Oculus Third Decree

Letum

Uhhhh.

Why would we declare three more wars on each before the first wars expire?

Also, go look at the numbers I ran for BONES; they're accurate for the most part, though they underestimate by maybe 10% for bones and 20% for NPO (the NPO nations, due to their superior numbers, will break through their opponents fleets relatively quickly and then be able to run battle support, while neither side includes CM's or GA's)

To put it simply, SPATR is no threat to either the top tier of NPO or Oculus - the most damage they could reasonably deal is 150,000 tech over two months, and that is considerably less than the NPO imports in that period.

The only damage you could do to those nations is one nuke a day and whatever cms you could land. The massive land numbers would mean they'd never lose a ground battle to anyone in your top tier. In the meanwhile, they'd suck down every nation they dow'd. The ones who weren't doing the nuking would probably do less than 10000 damage in a cycle and take more than 10 times that. You'd have to face a nuke, a defeat alert or big losses on the ground. Air defeats, Whatever cms they'd land. Round after round. Look at how much damage Trojans did fighting them and he was on their tier. Still, they ground him to nothing before he left the planet, and took down multiple 40,000-55,000 tech nations and all of them are basically unblemished from it.  Bones alone could eventually be handled, when you start talking about 5 or 6 nations, if not more, of that size, it'd be lights out for dozens of your nations.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not seeing a PR nightmare in letting someone leave with a 70% NS haircut, although I've never been much of a PR man so I will happily let the others debate that.

70% sounds good till you realise that its only 150k NS, I know begging for white peace with Minc is better than losing 10 times and more that NS.

70% sounds good till you realise that its only 150k NS, I know begging for white peace with Minc is better than losing 10 times and more that NS.

Fortunately, we had Methrage to witness that wasn't the case.  Cannot say enough for his willingness to help.

Fortunately, we had Methrage to witness that wasn't the case.  Cannot say enough for his willingness to help.

This showcases the spinning your side has been attempting to do to clean up such a terrible PR reputation.

I only hope someone takes over NPOculus with more of a vision... with more of a passion... if only there was someone better than Letum...

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Those losses may seem significant, and with the small numbers we have it is expected for those number to be volatile- In short, all it really did was plant us into a soft lower tier where our nuclear nations / wonder heavy nations had opportunities to fight non nuclear nations with more-than-enough money flowing in. We knew that would occur and I told members not to re-buy infra- just sink and enjoy.

And the peace talks- Oculus attempted to waterboard M Inc by bringing Methrage in before morning coffee. The 'agreed to non re-enter the war' was simply because we didn't expect to, unless the conditions of the agreement were broken.

And I agree, the talks were easy- SPTR gave us the option on what we wanted to do- we weighed both options and felt that a PR nightmare was the better option. It did more damage that the whole TPF/MI6/STA coalition could have done (and it did).

I really hope this comment receives the attention it deserves. For being Grub supporters, I see no reason why Calidin is not put into power over at NPO. 

In a non sarcastic tone, Calidin can 'run the numbers' all he wants- everything looks good on paper, what he doesn't grasp is that NPOs top tier would actually have to burn- and let's face it... people like Malstrom Vortex would actually have to burn, you know, the idiot who always screams he 'loves war'....

calidin could shove numbers up his ass- and malstrom would still be hovering to enter peace mode.

let me repeat that... malstrom vortex....

let me repeat this.... Calidin for NPO emperor!

Oculus- may your break up be slow and painful.

Now you're just showing how young and oblivious you are... If anyone knows what it means to burn on Planet Bob it's the NPO. We were rolled by 26 different alliances in Karma for about four months then forced to pay reparations for another nine months after that with just the tech reparations from that being the equivalent of 120% of our NS before that war ever started. Then we burned again in DH, then again in Disorder. Most of TPF's good reputation was built from standing by our side while we burned when no one else would. So you really just need to call it a day... seriously. You're not helping yourself or the people you're trying to support by bashing their own reputation.

Edited by Monty of the Herm

I'll give Methrage one thing: I bet he's never banned someone from his irc channel for saying gays are people too!

I don't know what context this happened in (nor do I particularly care to speculate), but something tells me the ban was more because of who you are than what you said Rey. If you actually have a serious grievance with this and aren't just trying to score easy political points, query/PM me and I'll address it.

Back to the issue at hand: Oculus gave white peace to a micro that aggressively attacked them without a CB because they don't want to fight in the super tier. You guys are a joke of a hegemony. But please, keep spinning; I'm sure someone, somewhere, will believe you. Eventually.

Well, don't forget that TPF had to be shamed into defending NPO back in Karma. Along with MCXA and a few others.

Your current alliance really isn't one to speak of honoring past treaty obligations.

I don't know what context this happened in (nor do I particularly care to speculate), but something tells me the ban was more because of who you are than what you said Rey. If you actually have a serious grievance with this and aren't just trying to score easy political points, query/PM me and I'll address it.

