Declaration of War

The word of the day is "stonewall," by the way.

The definition for this word, in context, is to give an unsatisfactory answer or be away from one's keyboard -- not necessarily on purpose.

We are writing our own dictionary, Webster be damned

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told by two members of Goons govt. that my 3 week old virgin player to CN would recieve 1 round of war for his noob infraction of spying(after several LN nations were spied on immediately after the limited scirmish with goonies) and that would be end of it and two hours later the Goons blitzed most of our alliance...Obviosly the Goons govt. word means nada and anything they say or promise is suspect and not to be trusted...Obviously they felt they could escalate the situation without concern for the consquences and therefore it lends merit to KenM saying that MI6 put them up to it promising back up...not to mention the numerous threats levied at Limitless Nexus by various members of MI6 in numerous threads where they mocked and threathened to war us over and over again in apparent solidarity with KenM and his numerous threats to war us also...So the feigned indignation of likeomg we're so innocent and had nothing to do with goonies blitzing LN is hilarious and says much about their character as well pretending to be innocent and unaware of any of this... :rolleyes:

The decision to declare war was based on other actions than that singular instance.  We were willing to adhere to the deal as advertised until other incidents kept cropping up, and we were not terribly interested in letting them slide, or re-litigating a compromise for every new incident.

Edited by Sardonic

The decision to declare war was based on other actions than that singular instance.  We were willing to adhere to the deal as advertised until other incidents kept cropping up, and we were not terribly interested in letting them slide, or re-litigating a compromise for every new incident.

Nothing happened in those 2 hours other than your planned blitzed of LN your members had been getting ready for for weeks stacking troops and dropping infrastructure etc...Once again Goons are trying to cover up there intial breach of agreement with more lies...but it's all a moot point now isn't it?...I'm just waiting for some aid or tech deals whatever so I can nuke some more goonies...o/  Casualties

Nothing happened in those 2 hours other than your planned blitzed of LN your members had been getting ready for for weeks stacking troops and dropping infrastructure etc...Once again Goons are trying to cover up there intial breach of agreement with more lies...but it's all a moot point now isn't it?...I'm just waiting for some aid or tech deals whatever so I can nuke some more goonies...o/  Casualties

Indeed, it is a moot point, but by our count we were not the ones to breach the agreement.

Edited by Sardonic

Indeed, it is a moot point, but by our count we were not the ones to breach the agreement.

o/arguing about self-described moot points, equivalent of "he hit me first"

Do not realize all points moot due to arrival of myself your god? Edited by Kim Jong lllest

Someone on this page clearly has very good tastes in posts, based on their own post (partisan is such a good multi of mine). It may have been the best post on this entire thread if it wasn't for Kim Jong Illest. He may become my new favorite OWF poster following the death of Ubuntu.

Enlighten me as to how we breached the agreement made by two members of Goons govt. to war NastyNate for one round by Beets and that would be the end of it? Inquiring minds would like to know? :ehm:

Enlighten me as to why you continued being a member of LN after I caught methrage selling-out the rest of his alliance in a peace offer during the LN-AE conflict.

You mean the conflict where you deleted your AA and all your members got raided? o_O

Enlighten me as to why you continued being a member of LN after I caught methrage selling-out the rest of his alliance in a peace offer during the LN-AE conflict.

I have never deserted nor have I surrendered during any wars ever in my 7+ years of ruling Dixie Cove would be my simple answer and  I am not going to start doing so now or then...Other than that Methrage has fought numerous wars on my behalf and for that I would never desert or betray him...friends>infra...o/ Methrage o/ Limitless Nexus

You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of DanceAThon 2005. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Last Tax Collection: 9/23/2014 9:54:26 AM
Last Bill Payment: 9/23/2014 7:35:57 AM
Desired Religion: None
Desired Government: Transitional
Threat Level: Severe 
Tax Rate: 30%
Number of Spies: 800
Last Nuke Purchase: None
Last Wonder Purchase: 9/5/2014
Total Money: $308,243,663
Technology: 501.95 Levels
Trade Partners: Drenai, Nation of Allen, Icebergia, DAR LAND
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Military XP Ratings: Army XP: 21, Navy XP: 0, Air Force XP: 482, Intelligence XP: 77
Assigned Generals: Air Force XP Level 83, Army XP Level 90, Intelligence XP Level 38
Total Aircraft: 49
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 342
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 45
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:

• Corvettes: 0
  • Landing Ships: 0
  • Battleships: 0
  • Cruisers: 0
  • Frigates: 0
  • Destroyers: 0
  • Submarines: 0
  • Aircraft Carriers: 0

Although the mission was a success your spies were caught, 20 spies were killed, and your identity has been publicly revealed.

