Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hard-pressed to find any justification for a refusal of the exercise of diplomacy. They certainly deserved their stomping on the first go-around. How long ago was that now? How long must we hold a grudge? Why can't NPO just stomp someone and leave it be?

By these standards, an alliance could prolong its abuse of another alliance indefinitely. Instead, when this happens and then ends several months later, we call it "merciful"? If the NPO was as powerful as everyone thinks it is, then NPO could have just let them plot and suffer no harm from it.

I can not figure out if you do the things you do in public because you mean what you say or if you just pretend to get things wrong so often so that no one will take Black whatever seriously.

NPO enjoy training your noobs on these Jarheads.

Where does it say that there's a limit on how many times you can be gracious to someone?

Ya know Ragashingo, when you try to pick apart legit CB's like this it only damages your credibility when you try to speak out against things that deserve the criticism.

And you are really just making yourself when about 5 minutes of research found me this post posted in NPO's DoW on devil Dogs

Well 789 beating 43 isn't exactly an exciting show of strength or bravery. But it is a nice show of principle.

Hail NPO.

So what changed from this CB being a nice show of principle to make it some sort of evil act of oppression.

I don't care if I'm more important or not. I waited in line and Jarheads just cut in front.

The ZI club has three statuses, Member, VIP and Elite. The jarheads have elite passes so they get move to the front of the line.

Nice announcement Moo, good luck. :)

I'm surprised anyone is arguing against this. It doesn't matter that Jarheads is a very small alliance and could not threaten the NPO militarily – or do you think they should immediately peace out FAN and Vox as well? Jarheads plotted against them, while under the cover of their ally, and NPO are fully justified in destroying them for that. (OOC: plus they're the same people who got rolled for the same thing once already)

Before you argue that this is the evil empire, ask yourself this: what would you do if a much weaker alliance was plotting against you and threatening to recruit many others to the cause of destroying you? If you answer is not that you would destroy them first, you are more of a pacifist idealist than I am :P

The amount of angst towards NPO in this thread is amazing. The validity of the CB is without question. Just because the war resembles a tech raid due to the alliances involved does not diminish the validity of the CB in anyway.

After reading Moo's declaration I sat back waiting for someone to point out one of the most obvious revelations, contrary to the VOX and FAN assertions NPO does not hunt down and kill rerolled nations or rerolled alliances. They appear to have known who JARHEADS were for sometime and took no action until one of their treaty partners handed them irrefutable evidence that JARHEADS were plotting to take up the old battle and attempt to do harm to them.

By proxy I have concluded that if NPO does not hunt rerolls then neither do their treaty partners.

If anything my level of respect for NPO has risen from this war.

EDIT: (more content)

On the other hand, IRON what were you thinking with these guys, in the thread you announced this protectorate in, a great many people tried to point out the obvious to you and you became a tad hostile. Bad judgment call their IMO.

Ejayrazz said it all. Do what you got to do NPO, and don't argue with those that tell you this is unfair or unjust, because if anyone threatens my alliance and plots against it, he will feel my wraith even if it will be nothing more then a curb stomp.

Did you read Moo's postings? If you honestly are saying you wouldn't attack an alliance for threatening yours twice now, remind me never to join an alliance you choose to lead, or ally to, respectfully. Viceroy? Waste of time my friend, this is the second time they have initiated serious actions, resulting in a logical CB in both situations. Their leaders represent their alliance, the members have chosen to join the alliance under their ideals, this is a spawning of an alliance which all once agreed to fight for their beliefs - something not entirely irrational, but is a threat towards NPO, whom also will fight for their beliefs. NPO was merciful enough to allow peace for irrational actions the first time, but now after receiving the peace, they abused the privilege and obviously learned absolutely squat from their previous actions. Demanding reparations? Why? So they could be considered tech mongers? Oh boy would they be attacked for this action as well. Demanding reparations towards an alliance which has threatened them twice now would be merely illogical and nothing short. Similar to all other alliances, NPO's primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of their own members. Now, I will never state NPO is perfect, I am sure their members will, but I will say they are completely rational to expose and eliminate a threat they once were merciful towards the individuals who abused the gift they received and once again made the same mistake.

Mercifulness and diplomacy only goes so far, take it from a Grämlin with the Codex. Too much diplomacy and allowing an enemy to make constant threats towards you numerous times without any imminent consequences isn't diplomacy, it is allowing to be stomped on and allowing a threat to rise. I could understand arguments with diplomacy for previous wars, but not with this situation. I am neither pro-NPO nor anti-NPO, I see them as another alliance which tries to strive for success by their means necessary in doing so. I am in an advantage because when one withholds animosity for another alliance, their views tend to go opposite of their 'opponent'. Logical and understandable, but in a sense, illogical because the anti-advocates will state the one which they oppose is making a mere mistake out of their own biased-view rather than the logicalness within the situation. Take a neutrel stance and any logical leader would never allow an alliance such as the Devildogs to make not once, but two mistakes in two different situations which exposed their motivation in the annihilation of an alliance, whether possible or not, a threat is a threat.

I'm sorry, what was their crime again? Plotting? They already paid the price for their actions before - they've paid their debt. This is an entirely separate issue here. As Doitzel pointed out, it was how NPO handled them that encouraged them to wish harm to the Order.