Back to the issue at hand: Oculus gave white peace to a micro that aggressively attacked them without a CB because they don't want to fight in the super tier. You guys are a joke of a hegemony. But please, keep spinning; I'm sure someone, somewhere, will believe you. Eventually.

Maybe he's referring to another time (who can keep up with how many times we've banned him?), but I'm the one that banned him from our channel and is keeping it that way. And you are correct that it's because of who he is and not one specific comment.

Your current alliance really isn't one to speak of honoring past treaty obligations.

Hell, even his second last AA sat out the last war and watched 2 allies burn.

Plus he's Marx and automatically loses every debate based solely on that.

I will admit I played a role in Oculus giving Monsters Inc peace rather than keep them at war, as it was proposed by me. I have friends in Monsters Inc, Sengoku & SPATR. BONES wanted Monsters Inc to get peace and I agreed with him on not wanting to see MI get destroyed. So I got in touch with friends in Sengoku and Monsters Inc to see if both sides wanted peace.

Peace followed shortly after.

So it is indeed true I played a big role in peace being reached. I can be a peace maker when dealing with reasonable parties.

I didn't plan to take credit for playing a significant role in getting MI & Sengoku to achieve peace, since helping my friends is a reward in itself. However I will back your claim it was me who asked both sides to white peace each other. Sengoku was in no way begging, but they did listen to good points I brought up regarding it.

I think all 3 alliances should conserve their strength for future wars.

And the peace talks- Oculus attempted to waterboard M Inc by bringing Methrage in before morning coffee.

I'm not sure how me confirming whether you guys would accept peace has anything to do with waterboarding. I didn't try to pressure you, if anything I pushed for them to give you peace if you wanted it & stayed mostly silent in the public IRC room.

SPATR could of hurt Oculus, but the result would of been SPATR also would have taken major damage as well. (Possibly some of their allies taking a major hit as well)

If you think Oculus is a bad hegemony, they are much more tolerable than any who have come before them going by their actions so far.

Continuum & Doom House/Pandora`s Box, demanding massive reps from those they attacked. M16 & TPF don't go out of their way to assist anyone unless required by treaty. Not our fight. Edited by Sephiroth

Hell, even his second last AA sat out the last war and watched 2 allies burn.

Plus he's Marx and automatically loses every debate based solely on that.

You might be used to turning on your allies when it's politically expedient, but so far that hasn't even entered my mind as an option. If you're still bitter about that decision it must have been the right one. IRON and other clowns were angry we wouldn't just throw our support behind them in that war and frankly, Umbrella signing with NPO just before the start is the only reason your side won. I can't think of any reason why you feel like you having something to run your mouth about considering NATO's history is littered with incompetence and brown-nosing to survive.

You might be used to turning on your allies when it's politically expedient, but so far that hasn't even entered my mind as an option. If you're still bitter about that decision it must have been the right one. IRON and other clowns were angry we wouldn't just throw our support behind them in that war and frankly, Umbrella signing with NPO just before the start is the only reason your side won. I can't think of any reason why you feel like you having something to run your mouth about considering NATO's history is littered with incompetence and brown-nosing to survive.

You keep ripping on NATO when responding to me, I know reading is tough, but Doom Kingdom does not spell NATO.

The only reason I'm bitter about you bailing on your allies last war was a missed opportunity to wreck that shit stain of an AA before it imploded due to incompetence.

Umbrella is also the main financer of the Rogue Satanic GOONS Faction.

If anyone wants to hit Oculus, hitting NPO is pointless. Umbrella/GOONS have rogue control over the black team; keeping nations sanctioned on black based on whims. Due to their rogue attacks and rogue sanctions, I don't think anyone who matters would want to assist them.

Edited by Sephiroth

Umbrella is also the main financer of the Rogue Satanic GOONS Faction.
If anyone wants to hit Oculus, hitting NPO is pointless. Umbrella/GOONS have rogue control over the black team; keeping nations sanctioned on black based on whims. Due to their rogue attacks and rogue sanctions, I don't think anyone who matters would want to assist them.

How is this post relevant to the topic at hand?

The GOONs you are currently hitting isn't the same GOONs who merged into umbrella.

And the nauseating reality is while you have worked hard to campaign against GOONs, the reality is that FARK as done more damage to the rouge entity and they haven't even said a peep.

You're not fighting goons- they have no government , it's just a band of rogues.

Please, please, please- do not turn this topic into a roll goons crusade. It's not the place or time for that.

How is this post relevant to the topic at hand?

The GOONs you are currently hitting isn't the same GOONs who merged into umbrella.

And the nauseating reality is while you have worked hard to campaign against GOONs, the reality is that FARK as done more damage to the rouge entity and they haven't even said a peep.

You're not fighting goons- they have no government , it's just a band of rogues.

Please, please, please- do not turn this topic into a roll goons crusade. It's not the place or time for that.

They are getting sent money with troops from Umbrella, military aid to assist in their roguery.

Also it was relevant because Berber's brought them up. Only reason I'm making a second post on this is to explain the connection.

Edited by Sephiroth