Poaching from our ranks- NSO

ooc/ Ok everyone who knows me knows I don't usually read 52 pages of a thread.

Umm not only is poaching from alliances bad, but the content of that message was just disgusting. Plus seeing how NSO members have reacted in this thread is also just kinda off putting. Whether or not this problem has been solved, doesn't really matter to me :P

If it looks like NPO, smells like NPO, and talks like NPO, then it must be....NSO?

And yes I have nothing to do with this conflict and yes I am pounding my chest so I can make myself feel better than you. Deal with it :P

/ooc

+1 for a great analogy my dear Sasorian Initiate.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That still doesn't make it any less retarded when you respond to a post with "we do not hide our passion or true feelings" when the other person is discussing why member poaching is bad.

*sigh*

I'm sure others will understand what you have not.

Edited by KainIIIC

Up until now I've concentrated primarily on the controversy and even more or less stated that this whole thing was a flash in the pan. I'm sorry if NSO feels as though they are "too cool for the room". The past month they have lost around 250,000 NS (or about 9%) in peace time conditions. Granted its hard to do well on Brown Team, but that's the challenge they accepted.

Now my position on all this: Recruiting from another alliance as blatantly as this shows absolute and complete disrespect. It screams, "we not only don't care what you think, but would you mind holding my jacket while I hit on your girlfriend?"

OOC: Done for the same reason. To see the look of indignation on the other guys face. I believe we've accomplished our somewhat obvious objective spectacularly. Feel free to not see the obvious.

Is it immoral? No. It is however as unethical as the day is long.
What exactly is the difference between morality and ethics?
You can only pull such a stunt if you figure that those you are doing it to will not react violently. If called on it by others, you make an apology you don't mean and plan your next maneuver. TDO went the passive aggressive route. Different but let's be honest, teaches NSO nothing in particular and it goes away in a couple of days. NSO is more concerned about members of Citadel alliances coming in here and rattling sabers than anything a non-aligned alliance is going to say.
We don't care period, actually. The only replies given to the Citadel "saber-rattling" has been unanimously "bring it". Hardly what Id call fear

Ah, yes, and for those who hold me up as some kind of example of how folks were being held up, congratulations [ooc] You fail to meet California's standard for reading comprehension for High Schoolers. I am quite serious, look them up.[/ooc] Clearly the fact that I said using myself as an intermediary is easier and more efficient than getting ahold of Ivan on IRC is obfuscating.

And no, I dont set policy for the NSO. Nor does Cheyenne. Heft, however, does. So you all fail at the obfuscating argument. Perhaps you should look at our charter next time you try to claim that were not directing you to the folks with actual policy making power?

We find these actions tasteless and we demand an official apology from Ivan Moldavi, Doppleganger, and Viktor.

Or else? You're neutral alliances. You can't do a thing. It's not like they attacked you.

And as for "poaching," I find nothing wrong with it. So what if they send messages to your members. Its not like that can make them leave. Get over it, sweetheart.

Or else? You're neutral alliances. You can't do a thing. It's not like they attacked you.

And as for "poaching," I find nothing wrong with it. So what if they send messages to your members. Its not like that can make them leave. Get over it, sweetheart.

You must not have read the rest of the topic. Try reading Tyga's first post here.

You must not have read the rest of the topic. Try reading Tyga's first post here.

They could go to war, but its would for an awfully silly reason. How has NSO done any harm to these alliances? Unless sending recruitment messages that awful. I mean, they could lose members!

Both morals and ethics are highly subjective. What you perceive as unethical is often perceived by others as perfectly fine and ethical.

That "certain point of view" argument only gets you so far. Beyond that you enter the realms of moral and ethical relativism respectively and then its a short trip to Francoism.

Or would you have me believe that the serial killer acted ethically because he sterilized the surgical tools he used to dissect his victims?

That "certain point of view" argument only gets you so far. Beyond that you enter the realms of moral and ethical relativism respectively and then its a short trip to Francoism.

I know its long, but Im sure you can manage.

Besides, its common knowledge the only one who knows what Francoism is is actually Vladimir. Clearly that analogy is a straw man.

OOC: I've been gone all day.

IC:

I am glad that a resolution between the relevant parties was able to be reached.

I am, however, extremely disappointed that a number of irrelevant parties insisted on blatantly lying and misrepresenting actions and words of both my alliance and myself personally.

Or would you have me believe that the serial killer acted ethically because he sterilized the surgical tools he used to dissect his victims?

Francoism has nothing to do with a pretty common philosophical concept and debate, as it goes beyond the NPO. Although Morals and Ethics are usually bound at a base level by human rationality, and thus most people generally agree in certain morals (not killing for example) and ethics. But even then, we have differences in morals (pro-life vs. pro-choice) and ethics (unfair business practices or completely fair?), that can stretch far or even further if we go back throughout history. Thus, I would be inclined to disbelieve that a serial killer acted ethically, but given that morals and ethics can be construed with twisted logic (like flying planes into buildings), it is perfectly conceivable to believe that a person (such as that serial killer himself) would think such an action is more "ethical".

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is just another one of those stupid, arbitrary things that everyone thinks is a hard and fast rule of conduct but in fact it's something that no one can explain without going recursive. Stop living in the box NPO put you all in.

To the contrary, everyone else evolved their game ethics, and you lot haven't. This is why people don't like you.

NSO is the ones acting like NPO here. Shall they continue, I am sure they will get the same thing that NPO got.

To the contrary, everyone else evolved their game ethics, and you lot haven't. This is why people don't like you.

NSO is the ones acting like NPO here. Shall they continue, I am sure they will get the same thing that NPO got.

What are you hoping for, that we establish some sort of Victorian age of cybernations politics? That we build up thousands of arbitrary community norms, walk around in top hats, and scoff when people put sugar rather than cream in our tea? Me-oh-my, I can scarcely wait till the day we all have to slip our opinions into corsets and petticoats and then make sure we don't break any of the rules of high society.

Bow before you post, right?

I dont recall us actually DOWing anyone without any real CB or faked screenshots.

Nor us going out of our way to say we own the red sphere.

Or killing any alliances.

Yeah, hyperbole doesnt quite cut it. As a matter of fact, enforcing standards upon others is actually more of a hallmark of the NPO than pushing the envelope either was. Either you possess no idea of what you're talking about, or do something to enforce your standards and veiled threat.

We have our Sith Code, thats ethics enough and to spare for everyone else here. As I said before, learn to not Hyperbole.

Yeah, hyperbole doesnt quite cut it. As a matter of fact, enforcing standards upon others is actually more of a hallmark of the NPO than pushing the envelope either was. Either you possess no idea of what you're talking about, or do something to enforce your standards and veiled threat.

The fact of the matter is, you are acting like you own, control and run the game, by doing things which the majority find completely unacceptable. You can twist it any way you like, but this is precisely what got NPO to where it is now.

The fact of the matter is, you are acting like you own, control and run the game, by doing things which the majority find completely unacceptable. You can twist it any way you like, but this is precisely what got NPO to where it is now.

We arent acting like we own the planet. Were acting like we dont care what you think.

Colossal difference.

L2Hyperbole

Edited by Chron

Well, I don't know what to say here, but let it be known that NSO has the full political and military backing of the BTA. Yes, I have that kind of authority.

I see great strength in you. The Force is powerful with BTA.

If your members are easily poached off then there must be something wrong in your alliance. :v:

These are pretty much my sentiments.

New Sith Order: I personally admire your little stunt here, as I have never been a fan onf the idea that poaching members warrants a DoW or apology.

The Democratic Order: Recruit from NSO.