GPA Nation DoWed?

Tehmina

Great Tidings! Cubaquerida has dumped O Ya Baby from the DOOMBIRD DOOMCAVE AA in stinging defeat! This is a strong sign of hesitation and doubt from the "God King," as he is unable to marshal the strength for a full assault!

Or maybe this isn't what you think it is and it's one nation out on their own, like DBDC said it was.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Tidings! Cubaquerida has dumped O Ya Baby from the DOOMBIRD DOOMCAVE AA in stinging defeat! This is a strong sign of hesitation and doubt from the "God King," as he is unable to marshal the strength for a full assault!

7THBFCX.png

Yes because DBDC members don't have a history of creating AAs ever... You have to give it to DBDC on their loyalty to their members. Once you are in DBDC, you are always DBDC no matter what. 

Or maybe this isn't what you think it is and it's one nation out on their own, like DBDC said it was.

Pretty much this. 

Mogar is trying to seem smart, but is being dumb. The strategy adopted by GPA is the ideal way for GPA to reach *their* goals in ending this war. And condemning that strategy only eighteen hours in to the initial implementation seems … premature.

Prob knows exactly what he is doing. And there is no sacrificing of an entire upper tier happening here.

Yes because DBDC members don't have a history of creating AAs ever... You have to give it to DBDC on their loyalty to their members. Once you are in DBDC, you are always DBDC no matter what. 

Pretty much this. 

I know that it is a deceptive ruse, just as TidyBowlMan used a one man AA in peace mode while being masked on the NG forums as a member. However, it is a symbolic victory against DBDC, because it would have been a sign of strength and confidence for Cubaquerida to keep him on the DBDC AA.

As Auctor said, it's better to have the tech melted off than to feed it directly to the man nuking you.

No its better to coordinate and fight back with 3 offensive and 3 defensive wars. 30k nuke turret staggers, as well as 30-40k infra staggers.

O Ya Baby has always been willing to do his own thing, especially when he's bored.  Not just in DBDC, but when he was in MK as well.

DBDC probably will not completely disown him.  I'd expect them to intervene if they think he's getting treated too harshly.  But that doesn't mean they told or encouraged him to do this.

Edited by Azaghul

This will be the official claim they put forward, but how often before has DBDC backed down after a raid on a sovereign alliance?

I also agree that they're backing off as they know GPA won't just lay down and roll over like everyone else has in the past. 

That's a little melodramatic, don't you think? They're not sacrificing anything other than some tech/land/infra/money. They're defending their sovereignty. If they rolled over and accepted this raid, got out cheap how long before the next? They don't have much of a choice from where I'm sitting, all they can do if make themselves a very unattractive target.

I've got no idea about the mechanics of fighting at that size, I can't immediately see why it's any different from fighting at any other size though except the numbers are bigger.

wars are far more onesided, you are either stomping, or being stomped.

O Ya Baby has always been willing to do his own thing, especially when he's bored.  Not just in DBDC, but when he was in MK as well.

DBDC probably will not completely disown him.  I'd expect them to intervene if they think he's getting treated too harshly.  But that doesn't mean they told or encouraged him to do this.

You really think none of his actions were first discussed with Cuba and co before he acted? Get real.

No its better to coordinate and fight back with 3 offensive and 3 defensive wars. 30k nuke turret staggers, as well as 30-40k infra staggers.

"Better," how, exactly?

Nevermind that you appear ignorant of the maximum offensive wars numbering four these days. But I fail to see how your strategy is any better. It opens up GPA to taking at least treble the damage that they would take from using their current strategy, with a payoff of feeding oya more tech and land than could be nuked away with only a single nuke per day.

I'd expect them to intervene if they think he's getting treated too harshly.  But that doesn't mean they told or encouraged him to do this.

Second part: I don't believe that, he's at least been encouraged by a culture of raiding aligned nations and having a bit of a laugh about it, though what happens in DBDC private channels is obviously speculation to the rest of us.

First part: "treated too harshly"? He's a nuclear rogue by any normal definition. They normally get sanctioned, ZI'd and kept there, don't they? I don't think it's necessarily in GPA's interests to go that far (as I said earlier I think they should make sure o ya baby loses at least the equivalent of 10 raids, which should provide a sufficient disincentive for further raids) but no-one could really complain if they did.

