Poaching from our ranks- NSO

I don't see why they wouldn't just apologize. They already did to another alliance and it looks like they're going to give some sort of apology by the time this situation ends.

You'd look a lot smarter if you at least read a few pages back. <_<

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, please don't compare us to Polaris, even we aren't backstabbers.

No offense but since your alliance is well sorta getting the everloving Crud beate out of it don't you think now would be the time to stop digging your hole?

Just a thought?

And also let's not derail this topic :v

I heard something about poaching, and then I read this thread, and I still have the same opinion about it - thank the poachers. If they're that easily "stolen", then they weren't with you in the first place.

Also, Pacificans... don't go saying Pacifica doesn't backstab. You're not going to convince anyone. There's too many painful memories for people to even listen to you seriously right now.

I heard something about poaching, and then I read this thread, and I still have the same opinion about it - thank the poachers. If they're that easily "stolen", then they weren't with you in the first place.

Also, Pacificans... don't go saying Pacifica doesn't backstab. You're not going to convince anyone. There's too many painful memories for people to even listen to you seriously right now.

Whoa LoD, when'd you leave Pacifica?

[ooc]I'm away from a computer for not even 24 hours, and I miss this gem of a thread until now![/ooc]

First off, I'm glad a solution has been found to this trainwreck.

Second, whoever it was asked not to compare Pacifica to Polaris because Pacifica doesn't backstab... read up on your history, take it to another thread, this is not the place, time, etc..

Third, while I don't believe recruiting from aligned nations is right for Genesis, I can understand Ivan's posted justifications for making this decision. A good portion of people on this forum have fought for (or against) a new political landscape. With the former 'Hegemony' a shell of it's former self, I suspect a lot of 'boundary testing' will soon take place, at least until the new dominant power has gained a foothold.

Also, I would like to point out that any given Casus Belli for war is only one if the wronged alliance wishes it to be. We really don't have to be slaves to societal norms if we disagree with those norms.

Before getting too into reading this 54 pages of this thread Id just like to say that if I was in charge of an alliance and NSO or whoever did this to my alliance, Id declare first and ask questions later. People would be more likely to give an apology if they had already been declared on in game. If this was just a joke on the part of NSO they might not be laughing any more if they had been declared on by all involved immediately after sending the messages.

We have one side, clearly superior in strenght, quite deliberately provoking a neutral alliance, in the knowledge their allies give them sufficient force to bully and act as they please.

You say this but I would put my money on NSO in a 1v1 fight any day of the week.

The power of the Sith is strong

Before getting too into reading this 54 pages of this thread Id just like to say that if I was in charge of an alliance and NSO or whoever did this to my alliance, Id declare first and ask questions later. People would be more likely to give an apology if they had already been declared on in game. If this was just a joke on the part of NSO they might not be laughing any more if they had been declared on by all involved immediately after sending the messages.

Get back to us if you ever actually ARE in charge of an alliance.

Peace is a Lie.

Are these nations truly neutral?

Also I have a quick question?

If NSO was poaching neutrals...I dont see any mention of WTF in this thread....

Probably didn't get to them.

WTF seems pretty cool, and they probably would have had the balls to attack us back or ask for something substantive.

Mr. de Snouza, I didn't read in anything other than the literal meaning of the words you wrote. I suggest you take this approach in future with my posts and others, and apparently even your own. This will prevent you from embarrassing yourself further as you did so the first time you attempted to apply your keen intellect to my analogy, and as you have done so below.

Imagination is always the fabric of social life and the dynamic of history. The influence of real needs and compulsions, of real interests and materials, is indirect because the crowd is never conscious of it. Its naive to think that everyone will read literally what you say, and I have a feeling that you know that. There is always a correlation about what people literally say and what they actually mean with what they are saying.

I ask you, what are your intentions with coming up with this analogy and "defending" it with personal attacks when it faces rational criticism, jedi?

Notice that you imply that beating a weaker guy would have no consequences, or less consequences than beating a stronger guy.

I never implied anything of the sort.

Yes, you did.

It's an old cliche that when you first arrive in prison you're supposed to punch the toughest looking guy. Apparently that shows that you're tougher, or crazy, or whatever. I always thought that was pretty stupid. Seems like a great way to insure that guy's gonna try and kick your $@! later. Perhaps it's more prudent to knock out a weaker looking guy, who you know you could beat in a future fight. But then that just defeats the whole purpose of getting respect for the act. In fact, it is likely to have the opposite effect.

