Oculus Third Decree

Letum

You might be used to turning on your allies when it's politically expedient, but so far that hasn't even entered my mind as an option. If you're still bitter about that decision it must have been the right one. IRON and other clowns were angry we wouldn't just throw our support behind them in that war and frankly, Umbrella signing with NPO just before the start is the only reason your side won. I can't think of any reason why you feel like you having something to run your mouth about considering NATO's history is littered with incompetence and brown-nosing to survive.

You honestly cannot sit on the AA you sit on and discuss betraying allies. I mean did you actually keep a straight face while you wrote that first line? 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You honestly cannot sit on the AA you sit on and discuss betraying allies. I mean did you actually keep a straight face while you wrote that first line? 

He's free to have subjective viewpoints based on his own preferences and he is primarily speaking from the viewpoint of being  in GOONS in the last war, which he was called out on. He doesn't have everything right in terms of things GOONS wasn't involved since he didn't have access to all of the information because he reentered gov after things kicked off, but he isn't speaking from an Umbrella viewpoint, but rather purely as Emperor Marx who was in GOONS when the events in question occurred.  Your interpretation of what constitutes Umbrella having betrayed x, y, z therefore doesn't enter the equation as it ignores the context of his comment.

Wasn't Umbrella in Q despite hating NPO from the start? Speak of Betrayals.

Wrong. Umbrella was never in the Continuum. I think you're thinking of a different alliance, Methrage.

Edited by Monster

Umb was defacto Q due to citadel and Q having 3-4 overlapping members iirc. 

You could argue that it looked like that due to TOP/Gre/OG being in it, but there was usually a lot contention within the Citadel between the Q signatories and non-Q signatories. In several instances, the bloc members(particularly FCC) took very distinct stances/did not participate in military actions as a result. The decision to join Citadel was not framed as one to tie ourselves to Q sigs, but rather just to be in a bloc with similarly composed/oriented alliances that we had built relations with.

You keep ripping on NATO when responding to me, I know reading is tough, but Doom Kingdom does not spell NATO.

The only reason I'm bitter about you bailing on your allies last war was a missed opportunity to wreck that !@#$ stain of an AA before it imploded due to incompetence.

I made the mistake of assuming you were still in that particular garbage dump and didn't know you moved on to another one.

I know you were never particularly good at politics but the decision we made to sit out the war was far better than picking either side. As for GOONS choosing to disband instead of allowing inertia to carry us forward when most of the members no longer wanted to put in the time or effort to manage the alliance, I'd say that's a decision that was well made. Those that wanted to either stick around or simply wanted to see what would happen (like me) as a result of this absurd super-bloc joined alliances like Umbrella or VE. I don't believe it would have been fair for the rest of the membership, and especially for the government, to try to force people that simply no longer cared, including the government, to suddenly start caring again. We accomplished a lot through Doom House and we angered a lot of uptight spergs like yourself throughout our existence. There isn't much left keeping the world interesting now and frankly, it's only going to continue becoming more monolithic and boring. So our official goodbye could be read something like this: C ya l8r, nerds.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not) but MI6 attempted to blackmail Umbrella so they dumped you. RIP in pepperoni, you.

I made the mistake of assuming you were still in that particular garbage dump and didn't know you moved on to another one.

I know you were never particularly good at politics but the decision we made to sit out the war was far better than picking either side. As for GOONS choosing to disband instead of allowing inertia to carry us forward when most of the members no longer wanted to put in the time or effort to manage the alliance, I'd say that's a decision that was well made. Those that wanted to either stick around or simply wanted to see what would happen (like me) as a result of this absurd super-bloc joined alliances like Umbrella or VE. I don't believe it would have been fair for the rest of the membership, and especially for the government, to try to force people that simply no longer cared, including the government, to suddenly start caring again. We accomplished a lot through Doom House and we angered a lot of uptight spergs like yourself throughout our existence. There isn't much left keeping the world interesting now and frankly, it's only going to continue becoming more monolithic and boring. So our official goodbye could be read something like this: C ya l8r, nerds.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not) but MI6 attempted to blackmail Umbrella so they dumped you. RIP in pepperoni, you.

