Latest War -- War chart and propaganda and such thread

hartfw

This thread was created for a different war than either of the current wars, so he can post propaganda in this thread.

Ehh, I think this thread was just overall devoted to the MInc/LN/CA saga of wars. Each was in a way inter-related.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehh, I think this thread was just overall devoted to the MInc/LN/CA saga of wars. Each was in a way inter-related./

SNX was in BC and BC was abandoned not long before SNX was attacked. So just like there might of been a loose association between the LN/Mi-DS War, LN-III%/FAN/Dreamweaver War, Mi vs TSO War and the LN/CA/Mi vs PPO/SRA War; it is related in regards to SNX's former BC membership & our war with SRA not being over yet.

Besides, do we really need several propaganda threads open at once?

Edited by Methrage

SNX was in BC and BC was abandoned not long before SNX was attacked. So just like there might of been a loose association between the LN/Mi-DS War, LN-III%/FAN/Dreamweaver War, Mi vs TSO War and the LN/CA/Mi vs PPO/SRA War; it is related in regards to SNX's former BC membership & our war with SRA not being over yet.

Besides, do we really need several propaganda threads open at once?

I'm not sure if you of all people should be the one talking about having more threads up than is necessary.

So propaganda.  Here is some.

You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Libertarian Empire. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to target and destroy $640,779.98 in enemy money reserves. Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.

I wonder how long he can fight me.  In about 15 hours EMPS start falling on his pathetic self.

Edit:  Fixed drunkin typos.

Edited by smurthwaite

So propaganda.  Here is some.

I wonder how long he can fight me.  In about 15 hours EMPS start falling on his pathetic self.

You forgot to include these

TO: Methrage | FROM: Smurthwaite
TYPE: Night-Time Ground Battle | DATE: 7/12/2015 12:01:07 AM 

You have been attacked by Smurthwaite. 

You lost 2,670 soldiers and 195 tanks. You killed 7,068 soldiers and 944 tanks. Their forces razed 0.000 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.000 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained $1,076,426.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment.

In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

TO: Methrage | FROM: Smurthwaite
TYPE: Night-Time Ground Battle | DATE: 7/12/2015 12:00:58 AM 

You have been attacked by Smurthwaite. 

You lost 4,985 soldiers and 185 tanks. You killed 12,851 soldiers and 1,943 tanks. Their forces razed 0.000 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.000 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained $1,142,072.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment.

In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Methrage From: Unknown Sender Date: 7/11/2015 3:41:38 PM

Subject: Spy Operation Attack
Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. The attacking spies were given the following order: Destroy Money Reserves. In the attack your counter intelligence systems prevailed and managed to thwart the attack although we are not sure who launched this attack.

To: Methrage From: Unknown Sender Date: 7/11/2015 3:41:54 PM

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. The attacking spies were given the following order: Destroy Money Reserves. In the attack your counter intelligence systems prevailed and managed to thwart the attack although we are not sure who launched this attack.

To: Methrage From: Smurthwaite Date: 7/12/2015 12:02:20 AM

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. The attacking spies were given the following order: Destroy Money Reserves. In the attack your counter intelligence systems prevailed and managed to thwart the attack. Your counter spies managed to kill 20 enemy spies.

1/4 spy ops attempting to destroy my reserves, while losing 20 spies in the process; I don't think counts as a success. Also Land/Tech/Infra: Smurthwaite 618.32 Strength Lost Libertarian Empire 0.00 Strength Lost.

Day 2 of the war already. Edited by Methrage

It does when you're almost bankrupt.

smurth, start assassinating his spies. That way, he has to choose between blowing $2 mil to buy 20 more spies (i.e. nearly 4 times as much as you destroyed) or let you compromise his intelligence security.

Edited by USMC123

It does when you're almost bankrupt.

smurth, start assassinating his spies. That way, he has to choose between blowing $2 mil to buy 20 more spies (i.e. nearly 4 times as much as your destroyed) or let you compromise his intelligence security.

Meth is always almost bankrupt.

And you, sir, just demonstrated more military competence than I have seen from their entire alliance to date. They might (and should) erect statues in your honor for that tip.

On the other hand their competence at propaganda must be given due props. They picked a fight with a group of micros a fraction of their size, that had just fought first TSO then III% et al back to back expecting us to cave quick and yet seem to have half or more of you convinced they are defending.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[6/1/2015 12:00:04 AM] Rob Lowe: Sigrun is female.

[6/1/2015 12:00:06 AM] Jspex: She

[6/1/2015 12:00:09 AM] ben.hitchcock: no

[6/1/2015 12:00:11 AM] ben.hitchcock: he

[6/1/2015 12:00:23 AM] ben.hitchcock: sigrun is a fictional 'she' but he's a he in RL

[6/1/2015 12:00:33 AM] ben.hitchcock: just never fixed it per RP sake

[6/1/2015 12:00:04 AM] Rob Lowe: Sigrun is female.
[6/1/2015 12:00:06 AM] Jspex: She
[6/1/2015 12:00:09 AM] ben.hitchcock: no
[6/1/2015 12:00:11 AM] ben.hitchcock: he
[6/1/2015 12:00:23 AM] ben.hitchcock: sigrun is a fictional 'she' but he's a he in RL
[6/1/2015 12:00:33 AM] ben.hitchcock: just never fixed it per RP sake

Why is this a thing anybody should really give a fuck about?

