Most Disappointing Player or Alliance

ChairmanHal

I'd really like you explaining that one... you can use pm if you dont want to derail.

He took something from the Karma peace negotiations that nobody else in Grämlins or FARK saw there. It's unfortunate but his opinion seems to be set.

I'm not going to get into this thread, it's just asking for trouble imo.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They weren't under thunder clouds before GW2 and GW3. If they had organized themselves better and used their huge amount of members to be a military force instead of a joke they could have been a pretty good alliance back then. Also, not entering GW2 was not an amazing decision.

Can't argue with this.

TORN

Actually, reading that, I believe that would be my alliance that disappointed me.

I went in expecting a great alliance of warriors and cool dudes. What I got was a hegemony puppet who said it was good at war when it was just curbstomping.

So much talent was/is being squandered there.

EDIT: And I suppose player would be bigwoody.

Edited by Earogema

Alliance: TORN. They talked a big game when they were on top but after helping to start the first non-curbstomp in years they bailed immediately, not only on NPO but on all their other allies as well. Better to have gone down fighting than to be killed slowly by inactivity as seems to be the case now.

Also I am the most disappointing player in my mind. I think I made too many mistakes down the line and put too much confidence in some people. I don't really know how I could have been better in general, but I should have been.

I disagree. Other than the two things I've told you about in private that you've done recently, I think you're one of the few leaders out there that have actually stuck to their beliefs even in the face of adversity, and as such, you're not disappointing at all.

As far as my own list, I've been around for a long time so there are a lot of them.

GGA

VE and NpO

Bilrow and ALdbeign

Parts of MK

(DAC)Syzygy

Myself

Electron Sponge, RandomInterrupt, and HannaH

EDIT: All of the parts of "Karma" that have adopted various behaviors and tendencies of the NPO since the "Karma" War.

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

Alliance:

Quite a few alliances (MK for example) that I thought would thrive in the post Karma world that have, if anything, just gone on to become more quiet and withdrawn.

Individuals:

Those that went on to do their own thing after Vox were quite dissapointing. Thought they would go on to form some interesting alliances or shake some stuff up elsewhere but instead they just went on to form retirement homes.

Edited by Kindom of Goon

I have thought about it...and I cant get around saying Athens in general.

Rsox was a great small alliance leader. Blowing it now.

Londo set up a great merger that has not kept its core values.

Jgoods was a great potential leader under me at a time, but has yet to either have the backbone or the support to take over that alliance. Needs to happen soon.

Runners up:

Reyne: Become cool too late

MHA: Oh how Rich, Jimmy K and Vinny P must be rolling in their grave.....

For alliance I would definitely choose The mushroom kingdom, I had an impression of them as being an alliance that would stick with its friends and instead of taking the game too seriously, would instead have fun and taunt the larger alliances.

Since I joined Athens and watched their various discussions in C&G, I basically realized they want to be quiet, become boring like the other large alliances, and basically blend in to appear as just another face in the crowd.

Added on to that, they have a buttload of treaties with every side of the web, and on the forums I see a lot of their members stopped trolling the larger more powerful alliances and instead they pick the smaller ones, like IAA, SOS brigade, the purple sphere, whoever.

Very disappointing for Jack Diorno!

For player, I can't really pick out a single person, everyone here disappoints me. I can count on my hand, the number of players who are an exception to that rule.

But has there been a player character or alliance that you once held in great esteem but they fell from grace in your eyes, didn't live up to their potential, or otherwise disappointed you? Is there one that stands out more than the others? If so, why?

NPO - The change from Dilber to Moo's terms was drastic and beyond disappointing, the beginning of an avalanche-like drop in quality. Yeah, they dominated for a long time, but it was mostly on the reputation gained in 2/3 which Dilber gets full credit for, not the cow.

NEW - Allowed TPF to push them around and remained loyal to them when TPF finally got it's $@! handed to them for all their shenanigans, despite many warnings about what would inevitably come. It's endearing, but it's also incredibly disappointing, and they have so much more potential than simply being another TPF ally that got wiped out because TPF fails at diplomacy, war and pretty much every other aspect of this game.

No one person qualifies as disappointing to me, though, or at least none jump to mind.

*rocks in his rocking chair*

You know, I actually I disappointed myself with my time near the end there in IRON...last two months I was in .gov there. I took things way too personally there near the end and wasn't there when I feel like I should have been there. I am fortunate...even lucky...to still have all of my friends from those days -- I wouldn't have blamed them for not having anything to do with me after my retirement from .gov.

Granted, I was glad I went to fight for a friend -- I will never regret that. But I wish I'd left at a better time -- after the crap hit the fan -- rather than before. That will probably bother me for as long as I'm in this game.

Moral of the story: Don't let silly things get in the way of you and your friends. And don't take this game so personally. I learned that a bit too late.

Everyone has player characters or even whole alliances they love or hate for a variety of reasons. But has there been a player character or alliance that you once held in great esteem but they fell from grace in your eyes, didn't live up to their potential, or otherwise disappointed you? Is there one that stands out more than the others? If so, why?

Me.

For alliance I would definitely choose The mushroom kingdom, I had an impression of them as being an alliance that would stick with its friends and instead of taking the game too seriously, would instead have fun and taunt the larger alliances.

Since I joined Athens and watched their various discussions in C&G, I basically realized they want to be quiet, become boring like the other large alliances, and basically blend in to appear as just another face in the crowd.

Added on to that, they have a buttload of treaties with every side of the web, and on the forums I see a lot of their members stopped trolling the larger more powerful alliances and instead they pick the smaller ones, like IAA, SOS brigade, the purple sphere, whoever.

Very disappointing for Jack Diorno!

For player, I can't really pick out a single person, everyone here disappoints me. I can count on my hand, the number of players who are an exception to that rule.

This kind of thinking is why we're thriving and you're being p-zi'd

C&G for slowly changing into what the Hegemony was.

xfd

edit: [21:20:12] <&babyjesus> !@#$ I accidentally made an ultra-ironic post

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

You see, even in retrospect, it was the right call. I am as convinced of that now as I was earlier this year.

I know only as much as you told me, and I agree with your reasons for going that route... I just wish it had played out differently.

I can think of a few alternatives that I would have been happier with.

It did pan out in the end, I guess.

I have no player or alliance that would fit this description..yep..it's all bunnies and puppies with me. ;)

edit: I spel gud

Edited by Valtamdraugr

I'm going to say TOP.

No I don't hate them etc

I'm saying this mainly because I want them to get some controversy going. Bully the little man! Piss some people off! We need something interesting going. wF-UED wasn't really that interesting just slightly amusing, we need something global involving larger alliances. You got to the #1 Alliance spot, now lets see something happen :)

I can't think of a player I am disappointed with really.

For an alliance I would say GGA for sure. It disappoints me to see an alliance that clearly needs a new image to jumpstart their alliance away from stagnation continue with the status quo. An alliance that claims to be a 'new GGA', and then compounds that image problem by signing reckless MADP's (yes, plural) since their terms ended.

NSO for never using the Moldavi Doctrine.

C&G for slowly changing into what the Hegemony was.

Everyone else for being generally immoral. )):

The main thing that everyone hated about the Hegemony was the sheer size of Q. C&G isn't a large bloc. Have you people looked at the stats? You all need to step back and take things in to perspective.