Declaration of War

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused as to how your inability to communicate with an alliance validates your decision to attack it based on your micro drama.

As Chim mentioned -- your previous interaction over the past few months has been attempts to stir up conflict

see:

Jul 20 10:59:08 <UnknownSmurf> Anyways OOC It is 100% beneficial for you to start this war, you will have plenty of support since everyone wants to roll DBDC anyways -- you would win this war. 
Jul 20 10:59:22 <UnknownSmurf> That said, I think the planet needs a global war
Jul 20 10:59:24 <UnknownSmurf> and I want a war
Jul 20 10:59:27 <UnknownSmurf> so whynot?  :D
Jul 20 10:59:39 <Stagger_Lee> uhuh....
Jul 20 11:00:28 <UnknownSmurf> Maybe I am missing something. Do you see a reason not to escalate this?
Jul 20 11:00:35 <UnknownSmurf> Enlighten me
Jul 20 11:01:41 <Stagger_Lee> I don't even see a problem.
Jul 20 11:02:18 <UnknownSmurf> Perfecto  :D
Jul 20 11:02:32 <UnknownSmurf> Oh wait
Jul 20 11:03:08 <UnknownSmurf> Problem is I know a couple of your guys warchests according to myth
Jul 20 11:03:13 <UnknownSmurf> well I mean I do
Jul 20 11:03:19 <Stagger_Lee> I'm sure a lot of people do.
Jul 20 11:04:14 <UnknownSmurf> But I have them the day after the occured
Jul 20 11:04:30 <UnknownSmurf> and I shared on the OWF that Khal only has 700mill despite his 10k tech
Jul 20 11:04:41 <UnknownSmurf> you should roll me for this
Jul 20 11:04:44 <Stagger_Lee> i'm sure youre very happy about it
Jul 20 11:05:59 <UnknownSmurf> I dont understnd
Jul 20 11:06:27 <UnknownSmurf> I give you a CB against a relatively weak alliance, not unconnected, but badly connected. Allied to an alliance you have had problems with in the past
Jul 20 11:06:59 <UnknownSmurf> (SRA)
Jul 20 11:07:10 <UnknownSmurf> we aren't even allied to DBDC 
Jul 20 11:07:16 <UnknownSmurf> so you don't have to worry about that counter
Jul 20 11:07:18 <Stagger_Lee> I quite like SRA tbh.
Jul 20 11:07:28 <UnknownSmurf> They hate you. 
Jul 20 11:07:33 <UnknownSmurf> They would love to roll you
Jul 20 11:07:37 <Stagger_Lee> I know they would.
Jul 20 11:07:45 <UnknownSmurf> Ok hate is a strong word
Jul 20 11:07:52 <Stagger_Lee> I think the whole thing is silly.
Jul 20 11:09:47 <UnknownSmurf> You guys boasting on the OWF about how you have the strongest military and how everyone is scared of you is silly. 
Jul 20 11:09:55 <UnknownSmurf> Come prove it

and

Session Start: Sun Jul 20 19:04:09 2014
Session Ident: UnknownSmurf
[19:04] Session Ident: UnknownSmurf (Coldfront, IYIyTh) (UnknownSmu@hostmasks.net)
[19:04] <UnknownSmurf> My balls are so blue
01[19:04] <IYIyTh> weirdo
[19:04] <UnknownSmurf> Sometimes yes
[19:04] <UnknownSmurf> What CBs do you need from me in order to get MI6 to hit me?
01[19:05] <IYIyTh> no one cares about you
01[19:05] <IYIyTh> lol
01[19:05] <IYIyTh> trying way too hard
[19:06] <UnknownSmurf> Eh
[19:06] <UnknownSmurf> I mean
[19:06] <UnknownSmurf> You hitme and the war expands into the DBDC war that people have been wanting for ages
01[19:06] <IYIyTh> again, no one cares about you.
01[19:06] <IYIyTh> lol.
[19:06] <UnknownSmurf> and we have our little side scuffle that will allow SRA to get the shots in they wanted
[19:06] <UnknownSmurf> and everyone is happy.
[19:06] <UnknownSmurf>  :)
01[19:08] <IYIyTh> like how dumb do you think MI6 is?
01[19:08] <IYIyTh> come on
01[19:08] <IYIyTh> have a little respect :|
[19:10] <UnknownSmurf> 1) I have no reason to respect you
[19:10] <UnknownSmurf> 2) you literally have no downside to this
01[19:10] <IYIyTh> 3. find someone else to play with
[19:10] <UnknownSmurf> I know you think I wouldn't be pushing it if that were true
[19:11] <UnknownSmurf> but ..I'm not =/ 
[19:11] <UnknownSmurf> not sure how to prove it, but I'm now
[19:11] <UnknownSmurf> not*
01[19:15] <IYIyTh> no offense, but you're not on our radar.
Session Time: Mon Jul 21 00:00:01 2014
Session Close: Mon Jul 21 00:06:43 2014

