Upper End of the War

Vasily Blyukher

Considering EQ has started to drop staggers, allowing us to get into PM, and most of the staggers they do pick up are done in such a poor fashion that the resulting fight has us heavily out-damaging their attacks. . . I think we'll see a lot more of our upper tier beating the day lights out of their upper tier. As has been said before. As we win in the upper tiers, we can knock players down that are lower than us. Tech and War Chests win wars, and EQ in all their adorable bumbling just don't quite meet up with us on that front. And unlike a lot of EQ players, our lower tiers are more than happy to fight at zi for months on end. :3 Which is quite unfortunate for EQ but. . . Our economic programs will let us rebuild in no time. ^.~

So, EQ, now that you realize you will never be cut out for the boy scouts (or girl scouts,) it's your move.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Busted staggers are a fact of life. When you have so many moving pieces as there are mistakes happen. They seem to be the exception rather then the norm. And honestly, this war is all about Umbrella. The hangers on are incidental. If ODN et al go to peace mode it only helps the cause of burning Umbrella.

There are a handful of middle tier fighters (65K and below) that are sitting in DEFCON 5, in war mode, and haven't been attacked for at least a few days. It's a repeat of DH's upper tier situation.

-blah- Tech and War Chests win wars, and EQ in all their adorable bumbling just don't quite meet up with us on that front. And unlike a lot of EQ players, our lower tiers are more than happy to fight at zi for months on end. :3 Which is quite unfortunate for EQ but. . . Our economic programs will let us rebuild in no time. ^.~

-not worth quoting-

Buying infra: cheap

Buying enough infra to least being rolled consistently in GAs: expensive

Buying enough infra at least being rolled consistently in GAs, then repeating that more than a few times: Even more expensive.

Buying enough infra to get out of the shark tank: "Dude, your warchest is on fire."

As for the morale and economic program, on what evidences do you have to backup your claim? Sounds dripping with propoganda. In fact, I'm fairly sure your lower and middle tier fighters will have greater morale decline because those that don't end up in PM, stay being dogpiled until they're near ZI (or ZI'ed), surrender, or somehow slip into PM. Our mid-low tier fighters can take a break when needed.

And as for your economic program, there's a bit of a problem. It's called a bottleneck, which is your aid slots.

Edited by HHAYD

Busted staggers are a fact of life. When you have so many moving pieces as there are mistakes happen. They seem to be the exception rather then the norm. And honestly, this war is all about Umbrella. The hangers on are incidental. If ODN et al go to peace mode it only helps the cause of burning Umbrella.

That does not seem to be the case.  As this thread is all about the upper tier's which Umbrella has already won.  One of the purpose of the war is for the rest of eQuilibrium to catch up to the tech of Umbrella which is totally failing.  Of course the top tiers of equi is already in peace mode to avoid the super nations of DH.  Which in turn gives these DH nations to do whatever they want even dealing tech.  This means tech difference will be even more.

Based on http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/blog/811/entry-3683-stats-itb-4/#commentsStart:

Jan 26:

150K+ NS

eQui  - 30

DH - 35

100K-150K+ NS

eQui  - 231

DH - 153

20K+ tech

eQui  - 7

DH - 24

Feb 11:

150K+ NS

eQui  - 7(-23)

DH - 29(-6)

100K-150K+ NS

eQui  - 90(-141)

DH - 97(-56)

20K+ tech

eQui  - 2 (-5) 

DH - 20 (-4)

That's assuming that these nations slipping into peace mode are all going to stay there.  Those that slip in, restock nukes, and come back out for another round of fighting, if they're able to continue to slip in and out at will... that doesn't really play out so well.

That's assuming that these nations slipping into peace mode are all going to stay there.  Those that slip in, restock nukes, and come back out for another round of fighting, if they're able to continue to slip in and out at will... that doesn't really play out so well.

This would be true, if there was any strategic depth involved with the opposition. Unfortunately this not the case. In Equilibrium, going to peace mode is no problem as there is a swarm of reserves to pick up the slack. For the opposition, there is no reserve. Every nation in peace mode is a war that is not being fought. Which means we can focus on what is really important. Burning Umbrellas tech to ash. That really is what constitutes victory here after all. Defeating Umbrella. That is why we are all at war. If you can't save Umbrella from defeat, then you lose the war. You can argue about how you preserved your stats all day long and it won't matter. The reason you are fighting is to save Umbrella, and if you don't save Umbrella you have lost. 

