I think he's referring to a previous war when VE fought on the other side to GOD but still tried to protect GOD by only 'allowing' certain alliances to hit them.

Nah, pretty sure he's talking about the Dave War when VE fought on GOD's side, but made it known they were only there "for GOD" and didn't have anyone else's best interest in mind.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, pretty sure he's talking about the Dave War when VE fought on GOD's side, but made it known they were only there "for GOD" and didn't have anyone else's best interest in mind.

I certainly hope he isn't talking about that since VE's decision was appropriate for the time.

Any time you have to identify something as "a simple statement of fact" it almost certainly isn't.

Omni is right though.

Your acquiescence throughout the entire post-Karma era is a testament in itself to your thoughts on spying and kicking alliances while they're down. I could gather a large wealth of examples in which CnG actively participated in protecting spies (such as Dave war), provided passive and moral support for those actions (as with bros or with NSO-Legion incident. The time Zoom spied followed by several CnG members running to the thread to laugh at CSN's info. The time you and your lot made Vlad a folk hero for handing out GOD's war chests), or kicked alliances around while they were down (most notably Polar, although one could include several SF alliances. A very concrete example would be the MEAT incident. This is ignoring completely RoK's situation.). Your governmental figures, most notably Rushsykes and Magicninja have said publically they didn't give one fuck about the moral issues. They only wanted to beat up on SF. So again, please read up on recent history before making claims of how you've "never done something". It's really cute to see you guys become moralist as soon as you lose a little infra. If this is what the "new hegemony" is about, I'm going to be laughing a whole hell of a lot.

Also to clear up confusion, my point is CnG/DH decrying spying and "rubbing a defeated opponents nose in the dirt" is hypocrisy at its finest. There is no "argument" it is a simple statement of fact.

The sins of the ally are visited upon the bloc.  Welcome to the SF experience.

There is no amazing strategy. you went into peacemode and then came out when most of the fighting was done.

Your allies fought to break down your enemies, you did not do much.

You strategy is akin to your team bringing a football up the pitch doing a good performance to avoid tackles and losing the ball and then you(GATO) tapping the ball into the net despite giving no support to the team, then claiming that you're(GATO) brilliant.

Holy crossed sports references batman.  Pick one sport and stick with it for the whole metaphor.

Safe to say that we would gladly fight along side VE in the future.  GATO...hmm.  Not my first choice.

From the perspective of somebody who's been fighting alongside GATO, you'd be missing out.  They're a better group than this thread gives them credit for.  That's not a shot at VE by any means, they've certainly earned a level of respect on the global stage, but GATO would be far from the last group on a list of alliances I'd want on my side in coalition warfare.

Holy crossed sports references batman.  Pick one sport and stick with it for the whole metaphor.

It is one sport, not handegg.

What is it with everybody ITT having VE's nuts in their mouth? There is no 'honor' in being stupid and bum-rushing into a beat down that could have been partially mitigated with a basic use of tactics.

You mean losses could have been prevented by staying in peacemode. 

Edited by Commander shepard

Watching magicninja's career sink is the best part of this thread.

We have elections up soon. We'll have to wait and see. Maybe he'll stand, maybe he won't. If he stands, maybe he'll win, maybe he won't. Or maybe we'll let someone else have a crack at it.  But I don't think his career has sunk. Wishful thinking on your part, I feel.

And then I ask myself, why would you feel pleasure if his career sinks. Maybe he is good at his job and you feel threatened by that in some way. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.

What is it with everybody ITT having VE's nuts in their mouth? There is no 'honor' in being stupid and bum-rushing into a beat down that could have been partially mitigated with a basic use of tactics.

Intelligence has nothing to do with honor, I'd burn in a war for VE after this event.

Why would anyone listen to you talk about honor?

Intelligence has nothing to do with honor, I'd burn in a war for VE after this event.

Well that's good to hear seeing as you guys are MDoAP allies, although I'm somewhat surprised to hear that this is a change of your previous opinion. That you don't even bother to defend their intelligence or lack thereof only makes this post even more hilarious to me.

Why would anyone listen to you talk about honor?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, holy shit hahahaha

You really don't even want to go there with me.

Well that's good to hear seeing as you guys are MDoAP allies, although I'm somewhat surprised to hear that this is a change of your previous opinion. That you don't even bother to defend their intelligence or lack thereof only makes this post even more hilarious to me.

