Most Disappointing Player or Alliance

ChairmanHal

I'm going to say TOP.

No I don't hate them etc

I'm saying this mainly because I want them to get some controversy going. Bully the little man! Piss some people off! We need something interesting going. wF-UED wasn't really that interesting just slightly amusing, we need something global involving larger alliances. You got to the #1 Alliance spot, now lets see something happen :)

You're in a large alliance in a powerful bloc, why can't you do it :(

I mean sure it sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm lazy and it sounds a lot like work.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main thing that everyone hated about the Hegemony was the sheer size of Q. C&G isn't a large bloc. Have you people looked at the stats? You all need to step back and take things in to perspective.

That, quite frankly, is ridiculous. People didn't hate the hegemony because Toilet Seat was a large bloc. They hated it because of the things they did.

USN has been an enormous disappointment to me (and many of my friends on here). There have probably been bigger falls from grace in this game, even in recent history. But I just happened to be closer to this one as it fell apart and turned into something I didn't recognize. And it took a few really good players I had a lot of respect for with it. All because of personal crap.

What a disappointment.

I have thought about it...and I cant get around saying Athens in general.

Rsox was a great small alliance leader. Blowing it now.

Londo set up a great merger that has not kept its core values.

Jgoods was a great potential leader under me at a time, but has yet to either have the backbone or the support to take over that alliance. Needs to happen soon.

Runners up:

Reyne: Become cool too late

MHA: Oh how Rich, Jimmy K and Vinny P must be rolling in their grave.....

Maybe it's because I don't want or need to take over the entire alliance. I like the way things are going.

Stupid Newbie

http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_dis...Stupid%20Newbie

I expected more from them.

This is actually our applicant AA, gotta remember to get these slackers to change their AA's once they get accepted.

: (( Slacking GOONS : ((

Edit: Me for not reading the thread and realizing that this was pointed out already.

Edited by Sardonic

I have thought about it...and I cant get around saying Athens in general.

Rsox was a great small alliance leader. Blowing it now.

I like where I am now. I have liked where I am for over a year. Believe it or not, I haven't changed at all (except maybe to become a little jaded about aqua lolitics/unity)

Londo set up a great merger that has not kept its core values.

Londo has done more in Athens then most will do over their entire CN career. He's not perfect, but he's on a very short list of people whose alliances I'd consider being a member of.

Jgoods was a great potential leader under me at a time, but has yet to either have the backbone or the support to take over that alliance. Needs to happen soon.

You don't quite grasp the Athens dynamic, but I'm not sure what you expect to happen...coup londo for a few admitted missteps on our rise to our current level?

The main thing that everyone hated about the Hegemony was the sheer size of Q. C&G isn't a large bloc. Have you people looked at the stats? You all need to step back and take things in to perspective.

Don't know (or care) about the rest of those people, but IMO the morality of actions of alliances in blocs matters a lot more than size. Couldn't care less about size really - as has been shown time and time again, it means squat all.

I am just waiting for the right opportunity.

Hahaha :lol1:

If it isn't beneficial for me to commit, why do it?

See - that is precisely what your doctrine should have said.

Biggest disappointments - players: Electron Sponge, though one can learn from him, he was all about himself. Nearly brought Polaris to her knees with his pompous attitude. Thank God for Grub, who cleaned up the mess. HeroOfTime55 was annoying as all hell. Who knows what might have been if he channeled that energy for good?

Alliances: Liquor Cabinet was loaded with top shelf talent, and yet nobody could take the reigns when Sponge disappeared? Nemesis should be on its way to sanction status right now. Instead, Hoo and Penluque Solaris left, and Nemesis is headed toward oblivion.

Alliance: \m/ by far. I had huge respect for them, our big brother on White, fierce raiders, really cool people. To see how they just folded shop when Sponge threatened them after UJW was just sad.

I know they had leadership issues and all, but FFS someone there could have tried to hold them together.

When I wasn't poisoning \m/ with arsenic (allegedly) I did everything but get out and push the damn alliance along the road to keep it moving. We didn't just lose 2 of 3 Triumvirs in late August 2007, prior to that we lost some of our best and brightest people in the lead up through defections to NATO, player bans, rage quits, and other madness (including one RL death). The alliance that fought GW IV bared little resemblance at the upper and mid-leadership positions to the one that got sanctioned in July 2007.

Oh and...Sponge had every intention of driving \m/ into peace Mode or the grave. Don't kid yourself that the b.s. terms he offered us were anything but a final one of slavery or death. All his actions prior to and subsequent to that evening proved that out over and over again.

Maybe it's because I don't want or need to take over the entire alliance. I like the way things are going.

The fact that you don't want to? Meh guess thats your call. The fact that you don't think you need to? And that you like how its going? Disappointing.

I am still a fan though. Dont get me wrong.

I like where I am now. I have liked where I am for over a year. Believe it or not, I haven't changed at all (except maybe to become a little jaded about aqua lolitics/unity)

Londo has done more in Athens then most will do over their entire CN career. He's not perfect, but he's on a very short list of people whose alliances I'd consider being a member of.

You don't quite grasp the Athens dynamic, but I'm not sure what you expect to happen...coup londo for a few admitted missteps on our rise to our current level?

Oh you have changed. Granted its easy to see from the outside. But true nonetheless.

Londo has done a lot. But not a whole lot of good. He had that potential though. So disappointment.

A few admitted, a lot denied. I think the mere fact that you are trying to dispute my disappointments is disappointing. I mean its not even for you to decide. Its my opinion.

Edited by Hoping

I'm going to say TOP.

No I don't hate them etc

I'm saying this mainly because I want them to get some controversy going. Bully the little man! Piss some people off! We need something interesting going. wF-UED wasn't really that interesting just slightly amusing, we need something global involving larger alliances. You got to the #1 Alliance spot, now lets see something happen :)

Attaining the #1 spot in nation strength was never a focus of ours, and it was as much a surprise to us as anyone that we ended up in it.

It is a meaningless status to us; to be honest, it's more of a pain than anything due to all the attention it generates toward us. In contrast to previous holders of the spot, we are not at all geared towards holding it. It pains me that assumptions are drawn that our foreign policy is at all influenced by the desire to do so.