The Order was never in any danger. And even in the most skewed perception of reality, it would still have been prudent to wait until they had actually attacked or their evil sekrit plan was carried out. As far as we know, this could have been nothing more than a joke. I guess we'll never know for sure now. Honestly, when an alliance is attacked because of what they do internally, it is a sad day for the cyberverse.

A threat is indeed a threat. Show me how these people were able to cause a threat - ANY threat to the Order, and I'll support this DoW. But from what I see, I see a group of bitter jarheads attempting a plan loaded with phail (that was bound to fail on its own without Pacifica's help), that did not carry out that plan, and may have decided not to at another time. THAT, is not a threat. Especially to such a large and powerful alliance that is the NPO.

This is utterly grotesque. When someone attacks you, you stomp them. If they haven't attacked you, then there's no reason to stomp them. I fail to see why this is so complicated for others.

Your performance in this thread was quite ridiculous, I can only imagine how you have carried on in others.

Really? Since when? The only rights you have are those you can defend.

Haha. All i have to say is Haha.

Your performance in this thread was quite ridiculous, I can only imagine how you have carried on in others.

Really? Since when? The only rights you have are those you can defend.

The rights I have are all the ones I have not voluntarily given to my alliance.

I'm sorry, what was their crime again? Plotting? They already paid the price for their actions before - they've paid their debt. This is an entirely separate issue here. As Doitzel pointed out, it was how NPO handled them that encouraged them to wish harm to the Order.

The Order was never in any danger. And even in the most skewed perception of reality, it would still have been prudent to wait until they had actually attacked or their evil sekrit plan was carried out. As far as we know, this could have been nothing more than a joke. I guess we'll never know for sure now. Honestly, when an alliance is attacked because of what they do internally, it is a sad day for the cyberverse.

A threat is indeed a threat. Show me how these people were able to cause a threat - ANY threat to the Order, and I'll support this DoW. But from what I see, I see a group of bitter jarheads attempting a plan loaded with phail (that was bound to fail on its own without Pacifica's help), that did not carry out that plan, and may have decided not to at another time. THAT, is not a threat. Especially to such a large and powerful alliance that is the NPO.

This is utterly grotesque. When someone attacks you, you stomp them. If they haven't attacked you, then there's no reason to stomp them. I fail to see why this is so complicated for others.

Internal actions have lead to countless wars, internal solutions can lead to external actions. A joke? [4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:46:06 PM] xxxx says: What if i told you

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:46:10 PM] xxxx says: we have 6000more people that have agreed

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:46:15 PM] xxxx says: to join jarheads

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:46:24 PM] Shan says: I would want to know your home forum

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:46:32 PM] xxxx says: We do not use Forums atm

[x4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:46:40 PM] xxxx says: through Youtube

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:47:16 PM] Shan says: then I'd highly doubt you could even get a 10th of that but regardless, carry on.

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:47 PM] xxxx says: We are devildogs

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:47:30 PM] xxxx says: and nightmares plan

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:47:38 PM] xxxx says: was to recruit these people

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:47:46 PM] xxxx says: and attempt to be the "anti-christ" of cybernations

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:47:56 PM] xxxx says: so essentially

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:48:00 PM] xxxx says: you guys are funding the upper class

There exist more logical arguments my friend, like "If you're going to post logs as evidence, don't censor the naming".

a plan loaded with phail

It is still a plan nonetheless. Once again mate, SIZE doesn't matter - end of story. Precedent within the political spectrum supports the endeavors of any alliance handing a threat any means necessary. A threat is a threat. If some skinny $@! punk threatened to smack my girlfriend, I would do something about it. I wouldn't allow unnecessary actions to exist without consequences. Yes, sometimes real life analogies work -- a threat is a smack in the face and must be dealt with accordingly. They allowed amnesty once, a second time after not learning from the first within a span of a few months is unacceptable. A threat is a threat - whether it be destructive or not, a threat must be dealt with. Due to the mitigating circumstances, this isn't anywhere near DD's first notable mistake. They have consecutively screwed up and now must be dealt with again. Conspiring to attack an alliance = threat. A threat is a threat, as you agreed.

Ya know Ragashingo, when you try to pick apart legit CB's like this it only damages your credibility when you try to speak out against things that deserve the criticism.

The CB is sound, the "they were plotting against us" part anyway. I'm only against the "they attacked our boards and therefore must die" mentality that some brought up earlier. However wars that have solid CBs aren't automatically just or necessary. Go look up the GATO-1V war if you need proof of that.

So what changed from this CB being a nice show of principle to make it some sort of evil act of oppression.

Thats easy. In the previous war Devil Dogs was attacking red nations and flaunting it to the NPO. So it was a nice show of principle when the NPO carried out its self imposed duty to the red nations that were attacked. This time all I've seen is some plotting on IRC. There have been no attacks on NPO interest as far as I know. So in my opinion this war isn't nearly as justified as the last.

And to be clear I never called the war an evil act of oppression. I only called it lame, just as I implied the last war was lame with my sarcastic "strength or bravery" comment. This war can become an evil act of oppression if the NPO decides to continue it indefinitely, or decides to levy harsh surrender terms but for now this war is simply lame.

Apparently NPO was not harsh enough the first time if DD failed to learn their lesson.

I particularly like the fact that Lord Nightmare makes himself a multi during that video.

LordNightmare:

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=293837

Said Multi created in video:

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=306968

Edited by Matt Miller