GPA Nation DoWed?

Tehmina

I know that it is a deceptive ruse, just as TidyBowlMan used a one man AA in peace mode while being masked on the NG forums as a member. However, it is a symbolic victory against DBDC, because it would have been a sign of strength and confidence for Cubaquerida to keep him on the DBDC AA.

How is it remotely symbolic? If this is something that DBDC does time and again, it is not any sort of victory. It is the practiced norm of DBDC. It is what they do. Trying to claim any sort of victory is foolish. 

I am well aware of the mechanics of the situation. I am pointing out your ignorance because it is clear that you are ignorant of the mechanics. Simply put, you have no idea how a war at large tech differentials works.

For the benefit of those who are similarly ignorant, your scenario would work roughly like so:

Six GPA nations of roughly 20k-30k tech launch an update attack:
* Cruise missiles: due to IMS, roughly 12 of 24 get through, for roughly 200 tech damage.
* Bombing runs: irrelevant, neither side is concerned about infra.
* Ground attacks: oya will be rebuying soldiers constantly throughout update; GPA would be lucky to gain victories in 4 out of 24 attacks, stealing roughly 300-400 tech, depending on underdog victories, etc.
* Nukes: oya can only be hit with one nuke; standard nuke would do about 500 tech damage, EMP would do 1000.

Oya's ground attacks in response, I would be shocked if he lost more than two-thirds of the battles. Being conservative, say he only gets half, and steals 2k tech.

For the slower dragon wannabes in the audience, that's oya conservatively gaining 2000 tech for optimistic losses of 1600 tech. He'll be gaining 400 tech. Every. Day.

Your math is wrong. Say you are correct in how it all goes down- 200*12= 2400 tech alone this is 400 tech more than what you state oya would win. Add in even 4 victories of 300 tech plus the 1k EMP nuke and you are at 3700 tech loss per day, not 1600.

I do agree that it would be wiser to keep all 3 of oya's defensive slots full since it would ensure that oya runs out of nukes faster.Not only that, but it ensure that oya gets nuked every day. All it takes in one bad day for GPA for their guy to run through 10 nukes in order to nuke oya. Plus oya spying away nukes will mean the GPA nation hitting may not be capable of nuking oya every day. 

We also have the IMS to consider. Getting in a grand total of 7 cruise missiles every round ensures that oya loses minimal tech. Getting in 21 cruise missiles will help decrease the amount of tech he gains. Going for no GAs is smart since oya would win those and it does help keep his gains to nothing really. But if jraener's calculations are correct 21 CMs doing 200 tech per week is far better than 7 CMs doing 200 tech per week. 

If done correctly with 3 GPA nations on oya, oya could potentially lose around 10k tech per round. (21 CMs times 200 tech and 6 nukes time 1k tech) At the low end, you are looking at around 7k tech per round. (21 CMs times 200 tech and 6 nukes times 500 tech)

It honestly benefits GPA more to maintain full defensive slots on oya than just a single defensive slot. The more tech they burn from oya, the less damage his nukes will do later on. If he runs out of nukes, only keeping one guy on oya means he can easily restock nukes since his land amount alone will make it very hard to spy away his nukes. Thus giving oya only a single nuke target means that he won't run out that fast at all. 

As for oya gaining tech back, if all GPA nations maintain 0 soldiers, it will result in a single defeat alert which only destroys. Oya would gain nothing from the battle so he won't be able to offset his losses. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a sensible move. Prob cannot have enough soldiers to win GA's, and thus to prevent DBDC stealing land he sold of all his soldiers, which also caused his anarchy.

C'mon Caladin. I love GPA too, and even I cannot defend that strategy. 5 nations can't coordinate 10 ground attacks? They should be looting from him.

Your math is wrong. Say you are correct in how it all goes down- 200*12= 2400 tech alone this is 400 tech more than what you state oya would win. Add in even 4 victories of 300 tech plus the 1k EMP nuke and you are at 3700 tech loss per day, not 1600.

Doc, the 200 tech is the total loss from the 12 cruise missiles. Not 200 tech each. They are CMs, not low-tech nukes.

Fighting for only a couple rounds is the issue for GPA, if they do this then basically as soon as oya runs out/low on nukes they peace out. PlaY right into what he wants (or atleast what I would want if I were in his shoes).

Disclaimer: I'm just saying what we all know to be true. I don't care for neutral sovereignty or the "destruction of dbdc" crowd.

