• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in being respected, just not by you.

Out of a desire to not derail this discussion any further, I'll clarify my implication as being that VE has avoided making huge sacrifices in the last two wars by making smaller ones, and leave it at that. 

"Smaller sacrifices" in this case being 3/4 of their NS.

Also there's a reason that I didn't specify "my" personal respect in my original post.  I know I don't have anyone's respect.  Incidentally, that's what made it so hilarious when you had to issue a half-hearted apology to me.  But I digress.  The point is that practically nobody respects you, and bashing coalition mates who actually made sacrifices for the cause only serves to further alienate you.  Not that we expect anything better from MK.

Would be a dull place without a bit of back-and-forth, no?

Look, Mr. Sweaty Potato Head, or whatever your name is...

Your avatar is not half as stupid as your opinions and the things you qualify as thoughts.  You are just a blabbermouth of a retarded version of sanity, and as sad as it sounds, it appears that you believe the insanity you belch forth!

Go to bed, brother.  :)

Haven't you heard the hegemony is back

Not quite yet. Give it time though.

Your avatar is not half as stupid as your opinions and the things you qualify as thoughts.  You are just a blabbermouth of a retarded version of sanity, and as sad as it sounds, it appears that you believe the insanity you belch forth!

Intelligent discourse makes Bob a more interesting place. You are not contributing, brother.

I ran the numbers a while back and Magicninja is right, the % of available defensive slots filled for GATO has been much less than for any other CnG alliance.  They just weren't being targeted as much, so you would expect a lower % NS lost.  

Also, it makes sense to post a TWiX-type expose when you are on the losing side of a war and are trying to build political capital.  This publication, however, I just don't see the point.  It feels cheap and immature to try and kick an alliance on the losing side of war.  Is it just a way to stroke the ego?

The fact that GATO came in later than the rest of C&G and had 80% in Peace mode for most of the conflict has really nothing to do with the lack of filled defensive slots right?

Let's try again.....

I can only lament at what could have been had we all followed the strategy.....oh well try this war again.
 GATO isn't the type to bring it really. You know that. Everyone does. Still would not surprise me if something went badly for you guys before we repeat this war.

Why repeat it, bring out everyone and we'll just go one on one for a while. I mean you have been steamrolling us right? So here's your chance, GATO and R&R 1 on 1, finish what you claim you started.

Please point out where anyone is CnG has ever done this?  I'll wait.  CnG does not, and has never, condoned spying especially of this sort that serve no tactical or political purpose other than rubbing your opponents nose in the dirt.  I like the argument though, that because somebody, somewhere made fun of a losing alliance that justifies it in all cases.  Nice logic and nice world you guys are building here.  

Also, thanks for welcoming me to Bob.  I guess I missed my welcoming committee those 6 years ago when I, you know, actually joined Bob.

C&G preempted an alliance on information that if true could only have been obtained by spying, C&G fought for a coalition that spied 2 wars in a row. But it's only fair when it's your side doing it, right?

GATO did pretty good. Biggest Legion warmode guy is 60k right now. Biggest Rnr guy is 63k. Legion got crushed.

Timmehhh, I bet GATO appreciates the support, but you're giving yourself and many others not enough credit. Simple truth is ODN and MK did the most damage to R&R this war and we only fought a decent amount of wars against ODN for about 2 weeks and 1 week against MK. By the time GATO came in we had only 2 maybe 3 nations left at 100K ns. GATO outnumbered them and did kick the remnants down a bit, but some of the few nations that came out of PM only did so after anyone we had was out of range except maybe our number one who has had his defensive slots filled all war.

At the start of the war it really annoyed me that GATO was in PM, halfway through i stopped caring. They want to call it a tactic, fine by me they can call it whatever they want. But claiming they did massive damage to us is just bullshit and is stealing credit from alliances like ODN and MK who actually did do a fair amount of damage to us without having the luxury of the down declare.

Magicninja talks about our top tier like it was a challenge.. we went into the war with 12 nations 1 200K and 11 ranging from 130K down to 100K and most of them had fought 2 or 3 rounds before GATO entered the war. What 130-100K nation is still above 100K after 2 or 3 weeks of nuclear war without re-buying? MagicNinja also tries to make their contribution seem bigger by claiming all our toptier kept rebuying, again false, a few did rebuy somewhat, but lets be fair, last 2 wars every 60K+ nation we had got rolled. We didn't have the time to rebuild and get warchests that would allow for constant rebuying. most of our toptier had to make due with maybe 2B warchest if they where lucky enough to be able to grow it to that point.