and many more occurences over the summer where you attempted to instigate a war with MI6.

It finally came to you having to dream one up yourself in hopes of starting a global war, but this doesn't end well for you.

No actually that incident stemmed from you querying random members of MI6's their warchests after they were recently spied.

The logs are pretty clear on what kind of attitude you possess in regard to CN politics -- you wish to embroil the planet in a global war.

You thought this was going to do it -- but it turns out your premise was not only flawed, but completely incorrect. Now you've got your hand caught in the cookie jar.

Oh please not LN-AE again. Go to your threads and let Kaskus have their moment of glory or ridicule, depending on which side you're planning to be on.

I'm trying, but it seems I can't post without somebody trying to drag me back into that dead-end conversation.

2. Your second and third sentences are even worse! I started hanging in your channel before we attacked! By your timeline all opportunities for negotiations were exhausted before we were even at war? Admit it. You made no attempt to negotiate whatsoever. Your plan all along was to screw your own alliance and them blame it on us. What a snake!

Fuck you. Just fuck you. I wasted hours and hours of my time trying to follow methrage's tail at incredibly unfavourable hours, trying to get him to first off, think semi-retionally long enough to negotiate, and secondly, give me something thatI could actually check over with rey et al. You want a fucking sample of the bullshit? Too fucking bad. You've already made up your mind as as the person above indicated this is not the place nor the time for me to devote more effort into gratifying your personal needs. You want to try negotiating from 12:30 to 5am on a workday with someone that can't pick an agreement and stick to it? Be my guest.

Resolution was attempted in private. I don't negotiate peace settlements in public channels for your personal satisfaction.

So, scream "Confess you never wanted to settle for peace!!!! CONFESS!!! CONFESSS!!!!" all you like. I'm not interested. Why not ask methrage to forward you my messages/the logs yourself? If he does, maybe then I'll share. Would be good at the very least to see how honest he is with his 'allies'.

So, having declared on Meth, thinking him weak and friendless and easy prey, having then aroused my wrath and counterdeclaration, you found yourself in a bad spot

Did you read my post? I attempted to seek settlement before you declared a single war. Before Kashmir became part of the situation, in fact. That you chose to not consult your ally over this at all is a far better indicator of incompetency, though given you aren't an alliance, I suppose you have different standards. He didn't want to accept peace because he wanted supplication. You were overlooked because you weren't relevant enough. I didn't even declare, actually; I merely 'recognised' his decision to escalate things beyond himself. Your 'wrath'? Really? You can take a grand total of zero credit for how things panned out, other than being the only one in the conversation to have and even more inflated ego than methrage himself.

Having already wasted my time with meth and having seen little from you to make me feel like you'd be any more pleasant, I doubt that you would have had any positive influence on proceedings. Disbanding AE once our reasons for involvement were more or less resolved (ie; a concrete peace for LPH) gave alliance members freedom to move on and ended the war without dealing with LN ever again.

No actually that incident stemmed from you querying random members of MI6's their warchests after they were recently spied.

The logs are pretty clear on what kind of attitude you possess in regard to CN politics -- you wish to embroil the planet in a global war.

You thought this was going to do it -- but it turns out your premise was not only flawed, but completely incorrect. Now you've got your hand caught in the cookie jar.

I don't know why I bother responding to you... you're a grade A idiot. Here are a few examples.. I can dig up literally dozens more as well as even more logs of me attempting to not turn this into a global war. 