You said that you have to punch a tough guy when you get in prison.

You said that the guy you punch would probably kick your $@! in the aftermatch.

You said that kicking a weaker guy would be more prudent, meaning there would be no consequences or less consequences than beating a stronger/tougher guy.

Next time you feel like going out of your way, try not to go so far. I think you got lost.

I'll take that in account at the next time I post. Really.

Oh yes, because striking out and attempting to challenge the status quo and imaginary rules of "sovereignty" and proprietary hegemonic issues of national ownership is exactly the same as calling an entire group of people mentally challenged in an angry rage.

Bravo.

Nowhere in his post did he say the acts were equivalent, only that both were classless.

Nice logic.

Ivan has expressed regret only over the reaction to this actions, not for his actions themselves - and you're right... how dare TDO make NSO's actions public knowledge. I mean it's not like they didn't try Private Channels, both IRC and PM, where they were met with aggression and disdain. And it's not like the NpO didn't express hostility as well saying that any retaliation against these acts would bring NpO's military into the equation - basically telling the world that the NpO supports these actions.

Incorrect, I suggest you find my actual post (being that I am the one who actually speaks for Polaris) and read it.

The TDO has made it quite clear that they are looking for an apology from Ivan and from Dopp - neither has mustered anything other than a regret to the publics reaction to their failed attempt at "social change" - never mind the slander and insults thrown at TDO...

Slander and insults? Let's be honest, what they said was in poor taste but it is essentially true. Neutral alliances contribute nothing to this game and reap the benefits of doing nothing but playing SimCity, they deserve nothing but to be ignored. The NSO failed to ignore them and therein started an issue with a totally irrelevant alliance for their amusement. The have said they were wrong to do so and so it ends.

Your Emperor came to these forums and danced a nice little musical number that amounted to, "we don't know what we think, we'll have to go vote on it first."

So he didn't condemn NSO's actions, he also didn't endorse them either. One is left wondering what he thinks, but I'm sure the polls will come back in time to be relevant....

ChairmanHal, I seriously expect more from you than this. When exactly has Polaris ever been a democracy? Perhaps your meter was switched off. Polaris does not and will not support the open recruiting of members from sovereign alliances. Is that clear enough for you or would you like it typed in capitals?

I will support the NSO in their endeavors, we do after all have a fairly serious treaty, one that will not be ignored, but blind freddy could see this was a total piss take and the resulting dramas were exactly their intention. Make me happy? Probably not, but really some of you need to have a serious look at what you consider morally offensive.

So is NpO the new NPO, with NSO taking GGA's do-what-you-want-and-get-away-with-it card and redeploying it?

You are obviously missing a few critical synapses. Go away you foolish try-hard and contemplate some other poorly drawn analogy that doesn't involve the name of my alliance, lest I take offence at your overt stupidity. Polaris is not and never will be aggressive, we seek to control nothing save our own affairs and to assist our allies if the need arises. Do not draw big red lines across the board that are unsupported by any scintilla of fact.

I find you assertion at least as offensive as TDO may find the message sent to them.... is this a valid CB? Grow up

Were it to come to war over this, your defense of them would be acknowledgment that they never committed a wrong and you supported their tactics.

That is a complete load of horse poop and you know it. Were it to come to war, it would simply be because diplomacy failed. Just because we do not endorse the NSO's pranks does not mean we intend to see them rolled for something as pathetic as this drama. Try again, your logic jumps are Olympic standard.

Thuggery's classic expression of fear, "shut up, this doesn't concern you."

I am afraid of absolutely nothing. I have been smashed on the rocks of public opinion and lived to tell the tale. This matter has absolutely no actual concern to 99% of the loud mouth drama whores who have posted here.

Steelrat, seriously, try finishing the first job you started before threatening to get involved in another. I am not terrified of Gramlins power, to wave it around like a sausage only devalues it. If you want to help TDO thats fine, but don't expect me or anyone else to be that concerned. We have no issues with you or the way you ordinarily conduct yourself, but don't assume that the power you perceive you hold means anything to me or to anyone else. You post was a simple "bring it" and the implications that go with it. You are happy to decry such posts normally?

Without being flippant, this matter has been resolved, as it was always going to be. Polaris is not going to war over this manufactured nonsense, nor are we endorsing it. However I am the first to recognize it for what it is, perhaps some of you are too slow on the uptake for your own good. The post Pacifica world is a shambles, you are all struggling to assert yourselves given your new freedom and failing badly. If you want a cause, find one first.