Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Is declaring war on a small alliance that plans a futile attempt to destroy the NPO justified?

Is killing a mosquito that tries to suck the blood of a man justified?

mosquito's need to eat too. NPO is quite justified, I am just jealous they get all that free tech. Planet Bob should exercise a war tax, where the victorious alliance must pay a 28% tech tax to the planet.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The members of the alliance are responsible for the actions of their leaders.

No. If the members know their leaders are doing something dangerous then sure, have at the entire alliance. If the leaders are plotting in secret then the leaders alone should be punished and the members should be spared. It is certainly more difficult to do this, but it is also far more just.

Oh common you are just knit picking for the sake of it. Government represent the alliance always, if you pick the wrong alliance and involve yourself with the type of people that are likely to get your nation killed then you have simply played the game wrong and will suffer the consequences. The players ignorance is irrelevant I doubt anyone would choose to play badly otherwise there would be no point playing at all.

OOC No, not nit-picking at all, you wrote that they forfeited their right to play the game. In fact, my only post prior to this was challenging Ragashingo and expressing my support for the NPO. I'll take it to pm if you wish so as not to derail the well-founded IC parts of this thread.

Edited by General Specific

I do and yours isnt one of them.

So what you are saying is that if i made a small group and started planning against Zenith, zenith will be fine with it? I am not a valid target until I actually pose a threat?

And if you are gonna post the diplomacy bs do you even know if we actually used diplomacy?

I would say "I beg to differ.", but I do not beg.

I'll just differ.

You are wrong, Rotavele. As stated a plethora of times in this thread by many, many people, our Casus Belli is solid.

Solidly Invalid. Case closed i need to get some shut eye. We can argue tommorow.

No. If the members know their leaders are doing something dangerous then sure, have at the entire alliance. If the leaders are plotting in secret then the leaders alone should be punished and the members should be spared. It is certainly more difficult to do this, but it is also far more just.

OOC: War is not just. It never has been, and it never will be.

:ph34r:

Let me restate this a bit more simply:

1. Devil Dogs posts on our forum in our Red Protection Court stating they can attack any nation they want in any color sphere. They become increasingly hostile in their posts.

2. Devil Dogs state that our forums will be attacked on a specific date.

3. Our forums are indeed attacked on the aforementioned date.

4. Because of their repeated attacks on red nations and the attack on our forums we declared war on the Devil Dogs.

5. Many of their members (who it appeared were all RL friends or gamed with each other) bragged about the attacks and stated they would do what they wanted.

6. Because of their attitudes and because of the attacks on their forum we did not offer surrender terms. They could have, however, rerolled at any time.

7. On our August Revolution celebration, we gave them amnesty and wished them well.

8. IRON informs us that Jarheads (which we knew was a Devil Dog reincarnation) had plans to take us out and to attack our forums again.

9. As this was a repeat of what transpired before, we declared on Jarheads.

I would also like to mention that some of you who are condemning us were encouraging IRON to take them out. Go figure.

Edited by TrotskysRevenge

I think you missed where I said: "Nah, the size doesn't matter. I've always been a proponent of not punishing an entire alliance for the actions of a few."

Thats hardly: "lol 90k vs 21mil lololol"

Then Bob would be even more boring than it already is because of the lack of war. Only ZIing people and no curb stomps would be insanely duller. Although I'm sure people would grow so insanely bored that a huge war would erupt under your philosophical ideal for Bob because of boredom. However that is straying off topic from what this thread is about.

On topic: Go get 'em NPO.

Edited by Fireandthepassion

I think it's safe to say that most of us in the community would expect a better example of leadership from a world leader. As a chief pastor of world stability and peace, I would hate to think that at no point in time did the radical approach of attempting diplomacy would ever cross the minds of our world leaders.

With all of NPO's options on the table - demanding reparations, demanding replacement of Jarhead leadership, installment of a viceroy, and all of those other things that NPO does with unmatched skill and finesse, it has instead decided to go straight to war. And what's worse? Having forgone all of the more responsible paths that a world leader would be expected to take, and acknowledging the fact that the threat that was being posed against the Order was not a threat at all, NPO has stood by its failure to set a good example for others to follow.

While others plot to take down the Order, it's important to note that until there's an actual threat and diplomacy has failed, military action is not warranted. We, the CN community know this, and had hoped that NPO of all alliances, would know this as well. From this point on, NPO has lost every bit of its credibility as a responsible alliance in the eyes of many. For many others, this has already happened long ago.

Cheers, NPO !! Enjoy your military victory. We're enjoying your political defeat.

I think it's safe to say that most of us in the community would expect a better example of leadership from a world leader. As a chief pastor of world stability and peace, I would hate to think that at no point in time did the radical approach of attempting diplomacy would ever cross the minds of our world leaders.

With all of NPO's options on the table - demanding reparations, demanding replacement of Jarhead leadership, installment of a viceroy, and all of those other things that NPO does with unmatched skill and finesse, it has instead decided to go straight to war. And what's worse? Having forgone all of the more responsible paths that a world leader would be expected to take, and acknowledging the fact that the threat that was being posed against the Order was not a threat at all, NPO has stood by its failure to set a good example for others to follow.

While others plot to take down the Order, it's important to note that until there's an actual threat and diplomacy has failed, military action is not warranted. We, the CN community know this, and had hoped that NPO of all alliances, would know this as well. From this point on, NPO has lost every bit of its credibility as a responsible alliance in the eyes of many. For many others, this has already happened long ago.

Cheers, NPO !! Enjoy your military victory. We're enjoying your political defeat.

O Wise One, what would you have us do?

You know, I like what you're saying, I really do, but I think you used about twice as many words here as you should have. :P

But your message is right on target. War should be a last resort.

LOL really you don't know the half of it.

The cancellation was posted after the 72 hours had elapsed. Jarheads were informed privately of the cancellation last Sunday.

So they new that since last sunday and nobody wnet to peace mode? So they really deserve that.

lol for corinan being angry because sarcastics posts :lol:

lol for those questioning a valid CB :lol:

You're what now?

Our example is "Screw with us and you get rolled." I think that is a great example to follow.

What are you talking about? This war is perfectly justified. Maybe you should read over the evidence once again.

There is no political defeat for Pacifica here.