Wait, I thought it was over Operation: Goliath. That is what Roq and TimLee told me at least. 

I think you might be onto something here. It's almost like people don't really care whether MInc got beat up or not.

What if...and I'm reaching here... they're pointing out that it looks silly to gleefully throw your weight around against MI6 and TPF, but suddenly turn into forgiving good guys ones BONES threatens you.

Again, I'm just spitballing here, maybe they're actually huge MInc fans.

We have a Cult following

Wait, I thought it was over Operation: Goliath. That is what Roq and TimLee told me at least. 

It depends on what their narrative for abandoning their allies is on a given day. My personal favorite is lack of communication. Umbrella's shameless opportunism and intentional shirking of treaty obligations (pretending they don't exist when convenient, actively undermining allies while allied, cancelling on the eve of war etc) is a known quantity, which makes it all the more funny to watch them bother trying to defend their sordid record. Edited by IYIyTh

Now you're just showing how young and oblivious you are... If anyone knows what it means to burn on Planet Bob it's the NPO. We were rolled by 26 different alliances in Karma for about four months then forced to pay reparations for another nine months after that with just the tech reparations from that being the equivalent of 120% of our NS before that war ever started. Then we burned again in DH, then again in Disorder. Most of TPF's good reputation was built from standing by our side while we burned when no one else would. So you really just need to call it a day... seriously. You're not helping yourself or the people you're trying to support by bashing their own reputation.

NPO had it coming to them...

In MI6's case, they have been perfect angels and Umbrella framed them

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

NPO had it coming to them...

In MI6's case, they have been perfect angels and Umbrella framed them

I was pointing out the fact that NPO's burned numerous times which for some reason you had no clue about in your post I responded to. Sure we were ebil, but we had allies like TPF you're so gallantly defending now right alongside us at the time and their good reputation was built burning with us when few others would so you dragged TPF's reputation through the mud by claiming NPO doesn't know what it means to burn or get rolled.

Edited by Monty of the Herm

He's referring to the catalyst of the final decision. Knowing about OG(moreso the FA plan tied to it, which was an issue of contention in the recent Sengoku-MI6 drama) definitely made it more pressing to act on the incident referred to, but given we didn't have the full intelligence it was not actionable on its own as it was not available to us in the form of logs that have now seen daylight, MI6 was given the benefit of the doubt for as long as humanly possible despite there having been accusations towards MI6 from third parties well before we took action.  There have always been multiple reasons that tied into each other.

I was pointing out the fact that NPO's burned numerous times which for some reason you had no clue about in your post I responded to. Sure we were ebil, but we had allies like TPF you're so gallantly defending now right alongside us at the time and their good reputation was built burning with us when few others would so you dragged TPF's reputation through the mud by claiming NPO doesn't know what it means to burn or get rolled.

Actually- I know NPO has burned in the past, I don't live under a rock.

Ironically- the one alliance who was with you in your darkest moment (TPF) is now at the end of your blade. You can say TPF was guilt tripped into defending you- and so was iron...

In short, you didn't burn enough. And a key word in NPO is 'karma' (facepalm)

"...various wrongs have been perpetuated by the Hegemony, which by and large went unopposed due to an inability to hold them accountable either diplomatically or militarily. Among these injustices include the practices of curbstomping smaller alliances..." Edited by Lord Hitchcock

You could argue that it looked like that due to TOP/Gre/OG being in it, but there was usually a lot contention within the Citadel between the Q signatories and non-Q signatories. In several instances, the bloc members(particularly FCC) took very distinct stances/did not participate in military actions as a result. The decision to join Citadel was not framed as one to tie ourselves to Q sigs, but rather just to be in a bloc with similarly composed/oriented alliances that we had built relations with.

