Greatest Rivalries

LexLuthor18

Why are you such a candy ass?

A rivalry needs a scoreboard, it can't just be one side kicking the crap out of each other. NpO-TOP at least had Polaris getting revenge via proxy if nothing else during BiPolar.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A rivalry needs a scoreboard, it can't just be one side kicking the crap out of each other. NpO-TOP at least had Polaris getting revenge via proxy if nothing else during BiPolar.

I wish we could say the same in this war  :ehm:

Edited by LexLuthor18

Calif I agree with about 90% of what you said and agree 100% with the greatest rivalries you listed, but I would add NpO and NPO to it. But I HAVE to make a correction:

While you mentioned the reps MK paid, you never made mention of the largest CN reps in history, paid by NPO. Additionally I will without a shadow of a doubt tell you MK had NOTHING to do with this war. Your alliance is the cause. We swung without a doubt, but Umbrella is the cause.

NPO-MK/LUE
NPO-NpO
TOP-NpO
SF-C&G
Short but memorable: Roquentin versus DH

The two posts that cited Sparta: Sparta was never politically and military proactive so I will not say there was any rivalry there.
There was a feud between Sparta-NSO on OWF but I think it is not a rivalry. Regarding Sparta-CnG, well Sparta was really close to CnG during Athens times. ODN was just loved in Sparta. After the two wars agains XX things changed but I wouldnt say a rivalry.

In a match that is as old as Alliances itself, two old hands in the Cyber Nations League continue to pound at each other.

GATO and Death are still locked in a scoreless draw. GATO looked good early in the second half, but successive errors on the pitch almost cost them the game, despite their coach employing star players form various sources, including LUE, CPCN, and other clubs. GATO managed to claw its way back however, climbing into a strong position as Karma nearly struck a potentially-killing blow through Death's defences. Later in the Second Half, skilled set-up work by Dave has pushed the ball firmly into Death's corner. Death has been in hold of possession for the last few plays, and has been putting forth some good prodding runs into GATO's half, only to be blocked by the famed 'wall of doves' defensive back line. I think this one is going down to the wire, Jim!

Edited by revolutionary rebel

Calif I agree with about 90% of what you said and agree 100% with the greatest rivalries you listed, but I would add NpO and NPO to it. But I HAVE to make a correction:

While you mentioned the reps MK paid, you never made mention of the largest CN reps in history, paid by NPO. Additionally I will without a shadow of a doubt tell you MK had NOTHING to do with this war. Your alliance is the cause. We swung without a doubt, but Umbrella is the cause.

The reps NPO paid didn't have much to do with MK per say, as we weren't the driving force behind those reps and only recieved a modest portion of them that others gave up to give to us.  Archon was a driving force behind Karma in general, but those terms were the responsibility of the alliances on that front.

It's certainly relevant to NPO's history, it's just not what I would call a part of the NPO/MK rivalry.  Similar in a way to this war, very relevant in the broader sense, but not really related to MK-NPO relations directly.

I'd also add to what Calif said about noCB, we definitely chose to focus on NPO and made a point of breaking the NPO-led convention on nukes by going all out with nukes on NPO.

The reps NPO paid didn't have much to do with MK per say, as we weren't the driving force behind those reps and only recieved a modest portion of them that others gave up to give to us.  Archon was a driving force behind Karma in general, but those terms were the responsibility of the alliances on that front.

It's certainly relevant to NPO's history, it's just not what I would call a part of the NPO/MK rivalry.  Similar in a way to this war, very relevant in the broader sense, but not really related to MK-NPO relations directly.

I'd also add to what Calif said about noCB, we definitely chose to focus on NPO and made a point of breaking the NPO-led convention on nukes by going all out with nukes on NPO.

Its Caliph, and yes, No CB was part of that rivalry, and break the ban on nukes NPO was enforcing changed the scope of warfare.  After FAN focused their nukes on NPO NPO knew how devastating full nuclear attacks could be.  Eventually MK broke the taboo and went full nuclear on NPO, enflicting much more damage on NPO than NPO enflicted on MK.  