Ckh0HoI.png

nVKBdKG.png

EjEeA8N.png

You keep saying there are many many instances but you keep bringing up the same two logs from the same exact day.. which probably stemmed from some sort of a joke based on how I was talking.

No, you literally tried to pick a fight with us for a global war for about a week or two. Much to your stymie, no one took the bait.

You're missing the part where Smurf's claims don't actually check out.

That has been cleared up since about an hour after the DoW when Smurf said this gem after realizing he had just declared war on MI6 because of bad information he received.

Smurf jumped the gun without doing his homework in his haste to fill his lust for dragging the rest of the planet into a larger conflict.

Unfortunately for him it's not going to end like he thought it would.

I'm confused as to how your inability to communicate with an alliance validates your decision to attack it based on your micro drama.

As Chim mentioned -- your previous interaction over the past few months has been attempts to stir up conflict

see:

Jul 20 10:59:08 <UnknownSmurf> Anyways OOC It is 100% beneficial for you to start this war, you will have plenty of support since everyone wants to roll DBDC anyways -- you would win this war. 
Jul 20 10:59:22 etc.

It finally came to you having to dream one up yourself in hopes of starting a global war, but this doesn't end well for you.

Yes, Myth, the two logs from July that you already posted have been noted.

But that is still not responsive to my post.  It was 4 simple, direct questions designed to take the emotions out of this thread  and just deal with facts.  What we are seeing is a huge PR blitz -- I think the questions, if answered directly, have the ability to completely vindicate your position in this war.  Or derail it.

I can't compel you to take advantage of the opportunity, but thus far, the responses have been simply emotional (with the exception of Facade, who pointed out my error, but still did not address the questions).  You can say all you want that this is "worse than the no CB war", or you can remove all doubt and prove it.  Your choice, but if you choose not to, that will also be telling.

Yes, Myth, the two logs from July that you already posted have been noted.

But that is still not responsive to my post.  It was 4 simple, direct questions designed to take the emotions out of this thread  and just deal with facts.  What we are seeing is a huge PR blitz -- I think the questions, if answered directly, have the ability to completely vindicate your position in this war.  Or derail it.

I can't compel you to take advantage of the opportunity, but thus far, the responses have been simply emotional (with the exception of Facade, who pointed out my error, but still did not address the questions).  You can say all you want that this is "worse than the no CB war", or you can remove all doubt and prove it.  Your choice, but if you choose not to, that will also be telling.

No. Your questions were literally responding to hearsay and "could" questions. They really serve no purpose being objective or logical nor intent.

There's not even a PR Blitz campaign going. It's your standard: Moronic micro alliance declares war and gets destroyed by OWF.

Edited by Believland

I think these are the questions you want answered, Walsh;

1. Why would GOONs attack a Kaskus protectorate going off the word of MI6?  It sounds ridiculous on the face of it, almost unimaginable for an alliance leader with experience.  If in fact this is what happened, it would seem to be a valid CB against GOONs. Could be worked out diplomatically, but would be valid.

GOONs did not attack a Kaskus protectorate going off the word of MI6.

2. If MI6 did feed GOONs this information, is this not a valid CB against MI6?

We didn't feed GOONS this information.

3. If MI6 did not feed GOONs this information, what in the hell were they talking about that enabled the issue to be confused? It had to involve the words "Kaskus" and "war" in some context. That is kind of a major issue to fall victim to an "oops". Logs would be helpful.

What was being spoken about can be found in the logs posted at the bottom of the OP of this thread (the name of the site in the link is censored for some reason?).

4. If the whole MI6 mis-information was a misunderstanding, when was Kaskus notified? Logs would be helpful.

According to this post, the misunderstanding was explained to Kaskus the day before they attacked MI6.

5. If the narrative is now "It was an honest misunderstanding", is diplomacy underway? Are GOONs still attacking the Kaskus protectorate?

I have no idea if diplomacy is currently under way to end this war.

Even if, for the sake of argument, we assume that Kaskus jumped the gun or should have worked a little harder at diplomacy to CSI their way to the right answer, it appears that they have a valid CB on one (or both) of GOONs/MI6.  So little makes sense here. What needs to be determined is if they declared on the wrong guy. 

