Never bring an Umbrella to a gun fight

TRON IX

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358704575' post='3081049']
Your alliance has been irrelevant ever since you stopped being a useful pile of stats so this is highly ironic.
[/quote]

You have been irrelevant ever since you stopped being relevant.

This is a post we can all agree with!

[quote name='Sweeeeet Ronny D' timestamp='1358722558' post='3081258']
I am going to laugh when the AI coalition demands war with the lower tier nations for 2 weeks.
[/quote]
I'm still laughing that the AI coalition is confident they can do this.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1358644982' post='3080449']
Anyone saying they didn't want this war is simply foolish at best. We all play a war game surrounded by politics. All bs aside, Umbrella screwed up and opened a door.

Natan and I talked. We both admitted to one another we wanted to punch each other in the face but it wasn't what was best for our allies. I have worked to keep NPO from heating that up. Until this I believed Umbrella was doing the same (hell I am even willing to say this may not be coordinated... hard for me to do but thats fine). Am I taking advantage of this so to speak to collect the debt owed my alliance and allies. Absolutely. My allies in CnG (hell so does Ravan) know I have brought my concerns and problems to them about Umbrella time and time again.

It war. We all (CN) wanted it, lets get to it. Lets cut the crap, there isn't a moral position here, just a war position.
[/quote]

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1358645260' post='3080454']
Yeah seriously, the coalition really messed up in the op and should have said even though we have all the reason to DoW, the fact is that "we just don't like you" :awesome:
[/quote]

This is more like it, and how things should be. Plain-speaking, no BS, just down to business.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='The Warrior' timestamp='1358722706' post='3081260']

You have been irrelevant ever since you stopped being relevant.

This is a post we can all agree with!
[/quote]
Useful pile of stats means they were relevant solely as a meatshield but ok

Lol at people being impatient. This isn't SF, we aren't watching our blocmate get destroyed. We are laughing at the ineptitude of the enemy to pick a solid grouping to attack with, actually!

Edited by Neo Uruk

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358722724' post='3081261']
I'm still laughing that the AI coalition is confident they can do this.
[/quote]

I'm still laughing that your allies are heading to peace mode instead of declaring.

Yes, peace mode is a valid tactic, but it's usually not a good one. It looks to me like for all the big talk you were actually unprepared to have anyone call your bet, were caught flat-footed, and more importantly you caught your own allies flat-footed as well. Cant imagine anyone is happy with the Umbrella regime right now, friend or foe.

That doesnt guarantee you ultimately lose, of course but it's certainly not an auspicious start. I sense your laughter may be a bit overdone.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358722812' post='3081265']

Lol at people being impatient. This isn't SF, we aren't watching our blocmate get destroyed. We are laughing at the ineptitude of the enemy to pick a solid grouping to attack with, actually!
[/quote]

Feel free to continue laughing. Don't let umb's plummeting NS stop you.

[/quote]

Well you only have all the rest of Planet Bob waiting to come in and I hate to tell you half the people on your side really do not want to be their. They will do what they have to but, not a single bit more. In fact outside of DH and TOP you have a bunch of people waiting to fire some shots so can honor their treaties and have already been working on their place in the post war world. That is not exactly a group of people who are going to give it their all and they do not plan on winning.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1358723097' post='3081269']
be patient.
[/quote]

but dad.

[img]http://falconain.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/little-baby-pouting.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1358723270' post='3081271']

I'm still laughing that your allies are heading to peace mode instead of declaring.

Yes, peace mode is a valid tactic, but it's usually not a good one. It looks to me like for all the big talk you were actually unprepared to have anyone call your bet, were caught flat-footed, and more importantly you caught your own allies flat-footed as well. Cant imagine anyone is happy with the Umbrella regime right now, friend or foe.

That doesnt guarantee you ultimately lose, of course but it's certainly not an auspicious start. I sense your laughter may be a bit overdone.
[/quote]
[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1358723540' post='3081272']

Feel free to continue laughing. Don't let umb's plummeting NS stop you.
[/quote]
You actually believe this lmao
[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1358723616' post='3081276']

Well you only have all the rest of Planet Bob waiting to come in and I hate to tell you half the people on your side really do not want to be their. They will do what they have to but, not a single bit more. In fact outside of DH and TOP you have a bunch of people waiting to fire some shots so can honor their treaties and have already been working on their place in the post war world. That is not exactly a group of people who are going to give it their all and they do not plan on winning.
[/quote]
DH is more than aware of what we do and don't need to take care of.

A few things;

1) It's only been a few days. Seriously, at least wait a week or two to taunt DH about peace mode usage.
2) There is a [b]BIG [/b]difference between upper tiers peace moding and lower tiers. It [i]was [/i]valid to criticize SF/XX last war over their peace mode usage as their lowers never got any aid and got obliterated. The reverse isn't the same since uppers can fight for a very long time and don't need cash (hopefully). There is no drawback at the current time. Insulting lower tier peace mode usage at this point only makes the insulter look foolish.

By all means continue to taunt each other.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358719331' post='3081221']
After the initial strikes, tech becomes of greater importance as nukes start flying. Guess who has the tech advantage?
[/quote]

Im sure thats exactly what Ram thought also while fighting IRON, that only Tech adv matters and other numbers dont. :popcorn:

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1358724265' post='3081288']

Im sure thats exactly what Ram thought also while fighting IRON, that only Tech adv matters and other numbers dont. :popcorn:
[/quote]
Ramirus didn't have support or the most efficient alliance possibly ever. Gre nations bled out as they got tired of their !@#$% leader. Umbrella members have a strong community, as does all of DH, and aren't going to just ditch each other.

Edited by Neo Uruk

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1358724079' post='3081285']

A 6 month war, eh? Are you positive that you can sustain something like that?
[/quote]
Are you a joke or an idiot? DH-NPO war last a week or two short of 6 months. The hard truth is that it's not in your favor this time. Are you positive you can last half that time with no bail out coming?

[/quote]

[img]http://c481901.r1.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Iraqi-Information-Minister.jpeg[/img]

You understand DH has fallen from grace when it's Rey who does the PR legwork. Where are the potatoes? The Azaghuls? The leetguys? The Stormsends?

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1358725684' post='3081297']
Are you a joke or an idiot? DH-NPO war last a week or two short of 6 months. The hard truth is that it's not in your favor this time. Are you positive you can last half that time with no bail out coming?
[/quote]

I know one thing for sure, we would outlast TPF.