My favorite part is where WAE's official strategy was to hide in hippie until they felt the war was coming to a close, then pop out at the last minute so they could pretend they sacrificed and fought hard.

And don't forget: The minute they found out that peace was even sooner than they thought, MagicNinja immediately rescinded his orders for the exact opposite effect, no wasted effort.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it is. I never said anything about VE until they decided to come over here and whine about whatever it is they are crying about.

GATO getting credit for being involved in a beatdown and going through the mill for their allies
GATO getting credit for being involved in a beatdown and going through the mill for their allies

I'm not sure how many times it can be said before you get it?

Your members didn't follow orders. Either they stod up and said no, they saw the request and chose to ignore it or were so inactive that they didn't see the request until days/weeks later. Either way your military performance in this war has been disinterested and flimsy, which is why I disgreed with people saying that you've been involved in a beatdown and had gone through a lot for your allies. You haven't. There may be a good reason for this and you may never have had the intention or responsibility to do so, but it doesn't change the fact that you guys getting credit for it is wrong.Ever seen that Chris Rock skit where he goes on about how parents claim credit for looking after their kids, before reminding them that YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT DUMBASS!? Well congratulations GATO, you've committed minimal resources to war effort on the same side as your bloc in an unresponsive and ineffecient manner. That's the bare minimum expected of you and you managed to hit those targets, well done. If you're happy with that and the "we did what was asked of us, I don't see what more we could have done" approach is one that you're comfortable taking then fine, but don't be ashamed of it. Like I said if people are going to give you credit for what you've done then I reserve the right to disagree.

And I'm eternally grateful that GATO doesn't owe us anything, as that would be one debt that would never be repaid.

Did they follow to the exact letter and get a perfect release? No, we have never gotten that and I would have been shocked if we had. You're talking about 5 guys Kowalski out of the whole alliance....you realize this right? Even if you wanted to extend to guys who didn't come out on the day I asked...you're adding like another 5-6 at most. We didn't start with many 80k-100k. Do you not see how ridiculously petty that is? 

Inefficient? You must be joking. Our damage dealt to received ratio has to be a hell of a lot better than yours. Here talking about efficiency........my god man. The way we did it was the absolute most efficient way to fight this war. Something obviously lost on VE. 

I'm not sure how many times it can be said before you get it?

I never said we got beatdown....far from it so I don't know why you're giving me or GATO shit for it.

self-esteem.jpg

given the name of the alliance in question and the translation often given to said alliance, this image proves rather fitting. could have even been used as a tlr for what came after the op. as simple a representaiton as it may be.

And don't forget: The minute they found out that peace was even sooner than they thought, MagicNinja immediately rescinded his orders for the exact opposite effect, no wasted effort.

What would be the point? Legion and RnR had already been pounded above 60k. I told them if they wanted to they could. Those who wanted did.   

Inefficient? You must be joking. Our damage dealt to received ratio has to be a hell of a lot better than yours. Here talking about efficiency........my god man. The way we did it was the absolute most efficient way to fight this war. Something obviously lost on VE. 

Rofl, because wars are won by the damage dealt ratio.

Well I certainly can't disgree with that, the less nations fighting does usually mean less damage received.

Take note of it and maybe you wouldn't be in the place you are now. Certainly if more alliances on our side had the chance to do it our way we could have pushed this war a lot farther. You wouldn't be in the shape you are now and a lot more alliances would be in as bad of shape if not worse off than RnR and Legion. 

CnG's hands are just as bloodied as DH's, so I'm not sure about that. Regardless, you do bring forth a mentality I have expected all along. History has shown, I wouldn't expect anything from Umb/DH either, VE.

EDIT:

Ahahahaha, and there is a DH rep right on queue! I hope VE is reading between the lines.

The difference being that Umb/GOONS are allied to VE, my alliance is not.

The way we did it was the absolute most efficient way to fight this war. Something obviously lost on VE. 

It's like say that the most efficient way to reduce the fuel consumption of a car is avoid to drive it.

Your members didn't follow orders. Either they stod up and said no, they saw the request and chose to ignore it or were so inactive that they didn't see the request until days/weeks later.

Five members were so inactive they didn't see the request until days/weeks later. How many times must it be repeated? It has been made abundantly clear. In GATO it is acceptable for people to have busy real lives. We aren't hardcore gamers, like most other alliances. We think of it as "only five people away, you beauty!". There's advantages and disadvantages to being an older membership of generally casual people. Great community, not so great CN military activity/efficiency.

People can have a go at military tactics/efficiency, whatever, but the claims of not following orders, of dissent, of people in GATO opposing what we're doing, even passively is really absurd. Even for an alliance with a variation of views in almost everything, when it comes to war, we're consistently united, as is the case today. There hasn't even been an inkling of dissent, it's all a cocktail of BS from a person who gets personal enjoyment from making fluff pieces with as little legitimacy as possible.

Edited by Frederico Rodriguez

The difference being that Umb/GOONS are allied to VE, my alliance is not.