MN claims it was always GATO's intention to get everyone in the fight, anyone that wants to see is free to look at the spied warchests of GATO nations, half of them wouldn't last a week.. some of them even came out of PM because they couldn't afford it anymore.

In short, GATO's contributions (at least against R&R where very limited and not a lot more than a distraction. If others in the 'competence' coalition feel that was enough of a contribution, then fine who cares what equilibrium thinks. But let's not support some wild fantasies of GATO having put anyone through the grinder.

SO what we learned:

GATO couldn't get 5 out of 180+ nations to follow orders. Magicninja got mad. Stupid perfectionist.

What else?

If you order 180 people to do something and 5 dont do it, great shape. However with over 100 nations in peace mode there are 2 possibilities:
1. You ordered 180 nations to get out of PM and 100 didn't follow orders
2. You ordered less than 80 nations out of pm and 5 disregarded orders.

But you cant order 5 people to do something and when they all disobey say well we have 180 members so 5 out of 180 isn't too bad, cause its still 100% of the people you actually ordered to do something.

That said, it could have been worse (not even kidding) GATO was on the losing coalition and managed to stay relatively unharmed. Debates on if its helpful or honorable or anything aside, thats an accomplishment in itself as to where last war GATO managed to have numbers on their side, be in the winning coalition, having a total domination in most tiers and managed to waste all that advantage on having to many nations in peace mode. Back then it gave us an opportunity to put up a good fight instead of being totally outnumbered. Now the peace mode nations accomplished to avoid GATO losing a lot and added to frustration on our side. So at least you accomplished something with it this time.

photo-thumb-1590.jpg?_r=1354340560

When you're using "Mr. Sweaty Potato Head" as an insult, it's probably time to stop posting all together. Especially when it's followed up with a gem like "blabbermouth of a retarded version of sanity". You are ridiculous. Edited by WorldConqueror

photo-thumb-1590.jpg?_r=1354340560

When you're using "Mr. Sweaty Potato Head" as an insult, it's probably time to start stop posting all together. Especially when it's followed up with a gem like "blabbermouth of a retarded version of sanity". You are ridiculous.

Hey, I lol'd at Mr. Sweaty Potato Head, so no u, Mr. Sweaty Potato Head.

So here's your chance, GATO and R&R 1 on 1, finish what you claim you started.

I hope GATO takes this opportunity. Not because I dislike RnR, but because too much posturing occurs. Someone bring it. No outside aid. No Ghosting 3-4 Cycles. Roll on. 

I hope GATO takes this opportunity. Not because I dislike RnR, but because too much posturing occurs. Someone bring it. No outside aid. No Ghosting 3-4 Cycles. Roll on. 

I'm up for it. I have a few nations I wanna fight one on one too.

The fact that GATO came in later than the rest of C&G and had 80% in Peace mode for most of the conflict has really nothing to do with the lack of filled defensive slots right?Why repeat it, bring out everyone and we'll just go one on one for a while. I mean you have been steamrolling us right? So here's your chance, GATO and R&R 1 on 1, finish what you claim you started.

C&G preempted an alliance on information that if true could only have been obtained by spying, C&G fought for a coalition that spied 2 wars in a row. But it's only fair when it's your side doing it, right?

Timmehhh, I bet GATO appreciates the support, but you're giving yourself and many others not enough credit. Simple truth is ODN and MK did the most damage to R&R this war and we only fought a decent amount of wars against ODN for about 2 weeks and 1 week against MK. By the time GATO came in we had only 2 maybe 3 nations left at 100K ns. GATO outnumbered them and did kick the remnants down a bit, but some of the few nations that came out of PM only did so after anyone we had was out of range except maybe our number one who has had his defensive slots filled all war.

At the start of the war it really annoyed me that GATO was in PM, halfway through i stopped caring. They want to call it a tactic, fine by me they can call it whatever they want. But claiming they did massive damage to us is just bullshit and is stealing credit from alliances like ODN and MK who actually did do a fair amount of damage to us without having the luxury of the down declare.

