GPA Nation DoWed?

Tehmina

It's not ignorance to make a mistake and he currently has 4 offensive wars against GPA nations which i did state earlier so i do know this so I'm sure you could've figure that out without a correction but instead you'd rather use ignorance to try to make out I'm ignorant. 

I'm not sure if you even know that winning GA's takes land and tech?? I think it'll be more effective if they coordinated GA's together as well as air, CM's, defeat alert and then drop a nuke but that's just my opinion. If you want to just lob nukes daily then good luck but its going to be a very long war.

Coordinate CM's, Air, GA's, Nuke, Update, Defeat alert, Nuke or however you'd like to utilize your attacks but something similar.

If oya does have deployed soldiers then you could nuke first and then send GA's, it all depends but use your GA slot advantage. You may take some heavy losses but I'd commit those resources asap or he'll just eat them anyway just over a longer period.

I am well aware of the mechanics of the situation. I am pointing out your ignorance because it is clear that you are ignorant of the mechanics. Simply put, you have no idea how a war at large tech differentials works.

For the benefit of those who are similarly ignorant, your scenario would work roughly like so:

Six GPA nations of roughly 20k-30k tech launch an update attack:
* Cruise missiles: due to IMS, roughly 12 of 24 get through, for roughly 200 tech damage.
* Bombing runs: irrelevant, neither side is concerned about infra.
* Ground attacks: oya will be rebuying soldiers constantly throughout update; GPA would be lucky to gain victories in 4 out of 24 attacks, stealing roughly 300-400 tech, depending on underdog victories, etc.
* Nukes: oya can only be hit with one nuke; standard nuke would do about 500 tech damage, EMP would do 1000.

Oya's ground attacks in response, I would be shocked if he lost more than two-thirds of the battles. Being conservative, say he only gets half, and steals 2k tech.

For the slower dragon wannabes in the audience, that's oya conservatively gaining 2000 tech for optimistic losses of 1600 tech. He'll be gaining 400 tech. Every. Day.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am well aware of the mechanics of the situation. I am pointing out your ignorance because it is clear that you are ignorant of the mechanics. Simply put, you have no idea how a war at large tech differentials works.

For the benefit of those who are similarly ignorant, your scenario would work roughly like so:

* Cruise missiles: due to IMS, roughly 12 of 24 get through, for roughly 200 tech damage.
* Ground attacks: oya will be rebuying soldiers constantly throughout update; GPA would be lucky to gain victories in 4 out of 24 attacks, stealing roughly 300-400 tech, depending on underdog victories, etc.
* Nukes: oya can only be hit with one nuke; standard nuke would do about 500 tech damage, EMP would do 1000.

Oya's ground attacks in response, I would be shocked if he lost more than two-thirds of the battles. Being conservative, say he only gets half, and steals 2k tech.

For the slower dragon wannabes in the audience, that's oya conservatively gaining 2000 tech for optimistic losses of 1600 tech. He'll be gaining 400 tech. Every. Day.

I like how you've assumed this and that will happen just so it fits your argument.

If the 24 grounds are well coordinated, it is very hard to keep up with rebuying soldiers constantly to defend every attack. They'd easily win more than 4, that would be worst case scenario. If they could only win 4 then they should change their times. 

Neither side is concerned about infra. Is this just your own personal opinion or did they all tell you that. Whats odd about that is in the GPA terms, they want o ya to sell all of his infra but i guess since that makes your argument seem more valid, i guess you'd like to think that.

I've concluded, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I wouldn't have allowed GPA into this position in the first place, there was a time to stand for the concept of neutraliy, and it passed.

They stood for the concept of neutrality by staying neutral. Its as simple as that.

This hatchling, she yaps to much.

*Vomets up part of the remains of stockhunter of TTK.*

There, already partly digested.. fill your mouth with something that'll make you stronger so that eventually I might consume something worthwhile.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

oya can sell off all his infra and buy back right to where he is now, at least twice over. Likely far more. That's why there is also a condition that his warchest be burned off to 250 million.

