Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

That's going to leave a mark...

I love the smell of Cordite in the morning.

Seriously... Why do people keep trying to pull one over on the NPO... It clearly hasn't worked out well for anyone yet. What makes people think their attempt will end differently.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

long post

Did you even read what TrotskysRevenge just posted? Damn solid display, and it even demonstrates how gracious the NPO was in all of this the first go around with these losers. Well, I've made enough enemies for one night. You might want to pick your battles more carefully. :unsure:

I think it's safe to say that most of us in the community would expect a better example of leadership from a world leader. As a chief pastor of world stability and peace, I would hate to think that at no point in time did the radical approach of attempting diplomacy would ever cross the minds of our world leaders.

With all of NPO's options on the table - demanding reparations, demanding replacement of Jarhead leadership, installment of a viceroy, and all of those other things that NPO does with unmatched skill and finesse, it has instead decided to go straight to war. And what's worse? Having forgone all of the more responsible paths that a world leader would be expected to take, and acknowledging the fact that the threat that was being posed against the Order was not a threat at all, NPO has stood by its failure to set a good example for others to follow.

While others plot to take down the Order, it's important to note that until there's an actual threat and diplomacy has failed, military action is not warranted. We, the CN community know this, and had hoped that NPO of all alliances, would know this as well. From this point on, NPO has lost every bit of its credibility as a responsible alliance in the eyes of many. For many others, this has already happened long ago.

Cheers, NPO !! Enjoy your military victory. We're enjoying your political defeat.

I'm guessing you didn't read the OP or Moo's clarification. This further demonstrates the futility of the blackpebble collusion.

Did you even read what TrotskysRevenge just posted? Damn solid display, and it even demonstrates how gracious the NPO was in all of this the first go around with these losers. Well, I've made enough enemies for one night. You might want to pick your battles more carefully. :unsure:

Where does it say that there's a limit on how many times you can be gracious to someone?

Solidly Invalid. Case closed i need to get some shut eye. We can argue tommorow.

Honestly, what does it take to have a "valid" cb then? Is there such a thing for you, seeing as you seem to feel that this is an "invalid" cb? Would it take an entire alliance to declare on another before a cb is plausible to you?

If you Love NPO or hate them, anyone who thinks that the Jarheads getting rolled is unfair or unjust is ether stubborn or loony :excl:

Any alliance worth a damn would do the same thing if placed in NPO's shoes. :ph34r:

Where does it say that there's a limit on how many times you can be gracious to someone?

I think now it is a matter of when to be gracious. At this point, if I were anyone of any relevance here and not just some sleep-deprived rubbernecker, the only graciousness I'd show might be in surrender talks over their smoldering nations. They obviously did not get the message the first time around. I think I am a pretty compassionate person, too. :unsure:

I'm guessing you didn't read the OP or Moo's clarification. This further demonstrates the futility of the blackpebble collusion.

I'm hard-pressed to find any justification for a refusal of the exercise of diplomacy. They certainly deserved their stomping on the first go-around. How long ago was that now? How long must we hold a grudge? Why can't NPO just stomp someone and leave it be?

By these standards, an alliance could prolong its abuse of another alliance indefinitely. Instead, when this happens and then ends several months later, we call it "merciful"? If the NPO was as powerful as everyone thinks it is, then NPO could have just let them plot and suffer no harm from it.

I think now it is a matter of when to be gracious. At this point, if I were anyone of any relevance here and not just some sleep-deprived rubbernecker, the only graciousness I'd show might be in surrender talks over their smoldering nations. They obviously did not get the message the first time around. I think I am a pretty compassionate person, too. :unsure:

There ya go. Hes got it right. How many chances should they get? They got off last time and now they came back for a second try and got caught.

I'm hard-pressed to find any justification for a refusal of the exercise of diplomacy. They certainly deserved their stomping on the first go-around. How long ago was that now? How long must we hold a grudge? Why can't NPO just stomp someone and leave it be?

By these standards, an alliance could prolong its abuse of another alliance indefinitely. Instead, when this happens and then ends several months later, we call it "merciful"? If the NPO was as powerful as everyone thinks it is, then NPO could have just let them plot and suffer no harm from it.

In this case though I think its justified to hold a grudge as well. The first time they got caught. The were given a second chance. Mostly the same group of people came together and formed another alliance and did the same thing. And it wasn't a minor issue. Why not hold a grudge? If they were given another...a 3rd chance....theyd just go off and do it again. They can't let them go this time. They used their 2nd chance.

Also, sorry for the double post.

Edited by delgursh

In this case though I think its justified to hold a grudge as well. The first time they got caught. The were given a second chance. Mostly the same group of people came together and formed another alliance and did the same thing. And it wasn't a minor issue. Why not hold a grudge? If they were given another...a 3rd chance....theyd just go off and do it again. They can't let them go this time. They used their 2nd chance.

Also, sorry for the double post.

Indeed. I don't deny the notion that they need punishment. But it seems to me that the traditional practice of installing a viceroy to prevent repeat scenarios..... would have been a more viable option in this case. According to what you have said (which is correct), this approach has already been tried, and it obviously failed. So, why not try something else?

Frankly, if they were plotting to take down the NPO, diplomacy really doesn't matter. This isn't like a tech raid, or diplomatic disagreement. This alliance was apparently planning to do harm to the NPO. Like it or not, the NPO is not in the wrong here.