Edited by Aeros

This would be true, if there was any strategic depth involved with the opposition. Unfortunately this not the case. In Equilibrium, going to peace mode is no problem as there is a swarm of reserves to pick up the slack. For the opposition, there is no reserve. Every nation in peace mode is a war that is not being fought. Which means we can focus on what is really important. Burning Umbrellas tech to ash. That really is what constitutes victory here after all. Defeating Umbrella. That is why we are all at war. If you can't save Umbrella from defeat, then you lose the war. You can argue about how you preserved your stats all day long and it won't matter. The reason you are fighting is to save Umbrella, and if you don't save Umbrella you have lost. 

Well said. Not to mention the Equilibrium has a massive meat grinder nipping at the heels of the upper tier, just waiting for them to drop in one by one.

95% success rate during Bipolar. :smug:

And, amongst other things, I notice that Umbrella took in quite a few wartime recruits. If those recruits choose to stay there post-war this could be a zero-loss war as much of Umbrella's losses are replaced by new infinity-tier players seeking to exploit Umb's logistics train.

Edited by Instr

One of the purpose of the war is for the rest of eQuilibrium to catch up to the tech of Umbrella which is totally failing

That is an interesting statement, which is made more clearer by that raised "q" which makes no grammatical sense at first glance (nor does it by in game politics, but I digress, propaganda isn't there to be accurate). When talking about Umb and upper end of the war, I take everything here said as the truth as I personally am not fallowing that range, but the one in which I am in. While it is not the subject of this thread, Ill will then just shortly comment that Umb isn't only those nations that managed to stay above the fray. There are many more that fell bellow and they are being slowly picked apart, by grossly superior human wave. So in the grand total of the scheme, I dont know if Umb in particular is managing to keep its tech edge on alliance scale or not. Where many nations of theirs as you say are, many more are not.

But this thread deals only with those lucky enough that after years of growing managed to do what game mechanics guaranteed they should be able to. all those not so lucky are not in the view. So when dealing in totals, one should keep that in mind and expand.

That is an interesting statement, which is made more clearer by that raised "q" which makes no grammatical sense at first glance (nor does it by in game politics, but I digress, propaganda isn't there to be accurate). When talking about Umb and upper end of the war, I take everything here said as the truth as I personally am not fallowing that range, but the one in which I am in. While it is not the subject of this thread, Ill will then just shortly comment that Umb isn't only those nations that managed to stay above the fray. There are many more that fell bellow and they are being slowly picked apart, by grossly superior human wave. So in the grand total of the scheme, I dont know if Umb in particular is managing to keep its tech edge on alliance scale or not. Where many nations of theirs as you say are, many more are not.

But this thread deals only with those lucky enough that after years of growing managed to do what game mechanics guaranteed they should be able to. all those not so lucky are not in the view. So when dealing in totals, one should keep that in mind and expand.

Ultimately, we are merely talking about just 1-2% of the nations here and all the hope pinned by one side on them. 

You may be surprised by the power of tech. If his nuke lands - it should, given his tech advantage - he has a decent chance of winning his offensive GAs. He'll lose the defensive ones but, at that point, it goes without saying.

"If" the nuke lands. See, opposition nukes are going to land on you daily, your nukes arent going to land daily. 

Essentially what your saying is that it's "can we set them back more than they set us back in the process of doing it". And "can we afford to be set back this much in order to set them back that much". From memory it's probably one of the first wars where this has been the main goal and driving force. It's also one which is extremely hard to measure in it's successfulness, and one that you can't even conclude measuring whilst the war continues or even into the pursuing months post-war. This war isn't simply won by destroying more tech than you have destroyed yourself, but also in rebuilding that tech faster post-war or else you've set yourself further back than was necessary evidently.

As the war moves from the first phase in the upper tier, and the curve in destruction / time set back trends downwards for those upper tier nations being "pulled down" into the "meat grinder", it now begins to drastically trend upwards for those now facing these tech heavy nations. The question that then arises here is how far can the middle tiers, and lower tiers afford to be set back in trying to set back these pulled down nations?

My tech heavy opponent depleted his nuke reserve.

He has four targets to shoot at, and can at best target two, or at worst none (SDI can be a pain at times). All four targets still have nukes.

Yesterday, he spent his two nukes on me. All of them thwarted.

Had I also had the infra advantage, his GAs would've been more risky. But that doesn't matter because his ability to blow up 500 infra in one go is gone.