At that size, with the warchests involved, infrastructure is irrelevant. These are nations that make more in a single collection than yours has made in its entire existence. It's the tech and (to a slightly lesser extent) land that is hard to replace. Infra is easy.

So, sorry. I know exactly what I am talking about. Your "strategy" would literally allow oya to eat the entire GPA upper tier, with no lasting ill effects for oya. Precisely the opposite of GPA's goals.

This hatchling, she yaps to much.

Coming from someone with 10,338 post and to this day, I've never seen one with any value. 99% are claims of eating or going to eat people. :facepalm:

oya can sell off all his infra and buy back right to where he is now, at least twice over. Likely far more. That's why there is also a condition that his warchest be burned off to 250 million.

At that size, with the warchests involved, infrastructure is irrelevant. These are nations that make more in a single collection than yours has made in its entire existence. It's the tech and (to a slightly lesser extent) land that is hard to replace. Infra is easy.

So, sorry. I know exactly what I am talking about. Your "strategy" would literally allow oya to eat the entire GPA upper tier, with no lasting ill effects for oya. Precisely the opposite of GPA's goals.

Making your opponent re-buy infra is how you burn up their cash reserves. If oya was to rebuy back to 30k infra from 0 with all the infra reductions included, that would cost about 9 billion. How much billions do you think he has exctly? I did see a silly claim of a trillion but I'd be surprised he has over 10 billion.

Comparing my nation to nations far older and ones that play to get as big and as fast as possible is just childish.

My strategy would allow oya to eat the entire upper tier of GPA. You should keep repeating that, maybe it would be true if you said it to yourself enough times.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Coming from someone with 10,338 post and to this day, I've seen one with any value. 99% are claims of eating people. :facepalm:

Not just claims. Check Lyricalz.. eating people is my job. It is what I have been bred and fed for. You screech and fly like a fattened bat and yet could barely chew on my talon tips.

We only elect to, yes, hence our current curbstomp. Willingly choosing to sacrifice your entire alliance's upper tier to defeat a single nation is a stupid decision.

Loser mentality.

If they don't sacrifice their upper tier now, then they are running the risk of losing it later after he peaces and rearms nukes.

They'll need to knock him out of the 250 (2-3 monthes of organized daily nukes) in order to actually deter future upper tier raids imo.

Loser mentality.

If they don't sacrifice their upper tier now, then they are running the risk of losing it later after he peaces and rearms nukes.

They'll need to knock him out of the 250 (2-3 monthes of organized daily nukes) in order to actually deter future upper tier raids imo.

They might be risking losing it far sooner than later.

Not just claims. Check Lyricalz.. eating people is my job. It is what I have been bred and fed for. You screech and fly like a fattened bat and yet could barely chew on my talon tips.

All down declares?

Assumes 1) he's out of anarchy regularly in order to declare offensively and 2) GPA is stupid enough to fill his defensive slots when they only need one guy to nuke.

All down declares?

I think one was an up-declare. Two were at parity and started with massive infra advantages. I don't really have a choice. I would have preferred up declares for more casualties, they're just not an option my enemy has made available to me. Trust me, I have been in a configuration that would do serious damage even to those larger than me.

Maybe you could help me hunt? Give me some food and I will gladly attempt to devour it.

I mean, I did try to share with you.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

O Ya Baby wanted to have a laugh and raided some neutrals who in the same spirit fought back.  I see no crisis or incivility.  Something as simple as this sure brings out the drama queens.

edit-  and by drama queens I mean Mogar.

Edited by masterbake

I think one was an up-declare. Two were at parity and started with massive infra advantages. I don't really have a choice. I would have preferred up declares for more casualties, they're just not an option my enemy has made available to me. Trust me, I have been in a configuration that would do serious damage even to those larger than me.

Maybe you could help me hunt? Give me some food and I will gladly attempt to devour it.

I mean, I did try to share with you.

If you were in range, you could have tried to devour this very fat and juicy rogue. ^_^   http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=166226

I don't think there is a solution besides letting him go, either you take the 15~ billion loss, or lose trillions accomplishing nothing.