Also, if you want to maintain a sense of credibility, learn to pick your battles. Simply crying "NPO imperialism" or "PR move" whenever they do something isn't going to help your cause. In fact, it will only make you look like a stereotype (which will then make you look foolish) and weaken your message (whatever your message may be). Now I'm going to avoid going off on a tangent here, since what I am saying is simply common sense, and since I'm sure you know exactly what I am saying.

Indeed. I don't deny the notion that they need punishment. But it seems to me that the traditional practice of installing a viceroy to prevent repeat scenarios..... would have been a more viable option in this case. According to what you have said (which is correct), this approach has already been tried, and it obviously failed. So, why not try something else?

Actually, if I were in their place, I'd rather take a beat down than receive a Viceroy. Seeing as how they really have no infrastructure to lose, they can quite easily rebuild once the war is over. A Viceroy would be a complete surrender of sovereignty, which in my opinion at least, is much worse than losing the small amount of infrastructure they have.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:46:10 PM] xxxx says: we have 6000more people that have agreed

[4:48pm] MCRABT[iRON]: [12:46:15 PM] xxxx says: to join jarheads

wut

Walford's army of NONE nations :lol:

False edit: There are 5,6k of non nation in cybernations :o Run NPO :lol:

Frankly, if they were plotting to take down the NPO, diplomacy really doesn't matter. This isn't like a tech raid, or diplomatic disagreement. This alliance was apparently planning to do harm to the NPO. Like it or not, the NPO is not in the wrong here.

Also, if you want to maintain a sense of credibility, learn to pick your battles. Simply crying "NPO imperialism" or "PR move" whenever they do something isn't going to help your cause. In fact, it will only make you look like a stereotype (which will then make you look foolish) and weaken your message (whatever your message may be). Now I'm going to avoid going off on a tangent here, since what I am saying is simply common sense, and since I'm sure you know exactly what I am saying.

Actually, if I were in their place, I'd rather take a beat down than receive a Viceroy. Seeing as how they really have no infrastructure to lose, they can quite easily rebuild once the war is over. A Viceroy would be a complete surrender of sovereignty, which in my opinion at least, is much worse than losing the small amount of infrastructure they have.

Call it what you want. It doesn't change what's actually happened. A big, brave, and strong alliance would have looked at this and laughed. There was absolutely no way for this group to even scratch the might that is Pacifica. This is a fact that nobody is disputing.

How long will it take for this war to be over? FAN has been at war since the WUT was around. I can't for the life of me figure out how it is that forgoing diplomacy in this situation is acceptable. Apparently a complete surrender of sovereignty is what this group needs to get on the right track. We already know that beat-downs down do not grab the attention of jarheads.

Personally I dont think anyone who takes a forum down should ever get a second chance. When that same group reforms and tries the same thing again (attack NPO not take down the forum) they become indefensible. The people who do defend them to have a pop at NPO are seriously misguided and should remember their opinions today should they ever face a similar foe.

Personally I dont think anyone who takes a forum down should ever get a second chance. When that same group reforms and tries the same thing again (attack NPO not take down the forum) they become indefensible. The people who do defend them to have a pop at NPO are seriously misguided and should remember their opinions today should they ever face a similar foe.

I don't think you understand the mentality of jarheads. I do. This is only going to encourage their behavior. Deep down, I really don't think that NPO is interested in educating them or otherwise taking a form of action that would persuade them to behave differently. By no means am I defending their actions. But I do feel that an entity as strong as NPO would exercise a little more maturity in this situation, and come to some kind of reason with them. Does it have to? Certainly not. Do they deserve it? Affirmative. But true strength lies in patience and understanding. Had this happened the last time, they would not have plotted in the first place.

Edited for pixels.

Edited by Windsor

Call it what you want. It doesn't change what's actually happened. A big, brave, and strong alliance would have looked at this and laughed. There was absolutely no way for this group to even scratch the might that is Pacifica. This is a fact that nobody is disputing.

How long will it take for this war to be over? FAN has been at war since the WUT was around. I can't for the life of me figure out how it is that forgoing diplomacy in this situation is acceptable. Apparently a complete surrender of sovereignty is what this group needs to get on the right track. We already know that beat-downs down do not grab the attention of jarheads.

1. Alliance threatens to attack/plots against you.

2. Attacks your forums/membership.

3. Is actual let off to go their own way.

4. Gets caught attempting to do steps 1 & 2 again.

5. Fail.

Same people trying the same stunts. Trying to claim nothing was done is not even close to correct.

Also, I didn't see FAN in the OP <_<

1. Alliance threatens to attack/plots against you.

2. Attacks your forums/membership.

3. Is actual let off to go their own way.

4. Gets caught attempting to do steps 1 & 2 again.

5. Fail.

Same people trying the same stunts. Trying to claim nothing was done is not even close to correct.

Thank you for proving my point. Actions like this obviously do not work with these people. Did it occur to anyone that trying something new might get better results?

Thank you for proving my point. Actions like this obviously do not work with these people. Did it occur to anyone that trying something new might get better results?

You yourself commented on their mentality. Perhaps they would not have liked being lectured to by another alliance and would have plotted against them, attacked them and attacked their forum.