I know how that works. If you're saying it here, I know you've spoken about it internally, and shortly thereafter with Umb/goons. And anything MK says; Umb agrees with....Hence my sig. You can try and save face with everyone else, but you're not fooling me. You'll use it as leverage to take advantage of VE, and that's the long and the short of it.

Certainly not. Mostly won by willingness to continue and our side ran out of it I guess. Efficiency is gauged by damage dealt ratio which is what he referenced.

I think Kowalski summed up my thoughts pretty well.

Edited by Enamel32

Refuse? No. No one stood up and said no I'm not doing that. The 100k+ Guys I ordered to hit Legion and what GOD had at the time when we entered did great. When I ordered 80k-100k guys out we did come out sluggish but eventually within 3-4 days pretty much everyone but those 5 were out

False.

You ordered them out on Jan 30.  You bitched them out on Feb 5 at which point you stated that "only a few" were out.  6 days later.  Or didn't you see the screenshot of your own impotent rant?

So refuse orders? Absolutely not.

At the same time that you were stomping around GATO on Feb 5, you were stomping around the OWF on Feb 5 telling us "why wait?" [on that full month you promised us] while you knew that your upper tier was absolutely ignoring you!  Why do you think I circled the dates in red, you sad, sad, ineffective Minister of Nothing.

When I ordered everyone under 100k to peace. All but 3-4 real members didn't make it...with 2 days notice.

Brags on how fast his alliance hit peace mode in a thread about how his alliance refused to exit it.  Friggin' moron.  Utterly hopeless.

As far as I know we're just getting credit for doing what was asked of us. You seem to be upset because no one is patting you on the back for going out and getting destroyed. We'll you didn't get destroyed on our behalf so like I said we don't owe you anything.

You should be dragged through the streets and publicly flogged for your comments towards VE.  VE put everything on the line in this war while you pranced through the flowers.  Disgusting.  You notice you're the only GATO gov shooting his mouth off in here?  Because there's no defense for your "performance" or your failures.

What would be the point? Legion and RnR had already been pounded above 60k. I told them if they wanted to they could. Those who wanted did.   

Woah, boy oh boy, I never thought you'd admit that you first ordered your entire alliance out of PM because you thought peace was coming soon and you want to blow smoke up your allies' butts about a "strong finish" but then ordered them not to come out of peace mode because peace was on the table and there was no reason to blow smoke.

You're a joke, Magic.

Edited by Schattenmann

It's like say that the most efficient way to reduce the fuel consumption of a car is avoid to drive it.

Both would be true so I guess they have that in common. When Legion and RnR are pushed well below the ceiling that side thought they could maintain I see it as pretty good success. It would've been nice to maintain it across the whole war...it just didn't work out that way.

I know how that works. If you're saying it here. I know you've spoken about it internally, and shortly thereafter with Umb/goons. And anything MK says; Umb agrees with....Hence my sig. You can try and save face with everyone else, but you're not fooling me.

If you think that DH is incapable of having contrasting views, especially on an alliance which some members are allied to and others are not, then you are retarded. You being in Sparta of all alliances should realize that more than most.

If you think that DH is incapable of having contrasting views, especially on an alliance which some members are allied to and others are not, then you are retarded. You being in Sparta of all alliances should realize that more than most.

Bahahahaha, maybe you don't realize how far Umb is up your ass. Or maybe you don't truly realize how manipulative your alliance is.

Whatever the case, try and prove me wrong, for the sake of VE.

Bahahahaha, maybe you don't realize how far Umb is up your ass. Or maybe you don't truly realize how manipulative your alliance is.

Whatever the case, try and prove me wrong, for the sake of VE.

Umb kept you guys safe for a long time. That circumstances eventually changed enough that we were able to roll you make neither of those things true.

I and MK have nothing to prove to or for VE.

False.

You ordered them out on Jan 30.  You bitched them out on Feb 5 at which point you stated that "only a few" were out.  6 days later.  Or didn't you see the screenshot of your own impotent rant?

At the same time that you were stomping around GATO on Feb 5, you were stomping around the OWF on Feb 5 telling us "why wait?" [on that full month you promised us] while you knew that your upper tier was absolutely ignoring you!  Why do you think I circled the dates in red, you sad, sad, ineffective Minister of Nothing.

Brags on how fast his alliance hit peace mode in a thread about how his alliance refused to exit it.  Friggin' moron.  Utterly hopeless.

You should be dragged through the streets and publicly hanged for your comments towards VE.  VE put everything on the line in this war while you pranced through the flowers.  Disgusting.  You notice you're the only GATO gov shooting his mouth off in here?  Because there's no defense for your "performance" or your failures.

Woah, boy oh boy, I never thought you'd admit that you first ordered your entire alliance out of PM because you thought peace was coming soon and you want to blow smoke up your allies' butts about a "strong finish" but then ordered them not to come out of peace mode because peace was on the table and there was no reason to blow smoke.

You're a joke, Magic.

