IRON Announcement

Regardless, the point about not wanting to flip NG over to the other side remains.

NG has always happily fought for DH/CnG, so it was obvious who they were going to fight for unless they're the type of alliance who suddenly switch sides when their long time allies end up in a losing war. Them signing treaties all over the place doesn't change where their core loyalties lie. If you think NG would ever choose to prioritize NPO's interests over those of DH, then you're deceiving yourselves. They likely have treaties like the one with you guys mostly to limit whatever opposition them and their core allies can possibly face, rather than them considering you guys a core ally.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh yes, the standard Pacifican denial tactic.   :smug:

I said to a few people as the war was winding down that we'll see where NPO's strategy gets them.  So far no closer to C&G, lost the IRON treaty, and AI, who stood to be a loyal spear carrier for you, semi-imploded and your man there fell from the Triumvirate.  Not well so far.  But hey, the post-war is young and people are distracted by other targets.  You can still salvage things...maybe.

The day after the war was always gonna be their peak. They navigated their FA to temporarily unite groups that would have never been united otherwise. When war came, the delicate balance became tougher and tougher to maintain but they did their best. After the war - and literally in the last days of it - you saw signs that it was going to implode.

On the other hand, this "fall from grace" might be a paying move for the NPO, as it appears weaker and is less likely to become the next target. Staying at the top, juggling with several spheres of power, would have definitely painted them as the new kings. It's not a good position to be in.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

NG has always happily fought for DH/CnG, so it was obvious who they were going to fight for unless they're the type of alliance who suddenly switch sides when their long time allies end up in a losing war. Them signing treaties all over the place doesn't change where their core loyalties lie. If you think NG would ever choose to prioritize NPO's interests over those of DH, then you're deceiving yourselves. They likely have treaties like the one with you guys mostly to limit whatever opposition them and their core allies can possibly face, rather than them considering you guys a core ally.

NG and NPO both had, among other things against Umbrella, a very major beef over Umbrella's really stupid antics aiding GOD (who were at war with NPO and NG) during the Dave war.  NG was stuck with alliances on both sides that they really liked (being allies and all) as well as alliances that they really hated.  Their balancing act was to declare that they would defend their allies on both sides against counters.  Competence navigated that well, eQ did not, hence NG eventually ending up on our side.

Edited by Azaghul

NG and NPO both had, among other things against Umbrella, a very major beef over Umbrella's really stupid antics aiding GOD (who were at war with NPO and NG) during the Dave war.  NG was stuck with alliances on both sides that they really liked (being allies and all) as well as alliances that they really hated.  Their balancing act was to declare that they would defend their allies on both sides against counters.  Competence navigated that well, eQ did not, hence NG eventually ending up on our side.

Of course DH coalition managed to not hit NG allies, since they were fighting a defensive war. Nothing to be proud of.

NG ..., so it was obvious who they were going to fight for..

Yes. For the coalition that doesn't cross their "red line" (already explained what that was). Some alliances in Eq foolishly did, and made a huge dent on interests, efforts and success of the entire coalition as well as going against its will. Unhappiness which that caused can not be misplaced.

Of course those that are unhappy with the decisiveness of EQs victory and are these days very accusatory in that respect, do not mention this significant mistake which cost strength and effort for EQ. They prioritize other, incorrect, things which seems to be their new post war political agenda.

That is fine, but when it gets debunked piece by piece let us not constantly revert to the same incorrect assumptions or "facts".

Edited by Branimir

Of course DH coalition managed to not hit NG allies, since they were fighting a defensive war. Nothing to be proud of.

It's really an easy thing to do for either side. Avoid aggressively hitting their allies.  The fact that EQ had alliances dumb enough to do it has nothing to do with which side they were on.

Ahh yes, the standard Pacifican denial tactic.   :smug:

I said to a few people as the war was winding down that we'll see where NPO's strategy gets them.  So far no closer to C&G, lost the IRON treaty, and AI, who stood to be a loyal spear carrier for you, semi-imploded and your man there fell from the Triumvirate.  Not well so far.  But hey, the post-war is young and people are distracted by other targets.  You can still salvage things...maybe.

Regarding Ai... what in the hell are you talking about?

Where is your proof for this? Is this the line you people are touting these days? Because it's one hundred percent wrong. I would prefer you people not going around making up lies such as this.

The best kept secret is one that is never told. But next you're going to tell us you were Brehon's chambermaid before the war and read all of his correspondences left on his bedside table, so you know "100%".

Edited by the rebel

It's pretty telling that probably any alliance that you aren't directly allied to in this game would rather fight you than fight us. But that's fine, keep taking your shots, and believing that you'll ever use that vaunted war machine of yours, if you can ever figure out which parts aren't rusted shut.

Yeah it means no one cares what happens to you. Sorry about your luck.

