We have a 2319

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's convention for a reason. When someone deviates from it like this, one may be forgiven for wondering why.

It's convention because it is cheaper from a time and in-game point of view for most alliances. That is the only reason. If setting up counters was quicker than demanding 45m, then counters would be the convention.

This way, those uninvolved LSF/SWF nations can grow their nations in peace without being subjugated to war due to overaggressive attacks by Minc members.

Fixed this by stepping back in time a few pages. Edited by Stanger

We did enforce our policy- raid at your own risk. Had they of gotten ZId we wouldnt have cared. They know the risks

It's when they hit nation associated with the initial conflict that we hit swf as an alliamce wide matter.

Twist it, turn it, recite our charter and all the paperwork you want- it still doesn't change anything

What are you talking about?

It's convention because it is cheaper from a time and in-game point of view for most alliances. That is the only reason. If setting up counters was quicker than demanding 45m, then counters would be the convention.

Fixed this by stepping back in time a few pages.

Shut up and attack my alliance

Shut up and attack my alliance

Do you play dodgeball in rush hour traffic in your spare time? Or are you trying to get the FA job for your AA? :ehm:

What's a matter? you jelly bro? penut butter belly jelly?

I like the way you talk Uh-Huh! :awesome:

Escalation during the Beer Guzzlers War didn't happen as we had utterly broken Guinness and destroyed the North Star Federation sufficiently.

NSF capitulated so fast, and hard it was just plain old sad. 

Well, yes.  But NSF had allies in GATO, ODN, UCR and TSK.

Golly jee, king zog. There you go making stuff up again.

If you can point out one factual error I'd love to see it. I guess what I'm saying is, if you're going to say I'm making things up, then show me what I've pulled out of thin air.

Did you attack SWF/LSF? Why yes, you did. Were those attacks identifiable as raids? Check the DoW reasons and I think you'll agree that the answer is, "No."

Did your members engage in attempted extortion? They sure did.

Were SWF/LSF within their rights to attack you back? Absolutely.

Is your DoW based on those legitimate responses to your attack on a treatied alliance? Yes.

Are you complaining that people aren't honoring a ceasefire that only you agreed to? Yes, you sure are.

Does all of this amount to the wailing of a bunch of crybabies that their intended target(s) didn't just roll over? Well, I suppose that's a matter of interpretation. However, the fact that you (collectively) continue to defend the actions of your rogue members does tend to undermine your credibility. (Oh no, my mistake. You took away their freedom to raid for an entire month! That doesn't amount to a tacit defense of their actions at all.)

Does Nordreich is part of DL?

Is there a secret treaty between NoR and the commies?

Are they coming for their rescue?

These are the real questions that need an answer soon.

Edited by Capibara

Did your members engage in attempted extortion? They sure did.

We aren't the barbaric raiders you attempt to make us out to be. In fact, for the most part we are pretty refined gentlemen and reasonable to get along with. Was the extortion of tech good? No, we frown upon it, and the nation didn't know- and we told him not to do it again.

When I was in LavenderTown I remember Chow used to extort tech from helpless nations- who would then send 100 tech and he'd still nuke them. So, I would like to point out that we are relatively civil.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

We aren't the barbaric raiders you attempt to make us out to be. In fact, for the most part we are pretty refined gentlemen and reasonable to get along with. Was the extortion of tech good? No, we frown upon it, and the nation didn't know- and we told him not to do it again.

Does it bother me? Not really- when I was in LavenderTown I remember Chow used to extort tech from helpless nations- who would then send 100 tech and he'd still nuke them.

So, I would like to point out that we are relatively civil.

Relatively civil?  How does that justify anything?  No one seems to be claiming you're barbaric anything, they're just claiming you are thoroughly in the wrong in this situation.  Claiming that really, compared to some, you're normally pretty good guys doesn't change anything; it's just a straw man.

Relatively civil?  How does that justify anything?  No one seems to be claiming you're barbaric anything, they're just claiming you are thoroughly in the wrong in this situation.  Claiming that really, compared to some, you're normally pretty good guys doesn't change anything; it's just a straw man.

Our members raid, when they are in the wrong- we deal with it internally. Had SWF came to us, we would have solved it quick. When two of our nations not associated with the conflict were hit- we deal with it externally.

Preach all you want, but last I checked you and Nordeichs last wars were in a 'world war' which was triggered with no CB. Why? because apparently "that's how planet bob works for most AAs". We do not conform to those sets of rules.

The only reason we need a world war anyways is because alliances like you have locked the treaty web up so bad (by the way, you need a bigger avatar) that it's gotten to the point that it's the only way bigger alliances can even get involved with page stretching- with seeking decent peace terms. Let's face it, your biggest activity at the moment is collecting every 20 days and sticking your thoughts into other thread's activity.

We put our members first, it's why we've grown so fast, and maintained membership. So you worry about your senseless no CB wars and we will worry about our more personal fights.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Does Nordreich is part of DL?

Is there a secret treaty between NoR and the commies?

Are they coming for their rescue?

These are the real questions that need an answer soon.

oh crap, they are on to us :ph34r:

When I was in LavenderTown I remember Chow used to extort tech from helpless nations- who would then send 100 tech and he'd still nuke them. So, I would like to point out that we are relatively civil.

So the claim to fame is "we don't suck as much as generalchow"? Very low bar you have set there.

( and yes you are barbaric raiders. Beano does this same act over and over again - I am horribly out of the loop and even I know his particular song and dance routine. Raid, act surprised, pretend to politic, complain, get angry and act justified. Rinse repeat. )

Our members raid, when they are in the wrong- we deal with it internally. Had SWF came to us, we would have solved it quick. When two of our nations not associated with the conflict were hit- we deal with it externally.

The problem is that all throughout this thread you have claimed much more than this. You have claimed that SWF was in the wrong for retaliating, but they were most certainly within their rights to do so as a sovereign alliance.  The onus is not on the defender to sort things out, the onus is on the attacker.

Preach all you want, but last I checked you and Nordeichs last wars were in a 'world war' which was triggered with no CB. Why? because apparently "that's how planet bob works for most AAs". We do not conform to those sets of rules.

The only reason we need a world war anyways is because alliances like you have locked the treaty web up so bad (by the way, you need a bigger avatar) that it's gotten to the point that it's the only way bigger alliances can even get involved with page stretching- with seeking decent peace terms. Let's face it, your biggest activity at the moment is collecting every 20 days and sticking your thoughts into other thread's activity.

We put our members first, it's why we've grown so fast, and maintained membership. So you worry about your senseless no CB wars and we will worry about our more personal fights.

Your argument has now devolved to pure straw men and ad hominems. The fact that you now have to resort to claiming that you're in the right because I am in an alliance that has done things that you believe to be wrong is telling. Here's a hint, irrespective of anything I or my alliance has done, deflecting will not change the current situation.

Edited by HM Solomon I

Hmmm... Interesting because we stated they had the right as so did we. Also the situation is resolved.

My thoughts on your planet bob life style was basically summarizing that we don't give a damn about your 2 cents

Hmmm... Interesting because we stated they had the right as so did we. Also the situation is resolved.

My thoughts on your planet bob life style was basically summarizing that we don't give a damn about your 2 cents

You had the right to attack them unprovoked?

Also good to end the discussion with we don't care after spending 14 pages making it very clear you do care.

oh crap, they are on to us :ph34r:

/me goes to delete all posts and then claim to have been 'hacked'

We aren't the barbaric raiders you attempt to make us out to be.

Actually, I thought I made it pretty clear that you were behaving like a bunch of whiny crybabies.

Edited by kingzog