I don't know anything about that situation tbh. I think that stuff is old enough where you could release all the relevant logs and entertain the masses such as myself as to what really went down as this world nears it's end.

If argent, hartfw and NPO are cool with that of course. Edited by Unknown Smurf

I don't know anything about that situation tbh. I think that stuff is old enough where you could release all the relevant logs and entertain the masses such as myself as to what really went down as this world nears it's end.

If argent, hartfw and NPO are cool with that of course.

You forgot to edit your post with something on-topic :P

I'd be interested in seeing old drama logs, but only if they were framed in a nice way. I can't stand massive log dumps like I want to read through 1000 lines of nerds talking when there's only like 3 lines of actual content.

#raisethestandards

edit for the mods: The hashtag is directed at the topic of this post as well as wrapping up my off-topic post.

Edited by Master Holton

SPATR has many friends you guy's don't even know.
We talk an agreement was reached.
And some guys just wish to blow it out of proportion.

I'm not saying i even like New Pacific order.
But they we're very respectful and honest.
I'm done with the OWF for a few months.

Actually- I know NPO has burned in the past, I don't live under a rock.

Ironically- the one alliance who was with you in your darkest moment (TPF) is now at the end of your blade. You can say TPF was guilt tripped into defending you- and so was iron...

In short, you didn't burn enough. And a key word in NPO is 'karma' (facepalm)

"...various wrongs have been perpetuated by the Hegemony, which by and large went unopposed due to an inability to hold them accountable either diplomatically or militarily. Among these injustices include the practices of curbstomping smaller alliances..."

We haven't burned enough? Why? Because we're back in a position of power again after more than 6 years of struggle to get back to where we were before Karma?

When you say, "what he doesn't grasp is that NPOs top tier would actually have to burn- and let's face it... people like Malstrom Vortex would actually have to burn, you know, the idiot who always screams he 'loves war'...." you're implying we don't know what it means to burn and we haven't been rolled in the past where our top tier has burned numerous times and was forced to pay out reparations that were more accounted for more NS than we had in the war when it started. We were forced to zero tech as an alliance and beyond.

Sure TPF was one of our strongest supporters through all of that when we were ebil, and apparently from how much you're spewing we're back to being ebil again, but there is actual legitimate reasons behind this conflict. The reason TPF was preempted was out of respect for the fact that we know just how loyal TPF are as allies and that they would've joined this conflict on their own terms regardless of how much MI6 tried to get them to stay out of it.

And now you don't really have any part in this conflict since you accepted the no reentry clause of the terms Oculus gave you so I don't see how you're relevant to this conflict at all at this point since you bowed out after barely eight days of actual fighting.

And now you don't really have any part in this conflict since you accepted the no reentry clause of the terms Oculus gave you so I don't see how you're relevant to this conflict at all at this point since you bowed out after barely eight days of actual fighting.

You seem to be misinformed, or you are trying to spin it. As I'm sure the irc logs will pop up soon enough.

The agreement was white peace, no reps. I also noted that we would 'enter again' if SPTR or NEW were hit and Smurf also added FAN and Stripes to that list.

^are you reading this correctly you tunnel-visioned moron. There was no 'no re-entry clause' it was us stating proactively that we would stay out unless the above scenarios that WE stated, occured. It wasn't some demand brought up by your side.

Read the logs and try again. Edited by Lord Hitchcock

You seem to be misinformed, or you are trying to spin it. As I'm sure the irc logs will pop up soon enough.

The agreement was white peace, no reps. I also noted that we would 'enter again' if SPTR or NEW were hit and Smurf also added FAN and Stripes to that list.

^are you reading this correctly you tunnel-visioned moron. There was no 'no re-entry clause' it was us stating proactively that we would stay out unless the above scenarios that WE stated, occured. It wasn't some demand brought up by your side.

Read the logs and try again.

You could add GPA to the list, hope you see the point. Good face saving measure I suppose.