Magicninja talks about our top tier like it was a challenge.. we went into the war with 12 nations 1 200K and 11 ranging from 130K down to 100K and most of them had fought 2 or 3 rounds before GATO entered the war. What 130-100K nation is still above 100K after 2 or 3 weeks of nuclear war without re-buying? MagicNinja also tries to make their contribution seem bigger by claiming all our toptier kept rebuying, again false, a few did rebuy somewhat, but lets be fair, last 2 wars every 60K+ nation we had got rolled. We didn't have the time to rebuild and get warchests that would allow for constant rebuying. most of our toptier had to make due with maybe 2B warchest if they where lucky enough to be able to grow it to that point.

MN claims it was always GATO's intention to get everyone in the fight, anyone that wants to see is free to look at the spied warchests of GATO nations, half of them wouldn't last a week.. some of them even came out of PM because they couldn't afford it anymore.

In short, GATO's contributions (at least against R&R where very limited and not a lot more than a distraction. If others in the 'competence' coalition feel that was enough of a contribution, then fine who cares what equilibrium thinks. But let's not support some wild fantasies of GATO having put anyone through the grinder.
If you order 180 people to do something and 5 dont do it, great shape. However with over 100 nations in peace mode there are 2 possibilities:
1. You ordered 180 nations to get out of PM and 100 didn't follow orders
2. You ordered less than 80 nations out of pm and 5 disregarded orders.

But you cant order 5 people to do something and when they all disobey say well we have 180 members so 5 out of 180 isn't too bad, cause its still 100% of the people you actually ordered to do something.

That said, it could have been worse (not even kidding) GATO was on the losing coalition and managed to stay relatively unharmed. Debates on if its helpful or honorable or anything aside, thats an accomplishment in itself as to where last war GATO managed to have numbers on their side, be in the winning coalition, having a total domination in most tiers and managed to waste all that advantage on having to many nations in peace mode. Back then it gave us an opportunity to put up a good fight instead of being totally outnumbered. Now the peace mode nations accomplished to avoid GATO losing a lot and added to frustration on our side. So at least you accomplished something with it this time.

I'll talk to my guys.

Also, I ordered 140 to peace and 40 out there abouts. I guess we can throw the 4 that didn't make it to peace. Newyy, xkirra, ebagger, and I think 1 more.....in on those who didn't follow orders since they didn't get to pm and the 5 ordered out that didn't So I'll give you that 9 didn't follow orders out of the whole alliance. Is that really that bad? 1/20....5%......C'mon that is pretty good. To be fair I likely would have had to wear out my fingers typing angry messages if I had tried to bring out other tiers in force. After a few months in PM most probably gave up checking in everyday etc.

When GATO took over on RnR as the chief guys upstairs you had 17 over 80K and 26 over 60k. by the end you had no nations over 80k in war mode and 1 over 60k.... C'mon man that's a rout. Your side should have had us beat under 100k at least......Especially since at the same time we were fighting Legion who had nearly as many as you did in those ranges...... Nevermind what we hit in Invicta, GOD, and DB4D, and Fark. Which combined might have had that many. You guys drug 4 guys down I think and held them down. but when you consider we wrecked dozens of nations....some who wont recover......it was a pretty bad beat for all of you combined. RnR was the best built and will have the easiest time recovering. I kinda feel bad for Legion though. 

I'll talk to my guys.

Also, I ordered 140 to peace and 40 out there abouts. I guess we can throw the 4 that didn't make it to peace. Newyy, xkirra, ebagger, and I think 1 more.....in on those who didn't follow orders since they didn't get to pm and the 5 ordered out that didn't So I'll give you that 9 didn't follow orders out of the whole alliance. Is that really that bad? 1/20....5%......C'mon that is pretty good. To be fair I likely would have had to wear out my fingers typing angry messages if I had tried to bring out other tiers in force. After a few months in PM most probably gave up checking in everyday etc.

When GATO took over on RnR as the chief guys upstairs you had 17 over 80K and 26 over 60k. by the end you had no nations over 80k in war mode and 1 over 60k.... C'mon man that's a rout. Your side should have had us beat under 100k at least......Especially since at the same time we were fighting Legion who had nearly as many as you did in those ranges...... Nevermind what we hit in Invicta, GOD, and DB4D, and Fark. Which combined might have had that many. You guys drug 4 guys down I think and held them down. but when you consider we wrecked dozens of nations....some who wont recover......it was a pretty bad beat for all of you combined. RnR was the best built and will have the easiest time recovering. I kinda feel bad for Legion though. 

When you bring out your entire alliance and beat RnR, you can call it a rout.