Oculus Third Decree

Letum

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is referring to the disorder war. Might be wrong but that's what I tgink

It is, but it's still got no connection to anything ...

Doch says MI6 won't sign onto a war unless they feel it's worth it .... What's it gotta do with us "deserving" to get our butts kicked in Disorder? Nothing.

There's no correlation between this and that. Incoherent babbling ...

It is, but it's still got no connection to anything ...

Doch says MI6 won't sign onto a war unless they feel it's worth it .... What's it gotta do with us "deserving" to get our butts kicked in Disorder? Nothing.

There's no correlation between this and that. Incoherent babbling ...

As I mentioned I was just speculating at what he was on about. I actually can't be sure it's just speculation as a outside party looking in.

When a mentally unstable person threatens you with the capacity to back up those threats, while you're already engaged in another war, you don't go looking to open up yet another front. That NPO moved quickly to prevent this situation from escalating doesn't surprise me in the least and frankly anyone angry at them for doing so are simply wasting their energy over something they never had any control over anyway. It definitely would have been amusing had it come to blows instead of just words but it hasn't, and it's time to move on. Focus on fighting the wars you're currently in instead of lamenting over the ones that could have been.

You know, I have no problem with the solution as far as this peace.  Hail NPO!  Just wanted to make that clear (although I posted it above) before making my next comment.

Focus on fighting the wars you're currently in instead of lamenting over the ones that could have been.

War?  There is a war going on and we're not in it?  By all means, please PM me and provide suggestions of possible target not tied to an Oculus alliance in some fashion or the other. 

I personally don't mind sitting this one out, but it isn't exactly fair to tell most of the world to focus on fighting the wars we're currently in  when most of the world outside Oculus is at peace.

If you meant the comment to someone in war, sorry.  It wasn't clarified.

Edited by White Chocolate

You know, I have no problem with the solution as far as this peace.  Hail NPO!  Just wanted to make that clear (although I posted it above) before making my next comment.
War?  There is a war going on and we're not in it?  By all means, please PM me and provide suggestions of possible target not tied to an Oculus alliance in some fashion or the other. 

I personally don't mind sitting this one out, but it isn't exactly fair to tell most of the world to focus on fighting the wars we're currently in  when most of the world outside Oculus is at peace.

Wait we can go to war... damn I've been missing out.

*declares war on himself

Let me see if I understand everything.

Oculus and Monsters Inc declare peace.
Monsters Inc agrees to not reenter the conflict unless a treaty is activated. Oculus agrees to nothing.

You know what we called that back in the day? Monsters Inc surrendering, though no one wants to admit that now and calls it white peace. Terms albeit it light terms are still terms. Some of Oculus will agree with this and most everyone else will not. Thus is the OWF.

Monsters Inc's best contribution would have been to make unreasonable demands to the point Oculus would not accept them and have Bones enter. Instead they did a little leg humping at best and got shook off.

Summation: Everyone loses.

Let me see if I understand everything.

Oculus and Monsters Inc declare peace.
Monsters Inc agrees to not reenter the conflict unless a treaty is activated. Oculus agrees to nothing.

You know what we called that back in the day? Monsters Inc surrendering, though no one wants to admit that now and calls it white peace. Terms albeit it light terms are still terms. Some of Oculus will agree with this and most everyone else will not. Thus is the OWF.

Monsters Inc's best contribution would have been to make unreasonable demands to the point Oculus would not accept them and have Bones enter. Instead they did a little leg humping at best and got shook off.

Summation: Everyone loses.

are you that *)#)$)(*# dumb?

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

I would ask you the same question, but I am already certain of the answer. You agreed to terms. Don't be salty at me about it.

certain?

I addressed your very same butt hurt ealier in thread.

If you'd like more clarification- [OOC: tons of forum and in-game messages regarding burnthetech and the fear of NPO regarding their top tier]

Per IC- you had the opporuntity to get more targets, and you bowed out like a little $)*#

What? Now we have y'all goin with this line? What exactly did I avoid? Do tell. What did I rant and rave about that was not on point? 

Saxasm- now this is ranting and raving and incoherent babbling.

You know, I just think you're pissed off that the cavalry isn't coming in to save you.

I have to ask: If MI6 was issued an ultimatum, would they be stupid enough to not do what was demanded just because it was demanded?

Because if you would, I've got a few ultimatums of my own to make.