I didn't know I needed to defend their intelligence when you were only questioning their honor, where in my comment does it say my opinion was changed? In fact it re-asserts my previous statement about their ties to GOD and their actions.

Haha what the heck man?  Aggression in war as a good thing and we'll buy more infra and tech when this is over. 

So when people go peacemode it's cowardice and when they go full-out it's stupidity? Let me guess, only eQ is doing it right?

I didn't know I needed to defend their intelligence when you were only questioning their honor, where in my comment does it say my opinion was changed? In fact it re-asserts my previous statement about their ties to GOD and their actions.

I question both. There's absolutely nothing honorable about making a terrible strategic decision and throwing your nations into the meat-grinder needlessly. What you see as a valiant fighting effort is little more than poor leadership. Failing to use peacemode as an effective tactic to limit damage and pick your battles is just as worthy of ridicule as the overuse of peacemode. I mean, what were they hoping to achieve? Because what they got is smashed down to 1.5m NS and an ANS of under 12k. I don't blame Kowalski and others in VE for being pissed that other alliances in the coalition haven't taken nearly as much damage, but I think they're taking their anger out on the wrong target. Not that I don't think GATO has made a quite liberal use of peace mode (from an objective standpoint here), but VE's war tacticians must be complete morons. This is the second war in a row that VE have just given up on trying to think and bum rushed in to get annihilated; except this time I doubt they're going to get out early for being ~honorable~.

So when people go peacemode it's cowardice and when they go full-out it's stupidity? Let me guess, only eQ is doing it right?

There is a way to use peacemode effectively. This isn't rocket science.

I joined NATO less than a week ago, and before that I was in an alliance completely neutral in this conflict due to conflicting treaty ties. I am hardly an EQ fanboy, which you could easily see if you've ever read any of my other posts this war. Hint: I defended GATO in some of their other threads, back when we were allied.

We have elections up soon. We'll have to wait and see. Maybe he'll stand, maybe he won't. If he stands, maybe he'll win, maybe he won't. Or maybe we'll let someone else have a crack at it.  But I don't think his career has sunk. Wishful thinking on your part, I feel.

And then I ask myself, why would you feel pleasure if his career sinks. Maybe he is good at his job and you feel threatened by that in some way. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.

Oh yes, I'm shaking in my boots at the prospect of this train wreck being elected to keep making a mess of your defense department for another couple of months.

I question both. There's absolutely nothing honorable about making a terrible strategic decision and throwing your nations into the meat-grinder needlessly. What you see as a valiant fighting effort is little more than poor leadership. Failing to use peacemode as an effective tactic to limit damage and pick your battles is just as worthy of ridicule as the overuse of peacemode. I mean, what were they hoping to achieve? Because what they got is smashed down to 1.5m NS and an ANS of under 12k. I don't blame Kowalski and others in VE for being pissed that other alliances in the coalition haven't taken nearly as much damage, but I think they're taking their anger out on the wrong target. Not that I don't think GATO has made a quite liberal use of peace mode (from an objective standpoint here), but VE's war tacticians must be complete morons. This is the second war in a row that VE have just given up on trying to think and bum rushed in to get annihilated; except this time I doubt they're going to get out early for being ~honorable~.

No, you didn't question their intelligence, you flat out called them stupid. Which is not the same thing as questioning, it's assuming. Everything they did is honorable, by the very definition of honorable. Everything in your conclusion has nothing to do with what honor is and has to do with intelligence which as I already told you is not what you initially questioned.

Hereno, I think it's important to put some things in perspective.  Yes VE went all in on our initial blitz as we have in every war we've fought.  The difference this time is NPO, IRON, and AI did a hell of a job in staggering us.  So what do you do when you're staggered?  Well if you have the war chest or the will, you keep attacking.  And yeah some of us did in those rare times when we found ourselves out of anarchy, declare more wars instead of going into PM, but that was because being in PM is boring and I hate being bored. 

Oh yes, I'm shaking in my boots at the prospect of this train wreck being elected to keep making a mess of your defense department for another couple of months.

So, I was wrong. I can live with that. There must be some other reason why you'd take pleasure in seeing if his career goes down the tubes.

So, I was wrong. I can live with that. There must be some other reason why you'd take pleasure in seeing if his career goes down the tubes.

When you've got nothing else going for you, I would assume other people's problems would be that much funnier.