"Better," how, exactly?

Nevermind that you appear ignorant of the maximum offensive wars numbering four these days. But I fail to see how your strategy is any better. It opens up GPA to taking at least treble the damage that they would take from using their current strategy, with a payoff of feeding oya more tech and land than could be nuked away with only a single nuke per day.

It's not ignorance to make a mistake and he currently has 4 offensive wars against GPA nations which i did state earlier so i do know this so I'm sure you could've figure that out without a correction but instead you'd rather use ignorance to try to make out I'm ignorant. 

I'm not sure if you even know that winning GA's takes land and tech?? I think it'll be more effective if they coordinated GA's together as well as air, CM's, defeat alert and then drop a nuke but that's just my opinion. If you want to just lob nukes daily then good luck but its going to be a very long war.

Coordinate CM's, Air, GA's, Nuke, Update, Defeat alert, Nuke or however you'd like to utilize your attacks but something similar.

If oya does have deployed soldiers then you could nuke first and then send GA's, it all depends but use your GA slot advantage. You may take some heavy losses but I'd commit those resources asap or he'll just eat them anyway just over a longer period.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Mogar, since you seem to be so interested in the situation, can you tell us what is your solution to the problem instead of criticizing our currently position? Unless your solution is to do nothing and accept the fact that DBDC raiders can do everything that they want without face any consequences. 

You really think none of his actions were first discussed with Cuba and co before he acted? Get real.

Told them he was gonna do it?  Probably.  Asked for permission or approval?  Very unlikely, that's now how o ya baby operates.  He does what he wants to do.

Second part: I don't believe that, he's at least been encouraged by a culture of raiding aligned nations and having a bit of a laugh about it, though what happens in DBDC private channels is obviously speculation to the rest of us.

First part: "treated too harshly"? He's a nuclear rogue by any normal definition. They normally get sanctioned, ZI'd and kept there, don't they? I don't think it's necessarily in GPA's interests to go that far (as I said earlier I think they should make sure o ya baby loses at least the equivalent of 10 raids, which should provide a sufficient disincentive for further raids) but no-one could really complain if they did.

Second part:   You could argue the cultural point but O Ya Baby was the raiding type long before he was in DBDC.  I know O Ya Baby and saw the way he interacted with government leaders in MK.  He is not at all the type of person to seek permission or ask his government's opinion about doing things before he does them.  And he is definitely the type of person who gets bored and does things like this on his own initiative.

First part: You can argue that with DBDC.  I'm just commenting on how they think, and they aren't likely to see it the same way you do.

Told them he was gonna do it?  Probably.  Asked for permission or approval?  Very unlikely, that's now how o ya baby operates.  He does what he wants to do.

Second part:   You could argue the cultural point but O Ya Baby was the raiding type long before he was in DBDC.  I know O Ya Baby and saw the way he interacted with government leaders in MK.  He is not at all the type of person to seek permission or ask his government's opinion about doing things before he does them.  And he is definitely the type of person who gets bored and does things like this on his own initiative.

First part: You can argue that with DBDC.  I'm just commenting on how they think, and they aren't likely to see it the same way you do.

He looks like he told them. http://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=770816

As for the permission, i can't dispute that but does he need to ever ask for permission. Don't MK guys like worship oya. ^_^ I've seen threads created in his honor showcasing his destruction, i wouldn't be surprised if they had a oya shrine right next to the DBDC headquarters.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Mogar, since you seem to be so interested in the situation, can you tell us what is your solution to the problem instead of criticizing our currently position? Unless your solution is to do nothing and accept the fact that DBDC raiders can do everything that they want without face any consequences. 

No, they're just good at criticizing everyone else contributing solutions.

I don't think there is a solution besides letting him go, either you take the 15~ billion loss, or lose trillions accomplishing nothing.

"Laughably unenforceable" are the words that come to mind here.  

This is the point I am trying to get across, the actual ability to enforce these is near impossible and will cost trillions to do so, even at ZI Oya is 500k of Tech, and the one by one ensuring he is going to burn off billions a week of GPA nations, for as long as they decide to try to enforce these.

No, they're just good at criticizing everyone else contributing solutions.

I wouldn't have allowed GPA into this position in the first place, there was a time to stand for the concept of neutraliy, and it passed.