Announcement from VE, AZTEC, ARES, and MCXA

The armchair diplomats make me laugh with their "harsh terms" and "lenient terms" remarks. The terms are set, peace is achieved and we all act like gentlemen again.

My greatest admiration goes to MCXA for fighting long and hard despite losing over half of their national strength. To the alliances of AZTEC, it was a pleasure to see us working as one in the campaign in defence of VE.

Finally, well done to The Grand Lodge of Freemasons. I love you guys!

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have said (and you have duly ignored), MCXA need only be concerned on who is considered part of the Hegemony side of the war. The wiki answers this. Stop asking the same question over and over if you are not interested in the answer.

You're right. I push too hard sometimes. I've been frustrated by the lack of agreement and who/what Karma is exactly and when AA actions are considered part of Karma or simply the actions of a sovereign. I should know better.

Plus I wanted to use the Kollective and Klub. Next time Ima use Kows. :awesome:

well the nicest thing i can say is 'at least you didnt extort a protectorate'

term 7 i like and if i were mcxa i wouldnt need it written in the terms id be enforcing it on my own will

no outside aid? wasnt lue the last alliance to receive that? damn that goes back quite a ways.

one thing i am dissapointed in is you not only disarmed them and isolated them, but you did not put them under your protection. that is a very big one right there. whats with that? i think that in itself is an unprecedented level of harshness. (term 6 alludes to 'protectors' but nowhere in this agreement does it explicitly state who exactly those protectors are.)

i was also hoping people could look past decommissioning improvements for once, but at least factories arent on that list, i guess. silly to see missile defense wonders are still being forced into decommission...

Sadly I don't sit on IRC 24/7. Might have been that or ermm I don't know, I might have ADD's.

EDIT: No offense intended to anyone who might have ADD's, bad joke :(.

but surely someone in your government knew?

there was so much talk all over the OWF, war should have been obvious

I'd advise you against trolling your own surrender thread. As others have pointed out, these are extremely lenient payments that are more symbolic than anything else. 5% of your tech? That's a heck of a lot cheaper than continuing the war for another day. Have some faith that your government actually may have made the right decision today. If we wanted to follow typical hegemony surrender terms, it should've been 200k tech and either sentencing your peace mode nations to ZI or forcing them to refrain from aiding the rest of their alliance for the duration of these terms.

Incorrect. It would be 500k tech from their peace mode nations and top 40 war nations, along with a billion or two slapped on, full military wonder decom, having everyone on your AA held as POWs for a few months, and having to tap dance and post it on the forums...while wearing a bikini and singing "I love Drai/Bob/Hizzy/some other guy".

Paran: The terms aren't bad at all. You should see some of the terms in the last war. Not just in total reparations paid, but proportionally as well.

Tokugawa: you're paying more proportionally. :(

Tell Lavo I said hai.

6) MCXA will not ZI any members during surrender period without approval from their protectors.

Holy $%&@.

The fact that this needed to be included in terms...

These reps are relatively light considering the size of MCXA and compared to TSI's.

MCXA took a major hit after this war, the proper thing to do would've just to give them white peace and help them rebuild by paying for those tech deals. Just taking 7k tech from them isn't going to solve anything, it's just going to cause more problems.

Sorry, the MCXA doesn't have its own Spy Network to feed it every other alliances plans and intel.

oh come on. Are you really serious you had no idea. Anyone who was reading OWF could see the tensions building for the last 3 months or more. War was inevitable.

10k tech isn't a big deal. MCXA shouldn't have any problems getting that debt paid. However, it has been alluded to that these reparations are for past actions, and have nothing to do with this war, in which MCXA entered via their defense treaties with NPO. If this is the case, should this become the norm? If GOD loses a war in the future, shall we take out in blood money what they took out on LoFN?

That happened quite awhile ago, but it seems we're setting a precedent here for ignoring the current conflict and instead taking out blood money from past indiscretions or sins, as viewed by the victors. Why not view the current conflict and take it for what it was? It was a beating, and they took their lumps. Any reparations as a result of this current conflict are nothing but blood money, as MCXA did nothing wrong. They simply honored a treaty.