Or am I missing something?

If we really had schemed to set up Kaskus, yeah, I could see why they'd want to roll us for it. But we didn't- in fact, we didn't care about Kaskus at all until this thread was posted.

God bless ya, Avakael -- old Apparatus guy if I recall correctly?  Always liked those guys.

Couple comments, and thanks for the effort.

I think these are the questions you want answered, Walsh;

Walshington, on 23 Sept 2014 - 4:50 PM, said:snapback.png

1. Why would GOONs attack a Kaskus protectorate going off the word of MI6?  It sounds ridiculous on the face of it, almost unimaginable for an alliance leader with experience.  If in fact this is what happened, it would seem to be a valid CB against GOONs. Could be worked out diplomatically, but would be valid.

GOONs did not attack a Kaskus protectorate going off the word of MI6.

Well, actually, they did -- the logs in the OP actually say that, and Ken Morningstar confirms: whether or not MI6 really DID say that, when Ken Morningstar was asked why he attacked attacked LN, that was the reason he gave:

KenM: we were told you kaskus knew we going in and would stay out of it
UnknownSmurf: Also how do you see this ending?
UnknownSmurf: ...
UnknownSmurf: By whom?
KenM: i already said
UnknownSmurf: Thats !@#$%^&*. I had no idea this was happening.
KenM: regardless thats what i made te decision on
KenM: that you guys knew we were going to go all out and would stay out of it to keep this thing from blowing up
KenM: we were under the impression MI6 had handled that aspect
UnknownSmurf: ..when? I haven't spoken to MI6 about this at all.
KenM: not what i was told by MI6

That WAS in fact their reason.  Why would they do such a thing was my question.

2. If MI6 did feed GOONs this information, is this not a valid CB against MI6?

We didn't feed GOONS this information.

At first I thought you were cheating the question, which was hypothetical.  But at the end you nailed it:

"If we really had schemed to set up Kaskus, yeah, I could see why they'd want to roll us for it. But we didn't- in fact, we didn't care about Kaskus at all until this thread was posted."

3. If MI6 did not feed GOONs this information, what in the hell were they talking about that enabled the issue to be confused? It had to involve the words "Kaskus" and "war" in some context. That is kind of a major issue to fall victim to an "oops". Logs would be helpful.

What was being spoken about can be found in the logs posted at the bottom of the OP of this thread (the name of the site in the link is censored for some reason?).

Right you are -- but that is US and Ken Morningstar talking. The logs I'm talking about are where the original misunderstanding occurred -- between whoever in MI6 and GOONs who were talking that led GOONs to mistakenly believe they could hit LN and Kaskus wouldn't mind. Very curious to see that convo -- how could such a mistake happen?

4. If the whole MI6 mis-information was a misunderstanding, when was Kaskus notified? Logs would be helpful.

According to this post, the misunderstanding was explained to Kaskus the day before they attacked MI6.

Yeah, the post says it.  Would like to see the logs that show it.

5. If the narrative is now "It was an honest misunderstanding", is diplomacy underway? Are GOONs still attacking the Kaskus protectorate?

I have no idea if diplomacy is currently under way to end this war.

You and me both.

If we really had schemed to set up Kaskus, yeah, I could see why they'd want to roll us for it. But we didn't- in fact, we didn't care about Kaskus at all until this thread was posted.

Thanks again, Avakael -- appreciate the straight answers, even if I didn't get what I wanted.  Since you were not part of the conversations, there's no way you could answer definitively.

Have fun out there!

I think you are confused.

By which point he was quite convincing they were simply lying for their ally and discounted it, yes.

So in abstract you can understand that had what he thought was true been true, he would have been right to want to hit you. And it's been shown already that, rightly or wrongly, he actually had a pretty good reason to think you were trying to set him up. I'm definitely not sure myself that you were not trying to set him up, and I bet a pretty large number of readers, even among your own alliance and allies, are not really sure of that as well.

If someone at MI6 was behind this that person is quite clever, and certainly more than clever enough to make sure that the bulk of the membership, and anyone not absolutely required, would have no knowledge of it. That would make sure the outrage and denials are completely genuine.

If someone at goons was behind it that someone is also very clever indeed, and once again virtually no one in goons, let alone in MI6, would have a clue.