Smurthwaite vs Libertarian Empire
War Reason: Peace Negotiations
War Declaration Date: 7/11/2015 3:36:39 PM

7/12/2015 4:20:35 PM Smurthwaite
Nuclear Attack Thwarted

7/12/2015 4:20:25 PM Smurthwaite
Nuclear Attack Thwarted

7/12/2015 4:20:03 PM Smurthwaite
Nuclear Attack Thwarted

7/12/2015 4:18:16 PM Smurthwaite
Nuclear Attack Thwarted

Libertarian Empire NS Strength Lost. 0.00 NS Strength Lost

Interesting way of trying to negotiate peace, maybe day 3 he will get  some damage? I would think with his huge warchest and buying himself to double my NS right after declaring, he would of done some damage by now at least. :P

Why is this a thing anybody should really give a $%&@ about?

Thank you.

As I have explained clearly to everyone that has ever actually asked about it, I am a male player, who initially thought people would actually RP here and happened to use a female character (as a result of a d4 roll) when signing up. I actually do like to RP and for the handful of you that do as well I am usually happy to bring Sigrun Odensdotter Vapneir av Moussings back for a chat, but I havent actually expected it for many years.

I've found that while most people have no problem understanding that and simply shrug and move on, a few, (it seems to be particularly males who are very insecure about their own sexual identity) just blow a fuse instead. Xanth has clearly blown a fuse.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Destruction between SRA & LN so far, (NS Damage Dealt)

Limitless Nexus (65,973.90) 17 Declared

Screaming Red Asses (64,428.68) 21 Declared

https://cybernations.lyricalz.com/alliance-damage-compare?alliance1=Screaming+Red+Asses&alliance2=limitless+Nexus+&start=2015-05-30&end=2015-07-24

Destruction between SRA & LN so far, (NS Damage Dealt)

Limitless Nexus (65,973.90) 17 Declared

Screaming Red Asses (64,428.68) 21 Declared

https://cybernations.lyricalz.com/alliance-damage-compare?alliance1=Screaming+Red+Asses&alliance2=limitless+Nexus+&start=2015-05-30&end=2015-07-24

Walsh asked a long time ago for you to provide genuine stats. Glad you're obliging him. Now I want more comics!

Saw this in another thread:

the typical day in a Monster's Life...

wake up, gouge eyes out to whatever margrave is trying to say in a weird "i'm trying to sound sophisticated" way

and then....

and-then-pin.jpg

Thought it was less accurate than this:

CgCip3m.png

Edited by Walshington

Walsh asked a long time ago for you to provide genuine stats. Glad you're obliging him. Now I want more comics!

Problem is, they aren't accurate. Let me rephrase that:  they're accurate, but they are only half the story. That tool only calculates damage done when by the alliance that is attacking, and not damage done to the attacking alliance by the nations they attacked.  It is essentially only a record of how much damage the nations who have declared have done -- if I declare on you and do 1200 NS damage, but you do 22,000 NS damage back, the 22K doesn't get recorded.  That's why you have to do it manually, which after over 150 wars I have lost the interest in doing.  Would love to see it, though.

Problem is, they aren't accurate. Let me rephrase that:  they're accurate, but they are only half the story. That tool only calculates damage done when by the alliance that is attacking, and not damage done to the attacking alliance by the nations they attacked.  It is essentially only a record of how much damage the nations who have declared have done -- if I declare on you and do 1200 NS damage, but you do 22,000 NS damage back, the 22K doesn't get recorded.  That's why you have to do it manually, which after over 150 wars I have lost the interest in doing.  Would love to see it, though.

"Yes, those stats are accurate.... But... But... But...." -Walsh the Ispineverythingaround

"Yes, those stats are accurate.... But... But... But...." -Walsh the Ispineverythingaround

that's more of a clarification of the statistics, than a spin. I'm starting to think you don't know what the term spin actually means... 

let's go to the all mighty google!

In public relations, spin is a form of propaganda achieved through providing a biased interpretation of an event...

In this case, posting statistics in a way that favours the person posting said statistics would be the spin. More specifically stats, which only show damage done by the offensive party. (See Methrage's OP)

Walsh never said we'd be out-damaging your coalition, nor did he make any reference to WHO would be higher in numbers. He simply stated that the numbers would look much different if they took into account all sources of damage. One could call it propaganda in that he was trying to defend our side by stating the stat's were not complete, but it's hardly a spin. 

Edit: tried fixing the first sentence after the definition, but it looked even worse. It's a mess, but I feel like people know what I mean.

Edited by gowfanatic

Well !@#$ I've got nothing planned this Saturday morning, so lets crunch some numbers as curious:

SRA vs Others:

Total Damage Dealt: 489,862 NS

Toal Damage Recieved: 515,560 NS

PPO vs Others:

Total Damage Dealt: 35,473 NS

Toal Damage Recieved: 59,382 NS

Kashmir vs Others:

Total Damage Dealt: 188,112 NS

Toal Damage Recieved: 196,201 NS

TLB vs Others:

Total Damage Dealt: 3,081 NS

Toal Damage Recieved: 11,185 NS

Overall Damage:

Total Damage Dealt: 716,528 NS

Toal Damage Recieved: 771,143 NS

Difference in favour of Others: 54,615 NS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: All stats are from the Dreamweaver incident (Since 6/7/15) and "Others" are Methrage and Co....Damages have been deducted for and against by nations non affiliated to either side.

Edited by the rebel