We have a 2319

Seriously?

God knows, every time NPO raids small alliances and decides to crush them because they won't pay tech to make the raids stop they get away with it. Why shouldn't Monster Inc?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not how it works and that has essentially never been how it works, and frankly you know better.

It has nothing to do with raiding alliances having some special status either. Any alliance can have a member launch wars that they were not supposed to do - even alliances that do not allow raiding at all! Show some common sense. I've had raiders hit my AA many times launched from a variety of AAs. Not once did it lead to full out warfare, and only once did I even have to threaten it. The first thing you do is contact the AA you see on the declaration and ask them what's up? Very often that is all you have to do to bring the incident to a satisfactory close, yet it seems to be the one thing SWF just did not want to do.

You are mistaking diplomatic convention for a 'hard rule-set'.

Not to mention the fact that it wasn't a sole MI nation hitting SWF.

You are mistaking diplomatic convention for a 'hard rule-set'.

Not to mention the fact that it wasn't a sole MI nation hitting SWF.

It's convention for a reason. When someone deviates from it like this, one may be forgiven for wondering why.

I've already said that SWF is *within their rights* to choose war instead of negotiations, if that is really what they want to do that's a choice to be respected.

I just do not think they can have it both ways. If they are so hard up for action they would rather escalate than resolve the problem diplomatically, that's fine, but let's be honest about what is going on and not pretend they are helpless victims who had no other option.

That is about the dumbest most hypocritical statement I have ever seen on planet bob

Yeah, NPO and all their senseless raids on micros!

Er, wait. How is he being hyprocritical? Edited by Neo Uruk

Most nations do. I was in the tiny minority that did not until recently - admin and Walford combined to change my mind. But that's another subject.

The thing is you have every right to take it as an act of war, and retaliate against the raider, but when you start attacking other nations that are not involved (without first giving his alliance any chance to disavow the attack) YOU are no better. The nations on the MInc AA that were hit out of the blue are just as much victims here as the SWF nations that were initially abused are.

IF you had first reached out and failed to get a satisfactory response, THEN started attacking? Ok, harsh but necessary.

IF you had simply limited initial responses to hitting the nations *actually involved* and held off on attacking the rest of the AA until the situation could be clarified, that too would have been defensible.

But why go wreck uninvolved nations without first making any attempt at diplomacy? That's a pretty bloodthirsty response. Trying to prove a point?

if "uninvolved Monsters, Inc." are victims, it is still a consequence of fellow Monsters, Inc. members' actions

if "uninvolved Monsters, Inc." are victims, it is still a consequence of fellow Monsters, Inc. members' actions

A consequence of both the wrong actions of a couple of fellow MInc members AND wrong actions by SFW members as well.

Without both, they would not have been touched.

Oskar you need to calm down. Monsters inc, along with Doom Kingdom are respectable alliances, and people from both are personal friends. Both alliances have helped us out in many ways. You need to give respect where its due. Although they are not "offical" allies, I still consider them friends, and so does RUKUNU. Any farmer raids or other disrespect towards them is unacceptable. Monsters inc had helped in the armpit war more then you have. Hit those guys and chill on the forums. If you disrespect DK, or Monsters again I'll have to boot and raid you, and I dont want to because I feel your heart is in yhe right place, but your misguided. If you must go off do it on people we dont like, not the ones we do.

Oskar you need to calm down. Monsters inc, along with Doom Kingdom are respectable alliances, and people from both are personal friends. Both alliances have helped us out in many ways. You need to give respect where its due. Although they are not "offical" allies, I still consider them friends, and so does RUKUNU. Any farmer raids or other disrespect towards them is unacceptable. Monsters inc had helped in the armpit war more then you have. Hit those guys and chill on the forums. If you disrespect DK, or Monsters again I'll have to boot and raid you, and I dont want to because I feel your heart is in yhe right place, but your misguided. If you must go off do it on people we dont like, not the ones we do.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/126523-we-have-a-2319/?p=3379845

I was just messing with him bro and didn't even consider that anyone would think I was serious about us DoWing on AnimalZ... :v:

I hope this whole incident blows up.

Right?  What Bob needs more than anything is an unscripted, out of the blue war that no one saw coming.  Shake things up a bit -- I had high hopes for the Guinness-Lavender Town War, and was disappointed.  Same with the FAN-UCRaine War.  When this one doesn't escalate, we can all go back to our regularly scheduled plotting for the next big pre-determined,coalition war, all the while complaining about how stagnant Bob has become.

A consequence of both the wrong actions of a couple of fellow MInc members AND wrong actions by SFW members as well.

Without both, they would not have been touched.

What are you saying...those SWF nations were prancing around wearing raid me shoes?

What are you saying...those SWF nations were prancing around wearing raid me shoes?

You're being absurd and you know it.

Supertramp and Valeyria hit Alexshinia. They shouldnt have done that, and everyone has acknowledged that. Alexshinia was the subject of an unjust attack and deserves compensation.

Then Nikolayev SSR hit Infernal Empire and Sycorax. That also should not have been done, and that should be acknowledged. Infernal Empire and Sycorax had nothing to do with the offense, and were subjects of unjust attack just the same as Alexshinia was.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

Well since L_H of MI attacked a LSF dude does that trigger their mDPs? :popcorn:

Well actually LSF sent new attacks during the cease fire we had in place, SWF has been he only one to hold to the ceasefire, as of right now before our final round of talks tonight 6 pm. To my knowledge LSF was apart of this ceasefire in place.

So if we take the knowledge that LSF is SWF, and vice versa. SWF failed to keep the ceasefire while we negotiated a final rep number that was being gotten ready to be paid by myself.

Also it depends on how we view the new attacks via LSF, they can claim all they want to be one alliance, we can choose how we see it. We're not apart of their little club, and we see them as two different AAs, but if they want to be viewed as one their MDPs already were triggered. Edited by BringMeTheHorizon

You're being absurd and you know it.

Supertramp and Valeyria hit Alexshinia. They shouldnt have done that, and everyone has acknowledged that. Alexshinia was the subject of an unjust attack and deserves compensation.

Then Nikolayev SSR hit Infernal Empire and Sycorax. That also should not have been done, and that should be acknowledged. Infernal Empire and Sycorax had nothing to do with the offense, and were subjects of unjust attack just the same as Alexshinia was.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

*ahem*

Or you are too stupid to realize that we don't care.

Since you are so vigorously defending them, this would seem to apply to you as well.

Lo, how the Moralist have fallen....

*ahem*

Since you are so vigorously defending them, this would seem to apply to you as well.

Lo, how the Moralist have fallen....

Not sure how you are misreading but the context was the SWF/LSF relationship. Whether they want to think of themselves as two alliances with an MDP that has autoactivated, or they prefer to think of themselves as one alliance that occupies two AAs, is ultimately irrelevant to MIncs position.