And the last possibility, a string of accidents and misunderstandings. When you have one improbable event, that's life, but when you have a string of them piled on top of each other people get suspicious, and they should. The mathematics argues highly against the possibility.

Facing three highly unlikely possibilities, I guess Smurf did what a lot of us would do, he went with his gut. His gut told him the info about MI6 had slipped out unintentionally, and that meant it was true, and he went with that. Right or wrong, it was a genuine response, and far from a fabrication. 

That almost might be believable if Smurf didn't have a history of being an instigator in such conflicts, Sigrun.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of murder-mystery you're trying to solve, especially with the intimation that MI6 is so good at CN it had Smurf act on highly suspect information that he never thought to check out and whose first inclination was to start drawing up target lists.

If our allies didn't have knowledge of Smurf's repeated attempts to instigate a war with our sphere and specifically our alliance I might even tend to agree with part of what you said.

However, Smurf's actions before and after he realized his blunder pretty clearly elicit that this is merely a means to further an end in his hopes of an expanding conflict, and as an alliance hit for his overreaction I have little sympathy for the devil.

--

Also, I'm pretty sure most of the readers are pretty familiar with Smurf and his antics. It's 2014. We don't need to pretend like this is an ambiguous CB, Smurf swung and missed -- and I'm not about to catch him on his way down. No rational CN ruler would have read those logs I've just read and come to the conclusion that MI6 -- an alliance Smurf intimates in the same logs as never have been previously involved in whatever drama of the day it was -- was masterminding some massive hit on himself or his allies. Especially considering the vast amount of effort to get Smurf to leave us alone over the past few months in his other attempts to instigate war.

It takes a real Smurf to act on the information he did and risk harm and injury to his alliance and allies based on what turned out to be quite the tragic overreaction.

Edited by IYIyTh

That almost might be believable if Smurf didn't have a history of being an instigator in such conflicts, Sigrun.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of murder-mystery you're trying to solve, especially with the intimation that MI6 is so good at CN it had Smurf act on highly suspect information that he never thought to check out and whose first inclination was to start drawing up target lists.

If our allies didn't have knowledge of Smurf's repeated attempts to instigate a war with our sphere and specifically our alliance I might even tend to agree with part of what you said.

However, Smurf's actions before and after he realized his blunder pretty clearly elicit that this is merely a means to further an end in his hopes of an expanding conflict, and as an alliance hit for his overreaction I have little sympathy for the devil.

from personal views of the private FB Kaskus page we here in Kaskus prefer to keep things inclosed. we have no use to expand it, we would gain nothing nor would Unknown, nor would our allies, nor would honestly anyone.

anyone who has any clue what Kaskus is about can tell you we enjoy war, we found what we feel a valid reason to (edit: engage) said war, and in my personal perspective don't really need nor care for anyone's approval. Like really as sad as it is the day after a war is over some members are already frisky for another, it's quite crazy.

MI6, if you are true players in the CN game than you understand war is fun, you are pretty much 2.5x our sizes and our allies are just cheerleaders, man up, shut up, and have fun. unless you feel your "weight" is needed elsewhere in which case no offense, you are not tech heavy (like us) so you have no relevance in any future global conflict.

Edited by KenoCore

You know Smurf, 

You and I normally get along quite well, and while I occasionally don't agree with most of your methods, I've never questioned them.

However, to blatantly stand on the OWF and lie is frankly... unbecoming. You can post logs out your ass about your involved participating in keeping it from escalating. But you proved that when you weren't doing that, you were scheming and preparing for war. 

Between those actions, as well as the combined actions of you asking Sparta and other allies if we'd be interested in rolling NSO again, I have no choice but to call !@#$%^&* on you, sir. The amusing thing is they don't even have enough competence to realize that the same person they just offered to their ally to help defend, was also trying to start a war with them either before, after, or during your baiting MI6 in queries. 

You don't have to prove to anyone you weren't looking to start a war. Those which you talked with already know that you in fact were, and have been for a while, with seemingly whoever would take the bait, or help you start one.. Including your allies who are helping you grandstand on the OWF, more than likely.

Edited by DeathAdder

Didn't GOONs act on highly suspect information as well?