Once's he's low on nukes, he will on average land .8 nukes a day (2 nukes x 40% shot of getting past SDI.)

If he's only fighting one person at a time, he'll land one nuke a day.

The difference is only .2 nukes a day.  Unless he gets unlucky against SDIs, running out of nukes won't make much difference.

C'mon Caladin. I love GPA too, and even I cannot defend that strategy. 5 nations can't coordinate 10 ground attacks? They should be looting from him.

oya has 61k tech and 200k land. He'll have more citizens from land than most GPA nations will have from infra. This means he will have at least double the soldiers/tanks of any potential GPA challenger. The tech advantage has him doing 2-3 times the damage of anyone else GPA may throw at him.

So yeah, five nations cannot coordinate ten ground attacks. Whomever has the misfortune of starting with the highest odds will lose both attacks, with odds somewhere in the 15-20% range. After the first three get their attacks in, the other two may have a shot at 40-50% odds.

Meanwhile, oya will get odds in the 70-90% range whenever he chooses to deploy. He'll probably run cautious attacks for the first 4-6 attacks, then run aggressive to run down deployed troop levels and re-buy defenders.

Grinding out damage on the ground is the wrong way to go when you are facing that large of a tech and land deficit.

Doc, the 200 tech is the total loss from the 12 cruise missiles. Not 200 tech each. They are CMs, not low-tech nukes.

meh, never had 30k tech so was not sure. so my bad. Don't have the damage info anymore but fairly certain I was losing close to 20 tech per CM from Rhizo's 22k tech. So yeah, now that I think about it, I completely fucked up the math on the CMs. hahaha.

oya has 61k tech and 200k land. He'll have more citizens from land than most GPA nations will have from infra. This means he will have at least double the soldiers/tanks of any potential GPA challenger. The tech advantage has him doing 2-3 times the damage of anyone else GPA may throw at him.

So yeah, five nations cannot coordinate ten ground attacks. Whomever has the misfortune of starting with the highest odds will lose both attacks, with odds somewhere in the 15-20% range. After the first three get their attacks in, the other two may have a shot at 40-50% odds.

Meanwhile, oya will get odds in the 70-90% range whenever he chooses to deploy. He'll probably run cautious attacks for the first 4-6 attacks, then run aggressive to run down deployed troop levels and re-buy defenders.

Grinding out damage on the ground is the wrong way to go when you are facing that large of a tech and land deficit.

And a nuke sending home his deployed forces?

GPA is without a doubt playing this correctly.  To the people that say otherwise just prove that they have no idea what they are talking about.

If you want to try to run GAs against him, the only smart way to do it, is wait till you have 3 GPA nations that are past 12 days uncollected.   But even that, the advantage Oya has with his huge amount of soldiers, thanks to his infra, and his ridiculous amount of land, not to mention the fact that he has 30-50k more tech than his opponents is crazy.

During war, I fight guys that I have a 8-10k tech advantage on, and they need around twice the number of troops that I have to pull even close to even odds in a GA.  If you had a 30k tech advantage on top of land and everything else... forget about it, they have no chance until they can run him down big time.

Fighting one on one, Oya will run out of nukes eventually, so when he gets to the point where he has 1-3 nukes on average, that single GPA nation will be able to avoid eating a nuke atleast 2 days during that week possibly more if they get lucky, and they have 25 nukes to work with, which while possible to run out, its much more unlikely that they wont be able to land a nuke every day.

And a nuke sending home his deployed forces?

Sammy, you know i love you... but its called an FSS

Also take a second and look at Oya's population, he has over 550k citizens in his city,  The largest GPA nation currently fighting him has 270k citizens.  That difference is ridiculous.  Even after a nuke that will cut his soldiers in half, GPA's strongest fighter may have 20-30% odds. The ability of any of them to win GAs is extremely low. even after coordination. 

I forgot who said it earlier, but yes they might be able to win 3-4 GAs out of 10 if they get lucky.   And Oya will win ALL 10 of his attacks, which means the tech GPA gains from winning 4 GAs will be quickly regained by oya winning 1 or 2 of his GAs.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D

Why would GPA nations even run GA's, it's useless. It doesn't benefit them at all. Why give him more land/tech to be nuked away. If you Just sit at 0 soldiers, run Air, CMs, and Nukes, you'll damage his land, and tech without him gaining anything. Even if they are 13 days+ trying to run GA's really does nothing to help GPA. Having three people declare once a day in succession and running everything besides GA's will be great for GPA to do. Keep him in anarchy, cycle people in, and out. Drain his nukes so he can't attack you, because he can't GA you if you have no soldiers you even mitigate damage that way. 

