Most Disappointing Player or Alliance

ChairmanHal

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note, for me, it would be you Hal. I considered you a great mentor and leader up until the events that transpired which I'll leave unmentioned as we both know what they were.

Oh I know exactly what you talking about and respect your opinion even if you don't have all the facts--actually, I don't know that anyone does but myself, though Chefjoe probably comes close. But if I told you that in the end it was what was best for everyone concerned and I was happier for it as a player, then maybe that makes a difference?

You see, even in retrospect, it was the right call. I am as convinced of that now as I was earlier this year.

I don't know actually. I should, but I just can't think of anybody I actually dislike. Alliance-wise, I like ODN, sort of TOP (they could do more, but they don't rock they boat, but you can't really blame them, since they were never that way).

I'd say VE, but they aren't all that bad either. Athens did something stupid too (along with FoB).

I can't really say.

I'm just gonna guess that because we refused to play the big bad NPO ruler? If so, then yes, I'd say we're pretty disappointing.

Not at all. I don't think someone has to play the role of bully in order to have a healthy game dynamic. I certainly don't think the onus is on the top ( <_< ) alliance to drive things; that's a shallow attempt to shift blame no matter how many people say it.

Edited by bzelger

Also I am the most disappointing player in my mind. I think I made too many mistakes down the line and put too much confidence in some people. I don't really know how I could have been better in general, but I should have been.

For most disappointing alliance, hm, maybe Celestial Being? I really liked the theme and it sucked seeing them disappear.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

Not at all. I don't think someone has to play the role of bully in order to have a healthy game dynamic. I certainly don't think the onus is on the top ( <_< ) alliance to drive things; that's a shallow attempt to shift blame no matter how many people say it.

Ah, but your post had no blame to shift! I was genuinely curious, because we fail in some of ways (speed comes to mind, and our OWF posting) but excel in others (community and strength).

edit: I am disappointed in roq's disappointment. How disappointing.

Edited by LOLtex

Ah, but your post had no blame to shift! I was genuinely curious, because we fail in some of ways (speed comes to mind, and our OWF posting) but excel in others (community and strength).

I was saying that people have a tendency to try to shift game stagnation to you (as that's what you implied you thought I was doing), not that you were trying to shift blame in this instance.

To actually address the reasons; your government's recent dealing in bad faith left a nasty taste in my mouth. As I've had a neutral to favorable opinion of you in the past, it was disappointing.

Player: Starfox101. He was cool in Vox, but now that that's all over it has become pretty clear that the guy just craves attention - and that he gets it by raging against everything and everyone.

Alliance: Echelon.

It took you that long to figure Starfox out? He's played the martyr his entire CN career.

As far as my pick, it's hard to say. Right off the top of my head I might say Sponge for bailing so suddenly on TLC. I'm sure he probably had his reaons, though.

I was saying that people have a tendency to try to shift game stagnation to you (as that's what you implied you thought I was doing), not that you were trying to shift blame in this instance.

To actually address the reasons; your government's recent dealing in bad faith left a nasty taste in my mouth. As I've had a neutral to favorable opinion of you in the past, it was disappointing.

This makes more sense. I agree that people attempt to blame us for game stagnation, but we're in the least stagnant era since before even GW3 when I started. As for your latter comment, I'll just say that you aren't alone in that respect.

Only one? bah!

Mmk alliances: USN Knew you from my time in Fark but post Karma war alot of smack talk came out of your camp. Gremlins: Thought very very highly of you but then threats were made and you guys pretty much stooped to doing things that we were fighting to end

Players: Bob Janova, you know alot..see above for Gre. Hal, You were a cool dude in RoK then you left and became..well an $@!..was it some drugs Hoo was giving you?

Personally, I pulled for MK's corner a lot during the NoCB war, even though I was on the other side. I really, really liked them a lot. Since then however, they've become a little...what's the word...

Same goes for TOP.

finesmug.gif perhaps? Really that's my best guess at the word you were looking for.

Edited by Drai

Disappointing Player: I would have to say Nelchael disappoints me the most, only because he hasn't secretly smuggled me into his room for a night of pleasure and silent observance while he and krissy get it on... well, not lately anyways. :D

Disappointing Alliance: Polaris - I hate to say this, but in my opinion, many of the members that I used to respect have adopted a vengeful and clouded attitude, something that I once admired them for rejecting. The alliance, as a whole, has been overshadowed by this vocal minority, and I expected (perhaps unrealistically) better from them. Of course, there are so many more members that still shine as brightly as they ever did, but that small group that I mentioned above overshadows them.

EDIT: This is just my opinion ^ :(

Edited by Gairyuki

Yes; I was a bit involved in the affair in question (assuming I've correctly identified the matter you're referring to), and it left a very acrid taste in my mouth as well---on many counts, my own behavior included.

Life is life and hindsight is 20/20.

Edited by Crymson