INT announcement

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1357935911' post='3074879']
Since my presence was requested I have to say: NEW, I told you so.

[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/34gq2oo.gif[/img]

Now I wonder, who will be the next?
[/quote]
I have broken my retirement because I feel a crime against the Russian language has occurred here in this thread. Please, D34th, do not ever use Russian letters to spell English words ever again. Even if it's supposed to look "commie" for some sort of miscue of hilarity. It's a crime against the Russian language.

Improper usage of letters that spell words in another language mixed in with words of another language.

Such awfulness.

Good day to you sir!

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1358106283' post='3075881']

That post was to INT o.o....
[/quote]

Silly there is no INT, only Zull
I mean CnG, or is it MK... I'm losing track of who dictates what INT does these days

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1358064855' post='3075775']
You mean like last time they aided Kaskus at war and we prevented GOONS and allies from hitting them? Last time they broke our treaty?

Normally I'd agree with you, but you fail to realize that the second that first aid packet was sent to Kaskus, NEW ceased to be an ally of BFF in every legal and technical meaning.
[/quote]
Essentially, yes. That's generally the expected protocol, and if you think it's worthy of a treaty cancellation (and let me be straight with this, I think that NEW very much deserved to be cancelled on, because they're idiots, the timing was just despicable) then afterwards you go about it. With BFF obviously there was complications during the last Kaskus fiasco, as if I recall correctly they were in the bloc at the time and BFF was a bloc not an alliance, but still, if INT doesn't like their allies doing things like that, they should've cancelled after the first time, not in the middle of the second. Frankly, it's a dick move and even if you feel they're kinda pissing on your relationship with their actions, then doing the same thing by tossing them out the window doesn't make you any better.

As for the e-lawyering, frankly it's just e-lawyering. If they ceased being BFF's allies the second they aided Kaskus, then by that logic the treaty was cancelled when they aided them during the GOONS embarassment. I mean, yes, it's a legitimate reason to cancel after the fact, but they'd have to do worse to really justify a cancellation mid-situation.

[quote name='Azreal' timestamp='1358110176' post='3075896']
Silly there is no INT, only Zull
I mean CnG, or is it MK... I'm losing track of who dictates what INT does these days
[/quote]
INT is controlled by ODN who is controlled by MK who is controlled by Rebel Virginia. So everything's RV's fault.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1358096141' post='3075853']
I have broken my retirement because I feel a crime against the Russian language has occurred here in this thread. Please, D34th, do not ever use Russian letters to spell English words ever again. Even if it's supposed to look "commie" for some sort of miscue of hilarity. It's a crime against the Russian language.

Improper usage of letters that spell words in another language mixed in with words of another language.

Such awfulness.

Good day to you sir!
[/quote]

I'm glad you enjoyed my propaganda piece, thank you.

[quote name='Stealthkill' timestamp='1358113963' post='3075911']
As for the e-lawyering, frankly it's just e-lawyering. If they ceased being BFF's allies the second they aided Kaskus, then by that logic the treaty was cancelled when they aided them during the GOONS embarassment. I mean, yes, it's a legitimate reason to cancel after the fact, but they'd have to do worse to really justify a cancellation mid-situation.
[/quote]
The appearance of the aid from NEW to Kaskus during our dust up last year and the story that was relayed to me (people in the know should feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) was that it was from 'rogue' members of NEW, who then skipped onto the Kaskus AA to fight us directly after the aid had gone through. It didn't take the form of an en-masse aid drop, as opposed to what has occurred in the current conflict.

e: I should note that NEW were very accommodating about these 'rogues', forking over equivalent amounts of aid to us and (presumably) disavowing their former members. I imagine that they had no interest in direct warfare with a MD-level ally of an MDAP-ally. I also presumed that this was the explanation proffered to BFF re: the aid and 'rogue' members at the time but I can't speak for them on this matter.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

If that is the case, my bad. Memory must still be foggy. Regardless of NEW's conduct, the principle of allies mediating and whatnot still holds. Simply enough, it's bad form to cancel on an ally before the situation resolving their involvement is resolved, unless a certan threshold of jackassery is reached, and unless they've been ruder than what's come across, it really doesn't seem like that's been the case.

[quote name='Stealthkill' timestamp='1358122755' post='3075961']
If that is the case, my bad. Memory must still be foggy. Regardless of NEW's conduct, the principle of allies mediating and whatnot still holds. Simply enough, it's bad form to cancel on an ally before the situation resolving their involvement is resolved, unless a certan threshold of jackassery is reached, and unless they've been ruder than what's come across, it really doesn't seem like that's been the case.
[/quote]

Given NEW's track record of stupidity, I think that threshold has long since past.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1357995248' post='3075377']
sorry guys, looks like you'll have to find another way to roll c&g without doing any of the work yourselves.

why not start your own war instead of relying on NEW to do it for you? because you're all useless, that's why.
[/quote]

Last I looked the only people trying to roll CnG was your allies in VE. Unless you think VE set this up the you just look dumb.

It's amazing how folks in this community continually express the importance of the spirit behind a defence level treaty yet when that spirit is clearly violated by one party it's almost always deemed insufficient by the very same characters as a reason to nullify the legalese binding the alliances. Don't let it bother you one bit INT this was absolutely the right thing to do in these circumstances and you have my respect for being bold enough to outright call the situation straight down the line.

[quote name='Piley' timestamp='1358455457' post='3078104']
Congrats on abandoning another ally!
[/quote]
Some would consider consistency to be a virtue, good sir.

Being a barbarian, maybe I do not understand treaties,
1) are they for protection? so all of BoB can CLICK, collect, build, sleep, Click, Collect, Build
OR
2)are treaties really a link or thread that allows alliances to be drawn into conflicts OF THEIR choosing (mostly), with a valid BS for WARing another alliance
BS=CB=some self rationalizing reason for WAR
I feel most DOW's should state the real reason "FUN" and we want more than #1 out of the Planet BoB
[img]http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17ebch358zfxxjpg/original.jpg[/img]

Edited by Lord Bit