Most Disappointing Player or Alliance

ChairmanHal

Alliance Disappointment Answer: Before July 2008 I considered Echelon as one of Polars closest allies. I loved their government, their attitude, and their membership. That love made their change in attitude towards Polar following the cancellation of the Ordinance really, really disappointing for me.

Individual Disappointment Serious Answer: Tela. Mostly because she drew the short straw and got to be point woman on the cancellations, heh.

Individual Disappointment Joke Answer: Doitzel. He's not nearly active enough, and that disappoints me.

Individual Disappointment Introspective Answer: Myself. Mostly because looking back I've squandered some cool opportunities, and made a couple of stupid mistakes.

Disappointing Alliance: Polaris - I hate to say this, but in my opinion, many of the members that I used to respect have adopted a vengeful and clouded attitude, something that I once admired them for rejecting. The alliance, as a whole, has been overshadowed by this vocal minority, and I expected (perhaps unrealistically) better from them. Of course, there are so many more members that still shine as brightly as they ever did, but that small group that I mentioned above overshadows them.
o_O Edited by Fallen_Fool

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a special place full of tar and bile within the pit of my soul reserved for the IAA. I don't think it's entirely justified, but they acted like complete dicks to Valhalla in UJW (although that may have been a previous incarnation) and then let Starfox in. Every announcement, every side chosen by them grates.

Recently disappointed myself, a recent change was meant to increase activity, the opposite has occurred. <_<

Only one? bah!

Mmk alliances: USN Knew you from my time in Fark but post Karma war alot of smack talk came out of your camp. Gremlins: Thought very very highly of you but then threats were made and you guys pretty much stooped to doing things that we were fighting to end

Players: Bob Janova, you know alot..see above for Gre.

I'd really like you explaining that one... you can use pm if you dont want to derail.

Lord Swampy. Never has one man fall from such a height to such a depth in such a short time, for the sake of hubris.

ODN: For old water under old bridges.

Myself: Sure this is hubris too, but if I had more time and motivation, I could have been a star. Mayber one day I will be.

Most of the community: for holding onto old grudges and not showing enough independent thoughts on matters.

People complaining about TOP not starting enough wars don't seem that great of an idea, do they want Citadel to roll them just to prove we can?

Most disappointing player for me is probably Rich333, I trusted him full as I put him in his current gov postion and he fully turned against me.

Out of interest- when did you hold us in great esteem?

Or did you misread the OP?

I would have assumed you never liked us :v:

Probably when I first joined and I thought all Sanctioned Alliances were great. That honeymoon period didn't last very long.

Most disappointing person - anyone who has used the beatdown of NPO as a chance to restart a dead alliance and then celebrated the anniversaries of the alliance as if it had never been gone. And no, being there in your hearts and minds doesn't count and neither does the fact that in your opinion the spirit or ethos of said alliance never dies - it was gone. Deal with it.

Alliance: \m/ by far. I had huge respect for them, our big brother on White, fierce raiders, really cool people. To see how they just folded shop when Sponge threatened them after UJW was just sad.

I know they had leadership issues and all, but FFS someone there could have tried to hold them together.

Individual: Slayer99. Some of the crap he (and others) revealed to me on his way out was disappointing to say the least.

Shame on you boss. :wacko:

Most disappointing person - anyone who has used the beatdown of NPO as a chance to restart a dead alliance and then celebrated the anniversaries of the alliance as if it had never been gone. And no, being there in your hearts and minds doesn't count and neither does the fact that in your opinion the spirit or ethos of said alliance never dies - it was gone. Deal with it.

Spot on I'd say. I was hoping the Karma war would reverse the effect of microalliances however its only made more of them.

Stupid Newbie

http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_dis...Stupid%20Newbie

I expected more from them.

Stupid newbie = GOONS app

Most disappointing alliance tie, MK/umbrella - obvious reasons

Most disappointing player and poster- Chairman Hal

I read his posts in the voice of Mr. Mackey from South Park.

mackey-drama.gif

Edited by ChimpMasterFlash

Archon - had the potential to really change things, dropped the ball.

Edit: I forgot Londo - had a lot of potential back in the fall of '08, since then has bungled too many opportunities to do good things.

Can't blame Archon for life smacking him in the face at the wrong time. Instead you should blame everyone else that bickered and grabbed for power in the vacuum that his inactivity at the time created.

Hoo is my biggest disappointment.

When it comes to what alliance currently disappoints me the most? I am going to say NPO and my reason for this is, the reason they were able to recover so well after GW1 is that they changed their tactics and worked to improve. Currently it seems they are still using the same tactics and posting style that got them in trouble in the first place. And that is going to hinder their recovery coming out of terms.

At times Athens is also an alliance I am disappointed in.

Edited by AirMe

I've been greatly disappointed with Gremlins and Umbrella as well as ODN under WalkerNinja.

Individuals I'd have to say those who have failed their alliances over the years, myself included for abandoning GR after I was elected to power.

Can't blame Archon for life smacking him in the face at the wrong time. Instead you should blame everyone else that bickered and grabbed for power in the vacuum that his inactivity at the time created.

Hoo is my biggest disappointment.

When it comes to what alliance currently disappoints me the most? I am going to say NPO and my reason for this is, the reason they were able to recover so well after GW1 is that they changed their tactics and worked to improve. Currently it seems they are still using the same tactics and posting style that got them in trouble in the first place. And that is going to hinder their recovery coming out of terms.

At times Athens is also an alliance I am disappointed in.

I am still disappointed in that AirMe guy for breaking his promise. :P

In all seriousness, you can't label Ivan or the NSO a disappointment simply because they haven't lived up to your standards. Starting from scratch to something like 4 or 5 million nation strength in under a year is good, but because he hasn't made a power grab or done anything of note in your eyes doesn't mean NSO is a disappointment, and it doesn't mean he's a disappointment.

There aren't many people who you can say are clear disappointments, rather it's much easier to pinpoint acts or events that were disappointing, or had an outcome that was undesired. Archon and karma was disappointing in the end, but how it started and what was done at the very beginning was far from a disappointment.

There's no one who has consistently been given the ball and then consistently dropped it. Everyone's had a few missteps along the way, though.

A flower constantly under thunder clouds does not blossom.

They weren't under thunder clouds before GW2 and GW3. If they had organized themselves better and used their huge amount of members to be a military force instead of a joke they could have been a pretty good alliance back then. Also, not entering GW2 was not an amazing decision.