Oculus Third Decree

Letum

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official announcement by the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Multicolored Cross-X Alliance, Old Guard, North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Grand Global Alliance, Valhalla, and The Phoenix Federation:

Its a sad day for the above alliances, however, we are doing what is necessary after the events of the last 48 hours.

We have jointly announced that effectively immediately, we have cancelled our MADP treaties with the New Pacific Order. Reasons for these cancellations were conveyed via private channels.

I already linked it but since you're lazy, there.

I'll make it easy for you.

We were pissed at NPO.  Beyond pissed actually, and for good reason.  We'd known for a while that the Karma faction ready and setting up a trap.  NPO was warned.  NPO blundered into it anyway. 

What you linked to was a cancellation notice.  It was notification to NPO that we were done with them so far as the future was concerned.  What you are not mentioning is that we had every intention of entering the war anyway, it was just a question of where we would be entering the battle.  No one on the Karma convinced anyone on our side of the war that they had to fight.

Mushroom Kingdom and company sold the lie that the assembled alliances listed in that link were somehow cowards intent on hiding in peace mode until NPO was ash and only "shaming" got them to come out and take their medicine.  The truth is that we simply didn't want to fight the war on Karma's schedule.

That's it, the truth.  If you don't buy it, I honestly don't give a flying fuck.  It was years ago and is no longer relevant to current politics.

I already linked it but since you're lazy, there.

Ancient history but the cancellation was mostly a symbolic one - seeing as most if not all of those alliance jumped into the war. Old Guard hit Greenland Republic the next day in defense of NPO....and ended up taking the brunt of OBR's might in GR's defense. If I recall, TPF declared on Avalanche earlier in the day. IRON hit RoK and I'm pretty sure MXCA and GGA declared same day or the next.

It is easy to cherry pick something from 6 years ago and take it out of context.

Edited by EEjack

I'm done with the OWF for a few months.

We must have hit a nerve.

Caladine wouldn't sign off on such wreckless measures...

Allowing Monsters Inc. to defend GPA?

Hmmm, you're probably right.

There was a public treaty cancellation. It isn't cherry-picking when they publicly cancelled the treaty.

You realize most treaties have this clause called the Cancellation clause correct? You realize that the Cancellation clause stipulates how many days it takes for a treaty to be considered voided correct? You do realize that just because a treaty is publicly cancelled does not mean that the Cancellation clause is not in effect correct? By your posts, I am going to assume no, you don't know any of this. 

Really now, you're smarter than that. I won't insult your intelligence by explaining the point that was made.

The point us that Oculus has shown y'all are not above attacking unconnected alliances for no reason and have no qualms with returning to the style of play that dominated during the prekarma days. Therefore I have to and will take every threat to my loosely connected sphere seriously. Whether you believe the threats are credible or not is irrelevant unless you would like to let me into these backroom oculus meetings. Edited by Unknown Smurf

I, for one, find this thread very confusing.

Are we an awful hegemony for recklessly picking unnecessary fights with everyone we can hit, or are we an awful hegemony for being too cowardly to recklessly pick unnecessary fights?

Both.  We're very terrible.

I, for one, find this thread very confusing.

Are we an awful hegemony for recklessly picking unnecessary fights with everyone we can hit, or are we an awful hegemony for being too cowardly to recklessly pick unnecessary fights?

You're a hegemony that only picks easy fights and you backed out of a real one. Clearly.

I wouldn't call that awful though. Par for the course.

On paper, they are a hegemony, reality is debatable.

Hegemony in a true sense is more than a simple conglomeration of NS, there has to be something unifying in a cultural or ideological sense... the actual Hegemony was founded largely on a philosophy derived from that other realm from whence Pacifica and some other alliances originated. There needs to be a comprehensive worldview that glues together the dominant faction and propels it to act as a unit against external cultural or ideological threats.

Hegemony in a true sense is more than a simple conglomeration of NS, there has to be something unifying in a cultural or ideological sense... the actual Hegemony was founded largely on a philosophy derived from that other realm from whence Pacifica and some other alliances originated. There needs to be a comprehensive worldview that glues together the dominant faction and propels it to act as a unit against external cultural or ideological threats.

So ... On paper they're a hegemony, in reality debatable .. As Mogar said .. 

On paper, they have a "unifying cultural or ideological sense" ... In reality, they're fucking fractured already and can't get their heads out of their asses to maintain that ideological sense they unified under ...