IRON Announcement

I can list the number of alliances that weren't a discredit to eQ on one hand.

Amazing how this bumbling band of idiots managed to defeat the most militarily fearsome alliances in the world. NPO, lead us to glory! With your force-multiplying organizational skills! Your invincible upper tier! And Your unwavering loyalty to the cause! We are nothing without you.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me when I say that Brehon very much put protection of C&G over the needs and wants of the rest of the EQ Coalition.  It would have been nice however if they had made clear just how much they planned to do so before the war started.  This cancellation isn't just about whether EQ won in 2 months or 4.

Yes, Brehon put the protection of CnG over the needs and wants of Equilibrium. Of course, he couldn't have fought against CnG's direct allies or that would have ruined the charade.  Wait.

Amazing how this bumbling band of idiots managed to defeat the most militarily fearsome alliances in the world. NPO, lead us to glory! With your force-multiplying organizational skills! Your invincible upper tier! And Your unwavering loyalty to the cause! We are nothing without you.

It's amazing that you wrote this as sarcasm but it's exactly what happened.  Numbers won out over quality.

Edited by Neo Uruk

No, see, on EQ's side GATO wouldn't have had to hide their upper tier.

Your argument is a "Jamarcus Russell" effort. Not really good, but it's ok because it's irrelevant anyways.

Russell is a never was...and GATO at some point in the distant past actually shined.  Let's compromise at Chad Johnson.

GATO's upper tier would have fallen under heavy attack depending on where in the line of battle they fell and given how infra heavy they are in relation to their tech, it would have ended badly or they would have had to button up and hide.  But hey, I was fighting in the heavy weight division...maybe if they had found a sector with less sharks swimming about, and they weren't too...methodical and exacting...they could have made a good showing.

I agree, CoJ are a bumbling band of idiots.

Russell is a never was...and GATO at some point in the distant past actually shined.  Let's compromise at Chad Johnson.

GATO's upper tier would have fallen under heavy attack depending on where in the line of battle they fell and given how infra heavy they are in relation to their tech, it would have ended badly or they would have had to button up and hide.  But hey, I was fighting in the heavy weight division...maybe if they had found a sector with less sharks swimming about, and they weren't too...methodical and exacting...they could have made a good showing.

I was speaking about your argument, not GATO.

And yes, everyone's upper tier was under heavy attack on EQ's side. Nobody left this war unscathed.

Yes, Brehon put the protection of CnG over the needs and wants of Equilibrium. Of course, he couldn't have fought against CnG's direct allies or that would have ruined the charade.  Wait.

It's amazing that you wrote this as sarcasm but it's exactly what happened.  Numbers won out over quality.

I didn't say it was a good plan, did I?  More like a damn risky one with too much risk to reward ratio for me.

History (Planet Bob and elsewhere...) is full of examples were quantity beat quality.  It would be foolish to declare Umbrella and MK anything but exceptional fighters, particularly in the upper ranks.  But quality fighters do not guarantee victory, as the Umbrella side of the war discovered.

I agree, CoJ are a bumbling band of idiots.

It must've really stung to have to admit you were defeated by a bumbling band of idiots (shepharded by just 5 or fewer competent AA's).

Edited by Prodigal Moon

I was speaking about your argument, not GATO.

And yes, everyone's upper tier was under heavy attack on EQ's side. Nobody left this war unscathed.

Actually I think I indicated that people taking plays off was a problem on both sides.  I'll let you look at the final war stats and see who they were.

I didn't say it was a good plan, did I?  More like a damn risky one with too much risk to reward ratio for me.

History (Planet Bob and elsewhere...) is full of examples were quantity beat quality.  It would be foolish to declare Umbrella and MK anything but exceptional fighters, particularly in the upper ranks.  But quality fighters do not guarantee victory, as the Umbrella side of the war discovered.

The thing is, such a vast [i]quantity[/i] was almost about to dwindle down. Some alliances were already war-weary (I don't even know how after two months) and on the verge of falling out or surrendering.

Trust me when I say that Brehon very much put protection of C&G over the needs and wants of the rest of the EQ Coalition.  It would have been nice however if they had made clear just how much they planned to do so before the war started.  This cancellation isn't just about whether EQ won in 2 months or 4.

Where is your proof for this? Is this the line you people are touting these days? Because it's one hundred percent wrong. I would prefer you people not going around making up lies such as this.

The thing is, such a vast quantity was almost about to dwindle down. Some alliances were already war-weary (I don't even know how after two months) and on the verge of falling out or surrendering.

I'm only aware of a couple on the EQ side and at least one of them was a small alliance that had pretty much went all in and was pretty badly mauled.  Warchests may have been an issue for others, but there was enough money floating around coalition wide that they could have been sustained.  It would have been interesting to see how things went if we had gone another month.  That the Umbrella side surrendered though tells me that things weren't any better on their side and may have even been worse...else why agree to end the war?  Stretching it out gave them the possibility of fighting things to a draw.

Now I'm defending NPO and GATO in the same topic.