You have no metrics to base your criticism on Schatt. I was yelling at what amounted to 11 nations. The 5 that are still in peace mode and the 5-6 who did not come out when I asked who eventually did come out and fight. So again you're really crying over 5 nations out of all of GATO Schatt......you realize how sad that is? You probably don't which is quite telling. You actually think this is worth noting don't you? You need to find more things to fill out your day. Maybe soap carving?

Seems the thread was about how my alliance didn't follow my orders. That I got all but 3-4 to hit peace with 2 days notice says otherwise. Yeah they came out sluggishly but they did come out. Something you refuse to acknowledge for some reason.......It wouldn't be because it pretty much throws your whole case out the window? Nah.

The hell with VE. Again I don't owe them anything. They wanted to throw themselves to the dogs and be out of the fight quick that's their choice. I was told by the coalition to plan for a really long war and I did so. Maybe they were told something different.

Also I was the only gov addressed in the op and the only one responsible for how our military fought the war. My fellow gov know they don't need to defend me. Especially, since your whole case falls apart as soon as one goes and looks at our nation page and sees you are full of shit.

My allies had nothing to do with ordering or not ordering people out at the end. A release was always part of the plan anyway.Unfortunately as a coalition we argued the plan to death so much peace sounded better to some people. When peace came far easier than anyone thought I said the hell with it come out if you want, if not whatever this things over anyway. I was kinda disappointed it was. I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated with the end of this thing.  

Pretty sure the joke's on you Schatt. This was pretty much an utter failure. Of course you got a few of your mindless drones to come and pretend to laugh but I'm sure even they know what crap it is. I am flattered you went through so much trouble though.

Umb keeping us safe is an arguable statement to make, and one that I won't get into here.

You or MK may not have a single thing to owe VE; however, I have this burning feeling that VE is someday going to say, "Hey, we fought hard for you guys, and we want something in return for supporting your shens". What will Umb do? Roq's ascended into the abyss now, so they can't use that as an excuse. Oh wait, you already said something, "We don't owe you anything, because you used a strategy against the coalition strategy".  Sounds like a hum dinger of an excuse to me.

Edited by Enamel32

Five members were so inactive they didn't see the request until days/weeks later. How many times must it be repeated? It has been made abundantly clear. In GATO it is acceptable for people to have busy real lives. We aren't hardcore gamers, like most other alliances. We think of it as "only five people away, you beauty!". There's advantages and disadvantages to being an older membership of generally casual people. Great community, not so great CN military activity/efficiency.

People can have a go at military tactics/efficiency, whatever, but the claims of not following orders, of dissent, of people in GATO opposing what we're doing, even passively is really absurd. Even for an alliance with a variation of views in almost everything, when it comes to war, we're consistently united, as is the case today. There hasn't even been an inkling of dissent, it's all a cocktail of BS from a person who gets personal enjoyment from making fluff pieces with as little legitimacy as possible.

The fact that some of your members either didn't want to fight or were sloppy/inactive is part of it. The other part of it is that such a large amount weren't even asked to fight. Put those two together and whether it's down to refusal to fight, unwillingness to fight, inactivity or piss-poor organisation the fact remains that GATO have not, compared to most other alliances, contributed a great deal to this coalition's war effort or taken much damage for the cause. Now there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, I imagine it was the plan from the start, but that fact remains and is why when GATO start getting posts of support and praise in this thread for being involved in a beatdown and taking a lot for their allies that people will disgaree with that.

Unless you think that GATO have been involved in a beatdown and have gone out of their way to make a difference?

Umb keeping us safe is an arguable statement to make, and one that I won't get into here.

You or MK may not have a single thing to owe VE; however, I have this burning feeling that VE is someday going to say, "Hey, we fought hard for you guys, and we want something in return for supporting your shens". What will Umb do? Roq's ascended into the abyss now, so they can't use that as an excuse. Oh wait, you already said something, "We don't owe you anything, because you used a strategy against the coalition strategy".  Sounds like a hum dinger of an excuse to me.

And yet again you equate MK and Umb. When you figure out that we are separate alliances you might have less trouble seeing how things work.

Take note of it and maybe you wouldn't be in the place you are now. Certainly if more alliances on our side had the chance to do it our way we could have pushed this war a lot farther. You wouldn't be in the shape you are now and a lot more alliances would be in as bad of shape if not worse off than RnR and Legion.

Oh dear Lord, 'the GATO way'. You've said yourself that members didn't respond when you wanted them to and that you made mistakes deciding when to ask nations to come out of peace mode. Is that 'the GATO way'? I can certainly see it becoming a template for successful coalition war planning. Alliance leaders of CN! Do you want to be involved in a coaltion war so that you can fulfill your base obligations to your bloc and some allies but also take minimal damage because it isn't your war? Then employ 'The GATO Way' today!

Also I can't believe you keep mentioning Legion as if taking them to pieces requires some kind of skill.

Like I said (and keep saying) fight the war how you want, we've been in your situation before, just be honest about it and don't try and justify credit for your involvement when it hasn't been earned.