Its Caliph.

And NpO and NPO have had a great rivalry, but never directly fought.  In 2007 and 2008 the rivalry was great.  Since then there was mutual dislike and perhaps backroom plotting, but hardly behavior from each other against the other in the same scale as the other rivalries I mentioned.

That's why Fan/NPO is so good: two years of Fan beat-down followed by  Karma, BiPoler, and DH-NPO

That's why Fan/NPO is so good: two years of Fan beat-down followed by  Karma, BiPoler, and DH-NPO

The funny thing about DH-NPO is that it was originally supposed to be DH "supporting" FAN preempting NPO.  FAN decided not to post at the last moment.  It wasn't supposed to be DH centric.

Edited by Azaghul

The funny thing about DH-NPO is that it was originally supposed to be DH "supporting" FAN preempting NPO.  FAN decided not to post at the last moment.  It wasn't supposed to be DH centric.

I know also intell told us that along with a faction  of MK wanted the end of ToOL.  The coming of the DH preempt is of thees 2 causes.

PS I forgot the FAN/NPO deceleration of IRON/ToP ve NpO.

I know also intell told us that along with a faction  of MK wanted the end of ToOL.  The coming of the DH preempt is of thees 2 causes.

PS I forgot the FAN/NPO deceleration of IRON/ToP ve NpO.

Everyone who knows anything about TOOL knows that the TOOL disbandment was planned prior to that war.  Any blaming of MK on  TOOLs decision to disband is incorrect, and that opinion is wrong.

I find it hard to believe that the Sparta-Umbrella Rivalry hasn't been mentioned. It's practically the Cybernations equivalent of the Army-Navy game in it's history. 

Speaking of the Army-Navy Game... GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!

Edited by Broncoskid8

In a match that is as old as Alliances itself, two old hands in the Cyber Nations League continue to pound at each other.

GATO and Death are still locked in a scoreless draw. GATO looked good early in the second half, but successive errors on the pitch almost cost them the game, despite their coach employing star players form various sources, including LUE, CPCN, and other clubs. GATO managed to claw its way back however, climbing into a strong position as Karma nearly struck a potentially-killing blow through Death's defences. Later in the Second Half, skilled set-up work by Dave has pushed the ball firmly into Death's corner. Death has been in hold of possession for the last few plays, and has been putting forth some good prodding runs into GATO's half, only to be blocked by the famed 'wall of doves' defensive back line. I think this one is going down to the wire, Jim!

I... well, thoroughly enjoyed this commentary. XD

I'd too count NPO-NpO as a great rivalry, even if they never directly fought each other.

My memory is fuzzy: were MPs significantly available in the MK at the time and was their availability part of the process that led to the decision of going all out with nukes?

I'd too count NPO-NpO as a great rivalry, even if they never directly fought each other.My memory is fuzzy: were MPs significantly available in the MK at the time and was their availability part of the process that led to the decision of going all out with nukes?

MP's were available, and so were WRC's.  MK had made the decision to persue high ANS nations.  When NPO attacked MK essentially had their nuclear members do the same tactics as nuclear rogues did, hitting NPO members who did not have SDI's.  One of the surrender terms was MK could only have a certain amount of nukes on hand iirc.  Another surrender term was that MK had to destroy their WRC's.

I think the last term was retconned in backroom talks, but it existed on the OWF version of the surrender document.

The proliferation of nuclear weapons via MP's enabled MK to go full nuclear on NPO, which, combined with their WRC's, enabled them to inflict significant damage against NPO for the duration of that war.  However their damage output to the damage they were taking was going to be unsustanable in the long run, hense their surrender. 

If it weren't for MK's decision to disregard the taboo NPO put on using nuclear weapons in war someone else would have done it, but without that taboo lifted CN would be a different place now.  Another reason the NPO/MK rivalry is one of the best, it allowed for the taboo against using nukes to be lifted.