Upper End of the War

Vasily Blyukher

To you, of course. What I replied to in your post, is the notion that the re spin of that propaganda bid is used without proper knowledge of it. So smirk, smirk dey dumb. Quite the contrary. The entire notion of how it was designed is known and disregarded.

You mistranslated something.  Its like a tough guy with some Korean tatoo that he thinks says "tough guy" but really says "ham sandwich".

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We both know this spin on trying to say Umbrella started it is to maintain support for this war against us so you can reference Umbrella as the big bad evil that needed to get stomped out.  

They don't have the guts to be what they wanna be. They need people like us. They need people like us so they can point their fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make them? Good? They're not good. They just know how to hide--how to lie. DH, we don't have that problem. DH, we always tell the truth. Even when we lie.

Edited by Xavii

Actually no, the act of initiating hostilites means attacking, and it was not Umbrella who engaged AI first, but rather AI who engaged Umbrella.

Yeah but an attack on one is an attack on all so you guys attacked AI when you attacked Puppets. Simple as that.

They don't have the guts to be what they wanna be. They need people like us. They need people like us so they can point their fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make them? Good? They're not good. They just know how to hide--how to lie. DH, we don't have that problem. DH, we always tell the truth. Even when we lie.

At the same point, there are many, many people on your side of the war that point to NPO has the big bad evil, going way back to 3+ years ago in order to gain propaganda points. So, I would say, y'alls side knows just as easily how to hide and how to lie.

Actually no, the act of initiating hostilites means attacking, and it was not Umbrella who engaged AI first, but rather AI who engaged Umbrella. 

The reason given for attacking Umbrella was as good as any, but at least take responsibility and say you attacked Umbrella and own up to it.  Being the agressor is fine, which is what you are, just be honest with it.  

However the who started it doesn't really matter now that the war has kicked off.  To be honest both sides wanted it to come at some point, if it hadn't kicked off when it did instead of talking about the war people would be whining that it hadn't happened yet. 

We both know this spin on trying to say Umbrella started it is to maintain support for this war against us so you can reference Umbrella as the big bad evil that needed to get stomped out.  You need us to be the villian.  The truth is that nobody here is a hero standing up for the innocents, everyone is guilty in this war. 

Yes actually. It was Umbrella who initiated hostilities by slot filling. I'm not sure why is that hard for you to understand. You fired the first shot. You provoked and you got a response, that is the sequence of events. You accept the cause, yet not the consequence. AI did not wake up randomly one day to attack Umbrella. We both know this spin on trying to say Umbrella is innocent and its actions were completely unintentional and had to do with some internal policies. Umbrella solely is guilty of bringing this war about. And truth is, it matters to you how the war started, else you would'nt bother. We dont need you to be anything you arent. We like you the way you are, never change. Edited by shahenshah

It was Umbrella who initiated hostilities by slot filling. I'm not sure why is that hard for you to understand. You fired the first shot. You provoked and you got a response, that is the sequence of events. AI did not wake up randomly one day to attack Umbrella. We both know this spin on trying to say Umbrella is innocent and its actions were completely unintentional. Umbrella solely is guilty of bringing this war about.

AI and company initiated hostilities by declaring war on Umbrella.  We did not fire the first shot, we drew a line in the sand and you crossed it swinging.  

AI did not wake up randomly one day and wanted to attack Umbrella, the dislike grew and grew and grew.  Nobody is trying to spin saying Umbrella is innocent.  I have consistantly said this was as good a CB as any and better than a lot I've seen.  However having a reason to declare war doesn't suddenly make your war a defensive one.  Thats all I'm saying.  Own up to this being an offensive war started by your hitting Umbrella.  

I'm not saying Umbrella didn't deserve it, I'm not saying "oh poor Umbrella look at all those big meanies out there breaking our crayons".  I'm just saying this isn't the defensive war you're trying to spin.  

We drew a line in the sand, and you crossed it by punching us in the face.  Hense, you started it.  We egged you on, sure.  The dislike was there, sure.  We both have been mean mugging each other for a while now.  But you can't claim that you are defending against us, especially since the very actions you are so against us doing were stricken from existence in a moment of divine glory by the almighty Admin himself.

So just sit back, have a brew, realize you are the agressor in this conflict, and be fine with that.  Being the agressor is nothing to be ashamed about, is not an inherintly wrong thing, and is quite fine to be in a lot of situations.  Just be honest about it, without the spin.

As an uninvolved outsider to the whole thing, I thought it was some vague MK reference, tbh.

It's someone on the Anti-BIBO side remembering the turtle from Umbrella propaganda and equating it with Umbrella itself, rather than utilizing critical thinking to discover that a turtle would have some other symbolic purpose in our propaganda, and this quick thinking now allows individuals from both sides of the war to smile and literally figuratively stomp the New Pacific Order every few seconds after every post.

Yes actually. It was Umbrella who initiated hostilities by slot filling. I'm not sure why is that hard for you to understand. You fired the first shot. You provoked and you got a response, that is the sequence of events. You accept the cause, yet not the consequence. AI did not wake up randomly one day to attack Umbrella. We both know this spin on trying to say Umbrella is innocent and its actions were completely unintentional and had to do with some internal policies. Umbrella solely is guilty of bringing this war about. And truth is, it matters to you how the war started, else you would'nt bother. We dont need you to be anything you arent. We like you the way you are, never change.