... :smug:

I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your theories and strategies on how to take me down.  Most of which were incredibly wrong, and a tiny few which made some sense.  None of which would've actually worked, but I applaud the effort regardless.

Edited by o ya baby

Meanwhile the GPA nation that countered him has peaced out.

So much for that counteroffensive.   <_< 

Have patience, Hal. :P

Prob is a man with a plan. Edited by Kurdanak

It was resolved diplomatically.  

Valhalla is free to engage DBDC if you want some true entertainment.  I hear you guys think you are still at war with us.  Be thankful we don't press that issue out of respect to some mutual allies.

meh, never had 30k tech so was not sure. so my bad. Don't have the damage info anymore but fairly certain I was losing close to 20 tech per CM from Rhizo's 22k tech. So yeah, now that I think about it, I completely $%&@ed up the math on the CMs. hahaha.

At 28k tech I do around 10 tech per CM, for reference. Without 5 missile defense improvements this would increase to 20 tech per CM and then you can take into account satellites and naval support to get the raw damage for tech per CM at different tech tiers. Also, the Interceptor Missile System wonder is absolutely useless.

Proof:

Technology: 28,597.91

To: Masterfod    From: SpacingOutMan    Date: 1/4/2015 12:01:00 AM

Subject: Cruise Missile Strike

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by SpacingOutMan. You lost 0 defending tanks, 10.05 technology, and 49.12 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Masterfod    From: SpacingOutMan    Date: 1/4/2015 12:00:50 AM

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by SpacingOutMan. You lost 0 defending tanks, 10.05 technology, and 49.12 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Masterfod    From: SpacingOutMan    Date: 1/3/2015 10:57:17 PM

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by SpacingOutMan. You lost 0 defending tanks, 10.03 technology, and 49.01 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Masterfod    From: SpacingOutMan    Date: 1/3/2015 10:57:12 PM

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by SpacingOutMan. You lost 0 defending tanks, 10.03 technology, and 49.01 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.
Edited by SpacingOutMan

It was resolved diplomatically.  

Valhalla is free to engage DBDC if you want some true entertainment.  I hear you guys think you are still at war with us.  Be thankful we don't press that issue out of respect to some mutual allies.

I got that, thanks.

Your boss was the one who made the sweeping DoW. If you now say we are at peace, then we're cool with that. Thanks. As you point out, we have mutual allies and there should never be conflict between us.

FYI: Nothing I said in this thread was disrespectful toward DBDC, any DBDC member, or anyone formerly or presently headed back to DBDC. So your saber rattling is hardly necessary.

I got that, thanks.

Your boss was the one who made the sweeping DoW. If you now say we are at peace, then we're cool with that. Thanks. As you point out, we have mutual allies and there should never be conflict between us.

FYI: Nothing I said in this thread was disrespectful toward DBDC, any DBDC member, or anyone formerly or presently headed back to DBDC. So your saber rattling is hardly necessary.

You know I just love you, man.  Saber has been placed in storage.

At 28k tech I do around 10 tech per CM, for reference. Without 5 missile defense improvements this would increase to 20 tech per CM and then you can take into account satellites and naval support to get the raw damage for tech per CM at different tech tiers. Also, the Interceptor Missile System wonder is absolutely useless.

Proof:

Technology: 28,597.91

To: Masterfod    From: SpacingOutMan    Date: 1/4/2015 12:01:00 AM

To: Masterfod    From: SpacingOutMan    Date: 1/4/2015 12:00:50 AM

To: Masterfod    From: SpacingOutMan    Date: 1/3/2015 10:57:17 PM

To: Masterfod    From: SpacingOutMan    Date: 1/3/2015 10:57:12 PM

Thanks SOM. Considering Rhizo coordinated well with the other 3 nations I was fighting with, it can be hard to keep track of where all the damage I was taken was coming from hahaha. I probably mixed up tech for infra. 

Meanwhile the GPA nation that countered him has peaced out.

So much for that counteroffensive.   <_< 

It wouldn't surprise me to find him in the middle of the arena yelling at the crowd.

are+you.png

He followed orders when engaging and he followed orders when disengaging. We're disciplined and prob has any good GPA trait at level 200%.