So, go right ahead, and keep up with the blood money reparations based on issues from the past. Don't be surprised if it bites you in the $@! some day though.

Aw, c'mon, guys. It should seem remarkably obvious to anyone that what MCXA went through with the whole TSO situation is the kind of the thing that normally destroys alliances completely. That they weren't completely tuned in to what was going on in foreign affairs because they were too preoccupied with their own internal difficulties is reasonable under the circumstances found at the start of the war.

A mass exodus of basically your entire top-level government is not good for an alliance. That they're still here at all is something that impresses me.

MCXA took a major hit after this war, the proper thing to do would've just to give them white peace and help them rebuild by paying for those tech deals. Just taking 7k tech from them isn't going to solve anything, it's just going to cause more problems.

I think I saw somewhere it was around 5% of their tech. Man...that's a blow.

TDSM8 had to pay more tech than we had as part of our surrender terms for the No CB War.

silly to see missile defense wonders are still being forced into decommission...

I fail to see how asking them to decommission improvements that they won't need anytime soon and which only add to their bills, slowing their rebuilding, is "silly".

Would that have been the proper thing to do?

7) Individuals who surrendered prior to MCXA's surrender may not rejoin MCXA during the period of these terms.

I left to wonder if those who took individual surrender terms knew that they would not be allowed back into MCXA for an extended period of time if they would have actually surrendered. So what exactly do they do now? Form a "Friends of MCXA" alliance until they can get back into to MCXA? <_<

A completely unnecessary condition of surrender and I'm frankly surprised that MCXA agreed to it.

Edited by ChairmanHal

oh come on. Are you really serious you had no idea. Anyone who was reading OWF could see the tensions building for the last 3 months or more. War was inevitable.

I'm sorry but I and the rest of the Multicolored Government was to busy attending to INTERNAL matters, much of which we haven't been able to overcome since the forming of the TSO. Excuse me for not being as politically involved as I should be, and excuse me for hoping to avoid a war. Sure tensions have been building up for months..most notably when VE canceled on NPO/GGA. But I once again reiterate, I was way more focused on MCXA's Internal Issues than worrying about External affairs which could always wait.

And I disagree, War is rarely inevitable, unless your the US and you crave OIL.

I left to wonder if those who took individual surrender terms knew that they would not be allowed back into MCXA for an extended period of time if they would have actually surrendered. So what exactly do they do now? Form a "Friends of MCXA" alliance until they can get back into to MCXA? <_<

A completely unnecessary condition of surrender and I'm frankly surprised that MCXA agreed to it.

Funny back story, ask their MoIA why that one is in there.

Sadly I don't sit on IRC 24/7. Might have been that or ermm I don't know, I might have ADD's.

EDIT: No offense intended to anyone who might have ADD's, bad joke :(.

I was fairly certain there was some sort of war coming two weeks before it happened, and I most certainly have no spies. You had the entirety of Q with an intelligence clause in your treaty.

well the nicest thing i can say is 'at least you didnt extort a protectorate'

term 7 i like and if i were mcxa i wouldnt need it written in the terms id be enforcing it on my own will

no outside aid? wasnt lue the last alliance to receive that? damn that goes back quite a ways.

one thing i am dissapointed in is you not only disarmed them and isolated them, but you did not put them under your protection. that is a very big one right there. whats with that? i think that in itself is an unprecedented level of harshness. (term 6 alludes to 'protectors' but nowhere in this agreement does it explicitly state who exactly those protectors are.)

i was also hoping people could look past decommissioning improvements for once, but at least factories arent on that list, i guess. silly to see missile defense wonders are still being forced into decommission...

No wonders are being forcibly decommed here.

I'm sorry, but you are a fool. Did MCXA give a rat's backside about the hit NpO took last war when they lines up to take a chunk of the 100K in tech demanded as part of their peace terms?

Seriously, just quit with the holier-than-thou crap.

Hmm, 10000? Very reasonable indeed. Shouldn't take too long to pay that off, one round of aid oughta do with reasonable organization and member commitment. Polaris paid 10 times as much, most of it from only 28 nations. Interesting to see what sort of terms start coming out for the large players in this war.