Although I do enjoy a good discussion regarding AI attacking Umbrella for attacking and participating in the destruction of a rogue, it probably isn't as fun in this particular thread. ;)

Now to go back on point: it sure is a good war when for once the sides disagree on who is winning, and yet I believe that both sides truly believe what they say (as opposed to some who simply say they are winning because they will last longer).

lol Promises? You literally read something that someone else said, then commented on it as if it were fact?I cant speak for any other C&G members, but TLR issued no such promises, nor do I think anyone else did.

I read and I commented showing curiosity.

You got two out of three there Rush Sykes, you would of got a fullhouse if you didn't assume something in the post which wasn't there.

noooo the secrets out, guess i have to change my signature now :P

also yeah can you all go debate the partisan-y politics sides of things in another thread please, quick vasily make another post to get things back on topic :3

The reason given for attacking Umbrella was as good as any, but at least take responsibility and say you attacked Umbrella and own up to it.  Being the agressor is fine, which is what you are, just be honest with it.  

However the who started it doesn't really matter now that the war has kicked off.  To be honest both sides wanted it to come at some point, if it hadn't kicked off when it did instead of talking about the war people would be whining that it hadn't happened yet. 

We both know this spin on trying to say Umbrella started it is to maintain support for this war against us so you can reference Umbrella as the big bad evil that needed to get stomped out.  You need us to be the villian.  The truth is that nobody here is a hero standing up for the innocents, everyone is guilty in this war. 

AI and company initiated hostilities by declaring war on Umbrella.  We did not fire the first shot, we drew a line in the sand and you crossed it swinging.  

AI did not wake up randomly one day and wanted to attack Umbrella, the dislike grew and grew and grew.  Nobody is trying to spin saying Umbrella is innocent.  I have consistantly said this was as good a CB as any and better than a lot I've seen.  However having a reason to declare war doesn't suddenly make your war a defensive one.  Thats all I'm saying.  Own up to this being an offensive war started by your hitting Umbrella.  

I'm not saying Umbrella didn't deserve it, I'm not saying "oh poor Umbrella look at all those big meanies out there breaking our crayons".  I'm just saying this isn't the defensive war you're trying to spin.  

We drew a line in the sand, and you crossed it by punching us in the face.  Hense, you started it.  We egged you on, sure.  The dislike was there, sure.  We both have been mean mugging each other for a while now.  But you can't claim that you are defending against us, especially since the very actions you are so against us doing were stricken from existence in a moment of divine glory by the almighty Admin himself.

So just sit back, have a brew, realize you are the agressor in this conflict, and be fine with that.  Being the agressor is nothing to be ashamed about, is not an inherintly wrong thing, and is quite fine to be in a lot of situations.  Just be honest about it, without the spin.

Its fun seeing Umbrella/DH/friends using the same arguments Kaskus is. Between this and the whole 'nuke turrets' stuff. 

lol Promises? You literally read something that someone else said, then commented on it as if it were fact?I cant speak for any other C&G members, but TLR issued no such promises, nor do I think anyone else did.

From what I heard GATO did. 

Its fun seeing Umbrella/DH/friends using the same arguments Kaskus is. Between this and the whole 'nuke turrets' stuff. 

From what I heard GATO did. 

GATO has no DH treaties to cancel nor they can speak for the rest of us. Regardless, I highly doubt that GATO made any such promises so it's all good. 

God this is amazing,  TPF at it's finest.

1. Ignore defense treaties with allies GATO and InT, to bandwaggon on TOP.

2. Threaten to drop treaties with said allies if they do not do drop treaties.

We have no DH ties to drop. So I guess we're golden?

@JGoods...I know right? What would be the point? Our ties are mostly Pacifica sphere after CnG. Not a single DH treaty ever conceived as far as I know.... I mean I guess we could have promised to drop all our DH treaties after the war.....in that case why wait? We already made good.

Edited by magicninja

Wars are won when one side is tired of its situation. It doesn't matter if it's upper or lower tier. If your side's middle to lower grows tired of not being able to grow past 80k NS, we might win (not to mention a handful of your higher end nations in permanent PM). And the opposite holds true: if our side grows tired of getting beat down in the lower NS, you might win (not to mention many nations in PM). A stalemate could happen, where we slowly slip in a situation similar to IRON-Gräms, but coalition-wide. I think cooler heads will prevail and a peace will be reached that day. It makes no sense to keep the entire planet in a protracted war for a year.

It makes perfect sense to me to keep you and your allies on the ropes as long as it takes to force a resolution suitably favourable to the aggrieved party, AI. The longer this takes the better. A year? Short time, my friend, short time. A year is nothing. If you arent ready to drag this out twice that long you might as well just surrender now and throw yourselves on the mercy of TronIX.

No one cares about collecting taxes and growing steadily when they could be nuking bad guys instead and that is just a fact.