In any case, BONES wouldn't be much of a cavalry. (Tbh, SPATR in general wouldn't be much of a cavalry, but since it seems BONES was making an ultimatum on behalf of only himself, let's just focus on him for the moment)

Looking at the numbers, using only NPO nations, the net result of BONES hitting NPO resulting in a two month conflict is BONES losing 30,000 tech and the NPO losing 36,000 (split between 11 nations). Given how small those losses are, I doubt the possibility of his entrance to the war factored into Oculus' considerations.

As for the rest of SPATR; well, they have four super tier nations and two borderline super tier, with the rest of their nations being irrelevant. Even if it was just SPATR v. NPO, the NPO would easily be able to deal with those six nations, but since it would not be just SPATR v. NPO the combined top tiers of NPO, IRON, Umbrella, Sengoku, DT etc etc etc would do it with the net effect on each of the individual alliances being almost non-existent while SPATR would be safely wiped out.

There is absolutely no reason to believe that the possibility of either BONES or SPATR entering into the war would cause Oculus to give peace to an alliance they weren't already willing to give peace to. But, believe what you will; reality is so cumbersome anyway.

certain?

I addressed your very same butt hurt ealier in thread.

If you'd like more clarification- [OOC: tons of forum and in-game messages regarding burnthetech and the fear of NPO regarding their top tier]

Per IC- you had the opporuntity to get more targets, and you bowed out like a little $)*#

Bones is a paper tiger. I am sure he'll come in a few hours or days and suggest otherwise, but he has been spouting stuff about hitting people on the OWF for close to six months and he hasn't.

I fail to see how you accepting surrender terms is Oculus bowing out. Bones got a false sense of ego inflation and you got to accept the terms given to you. Monsters Inc was not the focus of the war and you were gotten out of the way to allow the original objective to continue.

Let me be clear. Monsters Inc entry to this war had no impact or relevance. Your only chance of that ended when you accepted the terms given to you of no re-entry. If you felt so strongly about your case perhaps you should not have surrendered? What did your entry to the war do besides result in your surrender? Did you save TPF? No. Did you save MI6? No. Did you save STA? No.

To answer your question about Bones. Sure he could damage the upper tier of Oculus with his alliance, but he wouldn't as he does not have the nations to do so effectively. Further, he wouldn't risk being beat down into the regular tier and becoming average at best. (I agree he would bring a lot of people down with him, but he values his status too much to risk it seriously.)

Bones is a paper tiger. I am sure he'll come in a few hours or days and suggest otherwise, but he has been spouting stuff about hitting people on the OWF for close to six months and he hasn't.

I fail to see how you accepting surrender terms is Oculus bowing out. Bones got a false sense of ego inflation and you got to accept the terms given to you. Monsters Inc was not the focus of the war and you were gotten out of the way to allow the original objective to continue.

Let me be clear. Monsters Inc entry to this war had no impact or relevance. Your only chance of that ended when you accepted the terms given to you of no re-entry. If you felt so strongly about your case perhaps you should not have surrendered? What did your entry to the war do besides result in your surrender? Did you save TPF? No. Did you save MI6? No. Did you save STA? No.

To answer your question about Bones. Sure he could damage the upper tier of Oculus with his alliance, but he wouldn't as he does not have the nations to do so effectively. Further, he wouldn't risk being beat down into the regular tier and becoming average at best. (I agree he would bring a lot of people down with him, but he values his status too much to risk it seriously.)

Hartw and Pansy were both in the peace talks- i would be more than delighted if they shared those same talks and we can point out where you get "surrender" from

( I know it's tough for you to swallow- but facts get in the way of your delusional ego)

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

I'm not interested in what you think is fair and I certainly do not care enough to go through the effort of addressing my posts to anyone by name when it isn't necessary. I hope this helps.

Hartw and Pansy were both in the peace talks- i would be more than delighted if they shared those same talks and we can point out where you get "surrender" from

( I know it's tough for you to swallow- but facts get in the way of your delusional ego)

What was Monsters Inc objective in entering the war?
Did you accomplish it?

These are relevant questions. Your continued deflection and posturing is not. I fail to see an ego? I admit that Bones could do a lot of damage if he wanted to. Sure he could probably burn 14k tech off my nation in a cycle. We're in range.

The simplest thing I can suggest for you so that you know this for the future and are not tricked again is for you to do some research.

Go to the CN wiki. Look through other major wars, in the bottom of the entries they have links. Look at other alliances that accepted no re-entry clause and see what it's called. It's a Term of Surrender that eventually got morphed into the phrase "white peace" to allow alliances to save face. Edited by Shimmer

What was Monsters Inc objective in entering the war?
Did you accomplish it?

