Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for proving my point. Actions like this obviously do not work with these people. Did it occur to anyone that trying something new might get better results?

One must first define what this "better result" would be before one can determine a means of achieving it.

Generally, however, when someone spits in the face of former opponents who have buried the hatchet, they are deliberately looking to cause trouble.

mosquito's need to eat too. NPO is quite justified, I am just jealous they get all that free tech. Planet Bob should exercise a war tax, where the victorious alliance must pay a 28% tech tax to the planet.

Taxes are implemented at the barrel of the gun. I would be down for a global tax though, where NPO, NATO and assorted allies takes tech and money from everyone else on the planet. That's just me though.

(hint: there is no global tax or any such repression... is it possible that civilization is not oppressive?)

Edited by Count da Silva

If it came to light that the leadership of a much smaller alliance than Zenith was plotting Zenith's destruction, what would you do?

I am sincerely curious about it.

* We would find out if there was a protectorate or other treaty in place

* If so, we would try to get it removed

* If successful or if no treaty had been found to be in place, we would declare war on said alliance

Depending on circumstances, this would be our most likely response.

I don't see anything wrong with this particular CB and wish Pacifica happy hunting.

* We would find out if there was a protectorate or other treaty in place

* If so, we would try to get it removed

* If successful or if no treaty had been found to be in place, we would declare war on said alliance

Depending on circumstances, this would be our most likely response.

I don't see anything wrong with this particular CB and wish Pacifica happy hunting.

Thankyou. Please put a muzzle on Rotavele, before he/she/it makes a fool of themselves again.

Sounds like the name Jarheads fits their actions to a T.

At least they provide a good and amusing blip of entertainment for the day. :D

I only wish there was about 500 more to their memberbase in higher NS ranges cuz im bored... :jihad:

It's funny. I was reading up on DevilDogs not too long ago and I remember thinking "Wow I wish I was around then to beat them down." Looks like wishes can come true. :)

It's not like round 1 was particularly fun :rolleyes:

Thankyou. Please put a muzzle on Rotavele, before he/she/it makes a fool of themselves again.

We do not really do gag orders at Zenith and even if we did, I am not in a position to decide on them alone.

However, at this moment it should suffice to make it clear that Rotavele does not represent Zenith's government. In part because we don't have a position on the issue yet (even though I am quite confident it would coincide with my earlier statement) and also because, even if Rotavele would be voicing Zenith's opinion, the way in which it is currently communicated by him would most certainly not have been the way in which Zenith's government would have chosen to state its opinion on a matter that doesn't relate to us at all.

Edited by Suvorov

Sounds like after you're done with them, their heads aren't likely to be the only parts in jars. :awesome:

Now, a wise person/group uses second chances to start fresh and learn from their mistakes. Fortunately nobody ever accused Jarheads/Devil Dogs of being wise.

Happy hunting, NPO.

If you plan to take out my alliance, I'll blow you up. This is remarkably obviously a good CB.

In fact it's pretty much the one we used on Illuminati. Nobody whined then, so what are you talking about now?

Good luck to Pacificans in their search for targets.

I have no idea why you might be concerned about how many people were called up for a blitz. Now are we evil because we dont let our members have their beauty sleep?

Hostility-like remarks over a mere question is redundant.

Your "Casus Belli" is that they tried to take you out. Seriously do you think 90k NS and 50 members will take out 927 members at 21 million? Calling them Nazi's would have made a better casus belli <_< .

You know those guys who are uncomfortable with their size and yell "SIZE DOESN'T MATTER, IT'S HOW YOU USE IT?" Take that into consideration. NPO is merely attacking an alliance which directly threatened them. If an alliance didn't follow these actions and constantly allowed an alliance to threaten it and its inhabitants, the alliance in question fails to protect their members from any and all threats.

I think it's safe to say that most of us in the community would expect a better example of leadership from a world leader. As a chief pastor of world stability and peace, I would hate to think that at no point in time did the radical approach of attempting diplomacy would ever cross the minds of our world leaders.

With all of NPO's options on the table - demanding reparations, demanding replacement of Jarhead leadership, installment of a viceroy, and all of those other things that NPO does with unmatched skill and finesse, it has instead decided to go straight to war. And what's worse? Having forgone all of the more responsible paths that a world leader would be expected to take, and acknowledging the fact that the threat that was being posed against the Order was not a threat at all, NPO has stood by its failure to set a good example for others to follow.

While others plot to take down the Order, it's important to note that until there's an actual threat and diplomacy has failed, military action is not warranted. We, the CN community know this, and had hoped that NPO of all alliances, would know this as well. From this point on, NPO has lost every bit of its credibility as a responsible alliance in the eyes of many. For many others, this has already happened long ago.

Cheers, NPO !! Enjoy your military victory. We're enjoying your political defeat.

Did you read Moo's postings? If you honestly are saying you wouldn't attack an alliance for threatening yours twice now, remind me never to join an alliance you choose to lead, or ally to, respectfully. Viceroy? Waste of time my friend, this is the second time they have initiated serious actions, resulting in a logical CB in both situations. Their leaders represent their alliance, the members have chosen to join the alliance under their ideals, this is a spawning of an alliance which all once agreed to fight for their beliefs - something not entirely irrational, but is a threat towards NPO, whom also will fight for their beliefs. NPO was merciful enough to allow peace for irrational actions the first time, but now after receiving the peace, they abused the privilege and obviously learned absolutely squat from their previous actions. Demanding reparations? Why? So they could be considered tech mongers? Oh boy would they be attacked for this action as well. Demanding reparations towards an alliance which has threatened them twice now would be merely illogical and nothing short. Similar to all other alliances, NPO's primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of their own members. Now, I will never state NPO is perfect, I am sure their members will, but I will say they are completely rational to expose and eliminate a threat they once were merciful towards the individuals who abused the gift they received and once again made the same mistake.

Mercifulness and diplomacy only goes so far, take it from a Grämlin with the Codex. Too much diplomacy and allowing an enemy to make constant threats towards you numerous times without any imminent consequences isn't diplomacy, it is allowing to be stomped on and allowing a threat to rise. I could understand arguments with diplomacy for previous wars, but not with this situation. I am neither pro-NPO nor anti-NPO, I see them as another alliance which tries to strive for success by their means necessary in doing so. I am in an advantage because when one withholds animosity for another alliance, their views tend to go opposite of their 'opponent'. Logical and understandable, but in a sense, illogical because the anti-advocates will state the one which they oppose is making a mere mistake out of their own biased-view rather than the logicalness within the situation. Take a neutrel stance and any logical leader would never allow an alliance such as the Devildogs to make not once, but two mistakes in two different situations which exposed their motivation in the annihilation of an alliance, whether possible or not, a threat is a threat.