You mean the conflict where you deleted your AA and all your members got raided? o_O

Only a small portion, actually. I gave forewarning prior to that date and of those that were raided, nations that wanted to (ooc: keep playing CN) were assisted in peacing-out and finding new homes. Offered aid as well, though only one person responded. AE had lingering inactivity problems before the war started and disbanding was discussed a number of times, since I was stuck as leader without any willing successor.

Given methrage's inability to negotiate in good faith (ooc: I offered to accept perma-war in exchange for the rest of AE getting peace and told him my ooc reasons for wanting it but he thought that offer was a valid excuse to start demanding ig cash) and the lack of point in keeping AE going for the sake of my own ego - combined with my lack of will to file all necessary paperwork were instrumental in my making a decision that I obviously have regrets over.

Unknown Smurf talked himself into a war, and obviously has regrets over his decision. So did I, when I realised that methrage and his ilk are impossible to parley with. Now, hopefully his decision to chain through the oA of a protectorate that was never activated and thus give methrage more reason to reject an earlier settlement, will be regretted.

I have never deserted nor have I surrendered during any wars ever in my 7+ years of ruling Dixie Cove would be my simple answer and  I am not going to start doing so now or then...Other than that Methrage has fought numerous wars on my behalf and for that I would never desert or betray him...friends>infra...o/ Methrage o/ Limitless Nexus

I offered a blanket white peace as a counter-offer to methage offering peace for himself and nobody else in LN, as you well know.

You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of DanceAThon 2005. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Last Tax Collection: 9/23/2014 9:54:26 AM
Desired Religion: None
Desired Government: Transitional
Threat Level: Severe 
Tax Rate: 30%
Number of Spies: 800
Last Nuke Purchase: None
Last Wonder Purchase: 9/5/2014
Total Money: $308,243,663
Technology: 501.95 Levels
Trade Partners: Drenai, Nation of Allen, Icebergia, DAR LAND
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Military XP Ratings: Army XP: 21, Navy XP: 0, Air Force XP: 482, Intelligence XP: 77
Assigned Generals: Air Force XP Level 83, Army XP Level 90, Intelligence XP Level 38
Total Aircraft: 49
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 342
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 45
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:

• Corvettes: 0
  • Landing Ships: 0
  • Battleships: 0
  • Cruisers: 0
  • Frigates: 0
  • Destroyers: 0
  • Submarines: 0
  • Aircraft Carriers: 0

Although the mission was a success your spies were caught, 20 spies were killed, and your identity has been publicly revealed.

This must be how Jennifer Lawrence feels....

Edited by MitchellBade

Given methrage's inability to negotiate in good faith

I am going to clip the [ooc] allegations and all that and cut right to it.

You promised us a long war and then you disbanded. You did not make any attempt whatsoever to get peace with us. I was sitting in your irc channel all day, every day, where were you? Not in your channel, not in my channel, not in any of the channels I watch... but still online to send a query to at your usual time I noticed. Not that you responded to me. I repeat, you made no effort whatsoever to negotiate anything. You egged us on, then disbanded, claimed to be deleting, and then you got someone else to come and ask us on your behalf if you couldnt just slink away quietly into his alliance instead.

None of which I would even mention were it not for you coming right back in here immediately and talking smack again. You are a wonder of nature sir. All mouth and no danglies at all.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

You promised us a long war and then you disbanded. You did not make any attempt whatsoever to get peace with us.

The one-man AA demands people sit in his channel and acts haughtily only because of a deal with AI. At no point during the war was that viable due for a variety of (ooc) reasons, and by the time you started mouthing off for real, the negotiations had already been exhausted. Oh, and then you decide to poach ops. Easy to accuse, harder to admit to your own errors - which I have.

I don't negotiate with people on the sideline, other than a successful endeavour to prevent doornail from escalating the conflict which smurf decided to conveniently disregard later on. I negotiated with methrage directly, via pm and irc. With rey's approval, white peace was offered and accepted multiple times, before war jesus' slapping of stonewall. Meth's decision to reject and frustrate the numerous offers pelted at him was his alone. I'm only here so I can keep watching the house of cards fall to the ground.