Fact is, you could eliminate Sigrun's "sympathy for the devil" by exposing the devil -- which would be easily done by answering those questions of mine you and nearly every  poster in your alliance has been avoiding.

Mm no you misunderstand my point. We hit MI6 for things that stemmed originally from GOONS hitting LN out of the blue in August. We've come a long way since but that was the catalyst.

The "things" that ended up being absolutely nothing and utterly disproven? So yeah, you hit us out of the blue. Just man up and admit it. 

Give peace a chance.

Never.

Ah, the poaching, I was wondering when that would of came up. M16 loves that stuff. Its whats put them on the map. Its also why people dislike them. Well, your reap what you sow and sow what you reap. 

LOL. but in all, if Kaskus really just wanted a war and needed to think of a reason to declare on M16. Would it really be that hard given there reputation? I can think of a few off the top of my head. 

What?

Crap CB or not this is apparently happening so stop crying like a !@#$%* and show the world you can handle a micro better than your allies did. 

who is crying other than you and smurth?

Without treading too much ground that has been covered already; the very idea that MI6 would set us up is laughable.

Shooting first and asking questions later is not a viable war policy.  We learned that years ago.  Additionally, if you wanted to go to war, just do it, don't even bother with a CB like this, which the loosest attempt to verify from MI6 would probably have solved.

I explicitly told you that the idea that this was some MI6 set up was laughable when you asked me, you really should have trusted me on that.

I would also apologize to MI6 for this mess, though it seems to be working itself out.

No apology necessary. We are warring so, is all good. 

Also, the last few pages i skimmed because who gives a flying fuck really? Let's just war and have fun. I want my 10+m casualties.

lolMI6.  30% peace mode?  Are you kidding me, Kaskus is like 1/3th your size.  You &$#*#@ and moan about NPO PM'ing 5% of it's nations and you run and hide when such a small alliance attacks you.

There will be grand tales of MI6 bravery for ages to come!

methinks someone knows oh so little about strategy. Particularly since NPO PMed that 5% for the entire war and this is about 25 hours into the war...

There will be grand tales of Steve Buscemi's intelligence for ages to come!

lolMI6.  30% peace mode?  Are you kidding me, Kaskus is like 1/3th your size.  You &$#*#@ and moan about NPO PM'ing 5% of it's nations and you run and hide when such a small alliance attacks you.

There will be grand tales of MI6 bravery for ages to come!

That 0-25k NS is really where wars are won, isn't it?

Didn't GOONs act on highly suspect information as well?

Fact is, you could eliminate Sigrun's "sympathy for the devil" by exposing the devil -- which would be easily done by answering those questions of mine you and nearly every  poster in your alliance has been avoiding.

The problem with your supposition is GOONS isn't listed as the target of this DoW.

Additionally, when you declare war you usually have the reason in hand before doing it, not the other way around.

Just because Smurf's massive and I would say intentional overreaction has been exposed doesn't mean the alliances he has targeted have some sort of burden of proof to prove his bellicosity is/was warranted -- that's something he should have done, if he wasn't dead set on continuing to attempt to instigate as his record has shown.

Edited by IYIyTh

methinks someone knows oh so little about strategy. Particularly since NPO PMed that 5% for the entire war and this is about 25 hours into the war...

There will be grand tales of Steve Buscemi's intelligence for ages to come!

usually PMing is used for large scale wars in which case there will be many rounds and many alliances attacking you. we are incapable of declaring on all your members effectively making your "strategy" irrelevant.  unless said PM is being used to allow some members to raise a warchest in which case I approve.

EDIT: looking at the PM of MI6 I am amazingly confused, 90% of those members are not in range of I would say 80% of our alliance. please MI6 explain

Edited by KenoCore

Between those actions, as well as the combined actions of you asking Sparta and other allies if we'd be interested in rolling NSO again, I have no choice but to call !@#$%^&* on you, sir. The amusing thing is they don't even have enough competence to realize that the same person they just offered to their ally to help defend, was also trying to start a war with them either before, after, or during your baiting MI6 in queries. 

Where do you get the idea that that is remotely surprising. NSO and Kaskus have a ~special~ relationship. Hardly news.