The best kept secret is one that is never told. But next you're going to tell us you were Brehon's chambermaid before the war and read all of his correspondences left on his bedside table, so you know "100%".

Yes, a secret between ChairmanHal and Brehon...that you know about. Right.

Reading in sequence and understanding of said words has failed you again? Shocker.

ChairmanHal made a statement that you backed up with your post. Either there's a breakdown in basic comprehension on your part, or there's a breakdown in basic comprehension on your part.

ChairmanHal made a statement that you backed up with your post. Either there's a breakdown in basic comprehension on your part, or there's a breakdown in basic comprehension on your part.

So its true you can't read in sequence and understand words, since the whole focus of my post was Jrenster saying everything is 100% wrong hence my mocking post that he must of been reading all of Brehon's correspondence to know that its 100% wrong as how else would he know.

You're trying way too hard Neo Uruk.

Edited by the rebel

LMAO. Oh you...

Thanks for contributing to the "I know" pile.

So its true you can't read in sequence and understand words, since the whole focus of my post was Jrenster saying everything is 100% wrong hence my mocking post that he must of been reading all of Brehon's correspondence to know that its 100% wrong as how else would he know.

You're trying way too hard Neo Uruk.

So why play the "secret" card when it's about NPO in general, not just Brehon?  If Brehon went to great lengths to protect CnG, you would think quite a few people would know that.  Especially in NPO.  So far we have speculation from the likes of you and IRON.

Edited by Neo Uruk

NPO decided to give DH theirs the minute Umbrella attacked NATO and l337/MK lied about their part in it, and then spent months working it out with everyone including NG pre- and post-upgrade.  But, hey, bud, if you're cool with allies who actively plot against you with their other allies, it was your surrender to sign.

It's too bad Umbrella isn't like the Equilibrium crew and willing to agree to limit damage to enemy combatants (as Brehon indicated earlier in this thread). NATO was on the other side hitting an ally of ours, so we hit them. And thus our evil malevolent nations were added to The List and persecuted months later.

It's too bad Umbrella isn't like the Equilibrium crew and willing to agree to limit damage to enemy combatants (as Brehon indicated earlier in this thread). NATO was on the other side hitting an ally of ours, so we hit them. And thus our evil malevolent nations were added to The List and persecuted months later.

Nothing wrong with it, can't blame you in the least.  If you were hitting our ally, we'd hit you too :P

So why play the "secret" card when it's about NPO in general, not just Brehon?  If Brehon went to great lengths to protect CnG, you would think quite a few people would know that.  Especially in NPO.  So far we have speculation from the likes of you and IRON.

So you're speculating about what I'm thinking now, since I've never said "went to great lengths" and only thing Ive repeated to a degree is what is in the OP, so bravo.

Also if you think all correspondence between separate leaders gets shared with everyone else in their government and not on a need to know basis, then you're naive. But why you're all over a mocking comment not even aimed at you like a rash, means you are trying way too hard my friend.

AFAIK NPO never said anything about helping us at all. We said we knew where they stood and that we understood. They said the same about us and that was pretty much it... If they did punk everyone in EQ into not going after CnG (Newsflash none of you had to listen...) then it was of their own volition(...again AFAIK... I wasn't deep into the FA aspect of the war...just the warring.) and we appreciate whatever they did for us...especially since apparently it was taken this badly by their coalition people. I've never seen hint one where we asked them for anything or they offered anything as far as any kind of help went or that we even discussed it. I could be wrong. I don't know what Dream and Manis were doing.

I think whatever one's opinion may be, it's hard not to respect the forthright reasoning in the opening post.

Yeah it means no one cares what happens to you. Sorry about your luck.

If I recall correctly, Schattenmann posted a thread highlighting your repeated calls to your membership to declare war, and they were all ignored or botched. To be sure, it was something those in the coalition leadership suspected was the case (and assumed would be the case early on as well), but for some time now it has been moved out of the realm of speculation into that of documented fact. When it came down to what matters, you did not have a tiered strategy last war, you did not have a plan to reserve your strength, you had a complete and utter inability to lift your fist to fight. You are personally useless as an alliance official, useless as a commentator on this forum as well, and you hail from a useless alliance. Always keep those three things in mind, because in a way they define who you are in this world.

GATO managed to declare 16 offensive wars in a period of two months while its ally and blocmate burned. Sixteen. In two months. You are a non-factor, a rounding error in war statistics, unable to do even the most basic of allied functions. Have you asked yourself what exactly your alliance is good for? Have you wondered if your allies have asked themselves the same thing? Given that your uselessness is axiomatic at this point, I have to say I truly believe that, at the end of the day, it is you and GATO that no one cares what happens to magicninja.

Regardless, I wish you the best in whatever trying times may lay ahead.

Edited by Il Impero Romano