This is the point I am trying to get across, the actual ability to enforce these is near impossible and will cost trillions to do so, even at ZI Oya is 500k of Tech, and the one by one ensuring he is going to burn off billions a week of GPA nations, for as long as they decide to try to enforce these.

I wouldn't have allowed GPA into this position in the first place, there was a time to stand for the concept of neutraliy, and it passed.

There's a middle ground between letting him off now and fighting him permanently.  Fighting for a couple of rounds and then negotiating terms both sides will find acceptable.

A few things about these terms:

1) They are being offered before much fighting has taken place.  The goal seems to be to damage o ya baby as a deterrent to future attackers.  That can be done either through fighting or through imposed terms.  If the goal is to do a certain amount of damage, the more damage done by war, the less the less damage has to be done by terms to reach whatever benchmark they set.

2) GPA, from what has been made public, presented them as a starting place for negotiation, not a "take it or leave it" proposition.

3) Both sides will want to save face, that's usually easier to do after a good fight than before.

Edited by Azaghul

Oya's my friend. I don't wanna eat him.

You're right though, he is very fat and juicy. But there's that whole feathers thing again...

Oh they can't have taught you this in dragon school but you can burn off the feathers with your dragon fire first! :awesome:

And all this time, you've been eating the feathers when you don't have too. :gag: :facepalm:

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

There's a middle ground between letting him off now and fighting him permanently.  Fighting for a couple of rounds and then negotiating terms both sides will

Fighting for only a couple rounds is the issue for GPA, if they do this then basically as soon as oya runs out/low on nukes they peace out. PlaY right into what he wants (or atleast what I would want if I were in his shoes).

Disclaimer: I'm just saying what we all know to be true. I don't care for neutral sovereignty or the "destruction of dbdc" crowd.

Making your opponent re-buy infra is how you burn up their cash reserves. If oya was to rebuy back to 30k infra from 0 with all the infra reductions included, that would cost about 9 billion. How much billions do you think he has exctly? I did see a silly claim of a trillion but I'd be surprised he has over 10 billion.

I would be surprised if he has anything less than 15 billion. It's likely closer to 25 billion. You could check the Stats Awards to get a better feel for the cash involved. Relevant lines are Chindia earning over 141 billion in nation lifetime, and Cuba earning 3 billion in a single collection. oya will not be too far off from these benchmarks. IIRC, he used to own the lifetime earnings award, within the past year.

As for Smurf, I am well aware that the 6v1 scenario would only happen for the initial round. Changing it to a 3v1 does nothing except reduce chances for GPA to steal tech back from oya, while making it more likely for oya's deployment to succeed in a larger percentage of attacks. Instead of winning 8 of 12 attacks from a single deploy, it would be winning 5 or 6 out of 6. In both cases, the tech lost from nukes is offset by gains from ground attacks. That is why the "winning" strategy is to zero soldiers and lob nukes; it depletes oya's tech without offering opportunity to replenish it from raid gains. As others from GPA have stated, they are aware of the damage they will take as a result of this, and they will not come out ahead in stats. Coming out ahead in stats was never the point.

Oh they can't have taught you this in dragon school but you can burn off the feathers with your dragon fire first! :awesome:

And all this time, you've been eating the feathers when you don't have too. :gag: :facepalm:

I'm so ravenous I don't stop to think about such things I just eat.

I'm still not eating Oya. He's mah friend!

Second part: I don't believe that, he's at least been encouraged by a culture of raiding aligned nations and having a bit of a laugh about it, though what happens in DBDC private channels is obviously speculation to the rest of us.

This culture that you speak of isn't anything that started with DBDC.  I and another member of the alliance I was in at the time were raided over the holiday season in 2012.  The alliance was well enough connected at the time.

In fact, now that I think about it,  the very first time I was involved in a fight, back in 2009,  it was for the purpose of defending an allied allaince against a raider, I think his name was Tsar something.  At the time, he had been raiding numerous high tier nations (all in alliances) and had gained a reputation as someone many people feared.  He ended up being happily picked up by another alliance once the situation was resolved.  That was a very long time ago.

So, this culture of high tier nations attacking other high tier nations in alliances on their own has been around and happening quietyly for a very long time.