GATO attacked select targets with careful precision and decisive follow through in the eQuilibrium war.  Their wars were methodical, exacting, and tactically well thought out.  Their astute strategy of using their strengths and avoiding eQ's strengths was classically well developed.

If GATO had shirked some agreements and sided with eQ (something that was hoped for by some parties, thought they'll likely deny it now) they would be basking in the praises and adulation of the same OWF masses who now denigrate them.

I don't think so at all. Ask your friends in ODN how long it took to shake the "Optional Defense Network" stigma, NG was already getting hate mail for the UPN treaty, and I literally just praised VE who fought on the opposite side. We were hoping for GATO to do it, just because of the numerical advantage... but they certainly wouldn't be praised for it.

Where is your proof for this? Is this the line you people are touting these days? Because it's one hundred percent wrong. I would prefer you people not going around making up lies such as this.

Ahh yes, the standard Pacifican denial tactic.   :smug:

I said to a few people as the war was winding down that we'll see where NPO's strategy gets them.  So far no closer to C&G, lost the IRON treaty, and AI, who stood to be a loyal spear carrier for you, semi-imploded and your man there fell from the Triumvirate.  Not well so far.  But hey, the post-war is young and people are distracted by other targets.  You can still salvage things...maybe.

I'm sure there was another set of Alliances involved as well. After all, DH didn't declare war on itself.

The trigger event literally involved some Umbrella nations declaring on another Umbrella nation!

Ahh yes, the standard Pacifican denial tactic.   :smug:

I said to a few people as the war was winding down that we'll see where NPO's strategy gets them.  So far no closer to C&G, lost the IRON treaty, and AI, who stood to be a loyal spear carrier for you, semi-imploded and your man there fell from the Triumvirate.  Not well so far.  But hey, the post-war is young and people are distracted by other targets.  You can still salvage things...maybe.

Instead of falling back to silly stereotypes, why don't you try addressing my arguments?

I'm only aware of a couple on the EQ side and at least one of them was a small alliance that had pretty much went all in and was pretty badly mauled.  Warchests may have been an issue for others, but there was enough money floating around coalition wide that they could have been sustained.  It would have been interesting to see how things went if we had gone another month.  That the Umbrella side surrendered though tells me that things weren't any better on their side and may have even been worse...else why agree to end the war?  Stretching it out gave them the possibility of fighting things to a draw.

A couple of alliances didn't quite follow proper strategy, so it was better to get out in case they were going to fold.

Didn't Brehon just say earlier in this thread that NPO, AI, and IRON agreed ahead of time to focus on Umb and give MK and C&G a break based on NG's ties to MK?

Didn't Brehon just say earlier in this thread that NPO, AI, and IRON agreed ahead of time to focus on Umb and give MK and C&G a break based on NG's ties to MK?

He was talking about not hitting alliances allied to NG so as to not flip them over to their side. That was the agreement. Considering how CnG was swamped by so many alliances at the beginning of the war, I cannot see how that was any implication that we were going light on them so we can preserve CnG vs the desires of the coalition (in hindsight, that doesn't even mean anything given how discombobulated it was). Edited by Jrenster

I also was disappointed to see NPO wanting to cozy up with the other side and doing what they could to try preserving the strength of many alliances fighting for Doom House, so I can understand IRON's reasoning for this. If NPO tries becoming a superpower again by trying to ally all the major powers, I think it seems likely to backfire.

Good luck.

IRON, AI and NPO agreed to these points for the war to start:

Umbrella would take significant damage to reduce their power
Umbrella would be taken from its "untouchable" position
There would be no reps.
Damage would be kept at a lower level for MK and potentially GOONS for our joint ally in NG.
NG would support whoever was hit (either side)

Unfortunately to achieve the main goal, tough calls had to be made. Every ounce of damage to the Umbrella coalition required equal damage to Ai. Yes I was done with that. Some have forgotten that. I don't fault you. I don't fault IRON for moving on, in fact I called it very early on. For every other alliance that used that war to push a different agenda and now try to act all butt hurt; you are cowards and weak. But for IRON, nothing was done wrong here and I wish them the best. They have different goal posts now, may they achieve them.

For the EQ war, lets go over some simple details. At the end of it, NE and I talked and he said he trusted my judgement. The extended war on Umbrella failed because those other agenda groups couldn't hit CnG more, couldn't hit NG more, couldn't hit MK or GOONS more, couldn't hit TOP more all dove out quick. Save me your rhetoric. In fact it is 100% accurate to say those that wanted more on TOP, CnG or MK/GOONS got shafted. So, go make your own war and wear the big boy pants... or just shut up. And this is why micro's & the treaty web fails. You can't war on your own so you have to ride someone else then get all upset when YOUR needs aren't met.

If you want YOUR needs met, then handle your business better. /cheers spreadsheet warriors.

Those of you saying this was my war. You are correct in parts. Aspects of this war were planned and executed by a small circle of people of which I was a part of.

Umbrella was the target. Umbrella took the physical damage. Umbrella took the political/image damage. That is win. If it wasn't for you... do something about it. And now you know why you weren't at the big boy table or channel.

This is the one I was talking about. I remembered it as referencing C&G as well, but was mistaken.