These are relevant questions. Your continued deflection and posturing is not. I fail to see an ego? I admit that Bones could do a lot of damage if he wanted to. Sure he could probably burn 14k tech off my nation in a cycle. We're in range.

The simplest thing I can suggest for you so that you know this for the future and are not tricked again is for you to do some research.

Go to the CN wiki. Look through other major wars, in the bottom of the entries they have links. Look at other alliances that accepted no re-entry clause and see what it's called. It's a Term of Surrender that eventually got morphed into the phrase "white peace" to allow alliances to save face.

quit trolling... when you show up with facts to a thread, then i will take you seriously

I had a strange dream last night wherein I inherited an ancient oriental shape shifting monkey from my father that sent messages to me through a calculator if I crushed a faerie in my hand and rubbed its blood on the keys. The messages came out in a strange script I didn't recognize, so it was a challenge getting them translated. I'd go through the hassle of attempting to find out what it meant, and despite the seemingly consequential method of delivery, the message was always something like "I want to be fed" or "too bad there aren't any ancient oriental shape shifting monkey females in the area tonight."

The facts of the case are clear. They are not in dispute.

You know, I just think you're pissed off that the cavalry isn't coming in to save you.

I have to ask: If MI6 was issued an ultimatum, would they be stupid enough to not do what was demanded just because it was demanded?

Because if you would, I've got a few ultimatums of my own to make.

In any case, BONES wouldn't be much of a cavalry. (Tbh, SPATR in general wouldn't be much of a cavalry, but since it seems BONES was making an ultimatum on behalf of only himself, let's just focus on him for the moment)

Looking at the numbers, using only NPO nations, the net result of BONES hitting NPO resulting in a two month conflict is BONES losing 30,000 tech and the NPO losing 36,000 (split between 11 nations). Given how small those losses are, I doubt the possibility of his entrance to the war factored into Oculus' considerations.

As for the rest of SPATR; well, they have four super tier nations and two borderline super tier, with the rest of their nations being irrelevant. Even if it was just SPATR v. NPO, the NPO would easily be able to deal with those six nations, but since it would not be just SPATR v. NPO the combined top tiers of NPO, IRON, Umbrella, Sengoku, DT etc etc etc would do it with the net effect on each of the individual alliances being almost non-existent while SPATR would be safely wiped out.

There is absolutely no reason to believe that the possibility of either BONES or SPATR entering into the war would cause Oculus to give peace to an alliance they weren't already willing to give peace to. But, believe what you will; reality is so cumbersome anyway.

Yet, despite all of that, y'all caved quicker than anything I have ever seen. 

As for ultimatums- why you asking MI6? Y'all put yourselves in the situation of getting an ultimatum not MI6. Trying to deflect your actions onto MI6 is getting pretty fucking old. 

Yet, despite all of that, y'all caved quicker than anything I have ever seen. 

As for ultimatums- why you asking MI6? Y'all put yourselves in the situation of getting an ultimatum not MI6. Trying to deflect your actions onto MI6 is getting pretty !@#$@#$ old. 

As I said, believe what you will. But what you believe is not reality.

Also, answer the question (though, deflecting by accusing us of deflection is amusing)

Edited by Caladin

I answered the question actually. Just because the answer does not fit whatever narrative you are trying to spin means very little to me. Though just to make it clear- the answer is: 

MI6 would not have been in this situation. Oculus was in it because of going to war against 2 alliances they thought they could hit with very little interference. MInc entered and hit Oculus because of that. MInc then got away with nothing more than a harsh finger wagging because Oculus shit themselves at the prospect of losing much more tech to Bones/SPaTR and possibly others such as NEW/Kaskus. 

So, there is no deflection by anyone but Oculus. You can keep saying there is, but only an idiot actually believes any of the shit Oculus is saying right now.

The whole "white peace" term is just a way for both sides to come out looking better in the wash. In reality all it is is both sides agreeing to end their conflict without further repercussions, but every single "white peace" the side with the larger numbers always places the no reentry term into the "white peace" so at best it's an "off-white peace" where the the larger entity is having the smaller one surrender and not continue fighting in any phase of the conflict. By calling it "white peace" it makes the winning side seem more gracious and lenient and gives the losing side more room to try to save face with. It just gets ridiculous when the losing side starts beating it's chest over semantics that were only meant to have the conflict end more leniently than enforcing harsher terms.

Edited by Monty of the Herm