Edited by HHAYD

Considering EQ has started to drop staggers, allowing us to get into PM, and most of the staggers they do pick up are done in such a poor fashion that the resulting fight has us heavily out-damaging their attacks. . . I think we'll see a lot more of our upper tier beating the day lights out of their upper tier. As has been said before. As we win in the upper tiers, we can knock players down that are lower than us. Tech and War Chests win wars, and EQ in all their adorable bumbling just don't quite meet up with us on that front. And unlike a lot of EQ players, our lower tiers are more than happy to fight at zi for months on end. :3 Which is quite unfortunate for EQ but. . . Our economic programs will let us rebuild in no time. ^.~

So, EQ, now that you realize you will never be cut out for the boy scouts (or girl scouts,) it's your move.

Keep your Bull Sh$& propaganda out of this thread please...

While this thread has had some good debate and lots of trash talk, it was started for, and continues to deliver, meaningless statistics and propaganda.

Also, don't be so harsh on him...though his fascination with the Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts does seem a bit...disturbing.  :v:

Ultimately, we are merely talking about just 1-2% of the nations here and all the hope pinned by one side on them. 

"If" the nuke lands. See, opposition nukes are going to land on you daily, your nukes arent going to land daily. 

Because you seem to think in terms of 3v1 constantly. Which isn't what we're seeing on the ground. Our tech heavy nations are generally facing one to two opponents each, not three, many who also updeclared. Our nukes, against tech inferior nations, are landing more often than not. Landing three out of four, in two days, is still more than what we're receiving. Even a 2 for 2 ratio would be to our advantage.

Look at the numbers. The fact of the matter is that even on the worst front (ours), your number of nations above 90k has melted, just like many of us had predicted in this very thread.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

My tech heavy opponent depleted his nuke reserve.

He has four targets to shoot at, and can at best target two, or at worst none (SDI can be a pain at times). All four targets still have nukes.

Yesterday, he spent his two nukes on me. All of them thwarted.

Had I also had the infra advantage, his GAs would've been more risky. But that doesn't matter because his ability to blow up 500 infra in one go is gone.

YOur tech heavy oppponent will continue to outdamage you though, and he can always rebuy nukes. 

There's two things to take in consideration. How much damage one can do, and how much damage they can absorb. EQ has the numbers to absorb the damage.

Hmm, now there's five targets for him to nuke, and three of them are dealing a similar amount of damage he dealt them. And all of them are guarntee to win GA attacks.

He seems to hate me though. I'm always the first one to get nuked. :mellow:

You've spent more time in this thread telling other people how they are allowed to post than actually contributing posts.

The fact is that you are not staggering as well as you need to.  Sure I could go ahead and give you names of people you've completely missed, but if you're not going to do your job, I'm certainly not going to do it for you. 

The fact is that there are either 0 or 1 (if it's 1, it won't be for much longer) warmode eQuilibrium nations remaining in the top 250.

Once you get outside that, you're going to start seeing nations on your side hit PM and not leave, for fear of being completely marginalized post war.  Pretty soon your higher top tier nations will either need to buy up to drag us down or hit PM to avoid being pushed down.  Neither bodes well for your long term health.

Lastly, the hilarity of TPF thumping chests after the shockingly poor display we've seen from multiple nations should not go unnoticed.

Regarding all this, feel free to just say that I'm bullshitting. your heads looks better in the sand ;)

Edited by rsoxbronco1

Because you seem to think in terms of 3v1 constantly. Which isn't what we're seeing on the ground. Our tech heavy nations are generally facing one to two opponents each, not three, many who also updeclared. Our nukes, against tech inferior nations, are landing more often than not. Landing three out of four, in two days, is still more than what we're receiving. Even a 2 for 2 ratio would be to our advantage.

Look at the numbers. The fact of the matter is that even on the worst front (ours), your number of nations above 90k has melted, just like many of us had predicted in this very thread.

It hasn't even been a month yet. I guarantee things will begin to look bleaker for TOP as time goes by. 

And aside from the fact that most wars do end up being 3v1, you'll find that not a single stagger has been blown on our part. Taking that into account as well as the fact that there are many TOP/TOOTR/TSO/Alchemy nations that just sit and take it, I'd say we're in a pretty good position. But by all means, please do continue with your 'predictions'. 

Edited by Secret

It hasn't even been a month yet. I guarantee things will begin to look bleaker for TOP as time goes by. 

And aside from the fact that most wars do end up being 3v1, you'll find that not a single stagger has been blown on our part. Taking that into account as well as the fact that there are many TOP/TOOTR/TSO/Alchemy nations that just sit and take it, I'd say we're in a pretty good position. But by all means, please do continue with your 'predictions'.

How droll.

Yev you know we're getting crushed, just face the facts. If we surrender now we might be able to survive this onslaught brought about by UE and SNAFU.