20 or so wars your rag tag coalition managed to declare?

they were cowards and used LM as an excuse to not come in while they built up a coalition. once the coalition was built up their bloodlust, that was always there, was finally able to be sated as the coalition stood a chance against Athens and Co and their allies.

Right. The holiday season is an excuse. Are you guys drinking some rude to wash down that bitter?

so yes, bloodlust is exactly what is wanted now otherwise white peace would have been had instead.

Bloodlust is exactly what was wanted or else we would have never had a war with TPF at all.

You begged to be countered. It happened.

So I don't see the !@#$@#$ issue.

& Also, it is TPF's right to outright refuse peace anyway if her & her allies would rather fight it out.

This whole debate on the peace thing is so !@#$@#$ stupid. If white peace had been on the table all day then maybe I could believe your side but it came within 5 mins of war decs dropping. So, either the peace thing was a ploy to A) end what you've been begging for ALL WEEK (Major Lol) or B) Use it as a PR ploy as evidenced.

You know, I don't actually whore out my PR services. I didn't even know peace talks were going on. Londo sure is skilled with a marionette.

I thought LiquidMercury was some sort of wizard you had to postpone the war 6 days for. Surely someone as capable as LM could stop the 20 or so wars your rag tag coalition managed to declare?

Ah, yes, some more bitter. Really though, you guys should share some of that. It's rude of you...oh wait.

It's my understanding that peace talks have been ongoing for several days. I believe someone had mentioned that earlier or in another place.

The best time for Athens to conduct diplomacy would have been...before even starting the war!

I meant for the night. TPF asked for white peace, it was offered, they denied.

And lol, that's debatable. And of a different argument entirely.

Perhaps he should have flat out stated that in the beginning. Or approached TPF before DoWing and stated that.

So just a little unjust attacking and damage is ok because it'll only be for a little while? And if the peace deal offered is an insulting one, it's not really a good offer.

They shouldn't have attacked at all. At least not before making diplomatic efforts. By not doing so they've damned their image as unreasonable war mongers. Regardless of how this war turns out, it's going to take many moons to repair that.

Just because they try to pull a fast one right before the DoWs come crashing in doesn't mean they had honest intentions in that last minute offer.

ooc: lucky you :P

honestly, i don't care what terms were offered. that was up to Athens and Co not me. as for prior to this does not matter when TPF asked only for white peace and got what they wanted and then walked out.

you keep shifting. first you state white peace would have been okay as TPF could have been rebuilt and then state that white peace is not ok and Athens should be hit?

yes, it was a fast one that is why the only term that was ever on the table was an admission of guilt. no other terms were ever offered. so yes, total white peace is completely some ploy used to make ya'll look bad.

i would see if Athens and Co had demanded reps and other terms but to my knowledge nothing but an admission of guilt was ever on the table. so your claim just looks ridiculous.

ooc: yarly. that is typical though as i drink lots of water prior to drinking as well as at least a glass of water every hour during drinking and then a couple of glasses afterwards.

Edited by Dochartaigh

Even if we did manage to stop every DoW in just a few minutes, what is the point of it? I don't see a cease fire or anything. As far as I know TPF is still fighting. I guess it's ok for TPF to face a large coalition while peace negotiations are underway but it's not ok for TPF's allies to join the fight while peace negotiations are underway? :rolleyes: At least be consistent with what you are complaining about.

Even if we did manage to stop every DoW in just a few minutes, what is the point of it? I don't see a cease fire or anything. As far as I know TPF is still fighting. I guess it's ok for TPF to face a large coalition while peace negotiations are underway but it's not ok for TPF's allies to join the fight while peace negotiations are underway? :rolleyes: At least be consistent with what you are complaining about.

White peace. Means war is over. Negotiations were over.

That's a good point.

Were Athens&Co interested in pursuing peace...a cease fire wouldn't be something new to see happen. Especially with such a limited pool of combatants and uneven sides.

EDIT:

White peace. Means war is over. Negotiations were over.

It happens just like that? Here I thought there was more to it. Now I know: Say "OK White Peace" over a communication line to your enemy and BAM. Everything stops.

Edited by Nizzle